Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

Marvel Heroes Omega

So is she broken or working as intended?

GronkSpikeGronkSpike True BelieverThrowing People out the ClubPosts: 58 Mighty

She has a way to autokill every elite.... without Cooldown. Passing her cosmic trial is a complete joke. I killed all the bots and waited for Red Skull for a solid 15 seconds before he spawned. She will be my new character to farm shield boxes for sure.

Comments

• DeksamDeksam Posts: 1,513 Astonishing

@GronkSpike said:
    She has a way to autokill every elite.... without Cooldown. Passing her cosmic trial is a complete joke. I killed all the bots and waited for Red Skull for a solid 15 seconds before he spawned. She will be my new character to farm shield boxes for sure.

She's not broken and she's not really a great character for farming seeing as how her insta-kill doesn't really work on normal mobs, but she can make a great addition to farming teams no doubt.

It seems the new characters aren't penalized for their autokills like Punisher is. Punisher would have been super easy if his headshot talent worked. I put it in as a bug several times but they didn't bite. Also Scarlets abilities would have made hers easier too.

Whether they did this willfully or just forgot I'm not sure, but it would be great if @asros could let us know, because if these are allowed then certainly punishers should be too.

• GunnerssGunnerss Posts: 34 Mighty

@GronkSpike said:

I haven't done cosmic yet but this happened to me on heroic and super heroic. I had to wait for both bosses to spawn. Elektra is so wicked I hope she's working how intended.

• kenshyn2k10kenshyn2k10 TexasPosts: 309 Amazing

@GronkSpike said:

Excuse me have you seen the witch??????

Not on Your life.......
    Kenshyn AKA Bishop AKA 2AG (The Original Old A$$ Gamer)

I like big A$$ numbers and I can not lie
    You other brothers can't deny
    When you see those big A$$ numbers it puts a smile on your face.......

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/169029219

• FrontdackelFrontdackel Posts: 95 Mighty

@kenshyn2k10 said:

@GronkSpike said:

Seen her and done Cosmic with her.
    SW's instakill doesn't work during the trials.
    The mobs dissappear for a second and come back.

edited August 27

@Frontdackel said:

@kenshyn2k10 said:

@GronkSpike said:

Seen her and done Cosmic with her.
    SW's instakill doesn't work during the trials.
    The mobs dissappear for a second and come back.

I really had a easy time with her trial so yeah just gathering the mobs in tight circles and sig them down fast.

Punisher also has a insta kill that worked I believe head shot on reload. The witch would kill every body in a second so yeah they turned hers off.

Not on Your life.......

• GronkSpikeGronkSpike True Believer Throwing People out the ClubPosts: 58 Mighty

@kenshyn2k10 said:

@GronkSpike said:

Don't know why she was by far my hardest trial. Did Gambit and Wolverine with less attempts

edited August 27

@GronkSpike said:

@kenshyn2k10 said:

@GronkSpike said:

Don't know why she was by far my hardest trial. Did Gambit and Wolverine with less attempts

The witch is about your setup and never standing still but for a few seconds I flew around the mobs getting them in a tight circle dropping hitting them with sig iron maiden, the charm and implosion I believe rinse and repeat they take damage when they attack and hit each other for 2000% more damage what's not to love? Oh and malekith med it's kind of broken lol and the healing power lol....

Not on Your life.......

• FloodblueFloodblue PortsmouthPosts: 237 Amazing

Not played her yet but I'm not surprised that she can destroy blue and yellow mobs being a master assassin and all. I hope she is working as intended but she isn't a hero I will main.

Xbox One - Flood31
    Mains - War Machine, Iron Man, Colossus, Cyclops, Spider-Man, Captain America, Wolverine
    Always looking for a group to play with!

• JannAsheJannAshe Rogue NationPosts: 112 Incredible
    edited September 15

Yes, she is like this on PC. She has a power, that does that. But i had to do cosmic trial a few times with her. I find in the heat of battle it is easy to hit the wrong button, and get one shot. So as on PC , she is working as intended.

Rogue always Rogue.

• UrFeArZUrFeArZ Pennsylvania Posts: 36 Mighty

Angela is super easy cosmic too.

• LaynoftheWiredLaynoftheWired Posts: 15 Mighty

It's honestly very bad game design to have characters with abilities to one shot even yellow mobs, such as Elektra and Scarlet Witch. It skews the effectiveness of gear and causes some pretty big balancing issues when it comes to new tiers of difficulty like Omega.

But being as SW has been able to do it for so long now without any adjustments, I doubt this was unintended. Should it be changed and balanced? Absolutely, just as some of the other broken skills in the game should be. But there's a lot of bugs on their plate already, a very vocal community demanding changes to many core systems, and a small team with which to address it all. So it's unlikely that it will be changed.

Going forward I just hope they realize how poor of a design choice it is and stop shooting themselves in the foot by including it on other heroes.

• Raymk23Raymk23 Posts: 3 New Agent

@LaynoftheWired said:
    It's honestly very bad game design to have characters with abilities to one shot even yellow mobs, such as Elektra and Scarlet Witch. It skews the effectiveness of gear and causes some pretty big balancing issues when it comes to new tiers of difficulty like Omega.

But being as SW has been able to do it for so long now without any adjustments, I doubt this was unintended. Should it be changed and balanced? Absolutely, just as some of the other broken skills in the game should be. But there's a lot of bugs on their plate already, a very vocal community demanding changes to many core systems, and a small team with which to address it all. So it's unlikely that it will be changed.

Going forward I just hope they realize how poor of a design choice it is and stop shooting themselves in the foot by including it on other heroes.

I think it's fine because it's not really making a bid difference in the grand scheme of things. If people don't like the character's the majority of them won't use them even for farming etc. Characters eventually being able to one shot bosses are a bigger deal. Most don't give a crap about mobbs anyway.

@Raymk23 said:

@LaynoftheWired said:

I think it's fine because it's not really making a bid difference in the grand scheme of things. If people don't like the character's the majority of them won't use them even for farming etc. Characters eventually being able to one shot bosses are a bigger deal. Most don't give a crap about mobbs anyway.

People mistakenly think this because they're not seeing the bigger issue, but take this as an example... a great many people on these forums swear by TonyBing's guides as a great source of information. He even has a video that discusses a great way to level. Know what it is? It's literally recommending that you find a Scarlet Witch and follow them around, tag all the mobs before she one shots the blues and yellows. It IS broken due to how much more health these mobs have, that's a broken system and very, very poor design. Even the argument that Elektra isn't as good at AoE doesn't carry relevance since the normal mobs have such pathetically low health that her sub-par AoE can still decimate non blue/yellow mobs swiftly.

I'm not claiming that it's ruining the game, but the claim that a game solely focused on PvE doesn't need to have balance is a fallacy. The whole point of the game is, after all, to get your character stronger and stronger over time. It's a huge issue if you spend a ton of time gearing a character out, and a new level 60 can clear the new content faster because of instant kill mechanics or just general imbalance in hero strength. And when there is not only patrols, but raids and other group-focused content, people have to witness that imbalance right in front of them.

Elektra isn't the only one, she may not even be the one that needs it most. But this is one of the only games I've played in my entire life (I'm 32, for reference) that is silly enough to allow instant kill mechanics to work on mini boss type mobs. If it has a cooldown, then you could make an argument that there's some semblance of balance. But no character should be designed around a system like that in my opinion, due to the very apparent problems with balance when new content comes out. I.E. When raids hit console, how will they design it? Skills like this could make it incredibly skewed in such content for characters like Elektra and SW.

• Rj09Rj09 Posts: 171 Incredible

Well thatd the thing to y puts a guide like there are other ways to do things not only what he says. Scarlett and elektra one shotting yellows is fine it makes them unique. Every hero should have things other heroes dont i think its ridiculous to have every hero balanced the same way. I dont want every character to have A1 trash clear or extreme boss damage or one shotting capabilities and it doesnt skew anything. If people dont like scarlett and elktra they wont play them, and regardless of content go look at pc you dont see 10 man scarlett or elektra running around in the raids at all. In fact ots GOOD to have characters in the raid for specific thinga i.e. Boss killers, mob one shotters, consistent damage dealers, burst damage dealers, etc. This game does need to be balanced but this isnt hurting anyone at all literally. Im glad this game doesnt have pvp because its threads like these that will get something nerfed in pve to make it good in pvp which is basically what ruins any mmo that cant balance them separately

• Raymk23Raymk23 Posts: 3 New Agent

@LaynoftheWired said:

@Raymk23 said:

@LaynoftheWired said:

People mistakenly think this because they're not seeing the bigger issue, but take this as an example... a great many people on these forums swear by TonyBing's guides as a great source of information. He even has a video that discusses a great way to level. Know what it is? It's literally recommending that you find a Scarlet Witch and follow them around, tag all the mobs before she one shots the blues and yellows. It IS broken due to how much more health these mobs have, that's a broken system and very, very poor design. Even the argument that Elektra isn't as good at AoE doesn't carry relevance since the normal mobs have such pathetically low health that her sub-par AoE can still decimate non blue/yellow mobs swiftly.

I'm not claiming that it's ruining the game, but the claim that a game solely focused on PvE doesn't need to have balance is a fallacy. The whole point of the game is, after all, to get your character stronger and stronger over time. It's a huge issue if you spend a ton of time gearing a character out, and a new level 60 can clear the new content faster because of instant kill mechanics or just general imbalance in hero strength. And when there is not only patrols, but raids and other group-focused content, people have to witness that imbalance right in front of them.

Elektra isn't the only one, she may not even be the one that needs it most. But this is one of the only games I've played in my entire life (I'm 32, for reference) that is silly enough to allow instant kill mechanics to work on mini boss type mobs. If it has a cooldown, then you could make an argument that there's some semblance of balance. But no character should be designed around a system like that in my opinion, due to the very apparent problems with balance when new content comes out. I.E. When raids hit console, how will they design it? Skills like this could make it incredibly skewed in such content for characters like Elektra and SW.

I see your point, but I find that type of balance boring. Coming from fighting games in only in favor of balance when things are extremely broken to the point where playing to win is pointless. When fighting enemies as long as half the cast cant do it im okay with it. Im more concernef witj some character's sucking than being overpowered.

Balance is only boring if the characters are the same. In this game, they're not. And many of the systems in place allow you to power up one character by playing another. Because of that, it's VERY problematic if certain characters are so out of whack that people are essentially wasting vast amounts of time by playing the hero they want instead of the overpowered few.

The other problem is that there are multiplayer modes that you are all but required to play. When patrols are so rewarding, you really need to go there sometimes. And when you do, seeing those overpowered heroes just destroying everything exponentially faster than you really kills a lot of the fun. It also gives the impression that the devs don't care enough about the game to even attempt balancing it, which makes people not want to take the game seriously.

For a long time on PC, this game was remarkably balanced. Despite having so many characters, the TTK was actually fairly tight for just about all of them. There were no powers in the game to outright kill yellows and blues, there was nothing so out of whack. They've lost a lot of personnel since then, but they still need to find a way to get balance back in order. That includes nerfing certain skills that can't be properly balanced, it includes nerfing the few heroes that are honestly outliers in their power levels, and of course it also includes going through and buffing all the poor heroes who need that boost.