Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

Marvel Heroes Omega

Her Cosmic Trial is brutal

GronkSpikeGronkSpike True BelieverThrowing People out the ClubPosts: 58 Mighty

So after passing Gambit through cosmic trial after 3 tries I figured SW would be a breeze. right? SO WRONG! boy was I very wrong, after 5 unsuccessful trials I figured out that she is as durable as a wet paper bag, you cant see anything on the floor due to her powers being the same color as the indicators, you get hit by that dumb grenade you can't see coming from Red Skull? well you're automatically done, I never experienced that with any other character. For how powerful she is, the trial sure makes her look stupid.

Comments

  • GronkSpikeGronkSpike True Believer Throwing People out the ClubPosts: 58 Mighty

    Just noticed after another failed run, whatever DOT Red Skull puts on, I don't know how he is doing it, I usually come off a teleport and I'm on fire and instantly dead, no idea how and when he hit me, I've noticed a couple of times this happened he wasn't even on my screen.

  • Trag1cH3r0Trag1cH3r0 Posts: 10 New Agent

    Hmmm .. idk buddy I'll try to help ya out when I Can run the cosmic lol. I'm level 56 now. I have beaten the Heroic and Super Heroic very easily so far but Cosmic isn't showing up for me.

  • SrlklrSrlklr Posts: 12 Mighty

    Cosmic shows up when you hit level 60, I finally made it through cosmic with her today use unmake reality on the mechs to get rid of them quick, chaos warp to get health back and beasts from beyond with chaos rifts and hexes in between. Also turn the elites on the other enemies whenever you can.

    We're gonna have a good day

  • GronkSpikeGronkSpike True Believer Throwing People out the ClubPosts: 58 Mighty

    On my 9th attempt I was able to do it. I don't get it. The only character I was able to complete Heroic and Super Heroic at level 11 with. But her cosmic has been my hardest. I have passed Gambit, Cyclops, Hulk, Thor, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Iceman, and War machine through cosmic. But she has been by far the hardest, really weird.

  • GronkSpikeGronkSpike True Believer Throwing People out the ClubPosts: 58 Mighty

    @Srlklr said:
    Cosmic shows up when you hit level 60, I finally made it through cosmic with her today use unmake reality on the mechs to get rid of them quick, chaos warp to get health back and beasts from beyond with chaos rifts and hexes in between. Also turn the elites on the other enemies whenever you can.

    Elites weren't the issue, Red Skull was solely the problem. Even died when it was just one on one with him.

  • SrlklrSrlklr Posts: 12 Mighty

    @GronkSpike said:

    @Srlklr said:
    Cosmic shows up when you hit level 60, I finally made it through cosmic with her today use unmake reality on the mechs to get rid of them quick, chaos warp to get health back and beasts from beyond with chaos rifts and hexes in between. Also turn the elites on the other enemies whenever you can.

    Elites weren't the issue, Red Skull was solely the problem. Even died when it was just one on one with him.

    Yeah the fact he can one shot you is pretty evil once I got him one on one I moved around constantly using ravenous binding a lot

    We're gonna have a good day

  • xZHCxxZHCx Posts: 19 Mighty

    It took me several tries to get her through the cosmic after breezing through the heroic/super heroic trials. It was fairly easy for most of it until I got down to Red Skull and the last 2 mechs because I just couldn't seem to escape the lock on machine gun fire but after a few tries it finally dawned on me to use the wrecked tank or whatever towards the southern end of the map for cover so I basically threw down all my DoT skills, turned them against each other, took cover, rinsed and repeated until I was finally one on one and could finish him off.

  • WartailSSWartailSS Posts: 110 Incredible
    edited August 22

    @GronkSpike said:
    Just noticed after another failed run, whatever DOT Red Skull puts on, I don't know how he is doing it, I usually come off a teleport and I'm on fire and instantly dead, no idea how and when he hit me, I've noticed a couple of times this happened he wasn't even on my screen.

    To answer your question about the dot, it is his green flamethrower that puts the DOT on you and yes you can be hit by enemies even if you are not in the red. My biggest gripe with the game is, I am clearly not standing in the red but I still get hit by the ability, most common on the Aim drill bots and electro, Electro is really just a guessing game for me, clearly standing in between the red, but still get hit.

  • erollathakingerollathaking getting PancakesPosts: 194 Incredible

    @WartailSS said:

    @GronkSpike said:
    Just noticed after another failed run, whatever DOT Red Skull puts on, I don't know how he is doing it, I usually come off a teleport and I'm on fire and instantly dead, no idea how and when he hit me, I've noticed a couple of times this happened he wasn't even on my screen.

    To answer your question about the dot, it is his green flamethrower that puts the DOT on you and yes you can be hit by enemies even if you are not in the red. My biggest gripe with the game is, I am clearly not standing in the red but I still get hit by the ability, most common on the Aim drill bots and electro, Electro is really just a guessing game for me, clearly standing in between the red, but still get hit.

    Thank you someone else brought up those damn drillbots cause you can be behind or on the side of them and their multi hit drill attack still gets you. And yeah I've been behind Red skull when he uses hit green gun and that'll still hit me somehow.

  • erollathakingerollathaking getting PancakesPosts: 194 Incredible

    @xZHCx said:
    It took me several tries to get her through the cosmic after breezing through the heroic/super heroic trials. It was fairly easy for most of it until I got down to Red Skull and the last 2 mechs because I just couldn't seem to escape the lock on machine gun fire but after a few tries it finally dawned on me to use the wrecked tank or whatever towards the southern end of the map for cover so I basically threw down all my DoT skills, turned them against each other, took cover, rinsed and repeated until I was finally one on one and could finish him off.

    yeah if they lock on all you can do is get on the other side of that giant piece of construction equipment to hide. Anything else even Chaos Warp with the talent that makes you invulnerable they'll stay locked on until the whole time the ability is channeled and still be locked on after. and even if you have a catalyst or artifact that makes you invisible they'll still stay locked on even though they're supposed to drop aggro, I learned this the hard way with Psylocke

  • erollathakingerollathaking getting PancakesPosts: 194 Incredible

    @GronkSpike said:
    On my 9th attempt I was able to do it. I don't get it. The only character I was able to complete Heroic and Super Heroic at level 11 with. But her cosmic has been my hardest. I have passed Gambit, Cyclops, Hulk, Thor, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Iceman, and War machine through cosmic. But she has been by far the hardest, really weird.

    How'd you pass with Gambit, I can't even get his Super Heroic Trial and I'm level 60

  • erollathakingerollathaking getting PancakesPosts: 194 Incredible

    @GronkSpike said:
    Just noticed after another failed run, whatever DOT Red Skull puts on, I don't know how he is doing it, I usually come off a teleport and I'm on fire and instantly dead, no idea how and when he hit me, I've noticed a couple of times this happened he wasn't even on my screen.

    It's one of his grenades if you're in the circle (or even when your not) it'll do a crap ton of damage and then burn you to death and nothing can stop the insane damage it does

  • erollathakingerollathaking getting PancakesPosts: 194 Incredible

    Also last thing i promise lol, but Unmake Reality doesn't stun Mandarin or Red Skull like it says it should. They'll literally be right next to you and if you use it they'll keep moving/attacking

  • WartailSSWartailSS Posts: 110 Incredible

    @erollathaking said:
    Also last thing i promise lol, but Unmake Reality doesn't stun Mandarin or Red Skull like it says it should. They'll literally be right next to you and if you use it they'll keep moving/attacking

    I hesitate to say I am glad I am not the only one who gets ketchupted by the drill bots, but I know how much it sucks (feel your pain). Anyway back to topic at hand, I just passed her cosmic last night and I have to say this was the second easiest cosmic I have done.(Angela being the easiest) using her dots with unmake reality and bewilderment, used hex sphere (think it's called) as my main spender with talents that make chaos magic reduce it's cool down so I could just spam it constantly. Overall fairly easy, just have to be extra carefull with big red area damage cause she is super squishy.

  • Dec047Dec047 Posts: 94 Mighty

    Catalyst with stealth and/or shield ftw. Combine with chaos warp invulnerable talent for extra survivability.

  • GronkSpikeGronkSpike True Believer Throwing People out the ClubPosts: 58 Mighty

    @erollathaking said:

    @GronkSpike said:
    On my 9th attempt I was able to do it. I don't get it. The only character I was able to complete Heroic and Super Heroic at level 11 with. But her cosmic has been my hardest. I have passed Gambit, Cyclops, Hulk, Thor, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Iceman, and War machine through cosmic. But she has been by far the hardest, really weird.

    How'd you pass with Gambit, I can't even get his Super Heroic Trial and I'm level 60

    Unfortunately the trial scales with your level, so being level 60 at SH is like doing 2 cosmic trials. I did it with a whole lot of dodging and dashing. Go to the gambit forums and look at some of their builds, I combined a few of the power and talents some of the people there were talking about and built him the way I was most comfortable playing.

  • erollathakingerollathaking getting PancakesPosts: 194 Incredible

    @GronkSpike said:

    @erollathaking said:

    @GronkSpike said:
    On my 9th attempt I was able to do it. I don't get it. The only character I was able to complete Heroic and Super Heroic at level 11 with. But her cosmic has been my hardest. I have passed Gambit, Cyclops, Hulk, Thor, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Iceman, and War machine through cosmic. But she has been by far the hardest, really weird.

    How'd you pass with Gambit, I can't even get his Super Heroic Trial and I'm level 60

    Unfortunately the trial scales with your level, so being level 60 at SH is like doing 2 cosmic trials. I did it with a whole lot of dodging and dashing. Go to the gambit forums and look at some of their builds, I combined a few of the power and talents some of the people there were talking about and built him the way I was most comfortable playing.

    I finally beat his SH trial last night, I had to get a Cosmic catalyst that gives a Damage shield and health on hit.

  • undrtakeroneundrtakerone Posts: 191 Incredible

    I passed the Cosmic trial with Jean easily. Heard Scarlet Witch is a better version of Jean. Proceeded to fail her Cosmic 10 times so far. either I die before Killing Mandarin or time runs out 5-10 seconds before I can defeat him. Haven't even passed to Skull's phase :-(

    There is only one god and his name is Death.

    And there is only one thing we say to Death. Not today.

  • DrBubbles360DrBubbles360 Posts: 679 Amazing

    @undrtakerone said:
    I passed the Cosmic trial with Jean easily. Heard Scarlet Witch is a better version of Jean. Proceeded to fail her Cosmic 10 times so far. either I die before Killing Mandarin or time runs out 5-10 seconds before I can defeat him. Haven't even passed to Skull's phase :-(

    For me it was easy with her. The rapid healing works great. I also used the power that makes them take damage whenever they use a power (along with the talent that increases its damage)

    Boo.

  • Travy2HypeTravy2Hype Posts: 38 Mighty

    So I finally picked up Scarlet Witch, and a mate of mine who's had her since the beginning kept warning me "her Cosmic trial is brutal" but meh what's he know. Did her Cosmic trial, and oh my - definitely one of the hardest Cosmic Trials I've ever done! It seemed like a lot of her skills were bugged, granted who knows how this latest patch affected her.

    Few times I would run out of time on both stages due to lack of sufficient damage, and other times I would get one-shot from something I never saw coming. Luckily, once you pass it on her you never have to pass it again :smiley:

  • secretmedicinesecretmedicine TexasPosts: 106 Incredible

    @undrtakerone said:
    I passed the Cosmic trial with Jean easily. Heard Scarlet Witch is a better version of Jean. Proceeded to fail her Cosmic 10 times so far. either I die before Killing Mandarin or time runs out 5-10 seconds before I can defeat him. Haven't even passed to Skull's phase :-(

    Ok, here's what you do. Add her confusion to your bar. When you are in chaos innoculation or whatever its called, that confusion has no cooldown. Put all your infinity points into chaos energy to boost your chaos pool, and confuse the enemies around the boss to kill him (like angela does). trial will be easier this way.

  • FreedTMGFreedTMG Posts: 5 New Agent

    Did it on the first try with a ton of time to spare, her squishyness is nothing compared to how much she can heal with the right medallion.

  • Die4DethklokDie4Dethklok Posts: 7 New Agent

    Alright i gotta ask guys,i just tried doing her trails and her "unmake reality" and chaos rift arent working! Did that happen to you guus as well ? It makes no sense that i cant insta-kill with my signature on trash mobs. Basically makes the toon completely useless if she doesn't insta-kill and none of it is worth it. Is this just bugged for me? I couldn't beat her super heroic trail till i was 60 ffs.

  • brad2240brad2240 Posts: 626 Amazing

    @Die4Dethklok said:
    Alright i gotta ask guys,i just tried doing her trails and her "unmake reality" and chaos rift arent working! Did that happen to you guus as well ? It makes no sense that i cant insta-kill with my signature on trash mobs. Basically makes the toon completely useless if she doesn't insta-kill and none of it is worth it. Is this just bugged for me? I couldn't beat her super heroic trail till i was 60 ffs.

    It's not bugged. She and Punisher (I believe) have their insta-kills disabled for the trials. I guess the theory is that it makes the trials too easy, but that for some reason didn't apply to Elektra.

    "#NEVERJubilee"

    "If you get hurt, hurt 'em back. If you get killed, walk it off." -Captain America

  • Dec047Dec047 Posts: 94 Mighty

    Not rly hard if u run invis catalyst, Immunity power (I forget the name) and 4 dots. Just use the loader as cover between rotations.

  • Blankman42005Blankman42005 Posts: 352 Amazing

    Was able to pass omega trial with 33k hp and no invis catalyst basically i use my sig to regroup whem ever on cd also did it with no confuse was very easy kinda disappointing as a put it off for so long

  • SomeStrangeManSomeStrangeMan Posts: 23 Mighty

    @erollathaking said:

    @xZHCx said:
    It took me several tries to get her through the cosmic after breezing through the heroic/super heroic trials. It was fairly easy for most of it until I got down to Red Skull and the last 2 mechs because I just couldn't seem to escape the lock on machine gun fire but after a few tries it finally dawned on me to use the wrecked tank or whatever towards the southern end of the map for cover so I basically threw down all my DoT skills, turned them against each other, took cover, rinsed and repeated until I was finally one on one and could finish him off.

    yeah if they lock on all you can do is get on the other side of that giant piece of construction equipment to hide. Anything else even Chaos Warp with the talent that makes you invulnerable they'll stay locked on until the whole time the ability is channeled and still be locked on after. and even if you have a catalyst or artifact that makes you invisible they'll still stay locked on even though they're supposed to drop aggro, I learned this the hard way with Psylocke

    Protip: Lampposts also break the lock on.

Sign In or Register to comment.