Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

Marvel Heroes Omega

CA question

DekayingsoulDekayingsoul Posts: 221 Amazing

I asked this in another post but could not get an answer other than use something I do not yet possess.@Weezking, @Damienmc90 and the other great information providers. I have 4 CAs to fill 3 slots, Generator, Pestilence, Toms and Bullseye. Generator is a given so that takes care of one slot but not sure which direction to go on the other 2.

I am running a hybrid build with M'K as my legendary. Bullseye seems like a must have but is it when at lvl 5 M'K will do a better job without the cooldown. I love the base stats I can get from Pestilence and Toms not to mention that my build is focusing on +energy damage over +throw damage. But lol are those enough to make up for the "instant kill" of bullseye? I put instant kill in quotes because I have yet to see it really do that and I have always had it equipped to him. It will kill weakened mobs no doubt but can not recall it killing any full health elite mob but I could of missed it when large groups are around.

I have been informed previously about artifacts from Weez but that was before Pestilence was an in game item, not sure if the thinking had changed. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Sorry forgot to add, I am LP toward speed, my first 100 went into movement/attack to not only speed up 52 but hoping that the increased movement will act as my defensive trait, allowing me to get in and out of danger without getting hit. Left over LPs are in BD.

Comments

• WeezkingWeezking Hells KitchenPosts: 222 Amazing

@Dekayingsoul I'm super jelly at that cosmic generator! Lol ! congrats !

As in the other 2 artifacts I would go with Pestilence and Black Toms.

Bullseye's DoC can only 1 shot grays and grays die fast enough .

Pestilence gives your Ranged powers a 27% boost and 10% extra damage to enemies you hit .
    Plus that poison cloud when it activates is helpful.

And the 20% Movement speed is soooo good to have.

Black Tom's well you already know 28.5% more damage to your energy powers is great.

With that list of artifacts that would be my choice .

Also I dont think the Att. Speed affects 52PU , I may be wrong but It's tagged as channel and channel abilities as far as I know don't benefit from Att. Spd.

But Gambit can use the Movement Speed , Movement is best capped at around 30% and Essence of Pestilence can give you up to 20% by itself.

With that in mind You can take some IP from that temperal loophole and pour it into something else like BD or a Defensive stat.

• DekayingsoulDekayingsoul Posts: 221 Amazing
    edited October 12

@Weezking said:

Pestilence gives your Ranged powers a 27% boost and 10% extra damage to enemies you hit .

Black Tom's well you already know 28.5% more damage to your energy powers is great.

Also I dont think the Att. Speed affects 52PU , I may be wrong but It's tagged as channel and channel abilities as far as I know don't benefit from Att. Spd.

But Gambit can use the Movement Speed , Movement is best capped at around 30% and Essence of Pestilence can give you up to 20% by itself.

With that in mind You can take some IP from that temperal loophole and pour it into something else like BD or a Defensive stat.

That was my thinking lol just hard to give up on Bullseye. I got lucky with the generator in Midtown, never had any luck farming the Bugle.

Is 52 a channelled skill? I am thinking it's not listed that way but without being able to check I don't want to be wrong. Having once maimed Punisher I am aware that channel are not affected by attack speed but I am thinking that 52 is not listed that way. For some reason I am thinking he has one card throw and one melee attack that are listed as channel, 52 from what I remember is not. Lol you have me wondering now, will be the first thing I do when servers are back online. If I am wrong about 52 I will take your advice and move some of them.

@Dekayingsoul said:

@Weezking said:

That was my thinking lol just hard to give up on Bullseye. I got lucky with the generator in Midtown, never had any luck farming the Bugle.

Is 52 a channelled skill? I am thinking it's not listed that way but without being able to check I don't want to be wrong. Having once maimed Punisher I am aware that channel are not affected by attack speed but I am thinking that 52 is not listed that way. For some reason I am thinking he has one card throw and one melee attack that are listed as channel, 52 from what I remember is not. Lol you have me wondering now, will be the first thing I do when servers are back online. If I am wrong about 52 I will take your advice and move some of them.

You are right my friend 52 is not tagged Channel it's tagged as Sig, Ranged, Energy & Throw .

I wasn't really sure myself so I tuned into a youtube video to check.

@Weezking said:

@Dekayingsoul said:

@Weezking said:

You are right my friend 52 is not tagged Channel it's tagged as Sig, Ranged, Energy & Throw .

I wasn't really sure myself so I tuned into a youtube video to check.

That what I was thinking, lol I would of checked that before I went down this LP road but I have overlooked things before...

His signature is a liability,to me, because it does not give immunity during casting. I would die more while casting his signature than any other point during my play. That stupid white ball always spawns right on top of me and I would die before his signature was finished. That's why I decided to go the movement/attack speed route. Yes, I miss out of bigger numbers but as you have stated, staying alive to use another skill is more important.

@Dekayingsoul yeah the white orb's of death suck.

I haven't really run into that affix much but the one I always run into is that dam lightning storm that stuns you .

But I wonder if those white orbs have a pattern and a cooldown like in Diablo 3 .

D3 has a similar affix but only a certain amount of the orbs can be out at one time and once all are out on the field theres a Cooldown before they begin to spawn again after they disappear.

Once I get home from work and login im going to try and figure out those white orbs .

I want to know if they are just random or do they have a cooldown/timer between spawn or a limit on how many can be on screen at a time.

@Weezking said:
    @Dekayingsoul yeah the white orb's of death suck.

I haven't really run into that affix much but the one I always run into is that dam lightning storm that stuns you .

But I wonder if those white orbs have a pattern and a cooldown like in Diablo 3 .

D3 has a similar affix but only a certain amount of the orbs can be out at one time and once all are out on the field theres a Cooldown before they begin to spawn again after they disappear.

Once I get home from work and login im going to try and figure out those white orbs .

I want to know if they are just random or do they have a cooldown/timer between spawn or a limit on how many can be on screen at a time.

It seems like they only spawn when your stationary but that could be a placebo. I don't think they are on a timer, as they are to random for that to happen but it does look like only 1 will be out at a time.

How long they stay out seems to be random as well. Have seen then only make one circle up to 3 circles. If one spawns in the first stage of the event, for example, and you move out of range they seem to de-spawn faster but again it could be my annoyance of the environmental effects that make it appear so.

Lightning does not really bother me, the white ball, electric fence and one shot missile attacks are my top 3.

• Ash1012Ash1012 Posts: 38 Mighty
    edited October 12

@Weezking said:

Just a friendly FYI. Bullseye's Deck works on everything but bosses. I rarely have to actually "kill" yellows because they get zapped while standing on street sweeper or house of cards.

Bullseye's DoC also has a 95% to confuse Ash1012 when enemies disappear because he completely forgets about that effect.

@Ash1012 said:

@Weezking said:

Just a friendly FYI. Bullseye's Deck works on everything but bosses. I rarely have to actually "kill" yellows because they get zapped while standing on street sweeper or house of cards.

Bullseye's DoC also has a 95% to confuse Ash1012 when enemies disappear because he completely forgets about that effect.

You're right the thing is I don't bother with elites even during bounties so I never really noticed the effect and Grays just die really fast so I can't really tell if the affix proced or not .

To me personally Bullseye's DoC's is good but should not be used if you're going to rely on it's proc if it had a 100% chance then a cooldown maybe but most of the time you brought the enemie health low enough to finish him off yourself then the procc activates when not needed.

But you are right it can proc on anything that is not a boss or CC immune.

@Weezking I dropped Bullseye and replaced with CA Tom, has been a small sample size (ran 3 OPs) but the change is noticeable. Well the chance and then augmented but yellow elites are easier to handle.

On a side note, Gambit Death is outstanding, loving the new voice overs. Now just waiting for the avatar change

@Dekayingsoul said:
    @Weezking I dropped Bullseye and replaced with CA Tom, has been a small sample size (ran 3 OPs) but the change is noticeable. Well the chance and then augmented but yellow elites are easier to handle.

On a side note, Gambit Death is outstanding, loving the new voice overs. Now just waiting for the avatar change

The Death costume has been released?

Im @ work right now so can't check.

edited October 12

@Weezking said:

@Dekayingsoul said:

https://forums.marvelheroesomega.com/discussion/9842/new-spooky-loot-boxes-available-now#latest

Pic on that is not correct, his costume is black, and different shads of it. Lol white hair, glowing eyes, some pink on the torso, rest is black/dark grey on my screen at least.

@Dekayingsoul said:

@Weezking said:

@Dekayingsoul said:

https://forums.marvelheroesomega.com/discussion/9842/new-spooky-loot-boxes-available-now#latest

Lol yeah I had had checked soon after posting that im so bored at work I forgot I was on a forums were i could easily just check .

Frankencastle

Hulk and Gambit are on my get list .

I'm glad I saved ME .

@Weezking said:

@Ash1012 said:

@Weezking said:

You're right the thing is I don't bother with elites even during bounties so I never really noticed the effect and Grays just die really fast so I can't really tell if the affix proced or not .

To me personally Bullseye's DoC's is good but should not be used if you're going to rely on it's proc if it had a 100% chance then a cooldown maybe but most of the time you brought the enemie health low enough to finish him off yourself then the procc activates when not needed.

Totally understand. I only have it on Gambit because when the Defenders event was going I had points to spend and it was just so obviously good for him. I nowhere near a min/maxxer. I have bullseye deck, the generator, and mask of doom because I like my doom drones :)

I haven't had any luck coming across Black Toms and the other 1 or 2 I see mentioned a lot. Can't remember their names.

@Ash1012 said:

@Weezking said:

@Ash1012 said:

@Weezking said:

Totally understand. I only have it on Gambit because when the Defenders event was going I had points to spend and it was just so obviously good for him. I nowhere near a min/maxxer. I have bullseye deck, the generator, and mask of doom because I like my doom drones :)

I haven't had any luck coming across Black Toms and the other 1 or 2 I see mentioned a lot. Can't remember their names.

Yeah it's a good artifact and I bought it aswell from the vendor.

I'm not really a min/maxer myself I don't usually even play cookie cutter on anything .

I'm just the type that likes to find a comfortable and enjoyable way to experience a game .

Now if there was a leader board or somesort of competitive mode then I would prioritize min/max.

• Damienmc90Damienmc90 Posts: 895 Amazing

@Dekayingsoul said:
    I asked this in another post but could not get an answer other than use something I do not yet possess.@Weezking, @Damienmc90 and the other great information providers. I have 4 CAs to fill 3 slots, Generator, Pestilence, Toms and Bullseye. Generator is a given so that takes care of one slot but not sure which direction to go on the other 2.

I am running a hybrid build with M'K as my legendary. Bullseye seems like a must have but is it when at lvl 5 M'K will do a better job without the cooldown. I love the base stats I can get from Pestilence and Toms not to mention that my build is focusing on +energy damage over +throw damage. But lol are those enough to make up for the "instant kill" of bullseye? I put instant kill in quotes because I have yet to see it really do that and I have always had it equipped to him. It will kill weakened mobs no doubt but can not recall it killing any full health elite mob but I could of missed it when large groups are around.

>

From what I can tell, the instant kill with bullseye cards have a bit of a delay. You can easily hit someone after insta killing again before they actually die. A way of testing this is take a big ol yellow robot in the A.I.M. facility and slowly chuck wild cards at it. Eventually it will just die, but it won't be right when you hit it.

Also, I thought M'kraan had a 1 minute cool down for its insta kill....

• erollathakingerollathaking getting PancakesPosts: 192 Incredible

@Ash1012 said:

@Weezking said:

It confuses enemies too? I don't remember seeing that on the tooltip, Or is that only the Cosmic version?

@erollathaking said:

@Ash1012 said:

@Weezking said:

It confuses enemies too? I don't remember seeing that on the tooltip, Or is that only the Cosmic version?

Lol, no. It's a joke about it confusing me.

• hLxGambithLxGambit Posts: 758 Amazing

@Dekayingsoul said:

I have been informed previously about artifacts from Weez but that was before Pestilence was an in game item, not sure if the thinking had changed. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Sorry forgot to add, I am LP toward speed, my first 100 went into movement/attack to not only speed up 52 but hoping that the increased movement will act as my defensive trait, allowing me to get in and out of danger without getting hit. Left over LPs are in BD.

Look at my best in slot guide on forums all your questions will be answered

Natural_Gambit -Mixer Stream Channel
    Volume Control Gaming-Youtube