Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

Marvel Heroes Omega

I am concerned

Comments

• Sylar34Sylar34 Posts: 70 Mighty

@Deksam said:

@masterzahc said:
    They can't make changes to items people paid for or we are all due for refunds. I don't think they want that so I'm sure there's a work around to them revising this.

As part of most online games terms of service they can do this.. whenever they choose...

But unfortunately.. those TOS don't hold up as well as they used to.. I let it slide when they did this with loot boxes... I won't this time...

We are losing tons of players..due to the mobile game type release of PC port heroes/villians

And lack of either listening to the player base about OP and even Omega gear farming (seriously...that was almost the end for me.)

Xbox GT: SSG Orbino

• Rpt0910Rpt0910 Posts: 245 Amazing

@CodenamexDuchess thanks for the information. I remember a while back we were all hypothetically discussing this happening with the general consensus being no way could they ethically do this and you had mentioned then you worked at a law firm so that's why I asked for your input.

I know gamers have sued game companies before the most specific example I can think of is years ago someone sued ea for having a monopoly on making NFL games and I could be wrong but I think ea settled out of court.

I'm not talking about a lawsuit with even the expectation of getting paid but knowing there already in financial trouble and if there going to treat us this way a lawsuit for the sake of seeing them and especially cebro burn via bankruptcy.

• TheBestVenomTheBestVenom potatoPosts: 174 Incredible

@GodOfIgnorance said:
    I dont't even know how to go about getting a refund on ps4 if this happens.

Asking for a refund for a game that is not a broken mess on PSN outside of Europe,which has laws protecting consumers, Sony will very politely tell you to go Ketchup! yourself with a hot iron.

• OlslickOlslick Desert WastelandPosts: 317 Amazing

I'm curious what peeps think compensation should look like if they give a smaller damage boost to OP. Do you think a full refund is fair? Like, for the AoA pack, would you just get your $80 back ideally?

And what about the other stuff you paid for? If they give you your $80 back, do you keep your 8000 Gs? What if you spent them? Do you get your loot boxes you may have bought taken back with any costumes or relics or flourishes or whatever? What if you bought XP boosts with those 8000 Gs? Do you expect them to roll back your XP with a refund?

Or do you think you'd get a refund and then keep the characters and levels and Gs? Cause if that's the case, maybe I ought to buy one?

• arcatharcath Pro Founder GermanyPosts: 285 Amazing
    edited October 12

@Nandonina1329 said:

@GodOfIgnorance said:

If they nerf it that bad and I spent the 80 bucks for the pack of 4 and I already leveled Storm specifically only cause of the Omega Prestige I'm calling and getting a refund on that through my bank. Idgaf if they ban me on here in game or wherever. That is utter bs.

Here is a word of warning...

Microsoft and Sony both, at least in the US, will not give refunds for digital purchases. I think digital preorder refunds are handled a bit differently in Europe/UK but this wouldnt be a preorder situation.

So that leaves you thinking about a chargeback with your bank. If you think that's your only option left then you better be prepared to lose EVERYTHING on your PSN/Xbox account.

Edit: Just take a look. Microsoft handles things the same exact way.

Microsoft and Sony both ban and remove ALL digital rights for the account in question on chargebacks of any kind.

The only recourse you would have to get any reasonable resolution will have to be through Gaz if you don't want to lose your console accounts.

Good news, I don't really see them changing something this drastic without a mea culpa but who knows if what they offer will be enough in the players eyes.

• Rpt0910Rpt0910 Posts: 245 Amazing

@AgentFenixion said:
    Hey guys,

We expected there would be some followup questions and requests for information. This is obviously one of those topics and part of what I've been doing tonight is observing some of what's come out of both Q&As on both forums. I know there's some speculation and some concern here, so we're going to try to get some more detail and clarity regarding what was meant with regards to the Omega Prestige tuning.

Just wanted to say thanks for your effort it is appreciated. Clarity is definetly needed because I'll admit were basically blowing up about a single sentence. The one piece of feedback I'd like to give towards this is instead of achieving balance by flat out nerfing it taking away from the main stat while giving us bonuses in other areas ie defense, attack speed, movement speed, or even since no where else in the game grants it maybe a broad cooldown reduction that effects everything accept for the ultimate.

Like I said in another thread, there's no resolution that'll be good enough. They never said that they were removing the damage Bump completely, but that it was adjusted. If they lowered the buff from 560% to 200%, you're still getting a significant increase in your toons damage. But I'm guessing that won't be good enough.

Which is crazy. Cause I was under the impression it was all optional and just something for people who liked leveling.

• AManHasNoNameAManHasNoName mentat.goldenpath@gmail.comPosts: 960 Amazing

I feel bad for all of you if you think you will receive any cash back.

IF they reimburse people, expect G's or some other form of in game currency that costs them nothing.

• Sylar34Sylar34 Posts: 70 Mighty

@AManHasNoName said:
    I feel bad for all of you if you think you will receive any cash back.

IF they reimburse people, expect G's or some other form of in game currency that costs them nothing.

I concur with this, as this is the standard that most of the gaming industry uses to reimburse their community.

The issue isn't going to be that players get a "refund" of some type. The real issue is that most players will just quit.

Xbox GT: SSG Orbino

• Frayin3Frayin3 Posts: 67 Mighty

@Olslick said:
    Like I said in another thread, there's no resolution that'll be good enough. They never said that they were removing the damage Bump completely, but that it was adjusted. If they lowered the buff from 560% to 200%, you're still getting a significant increase in your toons damage. But I'm guessing that won't be good enough.

Which is crazy. Cause I was under the impression it was all optional and just something for people who liked leveling.

Not sure you understand what optional means. You aren't forced to omega prestige every time you hit 60. It is optional. However people spent their money on the basis they would achieve more powerful stats every OP.

@Frayin3 said:

@Olslick said:

Not sure you understand what optional means. You aren't forced to omega prestige every time you hit 60. It is optional. However people spent their money on the basis they would achieve more powerful stats every OP.

I do understand what optional means. You don't have to do it. Right? You didn't have to before and you still don't.

• TherodonTherodon Posts: 59 Mighty

Nobody has "paid" for 70 Omega Levels. Only paid for Omega 1, that dont change. for the mass of players OM 1 should bring most benefits. 2-70 should be for power players that dont wont to do another piece of content

• WeezkingWeezking Hells KitchenPosts: 222 Amazing

Honestly what they should of done from the beginning of OP was give you a special legendary at Rank 1 with the 25 splinters and the double synergy then if you reach Rank 70 you get a special costume for your character that cannot be obtained in any other way.

• BabiidollBabiidoll Posts: 73 Mighty

Drop the omega levels to something like 10. Then as the expansions come (hoping they do) add a level or two. I'll agree that 70 levels of OP is not needed. But a noticable power increase of some sort should still be there.

10 OP levels are doable even 20. But a lot of people need to feel like they have "finished" a character. They can do this easier with less monotonous leveling. Also helps curve the power creep some are complaining about.

• MercwithMouth82MercwithMouth82 Posts: 6,115 Cosmic

@arcath said:

@Nandonina1329 said:

@GodOfIgnorance said:

If they nerf it that bad and I spent the 80 bucks for the pack of 4 and I already leveled Storm specifically only cause of the Omega Prestige I'm calling and getting a refund on that through my bank. Idgaf if they ban me on here in game or wherever. That is utter bs.

Microsoft and Sony both, at least in the US, will not give refunds for digital purchases. I think digital preorder refunds are handled a bit differently in Europe/UK but this wouldnt be a preorder situation.

So that leaves you thinking about a chargeback with your bank. If you think that's your only option left then you better be prepared to lose EVERYTHING on your PSN/Xbox account.

Microsoft and Sony both ban and remove ALL digital rights for the account in question on chargebacks of any kind.

The only recourse you would have to get any reasonable resolution will have to be through Gaz if you don't want to lose your console accounts.

Good news, I don't really see them changing something this drastic without a mea culpa but who knows if what they offer will be enough in the players eyes.

If you can prove that you bought a product that was falseley advertized you can still get refunds for digital products.

Happened to me with Salt & Sanctuary. The game was advertized as having several translated versions. Every translation though was done with auto-translate and led to non-understandable dialogues, menues, quest or item descriptions.

I provided screenshots of some of these completely senseless translations German and asked for a refund based on a wrong store description.

Received my money back from Sony.

Is it still considered friendly fire if I hate you?

No capes!

https://www.youtube.com/c/mrsoandso

https://www.twitch.tv/ mrsoandso82 (remove the space please)

https://twitter.com/MrSoandso82

PSN ID: MercwithMouth82
    PS4 Community: Marvel Heroes Omega - Co-op

@Olslick said:

'Overtuned and COMPLETELY revised.'

No capes!

edited October 12

@MercwithMouth82 said:

@arcath said:

@Nandonina1329 said:

@GodOfIgnorance said:

If you can prove that you bought a product that was falseley advertized you can still get refunds for digital products.

Happened to me with Salt & Sanctuary. The game was advertized as having several translated versions. Every translation though was done with auto-translate and led to non-understandable dialogues, menues, quest or item descriptions.

I provided screenshots of some of these completely senseless translations German and asked for a refund based on a wrong store description.

Yes, you are in Europe where the refund laws are a bit different for recent purchases and digital preorders. Sadly this wont apply here.

I am also willing to bet you didn't have tens if not hundreds of hours played on S&S as well.

Things are slightly different with this.

Refunds wont be given and chargebacks will only get your console account banned.

• CodenamexDuchessCodenamexDuchess Posts: 1,554 Astonishing

@arcath said:

@Nandonina1329 said:

@GodOfIgnorance said:

Thigh this is totally premature to leap to any conclusions before changes are even made, Sony and MS definitely both refund digital purchases when there’s cause.

• CodenamexDuchessCodenamexDuchess Posts: 1,554 Astonishing

See No Man’s Sky.

@CodenamexDuchess said:

@arcath said:

@Nandonina1329 said:

@GodOfIgnorance said:

Thigh this is totally premature to leap to any conclusions before changes are even made, Sony and MS definitely both refund digital purchases when there’s cause.

Ok... Good luck with that.

@arcath said:

@MercwithMouth82 said:

@arcath said:

@Nandonina1329 said:

@GodOfIgnorance said:

Yes, you are in Europe where the refund laws are a bit different for recent purchases.

I am also willing to bet you didn't have tens if not hundreds of hours played on S&S as well.

Things are slightly different with this.

Refunds wont be given and chargebacks will only get your console account banned.

I had platinumed it when I switched to the German version first (wanted to play locally with a friend who does not speak English).

The first reply from Sony after I asked for a refund after only describing the situation:

'No refunds if a game has already been downloaded.'

I contacted them again, this time with 5 or 6 screenshots of non-understandable mistranslations.

Had the e-mail confirmation of a refund within a few days and the money refunded within 2 weeks max.

A friend of mine (US based) contacted Sony back then when the changes to the costume system happened.
    The store descriptions for G packs were false advertizing claiming you can 'buy costumes.

She got refunded as well. Of course her MHO account got banned but she didn't intend on playing anymore after this change anyway.

No capes!

• KissingToastKissingToast Joliet, Il Posts: 34 Mighty

@arcath said:

@Nandonina1329 said:

@GodOfIgnorance said:

Gaz will also perma ban you for charge backs no questions asked.

• Fbraggys12Fbraggys12 MN / TX / AZPosts: 323 Amazing

@CodenamexDuchess said:
    See No Man’s Sky.

I personally got a refund for this game. So I can attest to the false advertising and play issues.

I bought this game with the intent of doing online multiplayer and after several days and weeks.. well you know the rest.

I submitted to Sony and all I had to do was cite all the abundance of material on this game and the lack of follow up and the promised features.

Omega Prestige
    Spider-Man 10, Magik 13

Prestige 6's
    VENOM, Scarlet Witch, Punisher, Ant-Man, Ironfist, Angela, Captain Marvel

NEVERJUBILEE #TheAntManCan

PSN Community: Marvel Legacy

• RandomFoliageRandomFoliage Gold CoastPosts: 26 Mighty

@Weezking said:
    Honestly what they should of done from the beginning of OP was give you a special legendary at Rank 1 with the 25 splinters and the double synergy then if you reach Rank 70 you get a special costume for your character that cannot be obtained in any other way.

This. Giving attribute bonuses for prestiging was always a mistake. It turns something that is supposed to be optional into a virtual necessity...especially when it's 1 point per level. There was no way an extra 70 attribute points was EVER going to be considered "optional".

Prestige rewards should only ever have been cosmetic (although the character specific legendaries and double synergy bonuses are actually great ideas).

We need to wait for the devs to clarify what's going to happen before we bring out our lyn2cging ropes thougb

• Cortez72Cortez72 Posts: 47 Mighty

Sorry to roll the conversation back from the refund/compensation chat. Something that has been mentioned here and in other threads is the variety of ways OP could work for the better, engaging end game level locked content for re-leveling and so on.

I feel that there is some reluctance to accept the communities suggestions out of a sense of pride. Rather they have opted to re-tune the outcome of the thing. Which is clearly going to be received poorly. There were a few people arguing the power imbalance given by OP, that's a genuine issue. But given the system is now in place, and cash is paid for the power promise, I agree it should not be altered.

I guess both we the players and Gaz are now at odds. We asked for some kind of restructure or change to the OP system they released so hurriedly. The proposed change is the wrong end of the stick. No action has been taken yet by the development team just planned, I'm guessing our outrage might halt the "re-tuning".

My hope is that a rethink in light of what has happened puts things back on course, rather than putting to action further unpopular decisions.