Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

The Marvel Heroes Omega Servers for the PlayStation 4 is back up with Patch 1.04a! Thank you for your patience and enjoy the game.

Eternity Splinters received for the Tutorial - Update

2

Comments

  • ZazaajiZazaaji PlacesPosts: 111 Incredible
    edited May 19

    So to understand this right, do people who play this weekend get 400 Splinters from the tutorial + 500 from the weekend one-time grant, 900 total? I haven't been able to login to the game yet today to check on things, hoping to tonight.

    I'm Zazaaji on almost every place I go, including my PSN name, XBL name, NiN name, and my Steam name. I'm also around a lot of fairly random forums, so chances are if you see a Zazaaji there, it's me.

    I'll be playing Marvel Heroes Omega on PS4 only, not XBONE.

  • edited May 19

    One additional note - once you collect the boxes of Eternity Splinters from your Deliveries tab, they will be sent to Supplies -> Misc section in the Inventory, and will need to be opened from there to ensure they are added to your Currency tab.

    @Zazaaji said:
    So to understand this right, do people who play this weekend get 400 Splinters from the tutorial + 500 from the weekend one-time grant, 900 total? I haven't been able to login to the game yet today.

    That's correct, the Tutorial will still award 400 Eternity Splinters in addition to this grant.

  • ZazaajiZazaaji PlacesPosts: 111 Incredible

    @AgentVapor said:
    One additional note - once you collect the boxes of Eternity Splinters from your Deliveries tab, they will be sent to Supplies -> Misc section in the Inventory, and will need to be opened from there to ensure they are added to your Currency tab.

    @Zazaaji said:
    So to understand this right, do people who play this weekend get 400 Splinters from the tutorial + 500 from the weekend one-time grant, 900 total? I haven't been able to login to the game yet today.

    That's correct, the Tutorial will still award 400 Eternity Splinters in addition to this grant.

    Thank you for posting at nearly identical time as me, and editing your post to answer my question. :)

    I'm Zazaaji on almost every place I go, including my PSN name, XBL name, NiN name, and my Steam name. I'm also around a lot of fairly random forums, so chances are if you see a Zazaaji there, it's me.

    I'll be playing Marvel Heroes Omega on PS4 only, not XBONE.

  • TapiocachopTapiocachop Posts: 38 Mighty
    edited May 19

    I appreciate the quick response and the generous solution of giving us bonus ES.

    I can't lie though, I think it's fitting karma that you guys basically tried to ninja gouge everyone with a bait and switch and instead youre forced to give out freebies.

    All of this could have been avoided. Big time.

  • CodexMedicCodexMedic Posts: 950 Amazing

    @KomoriMan said:

    Update:

    To address the Tutorial Eternity Splinter reward not being adjusted for those who are participating in Head Start currently, we will be granting everyone who logs in this weekend a one-time grant of an additional 500 Eternity Splinters. This will ensure that anyone who may have already purchased a Hero with Eternity Splinters can still unlock another Hero from the 525 Eternity Splinter tier as intended after completing the Tutorial. These Eternity Splinters will be granted via the Deliveries tab within the Inventory in-game the next time you log in, and should be live as of this writing.

    After the weekend we'll be pushing out an update that corrects the amount of Eternity Splinters awarded by the tutorial to 525 to match the Hero unlock adjustments. This should be in place before Open Beta officially begins on the 23rd.

    Thank you for your patience while we worked to resolve this issue, and enjoy Head Start!


    This is actually just an unfortunate oversight - we did not intend to have the Tutorial award less Eternity Splinters relative to the cost of Hero unlocks compared to Closed Beta.We are going to correct the amount of Eternity Splinters awarded by the Tutorial in a future update to match the adjustment in Hero unlock costs. In the meantime, we are working on a resolution for folks in the Head Start period that only received 400 Eternity Splinters from the Tutorial mission as soon as possible, so hang tight. We'll update you as soon as possible once this resolution is ready to be deployed.

    This is very sweet! Now just give me my Gwen, I'm trying to give you money silly! Seriously tho thanks!

    Speak like a lady and fight like a savage. (Literal type not Randy)

  • chaosMonkeyPoochaosMonkeyPoo Houston, TxPosts: 7 New Agent
    edited May 19

    Smart move making good on this. Not thrilled about the increase in general and definitely think it's a bad move (especially when the PC values are still the same) but the 500 splinter gift is a nice gesture. Bare minimum it earns ya'll enough good will from me to encourage buying a new costume tonight when I start.

  • JestuhJestuh CEO of GazallionPosts: 662 Amazing
    edited May 19

    @AgentVapor said:
    One additional note - once you collect the boxes of Eternity Splinters from your Deliveries tab, they will be sent to Supplies -> Misc section in the Inventory, and will need to be opened from there to ensure they are added to your Currency tab.

    @Zazaaji said:
    So to understand this right, do people who play this weekend get 400 Splinters from the tutorial + 500 from the weekend one-time grant, 900 total? I haven't been able to login to the game yet today.

    That's correct, the Tutorial will still award 400 Eternity Splinters in addition to this grant.

    Bringing this up here but Iron man is currently listed at 600 splinters not 775.

    I just purchased him to confirm and it works at 600.

    Get while the gettin's good folks!!

  • taconightpsntaconightpsn Posts: 28 Mighty

    Awesome update.

  • Spikemiva1985Spikemiva1985 Posts: 14 Mighty

    You might of not of changed the drop rate of eternity splinters but you did decrease the quantity of eternity splinters that drops. In beta I was seeing 2, 3, 4, or even 5 at a time, and even then it was a hard grind to unlock heroes. Now with only 1 eternity splinter dropping every 5 to 10 minutes, it's became and insane grind. I did recommend this game to my buddies, but seeing that the prices has increased and the splinters are extremely rare, I'm very disappointed. You have to fix this or this game is dead in the water.

  • BullShifterBullShifter Posts: 143 Incredible

    @AgentVapor

    This is the Gaz I've been supporting for years, now we'll get a nice influx of happy people before open beta. Hats off guys, seriously you rock.

  • DasShugoDasShugo Posts: 117 Incredible

    This is a great fix! I don't care much for a freebie but for people who didn't have access to other characters it is perfect way to help them after being forced to choose out of three characters.

    Your shoe is untied

  • DasShugoDasShugo Posts: 117 Incredible

    @CodexMedic said:

    @KomoriMan said:

    Update:

    To address the Tutorial Eternity Splinter reward not being adjusted for those who are participating in Head Start currently, we will be granting everyone who logs in this weekend a one-time grant of an additional 500 Eternity Splinters. This will ensure that anyone who may have already purchased a Hero with Eternity Splinters can still unlock another Hero from the 525 Eternity Splinter tier as intended after completing the Tutorial. These Eternity Splinters will be granted via the Deliveries tab within the Inventory in-game the next time you log in, and should be live as of this writing.

    After the weekend we'll be pushing out an update that corrects the amount of Eternity Splinters awarded by the tutorial to 525 to match the Hero unlock adjustments. This should be in place before Open Beta officially begins on the 23rd.

    Thank you for your patience while we worked to resolve this issue, and enjoy Head Start!


    This is actually just an unfortunate oversight - we did not intend to have the Tutorial award less Eternity Splinters relative to the cost of Hero unlocks compared to Closed Beta.We are going to correct the amount of Eternity Splinters awarded by the Tutorial in a future update to match the adjustment in Hero unlock costs. In the meantime, we are working on a resolution for folks in the Head Start period that only received 400 Eternity Splinters from the Tutorial mission as soon as possible, so hang tight. We'll update you as soon as possible once this resolution is ready to be deployed.

    This is very sweet! Now just give me my Gwen, I'm trying to give you money silly! Seriously tho thanks!

    I was wondering when I'd see your post about Gwen ;) I really thought we would get Gwen at launch

    Your shoe is untied

  • TaygaiTaygai Posts: 4 New Agent

    Great job, I'm sure there'll be hate from OBT players, but head start I guess gets some bonuses every once in awhile.

  • BitripBitrip Posts: 64 Mighty

    Woah, wasn't expecting that. Now that's some good customer service.

    The old saying, "Red skies in morning, traveler take warning," doesn't mean much when all of your mornings are red.

  • TonyBingTonyBing Posts: 348 Amazing

    @AgentVapor said:
    To address the Tutorial Eternity Splinter reward not being adjusted for those who are participating in Head Start currently, we will be granting everyone who logs in this weekend a one-time grant of an additional 500 Eternity Splinters. This will ensure that anyone who may have already purchased a Hero with Eternity Splinters can still unlock another Hero from the 525 Eternity Splinter tier as intended after completing the Tutorial. These Eternity Splinters will be granted via the Deliveries tab within the Inventory in-game the next time you log in, and should be live as of this writing.

    After the weekend we'll be pushing out an update that corrects the amount of Eternity Splinters awarded by the tutorial to 525 to match the Hero unlock adjustments. This should be in place before Open Beta officially begins on the 23rd.

    Thank you for your patience while we worked to resolve this issue, and enjoy Head Start!

    Wowsers! That is awesome! :)

    -------------------------------------- NEW TO MARVEL HEROES OMEGA? CHECKOUT MY BEGINNERS GUIDES HERE | COSTUME PREVIEWS HERE ---------------------------------------

    --------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW ME TWITTER & YOUTUBE | PSN ID: TONYBING_MHO | STEAM ID: TONYBINGGAMING -------------------------------------------------

  • Spikemiva1985Spikemiva1985 Posts: 14 Mighty

    I will admit the additional 500 eternity splinters this weekend is very appreciative, this will allow me to get Cap and his Age of Ultron costume. Hats off to you guys.

  • MercwithMouth82MercwithMouth82 Posts: 1,548 Astonishing

    Thanks a lot! Much appreciated!

    Is it still considered friendly fire if I hate you?

    No capes!

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLU-X9QYlYpDmA2PJOxQckw

    https://www.twitch.tv/mrsoandso82

    https://twitter.com/MrSoandso82

    PSN ID: MercwithMouth82
    PS4 Community: Marvel Heroes Omega - Co-op

  • caoengelcaoengel 3 doors down from HELL!!!!!!!!!Posts: 12 Mighty

    Thank you but I wished is was adress before I bouth nova was not a fan on pc and it was the better choice from the 3 first tier characters.

  • ChachyChachy Assembled My CouchPosts: 95 Mighty

    I knew this had to be an oversite and Gaz would come through for us. :smiley:

  • Irnbruaddict83Irnbruaddict83 Glasgow Posts: 120 Incredible

    Very nice way to settle any ruffled feathers.

    "Why does everyone think it's personal." - Martin Blank

  • TalynbladeTalynblade Posts: 49 Mighty

    For all the slinging crap we been doing... me especially, thank you, we do appreciate it and it is a step in right direction.

  • LeowyldLeowyld Guardian The RaccooniversePosts: 156 Incredible

    I know I already said thank you, but I want to add...

    Sorry, I got a bit negative on forums today. It wasn't completely unjustified based on what we knew at the time and I kept my tone in check (and I still don't love Marvelous Boxes).... but I should've been a bit more patient. That's a weakness of mine. I skew reactionary, at times.

    Xbox Live Gamertag = Leowyld Raccoon / Homesite of Rocket's fandom: raccoonatics.com

  • KingImp67KingImp67 Posts: 38 Mighty

    While I'm happy to see they are working on this quickly and have a plan in place, I'm bummed now that I didn't jump in sooner. I could have gotten 900 ES out of this instead of 525.

  • JestuhJestuh CEO of GazallionPosts: 662 Amazing

    @Leowyld said:
    I know I already said thank you, but I want to add...

    Sorry, I got a bit negative on forums today. It wasn't completely unjustified based on what we knew at the time and I kept my tone in check (and I still don't love Marvelous Boxes).... but I should've been a bit more patient. That's a weakness of mine. I skew reactionary, at times.

    You're one of like 15 OG forum posters from the PC that hasn't been banned yet. I'd say on the whole we're both doing quite well. ;)

  • enixbelmontenixbelmont Posts: 18 Mighty

    Its nice and makes up for it for me personally, but I still think the price hike was a mistake that will still potentially drive away customers. Seems unnecessary, to me. The fix for the starting amount is the biggest thing that needed to be fixed and I'm glad that's done, at least.

  • KlopziKlopzi Posts: 134 Incredible

    @AgentVapor said:
    To address the Tutorial Eternity Splinter reward not being adjusted for those who are participating in Head Start currently, we will be granting everyone who logs in this weekend a one-time grant of an additional 500 Eternity Splinters. This will ensure that anyone who may have already purchased a Hero with Eternity Splinters can still unlock another Hero from the 525 Eternity Splinter tier as intended after completing the Tutorial. These Eternity Splinters will be granted via the Deliveries tab within the Inventory in-game the next time you log in, and should be live as of this writing.

    Thank you! This is exactly the type of good will that I've come to appreciate from development teams in the face of unexpected issues. This is also the type of thing that gets me spending more money down the road as well. Everyone wins except my wallet, I guess. :)

    Husband. Father. Gamer. Funny Sidekick.

  • AgentYetiAgentYeti Posts: 304 Amazing

    @Jestuh said:

    @Leowyld said:
    I know I already said thank you, but I want to add...

    Sorry, I got a bit negative on forums today. It wasn't completely unjustified based on what we knew at the time and I kept my tone in check (and I still don't love Marvelous Boxes).... but I should've been a bit more patient. That's a weakness of mine. I skew reactionary, at times.

    You're one of like 15 OG forum posters from the PC that hasn't been banned yet. I'd say on the whole we're both doing quite well. ;)

    I'm still working on getting rid on you Jestuh ;)

  • BitripBitrip Posts: 64 Mighty

    @Leowyld said:
    I know I already said thank you, but I want to add...

    Sorry, I got a bit negative on forums today. It wasn't completely unjustified based on what we knew at the time and I kept my tone in check (and I still don't love Marvelous Boxes).... but I should've been a bit more patient. That's a weakness of mine. I skew reactionary, at times.

    I was negative today too. I also need to apologize. I'm a consumer, what can I say!

    The old saying, "Red skies in morning, traveler take warning," doesn't mean much when all of your mornings are red.

  • JestuhJestuh CEO of GazallionPosts: 662 Amazing
    edited May 20

    @AgentYeti said:

    @Jestuh said:

    @Leowyld said:
    I know I already said thank you, but I want to add...

    Sorry, I got a bit negative on forums today. It wasn't completely unjustified based on what we knew at the time and I kept my tone in check (and I still don't love Marvelous Boxes).... but I should've been a bit more patient. That's a weakness of mine. I skew reactionary, at times.

    You're one of like 15 OG forum posters from the PC that hasn't been banned yet. I'd say on the whole we're both doing quite well. ;)

    I'm still working on getting rid on you Jestuh ;)

    I'm pretty sure I'm on my last strike, so I'm acting like I'm at a public pool and there are kids around. No running, horseplay, cussing, swearing, loud music, nudity, alcohol, dunking, streaking, glass bottles, peeing in inappropriate places, diving in the shallow end, and I shower when I enter or leave.

    Edit - oh yeah and no jean shorts. Nothing sets off AgentFenixion faster than me in jean shorts. ;)

2
Sign In or Register to comment.