Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

Marvel Heroes Omega
Maintenance is complete and the Marvel Heroes Omega PS4 & XB1 servers are now back online. Thank you for your patience!

disappointment and referrals

TalynbladeTalynblade Posts: 72 Mighty

I played the pc version and the business model was doable and ok. Open beta, business model not good but was informed gaz would look at it. AFter huge community comments and agreement you raised the pricing. huge mistake and shame on me. let me explain

I hyped the game to friends,family and a gaming circle I play in, 20-30 deep, saying free to play, money is for cosmetics ( cause to be honest pc and closed beta was ok, not great, minimal slime business model) and must have characters now, knowing the game would hook them. AFter seeing the travesty that is a business model and how the loyal player base was treated (pc and console), I sent out a mass text telling them not to play or support the game until they respected the player base. I know you need to make money, but how you went about doing it, was terrible and exemplifies the overall gaming community. You had a chance to stand out and shine with a good product and went the lower way, the greedy way. Even with loving the gameplay and the characters I cannot in good conscience recommend this game to anyone on principle.

Thanks for clarifying the oversight of raising the general population of characters ES's and not giving that amount after tutorial. Cause that is what started the downward spiral of negativity, but still the spiral was warranted upon seeing the pricing of everything else!!

Shame on you for doing that to the people that supported you, shame on you for ruining a great game with inconsiderate and terrible business plan, shame on me for having faith in gaz and bigger shame on me for getting my family, friends and gaming community bad advice by informing them of your product.

Comments

• MercwithMouth82MercwithMouth82 Posts: 5,626 Uncanny
    edited May 19

@Talynblade said:
    I played the pc version and the business model was doable and ok. Open beta, business model not good but was informed gaz would look at it. AFter huge community comments and agreement you raised the pricing. huge mistake and shame on me. let me explain

I hyped the game to friends,family and a gaming circle I play in, 20-30 deep, saying free to play, money is for cosmetics ( cause to be honest pc and closed beta was ok, not great, minimal slime business model) and must have characters now, knowing the game would hook them. AFter seeing the travesty that is a business model and how the loyal player base was treated (pc and console), I sent out a mass text telling them not to play or support the game until they respected the player base. I know you need to make money, but how you went about doing it, was terrible and exemplifies the overall gaming community. You had a chance to stand out and shine with a good product and went the lower way, the greedy way. Even with loving the gameplay and the characters I cannot in good conscience recommend this game to anyone on principle.

Thanks for clarifying the oversight of raising the general population of characters ES's and not giving that amount after tutorial. Cause that is what started the downward spiral of negativity, but still the spiral was warranted upon seeing the pricing of everything else!!

Shame on you for doing that to the people that supported you, shame on you for ruining a great game with inconsiderate and terrible business plan, shame on me for having faith in gaz and bigger shame on me for getting my family, friends and gaming community bad advice by informing them of your product.

So much shame...

Is it still considered friendly fire if I hate you?

No capes!

https://www.youtube.com/c/mrsoandso

https://www.twitch.tv/ mrsoandso82 (remove the space please)

https://twitter.com/MrSoandso82

PSN ID: MercwithMouth82
    PS4 Community: Marvel Heroes Omega - Co-op

• MrKnightMrKnight West Coast PSTPosts: 108 Incredible

Pricing isnt that bad, only ES cost went up? by about 25%? Nova went from 200 to 250 and Moon Knight 400 to 525?
    G price is still the same? Moon Knight costs 900 G

PSN: MoonKnite114

• TalynbladeTalynblade Posts: 72 Mighty
    edited May 19

lol, thanks...made me smile, needed that!!

• BullShifterBullShifter Posts: 823 Amazing

@MercwithMouth82 said:

@Talynblade said:

lmao thank God on slow days at work I have fun gifs and vids from you and @CodexMedic to keep me entertained. You're both a treasure to this forum. Keep on gif'n on.

@BullShifter said:

@MercwithMouth82 said:

@Talynblade said:

lmao thank God on slow days at work I have fun gifs and vids from you and @CodexMedic to keep me entertained. You're both a treasure to this forum. Keep on gif'n on.

No capes!

I'd be bummed too @CodexMedic I've seen you jonesing for Spider-Gwen on a few posts and I'm sure you've posted about it more much more than I've seen, it's especially disappointing since she's on the coverart. But you can't stop posting, @MercwithMouth82 can't do it on his own and I don't have enough gifs to share with the world :tongue:

• CodexMedicCodexMedic Posts: 1,311 Astonishing

@BullShifter said:
    I'd be bummed too @CodexMedic I've seen you jonesing for Spider-Gwen on a few posts and I'm sure you've posted about it more much more than I've seen, it's especially disappointing since she's on the coverart. But you can't stop posting, @MercwithMouth82 can't do it on his own and I don't have enough gifs to share with the world :tongue:

My crying Spider-Man post got removed? Ok! Did Merc put you up to this?

Speak like a lady and fight like a savage. (Literal type not Randy)

:open_mouth: That's not good

@BullShifter said:

For sure I can't!

@CodexMedic said:

@BullShifter said:

No capes!

@MercwithMouth82 said:

@BullShifter said:

For sure I can't!

@CodexMedic said:

@BullShifter said:

I can't break up the band now I guess.

But!....

edited May 19

@CodexMedic said:

@MercwithMouth82 said:

@BullShifter said:

For sure I can't!

@CodexMedic said:

@BullShifter said:

I can't break up the band now I guess.

But!....

Nice!

No capes!

I feel like anti-Yoko Ono right now. Helping keep the band together. WIN!! Wait... what was this thread about again? I wonder if my boss is watching... Hi Mark!!

@BullShifter said:
    I feel like anti-Yoko Ono right now. Helping keep the band together. WIN!! Wait... what was this thread about again? I wonder if my boss is watching... Hi Mark!!

Oops?

• bgfarmbgfarm Posts: 298 Amazing

Your making it sound like they are one of the worst companies out there right now. I think they have found a good spot right now, whenever they get the starter es straightened out anyway. For the people who spend actual money the game nothin really changed as far as characters go. The only thing that went up with real money is storage and yea that sucks but its the only thing I see that overpriced with actual money. If you don't want to pay for characters that's fine but your gonna have to earn them by grinding alot, this is the model for most ftp games. I've seen alot worse

@bgfarm said:
    Your making it sound like they are one of the worst companies out there right now. I think they have found a good spot right now, whenever they get the starter es

straightened out anyway. For the people who spend actual money the game nothin really changed as far as characters go. The only thing that went up with real money is storage and yea that sucks but its the only thing I see that overpriced with actual money. If you don't want to pay for characters that's fine but your gonna have to earn them by grinding alot, this is the model for most ftp games. I've seen alot worse

Did you even consider all the missing Spider-Gwens? No sir I think you did not!

• TheoneraymanTheonerayman Covert Posts: 103 Incredible

I have this really really bad feeling that they are going to make Spider-gwen a loot box exclusive. And if they doing that's going to be really really crappy. I can understand making some things loot box exclusives like, if they were on PC card exclusives. But costumes I can just straight up buy on PC should be able to straight up freaking buy on consoles.

@CodexMedic said:

@bgfarm said:
    Your making it sound like they are one of the worst companies out there right now. I think they have found a good spot right now, whenever they get the starter es

straightened out anyway. For the people who spend actual money the game nothin really changed as far as characters go. The only thing that went up with real money is storage and yea that sucks but its the only thing I see that overpriced with actual money. If you don't want to pay for characters that's fine but your gonna have to earn them by grinding alot, this is the model for most ftp games. I've seen alot worse

>

Haha you got me there, actually there are two characters one the title screen that id love to see in the game. Spider-gwen has to come obviously but id like to see wasp as well she's on the cover yet not one word has been spoken about her

On a side note @CodexMedic and @MercwithMouth82....I've been goin back n readin some threads today since I still can't play yet n the gifs you all put on here have made a boring day a little more entertaining

@bgfarm said:

@CodexMedic said:

@bgfarm said:

>

Haha you got me there, actually there are two characters one the title screen that id love to see in the game. Spider-gwen has to come obviously but id like to see wasp as well she's on the cover yet not one word has been spoken about her

I have! Janet is very much on my short list. I'd be very excited to see her playable!

@bgfarm said:
    On a side note @CodexMedic and @MercwithMouth82....I've been goin back n readin some threads today since I still can't play yet n the gifs you all put on here have made a boring day a little more entertaining

• TalynbladeTalynblade Posts: 72 Mighty

bgfarm for the most part I agree with you. But on principle the whole community ranted about prices and they said they would look into it... I guess that means raise it... and give us a line about not realizing it did not escalate in closed beta. Then be sneaky and up the initial amount( 5 to 10) for inventory, only to sneak the increase g's after first purchase. Thanks for looking into it, gaz. Same with stash...

Like I said, enjoy gameplay and characters, it is the way they handled the community input, on the biggest complaint during closed beta and crappy business model. Compare prices from pc to console....

• JestuhJestuh CEO of GazallionPosts: 1,369 Astonishing

@bgfarm said:
    Your making it sound like they are one of the worst companies out there right now. I think they have found a good spot right now, whenever they get the starter es straightened out anyway. For the people who spend actual money the game nothin really changed as far as characters go. The only thing that went up with real money is storage and yea that sucks but its the only thing I see that overpriced with actual money. If you don't want to pay for characters that's fine but your gonna have to earn them by grinding alot, this is the model for most ftp games. I've seen alot worse

On PC Gaz has a long history of patching to fix something that then breaks something else.
    I had hoped on console that they would have to take their time, slow down, and patch more cleanly and get it right. Hopefully going forward they will test things more to ensure there are no really huge tiny mistakes like the splinter thing.

No enhanced costume should ever be locked behind a crate, I get cool looking ones but not enhanced. It'd be a big slap in the face since it's bad enough that they can't have them as normal heroes.

• JestuhJestuh CEO of GazallionPosts: 1,369 Astonishing

@BullShifter said:
    No enhanced costume should ever be locked behind a crate, I get cool looking ones but not enhanced. It'd be a big slap in the face since it's bad enough that they can't have them as normal heroes.

If it were 2-3 costumes I could understand, but like 8+ locked behind random unlocks?

Gaz would do better with a straight up or down, buy this or don't buy it, set of options. Making people buy boxes for a chance at getting something as the SOLE way of getting it, isn't something I'm likely to support.

What happens if you get a dupe costume anyway? They aren't items anymore that you can move or possibly trade in, so does that one just disappear?

@AgentVapor perhaps you can clarify some of the details with dupes and the boxes?

@bgfarm said:

No capes!

@CodexMedic I would love to have her in this game but my guess is well have to wait til ant-man 2 from what I hear that's the way they like to do things.....

@Talynblade I do agree that they shouldn't have tried to be sneaky about it and just tell us straight but I'm looking at it like this. Its going to take awhile to grind enough gear for enough characters to need all the extra space so ill just get an upgrade here and there n wont pay it all up front. I've seen things like this in so many ftp games that I'm just kinda used to it as long as the gameplay is fun enough and keeps me engaged and playing I dont mind spending the extra couple of dollars to support it. I agree they should've went about it in a different way though.

@Jestuh I've only been playing this game for a very short time and have little knowledge of the company on the PC side of things. I've read some negative things about them but most of it seemed like ppl being salty over the BUE(which I can understand I was salty for awhile when smite did an overhaul like that)

Sorry didn't want to make three separate posts lol

• @Jestuh said:
    What happens if you get a dupe costume anyway? They aren't items anymore that you can move or possibly trade in, so does that one just disappear?

@AgentVapor perhaps you can clarify some of the details with dupes and the boxes?

In the case that you are granted a costume from a Marvelous Loot Box that you already own, you should instead receive additional Marvelous Essence to ensure that roll is not wasted. I believe it is 50 Marvelous Essence in the case of duplicate costumes.

• lovedvalovedva Posts: 492 Amazing
    edited May 19

do people really defend the increased ES price tags? This is why we cant have nice things anymore... And pls dont tell me they are fixing it with increasing the ES bonus at start. What was the point of increasing hero pricing then? They didnt want you to get the heroes you want at the start. Now they'll wait a bit while some people pay for the originally 400 es hero to play.