Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

Marvel Heroes Omega

Community Q&A

edited October 11 in GENERAL DISCUSSION

Hi Everyone,

Here are the questions and answers that were planned for the CEO and EP live stream. Our Executive Producer @Orren is answering these, but everyone including our CEO touched on the PC licensing question, something that was not ignored or taken lightly. This isn't the end of the burning questions, and we'll be sure to be gathering more here to answer. Really want to thank you all for your patience!

Is the PC License Extended Beyond 2019? We were told console is, so wondering about PC. What is the future of the PC? Should I stop buying things now that I know you are working on a new game that will turn this lead platform even more abandoned? How can I trust that the game will still be active next year?

We’re not going to comment on licensing news getting out in the past, but it’s our company policy, like many companies, to not divulge licensing details. That doesn’t mean it’s a good or bad thing for us either way. It simply means we don’t talk about internal contracts. What we can tell you is that we’re absolutely committed here at Gazillion and are working hard on PC updates as we speak, starting with the Omega patch that's still slated to release by Nov 23. The vision remains to unify the platforms in November and to move forward with aggressive support on all 3 platforms.

Is Omega Prestige system going to be adjusted? Some player feedback has been that players basically want to keep their high level gear and abilities while grinding Omega Prestige.

First off, the benefits for increased Omega Prestige ranks were overtuned and are being completely revised. The additional levels of prestiging past Omega 1 are supposed to be completely optional - they were envisioned as an answer to the small but noticeable group of fans who have for years requested “infinite prestiging.”

Secondly, although we cannot make exactly the change to gear that you are describing, we are going to introduce some new gear that is granted when you attain Omega Prestige that will scale up as you level. This gear will not be as good at level 60 as true end game gear, but it will be excellent for leveling and you won’t have to regear every few levels.

What are the plans for movement changes, and how it pertains to enemy boss mechanics? Will old movement return for PC?

Old movement isn’t coming back. We have done a lot of work on bosses and enemies. The much promised enemies blog will appear soon. I am completely conscious that this is a thing I have said before. Unfortunately some staffing changes derailed the version of the enemies blog that was in the works during this summer’s forum AMA.

Are there future plans for Danger Room?

Absolutely! Danger Room is a great mode. We really want to incorporate it properly into the main difficulty systems as well as allow endless modes and more terrain sets. This will be a big push for 2018.

What about general PC bug cleanup and quality of life updates? Also, Hero balancing to buff weak Heroes?

Such work was blocked by our need to deploy this big patch to make the games same. We’ll return to a steady velocity of this after the Omega Patch. The Omega Patch itself also has many such items in it.

Are you planning to have a rough roadmap of what’s to come with Marvel Heroes Omega? Will we get to a state where features like Omega Prestige are approached to community early?

We’re going to stick to giving specifics about what’s in the next patch with some general discussion about what’s further out. So, for example, we can say that Danger Room is going to be a big focus for us through the first half of 2018, we can’t go into details of the contents of the patches that will roll out throughout that timeline.

As for debuting features earlier in test center, yes, that is definitely a goal. Deploying the Omega patch to PC is the first step on this path. There isn’t an equivalent console-only test center, so that was not an option with Omega Prestige.

How much of Gazillion's manpower is going into the new game you're working on? Are you hiring new staff to work on that while maintaining MHO at current levels going forward, or is there going to be drop-off from MHO as you work on that title?

There is a small and completely separate team at Gazillion working on new projects. This is absolutely separate and not a shared resource, and would not affect the future development of Marvel Heroes Omega.

Can we speed up the release of characters and their costumes from PC to Console? Will the current hero release/port over speed remain the same?

The current velocity (about one per month) is unlikely to change. In addition to the console port of PC heroes we have Omegas, Costumes (some now with powers!), and entirely new heroes that the character team works on, so expect this pace to continue for a while. There is a notable exception - in December we’ll have a pack of 4 villains available.

Have you thought about setting up a public bug tracker of some kind to help the community get visibility on what’s being fixed? We are particularly concerned with some long-standing bugs that we’d like addressed.

Yes, we have talked about this internally and generally like the idea.

When will we get Raids, more end-game content, and PC-like Events?

Surtur comes soon, but ultimately we want something that’s more sustainable than Raids. We can never put out raids fast enough for the players, so we want something like the Danger Room enhancements mentioned above so that we have a more sustainable end game. We still want to support the biggest movie releases with new content, some of which will expand the end game, but those are better used as highlights and special things rather than as the only end game.

How quickly will more Heroes be available for Omega Prestige? We want to be able to Omega Prestige our favorite Hero.

Omega heroes will be releasing about 2 per month with occasional themed packs (like the Apocalypse pack) providing more.

When is PC expected to have omega prestige up and operational?

Early 2018 - probably the January patch.

There’s been a thread asking for Iron Man Extremis Visual Update. Any plans for that, or plans to look into this?

Yeah, we’re going to fix that. I think we were working on this right around console launch and it looks like it was rushed. We will have an improved version of the costume out by the end of 2017.

Is PvP going away?

The current PvP mode is going away in the Omega Patch. I mentioned in the May AMA that the mode isn’t really repairable; nor is it something that we can support. We plan to introduce a simpler, brawl-style pvp mode in 2018. This new mode is meant to be a pretty informal thing with a simple environment where you jump in for a quick battle or three. It won’t be a major part of our development.

So that means go get your pvp achievements if you want them! They will also go away with the Omega Patch.

Comments

• TitusVorenusTitusVorenus Posts: 251 Amazing
    edited October 11

Nice, thank you.

Glad to hear there is going to be some gear that scales while you level, any ETA on that gear?

Takes out some of the "drag" of having to re-level repeatedly.

• krinkykrinky East TNPosts: 44 Mighty

Will the new OP gear be reusable everytime we reset to lvl 1?

• Amacon18Amacon18 Posts: 129 Incredible

Nice changes to Op incoming sounds like. From sound of it we will get gear to level in as well and bonus the +1 each stat toned wayyyy down to make it more optional.

• EmpirikulEmpirikul Posts: 135 Incredible
    edited October 11

On the complete re-work of Omega prestige, there are folks min-maxing heroes purely for the benefits that you attain, as in the stat power. Will consideration be given to those players who otherwise would never have Omega prestiged? I for one bought the Apoc pack purely as one of my three mains is Psylocke would I have if power was not there probably not and will regret purchase if removed. Buyer loss is a real behavioural trend where capacity for loss is much less than gain.

On the rough roadmap, theme specifics at least per quarter would greatly retain interest in the game. Even if deadlines are missed it gives some solidity to the direction of travel for players. Danger room and villain pack is a good indicator but formally announcing these things with a dev blog would assist in that direction for players, folks want to know where they are going.

A schedule of bug fixes per patch would really curb the ire of a large proportion of the community.

• Matt34leo2Matt34leo2 Posts: 1,355 Astonishing

Here it comes.... :)

• Caesar217Caesar217 Posts: 143 Incredible

Okay, thanks for this first session. Regarding the questions that we still have, should we post them here, or in the other thread ?
    Because I'm still concerned about the utility of the "G" currency when it comes to hero releases.

• BropolloCreedBropolloCreed The Chiss AscendancyPosts: 1,452 Astonishing

Mags, Doom, Ultron, and either Juggy or Goblin

"#NEVERJubilee"

Level 6 Alcoholism

@BropolloCreed said:
    Mags, Doom, Ultron, and either Juggy or Goblin

One can but hope for DOOM. That's my family Christmas beggered right there. Wife will be happy...

4 villains in December sounds awsome

• @CarnuSaga and @Rpt0910 This is currently being worked on but we'll have news of where Design is going as soon as we have it.

@Cortez72 Thanks, we are looking for more value for the players for sure.

• VenomviruVenomviru Posts: 1,891 Astonishing
    edited October 11

@AgentPilot What does this mean? "First off, the benefits for increased Omega Prestige ranks were overtuned and are being completely revised. The additional levels of prestiging past Omega 1 are supposed to be completely optional"

Is the 560% bonus base damage going away? is the max benefit going to be OP1 with the 69 others for showing off?

• TitusVorenusTitusVorenus Posts: 251 Amazing

What about the OP leveling 1-10 having an XP penalty when it's not supposed to? Is that being looked into/fixed?

@xDreadWolfx said:
    So basically once again sticking with the “deal with it” mantra? No actual improvements to the way OP is being utilized? The issue is releveling 70 times while not having access to the 2 top end difficulties, being cut off from our abilties, ultimate and the gear we already spent hours and hours grinding out. That has been stated numerous times by many many players. How is it you all still are not grasping that? Are you planning on making the leveling process actually fun? Yes or no.

The way I read it was OP was never meant to be that powerful and meant to be more optional, taking away the 500+ base damage and I no longer feel I need to do it to keep up. For me this fixes the entire thing I don’t need to relevel once.

• leafburningskyleafburningsky Posts: 61 Mighty

My main concerns were end game, OP changes, and character rollout plans, and I think they were answered to a satisfactory degree considering the format. I imagine more details will come out, but I feel this was enough to restore confidence. I appreciate the acknowledgement and communication.

I am assuming from the overtuned comment that the stat bonuses are being removed or toned down. As the statement is that purely optional post OP1. We can but guess but the message indicates these will be toned down a lot like stat bonus every 5 OP levels, GUESS. Also I think we can safety say no plans for end game OP. End game is limited raids, danger room scaling (in 18), perhaps Omega difficulty being pushed past Omega 1(as mentioned before) and tie in events\operations. At least we get costumes with powers...sigh.

Without the rough roadmap its guesses, assumptions and speculation apart from what we know is coming from this post and other stuff said.

• VenomviruVenomviru Posts: 1,891 Astonishing

@Amacon18 said:

@xDreadWolfx said:
    So basically once again sticking with the “deal with it” mantra? No actual improvements to the way OP is being utilized? The issue is releveling 70 times while not having access to the 2 top end difficulties, being cut off from our abilties, ultimate and the gear we already spent hours and hours grinding out. That has been stated numerous times by many many players. How is it you all still are not grasping that? Are you planning on making the leveling process actually fun? Yes or no.

The way I read it was OP was never meant to be that powerful and meant to be more optional, taking away the 500+ base damage and I no longer feel I need to do it to keep up. For me this fixes the entire thing I don’t need to relevel once.

Just hope the people who paid for that OPness with OP get compensated. I hope its as you said as its a fix for me aswell.

• Matt34leo2Matt34leo2 Posts: 1,355 Astonishing

Was the omega essence issue looked at or was it only stacking to 40 intentional to get people to buy more inventory?

Although I have to say that I am still enjoying playing especially with the new omega sets, if OP power goes away i can focus on that, and more heroes rather than the v limited list that i had to make to focus on. Be great to see the news as it comes and i hope @AgentPilot continues to push weekly relevent communication that imparts stuff to community more and more. Doing a great job from the desert of no information before he joined.