Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

Marvel Heroes Omega

Loot Boxes, No costume in every box, bug or intentional? Description suggests bug

BadmagickBadmagick CovertIt's coming from inside the housePosts: 316 Amazing

So I just bought a pack of 5 loot boxes, and only got 1 costume in the first box. The other boxes seemed to have LEGENDARY MARKS and CRAFTING MATERIALS in place of the costume for the other 4 boxes. The description for boxes says : Each Loot Box contains Exclusive costumes, AS WELL as chances to get crafting materials, flourishes, etc. So either this description needs to be updated immediately as that is misleading, or the boxes need to be fixed. One or the other needs to be updated asap.

Comments

• ItzBosshogItzBosshog Posts: 1 New Agent

Push for justice

• TheoneraymanTheonerayman Covert Posts: 108 Incredible

It's been updated

Marvelous Loot Boxes! These boxes can be purchased within the in-game store and contain a random assortment of possible items such as costumes, boosts, currencies and more! Additionally, each Marvelous Loot Box contains Marvelous Essence, a currency which can be used to directly purchase certain items found within Marvelous Loot Boxes from Moondragon in Avenger's Tower.

• JayShockblastJayShockblast ALL THE DEADPOOLS Worcester, MAPosts: 199 Incredible

@Badmagick said:
    So I just bought a pack of 5 loot boxes, and only got 1 costume in the first box. The other boxes seemed to have LEGENDARY MARKS and CRAFTING MATERIALS in place of the costume for the other 4 boxes. The description for boxes says : Each Loot Box contains Exclusive costumes, AS WELL as chances to get crafting materials, flourishes, etc. So either this description needs to be updated immediately as that is misleading, or the boxes need to be fixed. One or the other needs to be updated asap.

I got ZERO costumes in 10 boxes and not even enough to buy one. It's a scam. Don't buy them.

• LaniakeaLaniakea C eh N eh D ehPosts: 4 New Agent

This is unacceptable GAZ! Lying about your product, false advertising (even if unintentional), and not even offering a refund is criminal. You better get your stars and gaters together.

• JestuhJestuh CEO of GazallionPosts: 1,389 Astonishing

How many currency items did you get per box? When you compare that to the cost of using currency items to buy that costume outright, that's usually a good indicator of the drop rate of certain costumes.

FYI these look like fortune cards from the PC version.

And on PC, your odds of getting a costume from a fortune card were typically 1 in 100.

• BadmagickBadmagick Covert It's coming from inside the housePosts: 316 Amazing

@Theonerayman said:
    It's been updated

Marvelous Loot Boxes! These boxes can be purchased within the in-game store and contain a random assortment of possible items such as costumes, boosts, currencies and more! Additionally, each Marvelous Loot Box contains Marvelous Essence, a currency which can be used to directly purchase certain items found within Marvelous Loot Boxes from Moondragon in Avenger's Tower.

I don't know where you got that description, but that is not what is presented in game

@Jestuh said:
    How many currency items did you get per box? When you compare that to the cost of using currency items to buy that costume outright, that's usually a good indicator of the drop rate of certain costumes.

And on PC, your odds of getting a costume from a fortune card were typically 1 in 100.

i've never once had to buy 100 FC's to get a costume lol. I've never even had to use currency to get a costume I wanted. Maybe I've had insanely good and consistent RNG when buying FC, but I've always got what I wanted out fo them by buying a 36 card pack, and maybe an extra $10 pack, but I've NEVER had to buy 100 cards to get a certain costume.

@Badmagick said:

@Jestuh said:

i've never once had to buy 100 FC's to get a costume lol. I've never even had to use currency to get a costume I wanted. Maybe I've had insanely good and consistent RNG when buying FC, but I've always got what I wanted out fo them by buying a 36 card pack, and maybe an extra $10 pack, but I've NEVER had to buy 100 cards to get a certain costume.

You've been very lucky.

I used to go test it on the PTR, because they give you a bunch of G for free to buy heroes, costumes etc to bug spot for them before going live.

It was pretty much universal 100 cards to get a costume.

On on set of cards on the PC I got incredibly lucky and got two Storm costumes and two Colossus costumes and the free pet too and that was for 20 cards I think. But all the others, I got nothing but boosts.

• JayShockblastJayShockblast ALL THE DEADPOOLS Worcester, MAPosts: 199 Incredible

I've had way better luck than 1 in 100 before. I've pulled 2-3 costumes out of 72 packs. I just made a video that I don't want to upload but probably will and on my 15th box I pulled a Shotgun Iron Man, a costume I would have never bought, and one of the EIGHTEEN hidden in these boxes. I also BARELY had enough to buy the Civil War Ant Man that I actually wanted. I'll probably never get any of the others because there is no way I am spending another penny on loot boxes under this pricing scheme. $30 to get a costume I don't want and the costume I wanted and leave me feeling frustrated and angry versus just selling the costumes for $9.50 each and they would have gotten another $30 from me today instead of the money they already had.

Like I get it if they wanted to throw just variants and cards that were already in Fortune Cards in there, but one of them is the default Iceman on PC. Again, I don't mind spending money. At all. Just make me feel like it's worth it. They didn't. At all.

• DasShugoDasShugo Posts: 154 Incredible

Well my luck so far was 2 costumes out of 10 packs. One of them being black panther :)

Your shoe is untied

Now you're just rubbing it in.

LOL so they updated it to say there is a chance of getting costumes, but only for individual boxes, not the 5x pack lol

• TanthalasTanthalas Posts: 1,425 Astonishing

Gacha mechanics suck.

Going to be horrible if the Storm 90's costume lands there. :(

Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".

• LaniakeaLaniakea C eh N eh D ehPosts: 4 New Agent
    edited May 19

Hey @KomoriMan or whoever, I'm afraid you made a small oversight on your small oversight by not updating the description for the 5x loot box pack. You may want to go see whoever is overseeing these oversights, and ask them to oversee the oversights of these oversights a bit more closely. Thanks man!
    Also, in a completely unrelated topic, if anyone there wants a recommendation for a good optometrist, my brother is one, I can give you his info.

• AgentVaporAgentVapor Posts: 239

We forwarded this feedback over to our store team to ensure that the description was clear that each box has a chance to award a costume, and is not guaranteed.

• VastExpanseVastExpanse Posts: 248 Amazing

@Laniakea said:
    Hey @KomoriMan or whoever, I'm afraid you made a small oversight on your small oversight by not updating the description for the 5x loot box pack. You may want to go see whoever is overseeing these oversights, and ask them to oversee the oversights of these oversights. Thanks man!

Hahaha! That ninja edit fail!

• OrrionOrrion Posts: 130 Incredible

Oversightception? That's an awful lot of oversights.

• dethewdethew Posts: 12 Mighty

and now we know how to get symbiote spiderman........LOOT BOXES

• comicbookgeek441comicbookgeek441 Posts: 23 Mighty

@dethew said:
    and now we know how to get symbiote spiderman........LOOT BOXES

Thats what i think so to good thing i bought founders pack :D

• Jupiter67Jupiter67 Phoenix, AZ, USAPosts: 94 Mighty

@Laniakea said:
    Hey @KomoriMan or whoever, I'm afraid you made a small oversight on your small oversight by not updating the description for the 5x loot box pack. You may want to go see whoever is overseeing these oversights, and ask them to oversee the oversights of these oversights a bit more closely. Thanks man!
    Also, in a completely unrelated topic, if anyone there wants a recommendation for a good optometrist, my brother is one, I can give you his info.

What's the deal with being a complete Ketchup!?

I could be wrong. I could be right.

• SukoshiSeppenSukoshiSeppen AlbertaPosts: 136 Incredible

@AgentVapor said:
    We forwarded this feedback over to our store team to ensure that the description was clear that each box has a chance to award a costume, and is not guaranteed.

This thread said the 5x boxes didnt have a chance to get costumes? True that its only singles?

@SukoshiSeppen said:

@AgentVapor said:

This thread said the 5x boxes didnt have a chance to get costumes? True that its only singles?

All boxes have a chance to give a costume, but it's not guaranteed to. That's the clarification.

The description originally was confusing and people thought a costume was guaranteed in each box.

• SukoshiSeppenSukoshiSeppen AlbertaPosts: 136 Incredible

Ok cuz i opened alot of boxes and no costumes but only 5x

• MercwithMouth82MercwithMouth82 Posts: 7,140 Cosmic

I though about giving the 5 x marvelous loot boxes a try. Bought three of the 5 x packs. Not a single costume.

I get it. Obviously these "marvelous" boxes get people to spend more money. But 15 boxes and not s single costume, while there are already 12 marvelous costumes at release of the game.

@KomoriMan I guess you should raise the rates for costumes if you actually want people to keep on buying marvelous loot boxes.

Is it still considered friendly fire if I hate you?

No capes!

https://www.youtube.com/c/mrsoandso

https://www.twitch.tv/ mrsoandso82 (remove the space please)

https://twitter.com/MrSoandso82

PSN ID: MercwithMouth82
    PS4 Community: Marvel Heroes Omega - Co-op

• TheoneraymanTheonerayman Covert Posts: 108 Incredible

@MercwithMouth82 said:
    I though about giving the 5 x marvelous loot boxes a try. Bought three of the 5 x packs. Not a single costume.

I get it. Obviously these "marvelous" boxes get people to spend more money. But 15 boxes and not s single costume, while there are already 12 marvelous costumes at release of the game.

@KomoriMan I guess you should raise the rates for costumes if you actually want people to keep on buying marvelous loot boxes.

I agree. There are games like HOTS that I play, and they have legendary items (which would similar to costumes) I don't think i've opened more than about 10 of them without getting at least one legendary. Even if it's a duplicate I think 10-15% chance is what it needs to be (so at least on average you would get one costume every 10ish boxes)

• CaptainRayekCaptainRayek CaliforniaPosts: 37 Mighty
    edited May 21

This system must make money because it keeps showing up in games I enjoy. Too often it has left me sick to my stomach because of bad luck and wasted money.

I just don't want to deal with yet another form of disappointment in something I try to escape and do for fun.

Is it really worth the few people who spend like crazy just to get what they want vs the audience that's potentially alienated and leaves disappointed as a result?

It just so happens a couple of the primary costumes I would like/want/need (however you put it) are behind this system now...so it hits home.

Bummed.

• BannerismBannerism ChicagoPosts: 13 Mighty
    edited May 21

Is planet hulk still disabled?

• SwordieBromSwordieBrom Posts: 26 Mighty

@Laniakea said:
    This is unacceptable GAZ! Lying about your product, false advertising (even if unintentional), and not even offering a refund is criminal. You better get your stars and gaters together.

hmm i don't think they can do much about the funds, for PS there's a 2 verification system where your funds are verified by the psn store first then go through the gazillion purchase website. Best you could do is send a ticket to both gazillion and the PSN support

• UnionCity83UnionCity83 Posts: 5 New Agent

This loot boxes are a scam... don't buy them. Not worth it.