Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

Marvel Heroes Omega

Omega armor sets

DekayingsoulDekayingsoul Posts: 259 Amazing

Just wondering if anyone is using a full set of her Cyttorak armor and if there is a noticeable benefit. With stacks only lasting 5seconds (takes about that long for her signature) is it worth it? I am running Oath of the destroyer x 4 and one cyttorak, just wondering if I should go the other route.

Comments

• WeezkingWeezking Hells KitchenPosts: 267 Amazing
    edited October 4

@Dekayingsoul We were theory crafting on another thread about the Cytorak set and how it can work with Kitty and I was really stoked for that set but found it to be underwhelming for her.

I have so far found better success using 3 pieces of Quakes dynamic gear and trying to find good or decent rolls on 2 pieces of destroyer.

Quicksand is a force power and triggers the set bonuses, an aftershock that comes 3s after activating the power for about 25K damage and a enemies receive 10% more damage.

You don't really have to channel it just snapshot it real quick. the 2nd bonus gives quicksand 20% more damage and quicksand already hits decently hard .

The 3rd gives you another aftershock 3s after the 1st one for another 25K.

If youbare using the all melee build for kitty all her skills will proc Destroyer set the best part is that her dash with the talent that gives it a DOT and +1 charge that DOT can crit and build stacks on destroyer.

Against a boss I usually just Dash into them >Quicksand ( for the aftershock and take 10% more damage ) > watch your step for another 10% more damage to enemies > dash > just a phase > Sig and whatever else just feels right to use till destroyer procks then sig again.

So far it's just testing but I'm liking the quake set over the Cytorak set.

• DekayingsoulDekayingsoul Posts: 259 Amazing

@Weezking, you are the most informative player I have had the pleasure to receive replies from. This post is absolutely spectacular add to that our Gambit chat... lol your like my guardian angel.

I currently have 3 decent Oath items, 1 Cy and 1 Rocket. What you are talking about with quicksand does sound very fun as I use quicksand often on trash mobs when running OPs so I will have to test that out.

My plan was to keep 1 Cy armor for the 25% movement bonus since I am using a movement build. I guess my next question depends on how in depth your testing went, does the aftershock outdamage the 25%. I realize that 25% is not a lot but with 5 skills benefiting from it vs one that can produce aftershock, in my head it sounds like the 25% would be more beneficial but I have not tested.

• TekynTekyn Posts: 105 Incredible
    edited October 4

@Dekayingsoul said:
    @Weezking, you are the most informative player I have had the pleasure to receive replies from. This post is absolutely spectacular add to that our Gambit chat... lol your like my guardian angel.

I currently have 3 decent Oath items, 1 Cy and 1 Rocket. What you are talking about with quicksand does sound very fun as I use quicksand often on trash mobs when running OPs so I will have to test that out.

My plan was to keep 1 Cy armor for the 25% movement bonus since I am using a movement build. I guess my next question depends on how in depth your testing went, does the aftershock outdamage the 25%. I realize that 25% is not a lot but with 5 skills benefiting from it vs one that can produce aftershock, in my head it sounds like the 25% would be more beneficial but I have not tested.

I don't know if it will answer your question, but I know the bonus for Summer's set is applied the same way as primary attribute damage. +20% base channel damage puts my Quicksand at the exact same damage as swapping a piece out (losing the +20%) for +5 int. That +25% might look tempting, but keep in mind that +3 all attributes is almost the exact same damage boost. That's 3 Omega levels.

I think "base damage" is misleading on the Omega sets because it implies that it will go in before bonuses, and that is not true. It's added on just like everything else. I think the damage % Omega set bonuses will get relatively weaker as you get higher Omega level.

Are damage procs affected by your damage bonus? I've never really looked.

@Dekayingsoul thanks man, I happen to love testing and theory crafting more than actually playing a game lol.

The Shards set undoubtedly is probably the best set for her so far, 25% damage to her sig is nice.

I mean don't get me wrong Ultimately my goal is going to be the Shards set and what ever other combination I can find that is synergisticwith each other.

But as all these random sets keep dropping I will keep trying to experiment.

@Tekyn said:

@Dekayingsoul said:

I don't know if it will answer your question, but I know the bonus for Summer's set is applied the same way as primary attribute damage. +20% base channel damage puts my Quicksand at the exact same damage as swapping a piece out (losing the +20%) for +5 int. That +25% might look tempting, but keep in mind that +3 all attributes is almost the exact same damage boost. That's 3 Omega levels.

I think "base damage" is misleading on the Omega sets because it implies that it will go in before bonuses, and that is not true. It's added on just like everything else. I think the damage % Omega set bonuses will get relatively weaker as you get higher Omega level.

I was thinking about that summers set too well atleast using 2 pieces.

I love using Quicksand and after the 100% brutal from The destroyer set I love seeing those red numbers come from Quicksand.

I was thinking maybe 1 piece of the quake set just to get the passive damage that procs every 3 seconds while using Quicksand.

2 piece of summers set for the bonus from both pieces . Piece 1 gives you 3% more damage for everypower on cooldown so a potential 18-21% more damage and piece 2 20% more damage .

And 2 piece of destroyer because I like red numbers ... lol...

edited October 4

If you have even 10 int / 10 fight that's +80% dmg. A hit for 100 now hits for 180.

If you add a 20% dmg mod to that hit, it's now got +100%. A hit for 100 now hits for 200.

You've actually only gained 11% damage. The higher your primary attributes, the less you'll notice the added % from the set bonus. Now if they actually applied to BASE damage like it says, it would be different.

If you have 10 int / 10 fight that's +80% dmg. A hit for 100 now hits for 180.

If you add a 20% BASE dmg mod to that hit, it now hits for 120 base +80%. A hit for 120 now hits for 216.

Now you've actually added 20% to your total damage, and it doesn't scale down as you gain Omega levels.

So I'm thinking procs and crit/brut are going to waaaay more useful at high Omega level.

@Weezking said:

@Tekyn said:

@Dekayingsoul said:

I was thinking about that summers set too well atleast using 2 pieces.

I love using Quicksand and after the 100% brutal from The destroyer set I love seeing those red numbers come from Quicksand.

I was thinking maybe 1 piece of the quake set just to get the passive damage that procs every 3 seconds while using Quicksand.

2 piece of summers set for the bonus from both pieces . Piece 1 gives you 3% more damage for everypower on cooldown so a potential 18-21% more damage and piece 2 20% more damage .

And 2 piece of destroyer because I like red numbers ... lol...

I have summers on Punisher and honestly I have not noticed the difference aside from my rotation had to be reevaluated. @Tekyn my question was more gears toward skills. I understand the channeling and aftershock concept but with those 2 both only working on 1 skill (the same one) wouldn't the 25% bonus (I know it's not a lot) be better served b/c ot allpies to 5 skills.

I know for sure that I will be running at least 3 items from Oath, brute damage and guarantees are to good to pass up. Working on what the last 2 in the equation would work out better. I do use Quicksand when clearing trash mobs but have never attempted on boss types due to being in striking range.

edited October 4

@Tekyn said:
    If you have even 10 int / 10 fight that's +80% dmg. A hit for 100 now hits for 180.

If you add a 20% dmg mod to that hit, it's now got +100%. A hit for 100 now hits for 200.

You've actually only gained 11% damage. The higher your primary attributes, the less you'll notice the added % from the set bonus. Now if they actually applied to BASE damage like it says, it would be different.

If you add a 20% BASE dmg mod to that hit, it now hits for 120 base +80%. A hit for 120 now hits for 216.

Now you've actually added 20% to your total damage, and it doesn't scale down as you gain Omega levels.

Cy is 25% to movement powers not base. So, and correct me if I'm wrong, if my base movement power is 4K (for easy math) then adding that 25% would bring my base to 5k. That does not mean that I will be hitting mobs harder but rather it improves my range. Like if the skill is 4K-9k damage, it will raise it to 5k-11k. And if that's the case, wouldn't it be better to apply that to 5 skills instead of adding a price of 25k to one?

edited October 4

@Dekayingsoul said:

@Tekyn said:

Cy is 25% to movement powers not base. So, and correct me if I'm wrong, if my base movement power is 4K (for easy math) then adding that 25% would bring my base to 5k. That does not mean that I will be hitting mobs harder but rather it improves my range. Like if the skill is 4K-9k damage, it will raise it to 5k-11k. And if that's the case, wouldn't it be better to apply that to 5 skills instead of adding a price of 25k to one?

What I'm saying though is that the way the damage bonuses seem to be applying from Omega sets is added with your primary attribute bonus and multiplied in one lump sum.

Chances are you're already getting ~100% damage bonus to all skills through your primary attributes. It's not 4,000 x 1.25... It's 2,000 x 2.25. 4,500. 500 extra damage.

If you jump this same example to Omega 50 (+100 primary attributes, 400% dmg bonus) that skill would hit for 2,000 x 5 without the set bonus to powers. 10,000.

Now if you add that 25% to movement powers it becomes 2,000 x 5.25. 10,500. You're still getting the same +500 damage to the end result. Now it's just a 5% increase.

The damage proc isn't going to scale any better, but it probably gives close to the same end damage. Outside of the sig I'm not sure if our base skill damage is high enough to get off an extra 20-40k from that 25% even if spamming movement.

Unless I'm missing something I still think that the sets that add crit/brut will end up being more bang for the buck. I need more sets for testing, but I actually chose today to knock out my prestige levels on Kitty. I'm not expecting her to get Omega for a while but I want it out of the way. Halfway through prestige #5...

edited October 4

@Tekyn said:

@Dekayingsoul said:

@Tekyn said:

What I'm saying though is that the way the damage bonuses seem to be applying from Omega sets is added with your primary attribute bonus and multiplied in one lump sum.

Chances are you're already getting ~100% damage bonus to all skills through your primary attributes. It's not 4,000 x 1.25... It's 2,000 x 2.25. 4,500. 500 extra damage.

If you jump this same example to Omega 50 (+100 primary attributes, 400% dmg bonus) that skill would hit for 2,000 x 5 without the set bonus to powers. 10,000.

Now if you add that 25% to movement powers it becomes 2,000 x 5.25. 10,500. You're still getting the same +500 damage to the end result. Now it's just a 5% increase.

The damage proc isn't going to scale any better, but it probably gives close to the same end damage. Outside of the sig I'm not sure if our base skill damage is high enough to get off an extra 20-40k from that 25% even if spamming movement.

Unless I'm missing something I still think that the sets that add crit/brut will end up being more bang for the buck.

You are extremely informative, thank you for breaking to down. Lol looks like a full set of Oath for me ).

If we take the signature into focus, right now my high is like 2.8mil one one hit. Adding 100% brute damage and 100% brute strike for 5sec that is crazy numbers even if my brute does not do a max hit. Event bosses have around 10mil hp with my average brute being around 1.2mil, if just that doubles..... It does require 30 melee (minimum) hits before the 5sec BS guarantee but that is easy to pick on with Quicksand.

@Dekayingsoul I decide to trash the quake set testing .

Right now im just Preparing for Kitty's Omega prestige is why I was testing other sets that can complement some of her skills or maybe just 1skill as a main.

Spider-Man, Psylocke and any other character that depends on fighting as a main Attribute will eventually obtain about a 35% crit chance just by Omega prestiging to 70. ( now I can't confirm this, there may be dimishing returns somewhere here aswell but for now +1 fight gives you .5% to crit hit. And .5x70= 35)

So it's obvious that to abuse this much crit chance potential we want to turn it into brut's as much as possible.
    I mean right now we can all agree that Oath of the Destroyer is an OP set and you really only need 2 pieces opening up 3 gear slots for another potential combo.

Now Destroyer set gets even better when you compliment it with more attack speed or multi att. Skills because of it's relatively low buff time of 5s you need to abuse it quickly.

Now for kitty she is blessed with Quicksand a very spammable move and her Dash like I mentioned on a previous comment can apply a small DOT and the DOT's can crit these 2 skills are tagged melee and together can help build up her stacks For the Destroyer set fairly quickly.

theres also another alternative her basic melee attack . This skill is affected by att. spd % and with a talent becomes movement and after it phases through an enemy the next hit is a guarantee crit.

This too can build up stacks for the destroyer set and in theory even quicker.

Besides Dormamus set and a lockheed build there really is no set that Kitty can take full advantage of all 5 pieces except for the generic ones " Destroyer, Gamora ext.. ext.."

The Shards set could of been BIS if you can abuse the +1 to movement skills.

The 25% buff to movement is the most appealing for Kitty and probably best if you decide to go with her basic melee and att speed.

What im trying to accomplish is find a way to build Destroyer stacks rapidly and abuse the Hell out of it during those 5s the buff is up.

Movement skills do not benefit from att. speed, neither does Quicksand so that kinda leaves me with her basic attack.

But thats not necessarily a bad thing because theres an artifact that boost damage " I think" when you use a spender I could swear I have seen something like this before.

Once I get home from work I will keep testing sets and skills with her but I'm really goingto make her a beast... lol!

@Weezking said:

Right now im just Preparing for Kitty's Omega prestige is why I was testing other sets that can complement some of her skills or maybe just 1skill as a main.

Spider-Man, Psylocke and any other character that depends on fighting as a main Attribute will eventually obtain about a 35% crit chance just by Omega prestiging to 70. ( now I can't confirm this, there may be dimishing returns somewhere here aswell but for now +1 fight gives you .5% to crit hit. And .5x70= 35)

So it's obvious that to abuse this much crit chance potential we want to turn it into brut's as much as possible.
    I mean right now we can all agree that Oath of the Destroyer is an OP set and you really only need 2 pieces opening up 3 gear slots for another potential combo.

Now Destroyer set gets even better when you compliment it with more attack speed or multi att. Skills because of it's relatively low buff time of 5s you need to abuse it quickly.

Now for kitty she is blessed with Quicksand a very spammable move and her Dash like I mentioned on a previous comment can apply a small DOT and the DOT's can crit these 2 skills are tagged melee and together can help build up her stacks For the Destroyer set fairly quickly.

theres also another alternative her basic melee attack . This skill is affected by att. spd % and with a talent becomes movement and after it phases through an enemy the next hit is a guarantee crit.

Besides Dormamus set and a lockheed build there really is no set that Kitty can take full advantage of all 5 pieces except for the generic ones " Destroyer, Gamora ext.. ext.."

The 25% buff to movement is the most appealing for Kitty and probably best if you decide to go with her basic melee and att speed.

What im trying to accomplish is find a way to build Destroyer stacks rapidly and abuse the Hell out of it during those 5s the buff is up.

Movement skills do not benefit from att. speed, neither does Quicksand so that kinda leaves me with her basic attack.

But thats not necessarily a bad thing because theres an artifact that boost damage " I think" when you use a spender I could swear I have seen something like this before.

Once I get home from work I will keep testing sets and skills with her but I'm really goingto make her a beast... lol!

Lol I feel she is already a beast without the armor set, could be why her movement set is so bad. I can not understand the +1 to movement abilities when we don't have any that have charges. I did notice (after the quick patch) that there was a number beside her movement skills after equipping 2 Cy armor pieces. This number was not there right after the release but showed up after they did the quick patch the next day. To my knowledge that patch was not because of her or had anything to do with her but it did get me thinking. Maybe they intend for there to be charges on her movement skills and it's just bugged right now.

From the armor sets I have tried out, Rockets does bring a lot of dps. While it is not geared toward her skills those turrents spawn often and hit for a descent amount. I have tried the Doom based armor (don't remember the name of it), armor that fires a rocket when you attack a boss and second piece summons a robot. I found that the rocket blast was not often, when running through the event I would see 2 total throughout the fight with all 4 bosses. That's 1 blast and 1 summon ever 2 boss battles, not very efficient when compared to Rockets armor.

I have also tried out so apocalypses armor with death and pestilence. I found Pestilence to be just ok, nothing special at all. Death on the other hand was a struggle (equipped this in Punisher not Kitty). The -50 base attack was very noticeable and his attacks were weak, very weak because of it. It's says that you receive a 1.5% increase after every kill. This is not accurate, I ran a few different attempts with him using this armor. Killed some trash mobs and while there was an increase it was not with every mob killed. Killed a group of 20 mobs and his base only went up 3%, then attacked a group of 3 and it went up 5%. Was very inconsistent, but with the affix nightmare that's going on it was impossible to keep those numbers rising. Lol death came early and often for a slow moving character like Punisher.

I am going to search for the dash armor set tonight, seen it earlier today but didn't keep. Will look for it again and see how that goes.

@Dekayingsoul yeah that death armor is a known glitch you get all the negatives but none of the positives prock.

Whith Kitty I went ahead and equipped her with some poorly rolled Destroyer set all my infinity points in att speed and her basic melee attack and i must say it was preetty impressive but not worth losing Quicksand over.

So far theres no real good set for her .

You can run the mark of war and switch her basic to a sword power and build up 100% damage but still not as good as her normal set up .

Personally im just hunting down an improved version of cosmic gear that drops in omega difficulty and just run maybe the 2 piece set of Rockets set just for the DPS and 1 piece of the Cytorak just for the 25% buff to movement powers.

I still feel that she can't really make good use of any other set with her current phasing build .

Destroyer is really good but I feel like Att speed is the way to go with that set and movement powers are unaffected by att speed so though it's a great affect I don't feel like Kitty can really take full advantage out of it and would just preffer to stack Brutal strike chance instead .

Now someone like Psylocke and even a melee Gambit can really take advantage of destroyer I tried it on Gambit with some att speed and man he can build up stacks fast haven't played as Wolverine but he might be able to take advantage of that set aswell.

Right now I think Kitty is just stuck without being able to take advantage of any set except maybe Dormamus fire set.

Come to think of it I have yet to try a Hybrid build with kitty might just do that and see how that feels.

Hope to see more sets come out in the future and hopefully she gets a set designed more towards her melee phasing powers.

But for now going to focus on Gambit and check out the Black bolt set and the Remys Raiments set fingers crossed that they will fix his new bug with the patch coming at the end of this month I miss my hybrid Gambit.

edited October 5

@Weezking said:
    @Dekayingsoul yeah that death armor is a known glitch you get all the negatives but none of the positives prock.

Whith Kitty I went ahead and equipped her with some poorly rolled Destroyer set all my infinity points in att speed and her basic melee attack and i must say it was preetty impressive but not worth losing Quicksand over.

So far theres no real good set for her .

You can run the mark of war and switch her basic to a sword power and build up 100% damage but still not as good as her normal set up .

Personally im just hunting down an improved version of cosmic gear that drops in omega difficulty and just run maybe the 2 piece set of Rockets set just for the DPS and 1 piece of the Cytorak just for the 25% buff to movement powers.

I still feel that she can't really make good use of any other set with her current phasing build .

Destroyer is really good but I feel like Att speed is the way to go with that set and movement powers are unaffected by att speed so though it's a great affect I don't feel like Kitty can really take full advantage out of it and would just preffer to stack Brutal strike chance instead .

Now someone like Psylocke and even a melee Gambit can really take advantage of destroyer I tried it on Gambit with some att speed and man he can build up stacks fast haven't played as Wolverine but he might be able to take advantage of that set aswell.

Right now I think Kitty is just stuck without being able to take advantage of any set except maybe Dormamus fire set.

Come to think of it I have yet to try a Hybrid build with kitty might just do that and see how that feels.

Hope to see more sets come out in the future and hopefully she gets a set designed more towards her melee phasing powers.

But for now going to focus on Gambit and check out the Black bolt set and the Remys Raiments set fingers crossed that they will fix his new bug with the patch coming at the end of this month I miss my hybrid Gambit.

I honestly have not seen huge returns from Oath, was hoping if I ran the full set getting the attacks down to 30 might be the difference maker.

This thought did come to mind. She already does well above avg damage, what about going defense minded armor. The dash armor gives 60% dodge rating and lol a lot more dashes. I have read that dodge was the worst defensive stat but never tested that out.

Lol Gambit is a beast with the armor. I am running 3 Remy's and 2 Blackagar, absolutely love it. My artifacts and skills differ from what you recommend but I am really enjoying his gameplay, will be so much better once Flush is fixed

• Damienmc90Damienmc90 Posts: 1,416 Astonishing

@Weezking said:

This is incorrect, it is a crit rating multiplier(like defense rating multiplier) it does not give 35% crit chance. Say your crit rating was at 5000, the 35% crit rating multiplier brings that up to 6750

The talent does make you phase through enemies and the next hit guaranteed crit, however it has a 2sec cool down. No matter how much attack speed you give her, it still has that 2 sec cooldown.(for the guaranteed crit)

edited October 5

@Weezking so I think I have settled on the dash armor. lol I know it does not sound exciting but here are my reasons.

Kitty has a down time/cool down issue, with no safe way to produce a constant attack my plan is to use her dash skill as one. Her talents give her an extra, sandals give her another and IPs give her a third. Equipping the armor set I get 2 more dashes, when equipping a full set I will receive a -1 sec cool down and medkit will refresh 1. That's essentially 9 dashes, now we add to those to the extra +250% damage I get from the armor plus a small crit chance and I can safly have a filler attack that keeps her out of range and should do good damage. Add to those offensive numbers the 60% dodge rating for some survivability.

Initially I went into the armor set thinking how can I take her from very good damage to over takeing Blade because I tire of hearing about him. While we were talking last night I realized, lol without all the armor I was able to one signature an omega event mob, she really does not need more damage. I just need to level her damage out so it become more consistent. Adding a filler attack, one that also fits perfectly into a movement build kept sounding like the best way to add more damage to her.

Interested to hear some thoughts on this.

@Dekayingsoul said:
    @Weezking so I think I have settled on the dash armor. lol I know it does not sound exciting but here are my reasons.

Kitty has a down time/cool down issue, with no safe way to produce a constant attack my plan is to use her dash skill as one. Her talents give her an extra, sandals give her another and IPs give her a third. Equipping the armor set I get 2 more dashes, when equipping a full set I will receive a -1 sec cool down and medkit will refresh 1. That's essentially 9 dashes, now we add to those to the extra +250% damage I get from the armor plus a small crit chance and I can safly have a filler attack that keeps her out of range and should do good damage. Add to those offensive numbers the 60% dodge rating for some survivability.

Initially I went into the armor set thinking how can I take her from very good damage to over takeing Blade because I tire of hearing about him. While we were talking last night I realized, lol without all the armor I was able to one signature an omega event mob, she really does not need more damage. I just need to level her damage out so it become more consistent. Adding a filler attack, one that also fits perfectly into a movement build kept sounding like the best way to add more damage to her.

Interested to hear some thoughts on this.

I thought the rank 5 added bonus damage to dashes at the expense of increasing the cool down? Though I suppose you don't really care with that many charges? I mean you have 6 charges and a medkit restores 3 yeah? Plus who knows how much cool down reduction you decided to give it through the time gem.

@Dekayingsoul she also has the best dash in the game being that you can go through walls with and can be used offensively .

250% damage is nice .

Going to give this set a try first I have to find the pieces .

So I finally threw on a piece of the brutal strike set (Destroyer's I think?) and tweaked to get higher crit chance and even with one piece it's day and night. I'm now planning to try for crit chance and brut damage on every slot I can. I'm not going to put on any crit dmg, and I'm not going to put on any brut chance. I'm keeping my old gear but so far it's working well.

I use the two AoE self buffing powers together, then quicksand for most of the 8sec CD on the two AoE/buffs. As soon as I see the SCREEN FULL of brutals start to proc I hit my phase buff and sig. It's a beautiful thing.

As I get more of the brutal Omega set and the buff is up more often I'll probably swap to using my +40% crit dmg abilities apart rather than at once, to make sure I always have one running when the party starts. If there was a way to see the crit stacks building you could plan ahead more.

I just started playing with the brutal set last night, so over the next few days I'll be trying to get the other pieces and pay attention to see if there's any kind of internal CD. I'm already suspecting that it treats AoE crits as one per ability tick, but I need to test it in a fresh zone because I'm also not sure if/when the crit stacks fall off between combats.

So much testing to do...but so fun.

On a related note, does anyone know how to calculate your crit chance percent? Does that rating suffer diminishing returns? If so, when do they start, and does the Infinity crit chance as a percent affect your crit rating's effect, or just add onto the finished number?

@Tekyn said:
    On a related note, does anyone know how to calculate your crit chance percent? Does that rating suffer diminishing returns? If so, when do they start, and does the Infinity crit chance as a percent affect your crit rating's effect, or just add onto the finished number?

Ohhh ohhh I know!

To calculate what you get from crit rating(same with brute strike by the way)

89R/(R+80L) R=rating and L=level(whichever is higher, yours or enemies) highest enemy level is 63(unless something changed)

So typical calculations would be

89R/(R+5040)

Also keep I'm mind that all characters have a bonus 10% crit chance. so after you figure out how much you get from rating add another flat 10%. Then add whatever else you might have(flat % from infinity, some have a flat 3% from traits, addition flat % on specific powers, additional flat % from talents)

@Tekyn said:

I just started playing with the brutal set last night, so over the next few days I'll be trying to get the other pieces and pay attention to see if there's any kind of internal CD. I'm already suspecting that it treats AoE crits as one per ability tick, but I need to test it in a fresh zone because I'm also not sure if/when the crit stacks fall off between combats.

Easiest way to test the AoE is in the training room, you have solo mob and the group to work with.

When you say crit stacks, what are you referring to? I know Oath of the Destroyer has brute stacks, is this what your talking about? Oath stacks do carry over from one batte to the other and brutes even work with your summons. Started a battle last night and the turrents from Rockets armor benefited from Oath, nothing but red numbers coming from them. As soon as I saw the first number I leaped hitting both the boss and their green catilist, both hits were brutal strikes. This could just be a coincidence but it looked like AoEs during that 5secs will land on all mobs.

There is no way to tell where you are at during the stacking process, and no notification when you hit the max required. I created a post about this topic earlier in the week and received zero replies so I doubt the will introduce something in the game to help see this.

@Damienmc90 said:

@Tekyn said:

Ohhh ohhh I know!

89R/(R+80L) R=rating and L=level(whichever is higher, yours or enemies) highest enemy level is 63(unless something changed)

89R/(R+5040)

Also keep I'm mind that all characters have a bonus 10% crit chance. so after you figure out how much you get from rating add another flat 10%. Then add whatever else you might have(flat % from infinity, some have a flat 3% from traits, addition flat % on specific powers, additional flat % from talents)

So many smart players in this game, any chance you know the relationship between fighting attributes and crit hit? 1 fighting = x amount of crit hit chance?

@Dekayingsoul said:

@Damienmc90 said:

@Tekyn said:

Ohhh ohhh I know!

89R/(R+5040)

So many smart players in this game, any chance you know the relationship between fighting attributes and crit hit? 1 fighting = x amount of crit hit chance?

It doesnt work like that. Fighting gives a crit rating multiplier(like dodge rating multiplier and defense rating multiplier)

Basically it takes your crit rating and gives some bonus crit rating on top. Say you have 100 fighting attribute. You'd get a 50% crit rating multiplier. So if you have 4000 crit rating...

Before multiplier: 4000
    After 50% multiplier: 6000

@Dekayingsoul said:

@Tekyn said:

Easiest way to test the AoE is in the training room, you have solo mob and the group to work with.

When you say crit stacks, what are you referring to? I know Oath of the Destroyer has brute stacks, is this what your talking about? Oath stacks do carry over from one batte to the other and brutes even work with your summons. Started a battle last night and the turrents from Rockets armor benefited from Oath, nothing but red numbers coming from them. As soon as I saw the first number I leaped hitting both the boss and their green catilist, both hits were brutal strikes. This could just be a coincidence but it looked like AoEs during that 5secs will land on all mobs.

There is no way to tell where you are at during the stacking process, and no notification when you hit the max required. I created a post about this topic earlier in the week and received zero replies so I doubt the will introduce something in the game to help see this.

I know that once triggered, the brutals are on EVERYTHING you do. Normally I'm using quicksand when it happens and you can't miss the ocean of red numbers. And yeah, I have the Electra summoning artifact and she hacks at mobs for 200-300k. It's kinda funny when she finishes the few mobs outside of AoE range for me.

I was referring to the stacks you get for landing critical strikes. I'm not on the game right now (or earlier) so I didn't know what to call them. I'll poke at it shortly with my crit gear off, see if I can tell how AoE crits add up.

@Damienmc90 said:

@Dekayingsoul said:

@Damienmc90 said:

@Tekyn said:

Ohhh ohhh I know!

89R/(R+5040)

It doesnt work like that. Fighting gives a crit rating multiplier(like dodge rating multiplier and defense rating multiplier)

Basically it takes your crit rating and gives some bonus crit rating on top. Say you have 100 fighting attribute. You'd get a 50% crit rating multiplier. So if you have 4000 crit rating...

I was unaware of that, lol aside from base damage they are pretty useless then. Not sure that 100 is feasible, but 20 is and that's a large number to get, 20fighting gives me a 7% multiplier, or at 4K crit hit another 400.

edited October 6

@Dekayingsoul said:

@Damienmc90 said:

@Tekyn said:

Ohhh ohhh I know!

89R/(R+5040)

Towards the bottom of this post.
    https://forums.marvelheroesomega.com/discussion/368/translating-stats

Here's some more info to expand your mind.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelheroes/comments/6p4ia7/optimizing_gear_how_stats_work_is_this_really_an/

@Dekayingsoul said:

@Damienmc90 said:

@Dekayingsoul said:

@Damienmc90 said:

@Tekyn said:

Ohhh ohhh I know!

89R/(R+5040)

I was unaware of that, lol aside from base damage they are pretty useless then. Not sure that 100 is feasible, but 20 is and that's a large number to get, 20fighting gives me a 7% multiplier, or at 4K crit hit another 400.

That would be a 10% multiplier not 7%(the 400 crit rating is right at least)

Don't worry too much about that, once she get omega prestige that can get her 70 fighting which is a 35% multiplier(plus the 5 for being level 60 and she'll have a 37.5% crit rating multiplier without any fighting on her gear)

edited October 6

Minimal testing with Oath of the Destroyer shows that each individual crit from AoEs counts for Rage stacks. You can hit the target dummy room and proc it with the one piece set bonus (goes off at 50 stacks) with only a few bursts of Quicksand.

BUT...Destroyer's Wrath (the guaranteed brutal buff) wont start until you stop channeling. This could be bad...time wasted holding the channel without the brutals kicking in...or it could be good...you KNOW it's going to start after you do the next hit after letting go of Quicksand.

As a side note, as long as you start your Quicksand before the Destroyer's Wrath wears off you can hold it for as long as you want and keep the brutals rolling... Until you stop casting or get interrupted, the skill keeps brutal striking every tick.

So, as to why it seems like it's taking too long to proc sometimes for me, apparently it's because I'm holding my Quicksand too long and not allowing the Destroyer's Wrath to start up. Seems like good news all around, honestly.

I think it would definitely be worth investing at least one slot for this set, since almost all of Kitty's attacks are AoE.

(Added thought) It might actually be better to use one Oath of the Destroyer and 4 Gamora's Garments... the 100% crit damage would roll into the brutals, meaning it would be more useful than the 100% brutal damage from Oath. You can get to ~60% crit, with Gamora's giving 1.5% per non-crit...that would partially make up for not taking the Oath set stack requirement down while getting you to 50 faster, AND adding a fair bit of damage both with and without Destroyer's Wrath going.

Or maybe even 2 Oath, 2 Gamora's, and 1 of the Quake set? Hmm...