Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

Marvel Heroes Omega

hi i would like help on choosing a character

JenaricJenaric Posts: 29 Mighty

I have been looking into Luke Cage , Moon Knight, Cyclops , Black Panther, and even Antman

Comments

• psychicdrillpsychicdrill Posts: 208 Amazing

I haven't played any of those, but I have seen people calling Cyclops, Moon Knight and Ant Man weak. Something to consider.

• eternalscourgeeternalscourge Posts: 494 Amazing
    edited August 9

I have cyclops and antman, and i will say that they are two of my favorites in this game(i would never use them to farm supply boosts with, however ;p). If you like summoning things, go Magik all the way. If you are a fan of cyclops or antman, definitely go with one of them AS LONG AS you already have synergies/some saved artifacts or lvl 60 gear. DO NOT make one of them your first or second character, thats all i will say. they both need strong gear to be most effective. I think my antman has almost nothing but ACP gear in all my artifact and medallion spaces for instance.

GT: EternalScourge feel free to add me

• MeMortaMeMorta Xavier's School for Gifted YoungstersPosts: 532 Amazing

Is it your first character?

Will they be your main?

Do you have the required synergies for your main?

What are you after from the character, visuals, playstyle etc?

You may love me or hate me but I just say it how it is.

• JenaricJenaric Posts: 29 Mighty

I have doctor strange, captain marvel, daredevil, gambit, hawkeye, nightcrawler, nova, squirrel girl, and starlord.

I don't know who is good solo, damage , or good with a team out of the ones I do want right now

I'm alil lost I don't know lol I have several pieces of gear for durable characters and I have gear for punisher, moon knight and antman

• ramajanadramajanad Nashville, TNPosts: 70 Mighty

Out of all your choices I only have Luke and I personally enjoy playing him ALOT.

Twitter: @dmask76
    Xbox tag: Ramajanad

Nova - cosmic
    Angela - cosmic
    Daredevil - cosmic
    Kitty Pryde - cosmic
    Elektra - cosmic
    Blade - cosmic
    Black Widow - Cosmic
    Cpt. Marvel - cosmic
    Hawkeye - cosmic
    Hulk - cosmic
    Luke Cage - cosmic
    Night Crawler - cosmic
    Magik - cosmic
    Squirrel Girl - cosmic
    Storm - cosmic
    Scarlett Witch - cosmic
    War Machine - cosmic
    Cpt. America - 10

• johnkenobijohnkenobi Posts: 40 Mighty

If you're interested there is a youtuber that shares his ranking for the console heroes. He has two videos out covering 21-40.

Cyclops - 31
    Luke-32
    Moon Knight-38
    BP-39
    Ant-40

• JoesierraJoesierra WisconsinPosts: 145 Incredible

Of those listed in the OP only one I have is Cyclops. I've got him at 60/Cosmic and currently working on leveling Gungir with him, so suffice to say I'm happy with him :smile:

He is pretty squishy defensively. His best defense is the age old "just don't get hit" so it doesn't really help that most of his "summon" powers aren't really summons so much as one-off attacks (IE not taking any aggro away from you). Throw out Beast/Magik as often as possible, apply slow to enemies judiciously and absolutely take the talent that makes his signature an invulnerable 5 sec channel though and you can manage the battle field well enough.

Super-Heroic: Hawkeye, Venom
    Cosmic: Angela, Black Widow, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Colossus, Cyclops, Daredevil, Luke Cage, War Machine, Wolverine
    Omega: Hulk, Gambit, Iron man, Kitty Pryde, Magik, Nightcrawler, Punisher, Spider-man, Squirrel Girl

• FloodblueFloodblue PortsmouthPosts: 237 Amazing

@Jenaric said:
    I have been looking into Luke Cage , Moon Knight, Cyclops , Black Panther, and even Antman

Cyclops all day son!

Xbox One - Flood31
    Mains - War Machine, Iron Man, Colossus, Cyclops, Spider-Man, Captain America, Wolverine
    Always looking for a group to play with!

I ended up getting captain America recently beat cosmic ._. yeah he wasn't on my list lol because of the serum problem people kept bringing up but I risked it and I made it work for me.

I wasn't going to get scarlet witch but now I may because at the end of beating cosmic I didn't open my marvelous box and when I did I got her son wiccans skin lol not to long afterwards, I got gear for her I am taking it as a sign

• H3rTzDoNuTH3rTzDoNuT Posts: 513 Amazing

@johnkenobi said:
    If you're interested there is a youtuber that shares his ranking for the console heroes. He has two videos out covering 21-40.

Cyclops - 31
    Luke-32
    Moon Knight-38
    BP-39
    Ant-40

Sorry but nobody should follow that list or even take it into account when choosing your toon as it's simply wrong.

I would say first go for the heros you like, you are fan of etc. Have fun with the game, see who you like more and figure out what playstyle are you into (ranged, melee, summon etc). Not every hero is equal but every hero is perfrctly playlable. If you put some serious time into one character it can be great no matter what others will say.

ANT-MAN CAN! --- Heroes owned: All minus Iron Fist --- Costumes Owned: All Available --- GAZ ---> Ant-Man Hank Pym Costume Please!

@Jenaric said:
    I ended up getting captain America recently beat cosmic ._. yeah he wasn't on my list lol because of the serum problem people kept bringing up but I risked it and I made it work for me.

I wasn't going to get scarlet witch but now I may because at the end of beating cosmic I didn't open my marvelous box and when I did I got her son wiccans skin lol not to long afterwards, I got gear for her I am taking it as a sign

Cap can be great at DPS but he will be very squishy, but he can also be amazing tank. He can be both at the same time but then he will be average at both.

ANT-MAN CAN! --- Heroes owned: All minus Iron Fist --- Costumes Owned: All Available --- GAZ ---> Ant-Man Hank Pym Costume Please!

@H3rTzDoNuT said:

@johnkenobi said:

Cyclops - 31
    Luke-32
    Moon Knight-38
    BP-39
    Ant-40

Sorry but nobody should follow that list or even take it into account when choosing your toon as it's simply wrong.

I would say first go for the heros you like, you are fan of etc. Have fun with the game, see who you like more and figure out what playstyle are you into (ranged, melee, summon etc). Not every hero is equal but every hero is perfrctly playlable. If you put some serious time into one character it can be great no matter what others will say.

To say no one should disregard another's opinion because your opinion is better without evidence is ridiculous. There are 40 characters and that individual shares his thoughts surrounding each.

Have you searched for and viewed these videos to help form your opinion, if not, "no one should follow [your advice] or even take it into account when choosing your toon as [H3RTZDONUT is] simply wrong."

Yep I did watched it. Hawkeye is at the bottom of his list and it's one of the top 10 dps characters on consoles. Just one of small examples with many others being completely wrong and out of place.

And I didn't say someone should fallow my advise, I said people should buy what they like and feel like to play now, that's it.

I think I built him with a mix lol

shield of perseus

some gear focus on fighting & strength

but I am missing critical and brutal all around zero % everywhere

• DeksamDeksam Posts: 1,506 Astonishing

@H3rTzDoNuT said:
    Yep I did watched it. Hawkeye is at the bottom of his list and it's one of the top 10 dps characters on consoles. Just one of small examples with many others being completely wrong and out of place.

And I didn't say someone should fallow my advise, I said people should buy what they like and feel like to play now, that's it.

What are you basing him being in the "top 10 damage dealers" on?

edited August 11

Attack speed, native plus 10% crit hit, signature with massive damage on 13,5 seconds cooldown, great for single targets and clearing trash. I have over 300 hour on Hawkeye alone. He can be total crit/brut monster.

I'm not trying to convince anyone Hawkeye is good or any character is better than other. I said every one of them can be good if you gonna put time to build him right.

@H3rTzDoNuT said:

...but you did. You specifically told everyone to disregard the opinions in the videos based on your opinion of the information contained.

Having fun will likely be priority one, however, if someone wants to make a prudent decision on a hero; especially if their time is limited, they should seek multiple opinions.

Just a thought, we both agree on the same premise.

I said nobody should, they can if they want but basing your choices on someone else's opinion is funny.

@H3rTzDoNuT said:
    Attack speed, native plus 10% crit hit, signature with massive damage on 13,5 seconds cooldown, great for single targets and clearing trash. I have over 300 hour on Hawkeye alone. He can be total crit/brut monster.

You're talking about various potential, but just because you have this information doesn't place him in the top 10 damage dealers. A lot of characters have that same potential. We're talking about characters like Ghost Rider, Cyclops and Punisher that all have similar attack speed benefits, high criticals and brutal, and kill times under 90 seconds on raid dummies barely full spec'd.

In the end it's not always about damage potential.

I have Hawkeye at 1:20 on cosmic raid dummy and it's not even his full potential nor his legendary at max level. Like I said it's always coms down to the time you willing to spend building and gearing your character. Some would take more work than others and some will be better than others but all of them can be great and easily playable on Cosmic difficulty.

@H3rTzDoNuT said:
    I have Hawkeye at 1:20 on cosmic raid dummy and it's not even his full potential nor his legendary at max level. Like I said it's always coms down to the time you willing to spend building and gearing your character. Some would take more work than others and some will be better than others but all of them can be great and easily playable on Cosmic difficulty.

That's exactly the point of the ranking. If you did see what I said, I gave the reasons for his ranking. Every character has potential and every character made it through cosmic. My rankings are based on several factors also taking into account new players to a high degree. All of my content is based around new players. I also have punisher at 21 but I've gotten his TTK to 1:18 and I've only got his legendary to the third tier and I don't have him spec'd out entirely yet either. But he lacks in other areas which are detrimental to newer players.

I think I explain my reasoning, especially when it comes to leveling, for each characters rankings pretty well. That being said, there are a lot of higher damage characters on the list that rank in the latter rankings, primarily for the reasons I specify in the video. Anyone that puts in enough time can make any character fairly powerful, and every character can currently beat any and all content in the current game.

do you have a guide on items such as artifacts or medals for characters deksam? :)

• ChufmoneyChufmoney Bay Area, CAPosts: 13 Staff

I worked on Ant-Man. I think his mechanics are pretty neat. That being said, you can't go wrong with Black Panther. He's got a couple of fun builds you can draw out of him.

@Jenaric said:

• TaskSpideyTaskSpidey Posts: 148 Incredible
    edited August 11

I like Black Panther and Cyclops Personally I don't think they are too weak. Black Panther just suffers from not being able to use the melee portion of his kit without dying. And people say cyclops is weak he doesn't feel weak to me, but like I said its just a personal opinion.

As a side note I'm glad to see more staff in the forums.

Twitch: Sar_Ras

This post was brought to you by THE BEST!

edited August 11

@Chufmoney said:
    I worked on Ant-Man. I think his mechanics are pretty neat. That being said, you can't go wrong with Black Panther. He's got a couple of fun builds you can draw out of him.

@Jenaric said:

Are you planning on buffing Ant Man anytime soon?

@Jenaric said:
    do you have a guide on items such as artifacts or medals for characters deksam? :)

I don't have a lot of cosmic build videos quite yet, Tony might though! I have several cosmic builds planned for after I finish the next set of videos.

• EhpicEhpic Posts: 677 Amazing

@Jenaric said:

all of those heroes are fun in their own way but none of them are over-the-top strong. I personally had the most fun leveling luke cage and cyclops from that list. As far as end game / cosmic i have more fun with moon knight once i got a good level 60 build rolling for him. The nice thing with this game is all the heroes are fun in their own way, and if you are a fan of the hero you'll likely enjoy playing him in this game. That said there is definitely a gap in strength between heroes but as far as fun factor i have enjoyed every hero I have played in this game, and i've played all 40 in cosmic ;) it's a choice you can't really go wrong with.

my rankings of all heroes:
    https://tinyurl.com/ya5xsfu7

• ChufmoneyChufmoney Bay Area, CAPosts: 13 Staff

What in particular makes you feel he needs a buff? Be exacting.

@Deksam said:

@Chufmoney said:

@Jenaric said:

• deathraddeathrad Posts: 405 Amazing

@Chufmoney said:

@Deksam said:

@Chufmoney said:

@Jenaric said:

massive spirit cost reductions on both would be nice

Your friendly neighbourhood Devil's advocate.

PSN ID: jonny_condor

• EhpicEhpic Posts: 677 Amazing

@Chufmoney said:

@Deksam said:

@Chufmoney said:

@Jenaric said:

i can't speak for deksam but while Antman is extremely fun to play and fits his theme well his performance is left extremely lacking. Poor survivability and low damage numbers make him a rough play in cosmic content. I havn't played him alot but he just does not feel strong enough, if that makes sense, try taking him for a spin in cosmic i'm sure you'll see :)

my rankings of all heroes:
    https://tinyurl.com/ya5xsfu7