Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

Marvel Heroes Omega

Norn Stones?

Fbraggys12Fbraggys12 MN / TX / AZPosts: 574 Amazing

Anyone fiddle with a Norn Stones, Ole' Painless, Flamethrower build yet?

I'm asking because i've capped out the Bow and want to run possibly a different legendary on him to see how much fun it could be.

Omega Prestige
Spider-Man 10, Magik 20

Prestige 6's
VENOM, Scarlet Witch, Punisher, Ant-Man, Ironfist, Angela, Captain Marvel

NEVERJUBILEE #TheAntManCan

PSN Community: Marvel Legacy

Comments

• DekayingsoulDekayingsoul Posts: 259 Amazing

Just wondering if anyone has gone this route, really thinking of switching over to norn stones myself.

• WARMACHINEROXXXXWARMACHINEROXXXX West Coast PSTPosts: 709 Amazing

I am cruising with Norn Stones through Punisher prestiges with Full Auto and then ol'Painless. it is sweet
    Tomorrow omega item set for channeled powers is going to make this epic.

Set includes + channeled powers/cost reduction/stacking buff increase with other power of CD and if used on same target it takes more damage the longer its channeled

it is sweet called "summers vision"

I AM THE BFG

• BropolloCreedBropolloCreed The Chiss AscendancyPosts: 2,072 Astonishing
    edited September 28

@WARMACHINEROXXXX said:
    I am cruising with Norn Stones through Punisher prestiges with Full Auto and then ol'Painless. it is sweet
    Tomorrow omega item set for channeled powers is going to make this epic.

Set includes + channeled powers/cost reduction/stacking buff increase with other power of CD and if used on same target it takes more damage the longer its channeled

it is sweet called "summers vision"

I wonder how that would play with the explosives build I'm using right now. Basically, the only spender I have for him is Ol' Painless, everything else is an explosive or "charge-unit" skill, like 'nades, RPG, and Magnum. I open the rotation with all the charges, and then spam OP until everything dies or I need to reload.

Very interesting indeed.

Edit: Getting to Omega Difficulty first, then trying this out so I can power level the Legendary with the higher XP bonus (400% at Omega, iirc, plus the 105% character and account XP bonuses for a total of 505%. Oh, plus the 9% on my catalyst, so, 514%). Way more than the 353% total in Cosmic (240 for Cosmic, 105 character & account, 9 on catalyst).

"#NEVERJubilee"

Level 6 Alcoholism

• Fbraggys12Fbraggys12 MN / TX / AZPosts: 574 Amazing

I'm sticking with the bow and his explosives loadout till the great omega grind happens with punisher.

Omega Prestige
    Spider-Man 10, Magik 20

Prestige 6's

• Juger85Juger85 Posts: 6 New Agent

Was also debating on changing to the summer set with norn, was torn on it getting boring. For actions used I assume its just nade, roll, davey crocket and ol painless huh. Even tho with standard punisher build and a bow my ol painless does brute for almost as much as my rockets and the constant damage resuc would be sweet

I switched over to Norm Stones today, lol on Omega difficulty it levels fast. Was thinking of building channel through legendary and armor set (if I can get some to drop) then using medallion, artifacts and gear stats to focus on explosives. Not sure if will work the way I am hoping, jack of all trades master of one type thing, or not.

@Dekayingsoul said:
    I switched over to Norm Stones today, lol on Omega difficulty it levels fast. Was thinking of building channel through legendary and armor set (if I can get some to drop) then using medallion, artifacts and gear stats to focus on explosives. Not sure if will work the way I am hoping, jack of all trades master of one type thing, or not.

If you use the Summers Gear I can see this stack for massive damage... I may be toying with this as well soon.

Omega Prestige
    Spider-Man 10, Magik 20

Prestige 6's

@Fbraggys12 said:

@Dekayingsoul said:

If you use the Summers Gear I can see this stack for massive damage... I may be toying with this as well soon.

Have yet so see any piece drop but did get a couple good Goblin items drop, think I will go that route with Norm

I want that gobby set. I have one piece and want to use it because I roll an explosive set.

Omega Prestige
    Spider-Man 10, Magik 20

Prestige 6's

edited October 2

@Fbraggys12 said:
    I want that gobby set. I have one piece and want to use it because I roll an explosive set.

Why not do both? I roll explosives as well, but use Ol' Painless as my filler while RR comes off cooldown.

It's fun, functional, and very consistent from a DPS perspective, with spikes from the DCND.

Edit: That Apocalypse Belt Legendary makes me drool. It'd be very, very nice on Punisher, regardless of his build. Like a beefier, more DPS oriented MKraan...

"#NEVERJubilee"

Level 6 Alcoholism

@Fbraggys12 said:

I switched up to flamethrower/explosives since I got those 3 Goblin items. Had a pyro Medallion/artifact sitting in the bank and I'm all good now, just need to find better stat lines on the armor. Lol got a 1k BS/1.8kCD/2.5kBD item but on an electric set, wish we could switch the armor sets...

@Dekayingsoul said:

@Fbraggys12 said:

I switched up to flamethrower/explosives since I got those 3 Goblin items. Had a pyro Medallion/artifact sitting in the bank and I'm all good now, just need to find better stat lines on the armor. Lol got a 1k BS/1.8kCD/2.5kBD item but on an electric set, wish we could switch the armor sets...

We will be able to next month: https://forums.marvelheroesomega.com/discussion/comment/91369#

"#NEVERJubilee"

Level 6 Alcoholism

edited October 3

@BropolloCreed said:

@Dekayingsoul said:

@Fbraggys12 said:

We will be able to next month: https://forums.marvelheroesomega.com/discussion/comment/91369#

I saw that post last night, lol have that item sitting in the bank until then.

@Dekayingsoul said:

@BropolloCreed said:

@Dekayingsoul said:

@Fbraggys12 said:

I'm going broke buying up inventory and stash expansions for all the gear I'm hoarding for Frank. I've got a Summers set for channeling, I'm currently leveling Norn Stones to go with it, I've got a full Goblin Set to pair with a maxed MKraan on an explosives build (which is what I use for the trial), and I'm eyeballing a Twilight/Phoenix combo as well. He's hitting for almost 2M with a Goblin set on his Sig, and I'm a bit frightened of what a Twilight/Phoenix combo could do.

"#NEVERJubilee"

Level 6 Alcoholism

@BropolloCreed said:

@Dekayingsoul said:

@BropolloCreed said:

@Dekayingsoul said:

@Fbraggys12 said:

I'm going broke buying up inventory and stash expansions for all the gear I'm hoarding for Frank. I've got a Summers set for channeling, I'm currently leveling Norn Stones to go with it, I've got a full Goblin Set to pair with a maxed MKraan on an explosives build (which is what I use for the trial), and I'm eyeballing a Twilight/Phoenix combo as well. He's hitting for almost 2M with a Goblin set on his Sig, and I'm a bit frightened of what a Twilight/Phoenix combo could do.

Lol your a lot better than me, I have actually stopped playing Frankncastle until they release the Omega armor fix and release Punishers War Journal. I did enjoy Goblin armor and have used explosives in conjunction with Norm but would like to get away from explosives on him (I like sniper shot).

@Dekayingsoul said:

@BropolloCreed said:

@Dekayingsoul said:

@BropolloCreed said:

@Dekayingsoul said:

@Fbraggys12 said:

Lol your a lot better than me, I have actually stopped playing Frankncastle until they release the Omega armor fix and release Punishers War Journal. I did enjoy Goblin armor and have used explosives in conjunction with Norm but would like to get away from explosives on him (I like sniper shot).

I run sniper shot with my build. The main purpose of the Goblin set for me is to bump up the damage on Rockets and his sig, so I still run magnum and painless in my rotation. I try not to optimize him for anything yet because I've yet to see an ideal legendary for him (and anyone telling you that Bow of Apollo is BiS is full of crap), the primary importance for me is having a healthy TTK and solid rotation in terms of timing and survivability.

Once that War Journal drops, I'll be able to start itemizing better to leverage his talents. I still think an Full Auto-Ol' Painless/Norn Stones combo is going to be the most efficient for prestiging (1-6), but I could be wrong. If we ever get the update that puts the item into the game, it'll be interesting to see how he can be leveraged for utility going forward.

"#NEVERJubilee"

Level 6 Alcoholism

• ATGluckyslayerATGluckyslayer Posts: 21 Mighty

@BropolloCreed bow is bis for ranged build

norn stones and the channels set are busteds for channelers they don't work right on any channeles powers i have been in the training room testing this and in every op run and midtown run and danger room run

i killed the dummy on cosmic before they change the ability to change the difficulty in the training room in 40 seconds with bow

no other leg comes close right now

and mkran isn't needed at all for him its a complete waste of time lol

so please unless you do real number crunching and solid testing for hours upon hours in the training room don't tell ppl what is or is not bis

also i have played this game for years on pc and the build isn't gonna vchange much from whats good there.

edited November 10

@ATGluckyslayer said:
    @BropolloCreed bow is bis for ranged build

norn stones and the channels set are busteds for channelers they don't work right on any channeles powers i have been in the training room testing this and in every op run and midtown run and danger room run

i killed the dummy on cosmic before they change the ability to change the difficulty in the training room in 40 seconds with bow

no other leg comes close right now

and mkran isn't needed at all for him its a complete waste of time lol

so please unless you do real number crunching and solid testing for hours upon hours in the training room don't tell ppl what is or is not bis

also i have played this game for years on pc and the build isn't gonna vchange much from whats good there.

Look, the dummy ttk is not an accurate reflection of a characters' in game ability.

Dummies don't hit back.

Characters that don't have built in melee defense mechanissms, like Punisher, absolutely require a degree of mitigation from the Legendary, be it via defense, deflect, dodge, or health.

The term "Best in Slot" is purely subjective in this game. Nobody is going to have perfect rolls across all their gear. Not all players have the same ability--sime of us have bodies ravaged by the effects of Alcoholism, for example. BIS is build and gear dependant, always has been, always will be.

The bow has wasted affixes, pure and simple, whereas MKraan has complete utility for every affix. The utility and versatility make it the best option for anyone not enslaved to min/maxing on an artificial benchmark, like ttk on a raid dummy.

You are also ignoring the effect infinity points have in all this.

So, despite all your testing, I can make a perfectly valid argument for MKraan. Flashing your mho bonafides as to how long you've been playing has zero value: experience means nothing if it isn't used to learn or grow. I have subordinates at work who have been there 20 years longer than I have, it doesn't mean they're better at the job by virtue of their tenure.

I'll debate this all you want, but let's try to keep it relevant to the Legendaries, and not turn it into a pissing contest.

"#NEVERJubilee"

Level 6 Alcoholism

• BoxOgloxBoxOglox Posts: 66 Mighty

Uhm i am sorry @BropolloCreed but no nee kid hired at my work will ever out perform me cause of my many years snd my exp

I am also 10+ yeats older then anyone they hire and no onr has bested me in 30 years so just stop

• BoxOgloxBoxOglox Posts: 66 Mighty

The bow doesnt have wasted affixes the procs happen all the time look dude i play with lucky everyday his punisher will poop on yours all day everyday and bis id not subjective

When we are talking about the highest best dps a hero can do bis is fact

And no u dont need any defrnsive stats

Dodge the trlegraphs unless u flat out stink

I have yet ti die alot in sny content unless the servers lagged of i was distracted by something in real life period end of story no one is having a pissing contest because lucky is probably the most knowledgable player this console cersion has ever seen

Ty and good night

Go continue with ur crap jubilee posts and ur comedy about tin foul hat crap that no one cares about

... and the award for most incoherent attempt at insulting and self adulation goes to...

Drum roll

@Boxolgox

I don’t know if English is your second, third, or fourth language, but your incoherence, lack of spell Checking, and grammar brutalizations completely detract from your over all message that you and your best friend are apparently better than everyone in MHO to include @bropollocreed

I applaud your ability to _ I have yet ti die alot in sny content unless the servers lagged of i was distracted by something in real life period end of story no one is having a pissing contest because lucky is probably the most knowledgable player this console cersion has ever seen _

I seriously believe you should get an award, and/or a vigorous open mouth kiss from “Lucky” as you refer to him in your endearing terms of affection.

I will conclude your wonderful response with this.

You are the best at this game, and you should get a trophy for that achievement. It should be a special trophy, for a special person.

Omega Prestige
    Spider-Man 10, Magik 20

Prestige 6's

@BoxOglox said:
    The bow doesnt have wasted affixes the procs happen all the time look dude i play with lucky everyday his punisher will poop on yours all day everyday and bis id not subjective

Not into the whole concept of being defecated on, but thanks for the offer, I'll take it under advisement. As far as BiS "id not subjective", it absolutely is. Shield of Perseus is the "BiS" for a defensive build. If you want to make the argument that the Bow is "BiS" for straight DPS, you'd have a compelling argument, but as it is, I stand by my assertion that the MKraan has more value to a player than the Bow.

When we are talking about the highest best dps a hero can do bis is fact

Um, what? If you're trying to say that the highest DPS is automatically BiS for any hero, I disagree. I've already explained why, but it's fully in your right to disagree.

And no u dont need any defrnsive stats
    Dodge the trlegraphs unless u flat out stink

Let me know how that works out for you. If you're wasting time dodging telegraphed attacks because you can't take the hit, you're losing uptime for DPS; you can't shoot if you're in the middle of dodging an attack. Buffing defense isn't about survivability, it's about maximizing the ability to soak up damage to keep the DPS consistent. With a high enough move speed, you can get away without having to even use a dodge attack with Punisher. That turns into another DPS skill on the hotbar, as opposed to some sissy dodge mechanic.

But please, continue to lecture me on the logic behind your reasoning, I find it fascinating.

I have yet ti die alot in sny content unless the servers lagged of i was distracted by something in real life period end of story no one is having a pissing contest because lucky is probably the most knowledgable player this console cersion has ever seen

I didn't realize little Anakin Skywalker graced the game with his presence. Are your reflexes so quick because you see things before they happen?

Ty and good night

Go continue with ur crap jubilee posts and ur comedy about tin foul hat crap that no one cares about

I agree. Any post about "#NEVERJubilee" is worthy of your eloquent "crap" designation, even my ardent rebuttals.

And without comedy, this place would be awash in the tears of the mistreated consumer base. If you need to treat what may be generously be called a "hobby" by 95% of the players as a study in mathematical theory and the seriousness it deserves, then at least attempt to use valid points of contention and not rely on ad hominem arguments or hyperbole.

Also:

"#NEVERJubilee"

Level 6 Alcoholism