Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

Marvel Heroes Omega
The Marvel Heroes Omega PlayStation 4 servers are now back online! Thank you for your patience.
The Marvel Heroes Omega Xbox One servers are now back online! Thank you for your patience.

Eternity Splinters received for the Tutorial - Update

KomoriManKomoriMan GazillionPosts: 416 Staff
edited May 22 in ANNOUNCEMENTS - ARCHIVE

Update:

To address the Tutorial Eternity Splinter reward not being adjusted for those who are participating in Head Start currently, we will be granting everyone who logs in this weekend a one-time grant of an additional 500 Eternity Splinters. This will ensure that anyone who may have already purchased a Hero with Eternity Splinters can still unlock another Hero from the 525 Eternity Splinter tier as intended after completing the Tutorial. These Eternity Splinters will be granted via the Deliveries tab within the Inventory in-game the next time you log in, and should be live as of this writing.

After the weekend we'll be pushing out an update that corrects the amount of Eternity Splinters awarded by the tutorial to 525 to match the Hero unlock adjustments. This should be in place before Open Beta officially begins on the 23rd.

Thank you for your patience while we worked to resolve this issue, and enjoy Head Start!

This is actually just an unfortunate oversight - we did not intend to have the Tutorial award less Eternity Splinters relative to the cost of Hero unlocks compared to Closed Beta.We are going to correct the amount of Eternity Splinters awarded by the Tutorial in a future update to match the adjustment in Hero unlock costs. In the meantime, we are working on a resolution for folks in the Head Start period that only received 400 Eternity Splinters from the Tutorial mission as soon as possible, so hang tight. We'll update you as soon as possible once this resolution is ready to be deployed.

How do Redeem the 500 Eternity Splinters this weekend

1. Log in this weekend (5/19/17-5/21/17)
  2. Go to your Delivery Tab and Redeem the Eternity Splinter Boxes
  3. Go to your Inventory Tab and go to your Supply Tab
  4. Under MISC, you can open and redeem the 5 boxes of 100 Eternity Splinter boxes.

Community Manager
Twitter = Pudgyboi
Asterisk = Subject to Change
Have a Suggestion or Feedback or MH? PM me!
Follow MH on Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, Instagram, YouTube, etc.

Comments

• GoodTimesGoodTimes Posts: 15 Mighty

This makes me feel much better. For those of us in the head start who haven't logged in yet, is it advisable to wait for an update or will this be a longer process and should just start playing and wait for the fix down the road?

• LazerackLazerack Posts: 108 Incredible

@KomoriMan said:
    This is actually just an unfortunate oversight - we did not intend to have the Tutorial award less Eternity Splinters relative to the cost of Hero unlocks compared to Closed Beta.We are going to correct the amount of Eternity Splinters awarded by the Tutorial in a future update to match the adjustment in Hero unlock costs. In the meantime, we are working on a resolution for folks in the Head Start period that only received 400 Eternity Splinters from the Tutorial mission as soon as possible, so hang tight. We'll update you as soon as possible once this resolution is ready to be deployed.

While it is a slight bummer that the prices increased, this pleases me that the mismatch was in errors will be fixed. I was looking forward to starting Doctor Strange this morning but wasn't able to. Luckily I bought a couple Founder's Packs and can play them until I get enough ES for Strange.

• LaniakeaLaniakea C eh N eh D ehPosts: 4 New Agent
    edited May 19

I hate to contradict you here (...) it's not "just an unfortunate oversight" - it's a HUGE MISTAKE, but just on par for GAZ and everyone is sick of this. Stop minimizing your huge blunders, own up to them, and stop making them so often!

• WinterbioWinterbio Posts: 15 Mighty
    edited May 19

The thing that is getting me worried is "in a future update". This can be today, tomorrow, after the open beta...
    But it doesn't look like we'll be able to get the splinters for a while, thus playing in the EA is kind of pointless, since you can't play with your favorite heroes right now and will have to wait

Either way, thanks for the update. I'm only complaining because I'm eager to play this awesome game

• SlashZakuSlashZaku Posts: 15 Mighty

I've switched to my Founder character to continue leveling but thank you for the update and that it's going to be corrected.

• DoserDoser Tewkesbury, UKPosts: 1,107 Astonishing

@Laniakea said:
    I hate to contradict you here (...) it's not an "unfortunate oversight" - it's a HUGE MISTAKE, but just on par for GAZ and everyone is sick of this. Stop minimizing your huge blunders, own up to them, and stop making them so often!

They are 1 in the same... 1 is a professional description for an error... the other is a whine description from someone using that service.

It's still early access, and it's an issue they're addressing. It's not launch yet so just chill.

I'll probably main Deadpool... or Hulk... actually no I shall main Nova... or Rocket...
    This is and will be my life for the next undecided amount of time...
    YouTube: The_Doser
    PSN: The_Doser

• taconightpsntaconightpsn Posts: 132 Incredible

Thank you for updating us. Nice you guys are on top of this quickly and made an announcement. Was confused why I couldn't get the same free hero I got in beta.

• VastExpanseVastExpanse Posts: 244 Amazing

Well at least it's going to be corrected. Intentional or not.

• DubTDubT Ice skating uphillPosts: 52 Mighty

This is welcome news, thank you for sharing this @KomoriMan

• bgfarmbgfarm Posts: 298 Amazing

I had a feeling it was an oversight. Calm down people I have seen way bigger "oversights" when a game first releases in EA. Not a huge deal as long as they make it up to the ones who already missed out on the extra splinters. At least my biggest concern is taken care of, now when new players start on the open beta they will be able to use a character they know n if they get hooked they'll spend money which is good for everyone

• FahadFahad Probably at workPosts: 675 Amazing

Thank you so much :)

PS4: Fahad001
    Twitch: TheFahad

• OrrionOrrion Posts: 130 Incredible
    edited May 19

@Winterbio said:
    The thing that is getting me worried is "in a future update". This can be today, tomorrow, after the open beta...
    But it doesn't look like we'll be able to get the splinters for a while, thus playing in the EA is kind of pointless, since you can't play with your favorite heroes right now and will have to wait

Either way, thanks for the update. I'm only complaining because I'm eager to play this awesome game

Exactly my thoughts. PLaying right now during the early access phase is pointless, as you can't unlock who you want. Sure you can farm splinters while capped at level 10, but honestly, who's gonna do that? I won't.
    And those who will/need to wait for the fix might get impatient and say screw this and move on to another game.

Oversight or not, it's a blunder that might cost the game some players. I mean, blindsiding us with the ES cost change? Right during the start of EA and no warning? Like I said in another thread, this has left a sour taste in my mouth and will affect my future spending decisions.

• TapiocachopTapiocachop Posts: 60 Mighty
    edited May 19

They better ensure ppl who have finished the tutorial get their ES retroactively with the option to refund their cheapo character if they already bought it.

Useless to give someone 200 extra ES if they've already wasted some ES on a cheap char.

Not to mention, perhaps don't try to ninja gouge your customers on launch day. Really awful bait and switch.

• chaosMonkeyPoochaosMonkeyPoo Houston, TxPosts: 7 New Agent

Hopefully the update gets pushed out quickly. That puts a pretty nasty damper on us peeps in early access.

• KingImp67KingImp67 Posts: 73 Mighty

Really hope this is fixed by Tuesday as that is when I plan on finally jumping in.

• TanthalasTanthalas Posts: 649 Amazing
    edited May 19

While the ES cost increase for heroes is annoying, it's something that doesn't bother me that much and I understand the need for Gaz to make adjustments for the console version to succeed.

The initial 400 reward not being changed to match the new ES cost of heroes was something much harder to understand and I'm glad it's being changed.

Still not happy with inventory pricing though.

Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".

• Spikemiva1985Spikemiva1985 Posts: 52 Mighty

I'm really disappointed that theres no villains on early access. I was hoping to play as Juggernaut today. Been playing for an hour and only acquired 11 eternity splinters. I would have to put in a week of gameplay time to just get 1 hero, and for most of us that can barely spend an hour on here due to responsibilities, would take 3 months to acquire a hero.

• bgfarmbgfarm Posts: 298 Amazing

Maybe you can give everybody who completed the tutorial and only got 400 es enough splinters to buy a character since most people will have already purchased a cheaper character they wouldn't have got if it wasn't for this oversight. I know giving away a free character is exactly the opposite of what your trying to do with this patch, but I think this would be the best solution. If you just give people the extra 150 or so es then alot of people will be upset because they will still have to farm for a character they should've been able to get from the start, and I'm pretty sure trying to put together a system to refund the cheaper character people bought would be almost impossible to implement......sry for the wall of text formatting on my phone isn't easy lol

• DeksamDeksam Posts: 1,010 Astonishing

Glad I read this. good to know.

• YartekYartek Parts UnknownPosts: 1 New Agent

Yeah, was annoyed when I went to buy my favourite character and couldn't afford them so having to stick with my Founders Pack character for now, hope it's resolved soon.

• TonyBingTonyBing Posts: 960 Amazing

@KomoriMan I'd probably recommend that all the threads in regards to this are closed with this message as otherwise all new players will see if these threads and possibly miss the sticky.

-------------------------------------- NEW TO MARVEL HEROES OMEGA? CHECKOUT MY BEGINNERS GUIDES HERE | COSTUME PREVIEWS HERE ---------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW ME TWITTER & YOUTUBE | PSN ID: TONYBING_MHO | STEAM ID: TONYBINGGAMING -------------------------------------------------

• masterzahcmasterzahc Askani'son Concrete JunglePosts: 72 Mighty

Cmon Gaz!!!! Let's get it right!!

• MrKnightMrKnight West Coast PSTPosts: 108 Incredible

Russia hacked their prices

PSN: MoonKnite114

• willthebillwillthebill Covert CrooklynPosts: 86 Mighty

well with the updates of prices i just decided to purchase squirrel girl and just keep on trucking. I really wanted to start with Hulk...

I would love to get a refund of squirrel girl and be able to pick up Hulk instead.

• BullShifterBullShifter Posts: 616 Amazing

@MrKnight said:
    Russia hacked their prices

Putin, at it again

• BropolloCreedBropolloCreed The Chiss AscendancyPosts: 719 Amazing

This is a bad look. At least it happened during Early Access, but by the same token, the players who financially supported the game from the get-go are getting the shaft.

If this is an "unfortunate oversight" it does not speak well for future developments. Who is in charge of QA? How is that not part of the workflow review for price increases?

It's a can of worms for Gaz, but it's exactly why I have cautioned everyone to hold off on spending Gs/ES during Early Access if possible, and through Open Beta, as pricing definitely can change. Gaz has a spotty history at best when it comes to large rollouts like this, and I, personally, am not offended, angry, nor surprised. I've learned and adapted, but I've also learned patience in my advanced age. Younger gamers will not.

"#NEVERJubilee"

"#DieGambitDie"

• LeowyldLeowyld Guardian The RaccooniversePosts: 254 Amazing

@AgentVapor said:
    To address the Tutorial Eternity Splinter reward not being adjusted for those who are participating in Head Start currently, we will be granting everyone who logs in this weekend a one-time grant of an additional 500 Eternity Splinters. This will ensure that anyone who may have already purchased a Hero with Eternity Splinters can still unlock another Hero from the 525 Eternity Splinter tier as intended after completing the Tutorial. These Eternity Splinters will be granted via the Deliveries tab within the Inventory in-game the next time you log in, and should be live as of this writing.

After the weekend we'll be pushing out an update that corrects the amount of Eternity Splinters awarded by the tutorial to 525 to match the Hero unlock adjustments. This should be in place before Open Beta officially begins on the 23rd.

Thank you for your patience while we worked to resolve this issue, and enjoy Head Start!

Thank you! That means a lot! (To me, specifically)

Xbox Live Gamertag = Raccoonatic / Homesite of Rocket's fandom: raccoonatics.com