Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

Marvel Heroes Omega

Star-Lord Feedback Thread

Hey folks,

This thread is specifically for any Star-Lord feedback you may want to share with the developers based on your experience during Closed Beta.

If you’re unsure what type of feedback to offer, here are some questions to think about based on your experience with this hero:

• Were there any powers that you found yourself preferring over other powers, or any powers that you disliked using? What about those powers did you find yourself liking or disliking compared to other powers?

• Were there any powers that weren’t clear or didn’t work like you expected after reading the power’s tooltip?

• Were there any powers that you felt were particularly difficult to use with the gamepad controls?

• If you have reached a high enough level to unlock Talents for this hero, were there any Talents that you found too powerful, or too weak relative to other Talents in that tier?

• While leveling and unlocking new powers, were there powers that you felt should have unlocked earlier in level progression? In the earliest levels, did you feel that you were lacking a specific type of power that made leveling that hero less fun (such as not having enough area-of-effect powers to deal with groups, not having enough single target powers to effectively fight more dangerous boss enemies, etc)?

• How did you feel about the hero’s resource usage? Were you having difficulty maintaining resources, or felt like you always had too much resource and not enough ways to use it?

These are just some ideas to consider - you’re welcome to share any kind of feedback you feel is worth telling us!

Note that if you encountered any outright bugs with this hero, please feel free to report those issues here in the Bug Report forums:

Please put [Star-Lord] at the start of your thread subject when reporting bugs for this hero specifically so it is easier for our developers to collect and assess your bug reports more quickly. You can check out our Bug Report Formatting thread for more information on the best way to report any bugs you may encounter during Closed Beta:

Thanks!

Comments

• MrKnightMrKnight West Coast PSTPosts: 108 Incredible
    edited April 26

A few suggestions

1. SL needs to have his ammo icon indicated like WM has for his current ammo slotted. itll help see what ammo is loaded currently.
      Edit: Iron Fist also has this icon for his stances
    2. I like Outlaw SL so having empty the clips/snap shot not being able to be used until level 56 with talents is annoying...really annoying. I have to spend 4 hours leveling him to enjoy the skills i like.

PSN: MoonKnite114

• scarfinoscarfino Posts: 2 New Agent

some sort of indicator showing what type of ammo is currently being used and an ammo counter. I get caught off guard mid-fight when I run out of ammo because it isn't very apparent.

• wotrickwotrick 3 fingers of scotch and 3 fingers in my ****Posts: 23 Mighty

@MrKnight said:
    A few suggestions

1. SL needs to have his ammo icon indicated like WM has for his current ammo slotted. itll help see what ammo is loaded currently.
      Edit: Iron Fist also has this icon for his stances
    2. I like Outlaw SL so having empty the clips/snap shot not being able to be used until level 56 with talents is annoying...really annoying. I have to spend 4 hours leveling him to enjoy the skills i like.

While I don't disagree with you. Lets look at it this way, pretend you didn't play on PC, with those unlocked late when you get their don't you get that, "Damn my build is really booming now" feeling?

Good point, I was so used to playing with his Thanos Imperative Costume I associated him with his kree submachine guns. Playing as Legendary/MCU costumes it doesn't make much sense if someone is not familiar with that. Its a slight inconvenience

• OtherMoonOtherMoon ChicagoPosts: 9 Mighty

I have been falling in love with this character -- and I am trying to figure out wth you are all talking about. I am currently a SL lvl 18...which is nothing, I know. Correct me if I am wrong but I think the gun indicates which ammo your using, and I thought the mana bar indicated his weapon. Could they not have an ammo count because he technically uses lasers and not bullets?

@othermoon theres 4 different ammo types, for Example if Earth is loaded there should be some indicator like War Machine has when he loads a certain type of ammo and Iron Fist also indicates his current stance with an little icon near the top of the screen. Its minor

• OtherMoonOtherMoon ChicagoPosts: 9 Mighty

Yes, I understand the ammo types, and I am pretty sure that when you look at his gun there is a color indicator for which type of ammo is being used. I haven't been able to play the past few days, but I will check when I am home from work.

Also Star Lord has 3 different guns

1. Elemental Gun
    2. Movie Guns
    3. Kree submachine guns

Weird to see him in idle mode with the 2 guns then attack with the elemental gun.
    Any chance to see the elemental gun ditched? and just roll with his standard guns?

• VahnVegaVahnVega Minnesota Posts: 12 Mighty
    edited May 1

Apparently on the PC forums, everyone is saying Starlord has pretty low damage, is that the case on PS4?

• NeccridNeccrid North DakotaPosts: 6 New Agent

As others have said; A quick HUD indication of what ammo is currently loaded would be nice!

• numtininumtini Posts: 48 Mighty

Apparently on the PC forums, everyone is saying Starlord has pretty low damage, is that the case on PS4?

I brought SL up to 55 and then did a whole bunch of characters to 10 and now I've got Angela up to 26. Well, all the other characters felt faster to 10 and Angela definitely feels easier to 26. So, it's not like I have any high level experience, but he feels really low on damage to me.

• DubTDubT Ice skating uphillPosts: 52 Mighty

@VahnVega said:

Star-Lord does excellent damage, at least the way I built him

@VahnVega said:

I cosmic'd SL on PC and mained him for a while. PC damage doesnt carry over to console due to items missing/3 artifact slots etc.
    So dont worry about damage stuff from the PC forums.
    Console will be much more balanced.
    Enjoy Star-Lord he is LEGENDARY

• ShermainiumShermainium Posts: 24 Mighty

I'm no pro PC player but after trying all of these guys in the beta I feel like I do the most damage with Star Lord. Switching 3 different elements with barrage and throwing in his ship bomb cool downs. He's very fluid, never runs out of juice, and looks awesome. 2 thumbs up

• polarbearking10polarbearking10 Almost home of the Asgardians pre-Fear ItselfPosts: 180 Incredible

I'm confused why Star Lord has no elemental tags on his elemental powers. I mean his water ammo loader power freezes and so does his cryo grenade, yet neither of them are tagged as ice powers. Also, air isn't tagged as a wind power. YET, his fire ammo loader power IS tagged as a fire power. Another one I'm scratching my head at is gravity grenade not being tagged as force and earth should probably be tagged as force as well. I feel like there is no reason not to tag these powers logically. I don't see any negatives and it could open up interesting build options. Plus it would just nice if these were consistent.

You want to share some builds or something because I can't kill anything with this guy. It just takes forever for any blues or yellows. I'm trying to do the super heroic trial and just getting obliterated because I can't get anything down fast enough.

• TheBlackPhantomTheBlackPhantom Hour away from Disney WorldPosts: 10 Mighty

I personally wish that Star Lord used two guns like he usually does in various forms of the source material. I would also prefer if his guns look like they do now in the movies, comics and promo art especially since his new default appearance is inspired by the look that uses them. More interesting design and seeing him using two guns by default just looks more satisfying and feels more true to the character. I can't really comment on the characters powers TOO much other than that since I'm still feeling him out and only have to level 8 with the character at the time of writing this. So far, he's very enjoyable and will be a go-to main for me besides Spidey and Moon Knight.

• ShermainiumShermainium Posts: 24 Mighty

@numtini said:
    You want to share some builds or something because I can't kill anything with this guy. It just takes forever for any blues or yellows. I'm trying to do the super heroic trial and just getting obliterated because I can't get anything down fast enough.

Barrage, new element, barrage, new element, barrage, new element, barrage, x2 ship bombs, element, barrage. Repeat

Wind element clears all the riff raft minions, earth hits hard on boss's, and fire is somewhere between those. Star Lord feels incredible to me. Once you get the ship strafe on auto pilot perk it's even more insane

Just going to toss in another 2 pence. I now have Kitty to 60 and the superheroic trial was easy peasy lemon squeezy. I'm going to continue to think her boyfriend needs a big push on both damage and survivability.

• DeksamDeksam Posts: 1,512 Astonishing

@MrKnight said:

@VahnVega said:

I cosmic'd SL on PC and mained him for a while. PC damage doesnt carry over to console due to items missing/3 artifact slots etc.
    So dont worry about damage stuff from the PC forums.
    Console will be much more balanced.
    Enjoy Star-Lord he is LEGENDARY

Nah it isn't that he's low damage, it's that he's low mobility. His damage is fairly consistent, but I've tried to Cosmic him on the PS4, and it's .... not possible to solo cosmic with him. I don't know how many artifact slots you get on PC but you get 3 on console. I have him spec'd out the best I can get, but there is not change... he's an interesting character to play, and overall enjoyable, but -- without some kind of run and gun abilities, he won't reach his true potential on console.

edited May 17

What are you running with @Deksam.
    Not sure what you mean by low mobility? the game is slowed down with 3 dashes(with cd). Do you use CC to freeze enemies in groups?
    Going to Outlaw grenade build he has two built in CC, cryo grenade and the immobilization (or stun)grenade. Plus a elemental blast that can freeze enemies.
    Do you have a legendary? and modified artifacts?
    Cosmic is the hardest content on ps4 currently, top gear is needed. Infinity points also come into play now anything above 50 would be needed to go into cosmic effectively.

• DeksamDeksam Posts: 1,512 Astonishing

@MrKnight said:
    What are you running with @Deksam.
    Not sure what you mean by low mobility? the game is slowed down with 3 dashes(with cd). Do you use CC to freeze enemies in groups?
    Going to Outlaw grenade build he has two built in CC, cryo grenade and the immobilization (or stun)grenade. Plus a elemental blast that can freeze enemies.
    Do you have a legendary? and modified artifacts?
    Cosmic is the hardest content on ps4 currently, top gear is needed. Infinity points also come into play now anything above 50 would be needed to go into cosmic effectively.

I've beaten cosmic with plenty of other characters, some just barely out of 60 without even 63 effective gear, but primarily Starlord is great in terms of minor enemy damage. I generally run a fire/ice ammo spec, elemental barrage, elemental blast, I use autopilot and spec some grenades as well.

Perhaps a strong grenade build would work better for the Cosmic Trial as it's more hit and run, but I don't anticipate it would do enough damage. Elemental barrage and elemental blast is traditionally where most of the damage comes from. I'd be willing to try different builds, but keep in mind that the PC and PS4 are different.

Hit and run is how I had to beat it with several characters due to lack of mobility. (mobility meaning a character like she-hulk that has very high movement powers).

@Deksam
    Gotcha, I always run the outlaw/grenade/empty the clips build. Hes hit and run even a talent reset the grenades with his dash and gains extra charges.

Maybe the new patch open beta has some tuning

• estebancestebanc Posts: 4 New Agent

Has anyone been able to beat the super heroic trial with him? I have been trying for 3 days straight now and it really seems like this character is so outclassed by other heroes when it comes to these trials. I can't get any better gear than what I'm wearing and I've tried so many different builds. I am a lvl 60 starlord stuck in heroic mode. I beat it with my lvl 53 iceman super easilly. Anyone have any tips?

• ApedreadoApedreado Posts: 2 New Agent

I was wondering why the abilities under Star Lord's powers don't have any mention of whether or not they are energy damage, making it difficult to determine which artifacts and such to use. It would be helpful.

• djblazeapounddjblazeapound Posts: 7 New Agent

Starlords synergies are not applying to any heroes I equip him to on the PS4

• skaggsskaggs Posts: 2 New Agent

Star lord is in need of a definite damage buff compared to other heroes. I have him in cosmic fully geared including a cosmic gem of the kursed. I also have a rank 5 legendary. He either needs more survivability or an increase to his damage. To be honest unless the devs want us all to play as blade or dare devil some serious balancing needs to be done. The talent for the close combat shield is ridiculous and not worth the talent point. Also the tags on ammo powers need to be fixed to reflect fire damage, energy damage, etc.

• skaggsskaggs Posts: 2 New Agent

Incendiary cluster bombs animation is horrifically slow as well.

• SamSandwichSamSandwich Posts: 1 New Agent
    edited June 19

@estebanc

I got star lord to complete the super heroic trial but just barely completed it with 25secs left although I didnt have any legendary equipped only a relic but as I compared it to some of the characters I own he is indeed in need of a damage buff.

• WayneRuinieWayneRuinie Los AngelesPosts: 20 Mighty
    edited June 21

I love Star-Lord's playstyle.

That said, he has to be the squishiest character in the game, to the point where it's kind of annoying. The guy has a cosmic cube, and he takes way more damage than anyone else. His cosmic trial was infuriating, and I've done about 10 characters at this point.

Not saying he's unusable, but he could use some tuning in the defense department, unless you want us to completely gear defense. His melee attack is awesome, and I love the idea of the damage being higher while reloading, but it's not really viable in cosmic.

That said, his damage and skills are awesome.