Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

Marvel Heroes Omega
The Marvel Heroes Omega PlayStation 4 servers are now back online! Thank you for your patience.
The Marvel Heroes Omega Xbox One servers are now back online! Thank you for your patience.

Nova Feedback Thread

Hey folks,

This thread is specifically for any Nova feedback you may want to share with the developers based on your experience during Closed Beta.

If you’re unsure what type of feedback to offer, here are some questions to think about based on your experience with this hero:

• Were there any powers that you found yourself preferring over other powers, or any powers that you disliked using? What about those powers did you find yourself liking or disliking compared to other powers?

• Were there any powers that weren’t clear or didn’t work like you expected after reading the power’s tooltip?

• Were there any powers that you felt were particularly difficult to use with the gamepad controls?

• If you have reached a high enough level to unlock Talents for this hero, were there any Talents that you found too powerful, or too weak relative to other Talents in that tier?

• While leveling and unlocking new powers, were there powers that you felt should have unlocked earlier in level progression? In the earliest levels, did you feel that you were lacking a specific type of power that made leveling that hero less fun (such as not having enough area-of-effect powers to deal with groups, not having enough single target powers to effectively fight more dangerous boss enemies, etc)?

• How did you feel about the hero’s resource usage? Were you having difficulty maintaining resources, or felt like you always had too much resource and not enough ways to use it?

These are just some ideas to consider - you’re welcome to share any kind of feedback you feel is worth telling us!

Note that if you encountered any outright bugs with this hero, please feel free to report those issues here in the Bug Report forums:

Please put [Nova] at the start of your thread subject when reporting bugs for this hero specifically so it is easier for our developers to collect and assess your bug reports more quickly. You can check out our Bug Report Formatting thread for more information on the best way to report any bugs you may encounter during Closed Beta:

Thanks!

Comments

• JayShockblastJayShockblast ALL THE DEADPOOLS Worcester, MAPosts: 119 Incredible

The only thing I have run into is sometimes when I go to use Nova Beam it doesn't fire up. It sometimes does the same on PC but looks like the beam is invisible. On PS4 though, if I am in L2 powers menu and take my finger off L2 and try to hit square for Nova Beam it sometimes does nothing. I thought maybe it was because I was pressing square too fast and maybe it still registered I was holding L2, but I can't be sure if that is the case. Just figured I would pass it along.

• TermonTermon Posts: 3 New Agent

Nova range build seems to struggle with damage from chapter 5 onward until the level 50 and 56 talents are picked up. Nova beam feels weak even with the 50% talent. Most boss fights I run in a circle until signature gets off cooldown. This is not a problem after 56 but made leveling him as the first character real frustrating. Loki took me around 8 minutes to kill at level 47. It could just be general tuning of later chapters espesically the blue and yellow enemies, but more damage from nova beam below level 50 would help a lot.

• NamSaneNamSane Posts: 26 Mighty

The change to nova dash makes it unappealing to use. The 8 second cooldown is too much.

• ironhandsironhands Posts: 43 Mighty

with latest patch, all melee abilities are either a cooldown or cost energy. should be a basic free melee ability

• DezusDezus Posts: 1 New Agent

Sometimes Falling Star goes to a random location when spamming it during his signature.

• hdraccohdracco Posts: 1 New Agent

I just didn't fell the impact of the powers... seens like the bean overpass the enemies and don't hit a thing, even if that is hitting.

And sometimes the novabean just don't shoot, appears as invisible.

Also, the explosion that make a black hole have a refresh rate that take very long time

• TerecenonTerecenon Posts: 2 New Agent

When im playing as nova, he lags considerably when i use his beam. And i know its not my connection or my ps4 because other people are moving around me and using powers and this only happens on this hero. When i use the beam, it seems like Nova has forgotten how to move for a second. It makes me wait about a second or two before i can twirl the beam in a circle. Also, when im done using the beam it makes me wait about a second before i can move again. Any gamer knows a second can mean life or death. Please fix! Thanks

• xICEMANxxICEMANx Posts: 81 Mighty

Nova's pulsar abilities are tagged as cooldown...but those abilities don't benefit from gear that boost cooldown damage.

• AndyUFCfanAndyUFCfan Posts: 4 New Agent

@JayShockblast said:
    The only thing I have run into is sometimes when I go to use Nova Beam it doesn't fire up. It sometimes does the same on PC but looks like the beam is invisible. On PS4 though, if I am in L2 powers menu and take my finger off L2 and try to hit square for Nova Beam it sometimes does nothing. I thought maybe it was because I was pressing square too fast and maybe it still registered I was holding L2, but I can't be sure if that is the case. Just figured I would pass it along.

I have the same issues on xbox, I use hawkeye with the shock ability as Y (triangle ps4) And the turret as LT+Y and after using other LT abilities and go back to just Y it thinks I'm still pushing LT and it uses the turret when I want to use shock. Seems like We need to release LT/L2 for about a second to make sure it doesn't happen.

• MythicalKnightMythicalKnight Posts: 458 Amazing

@AgentVapor
    For the love of god would you please change the sound effect on Cosmic Combo? It's literally a nightmare and feels like a drill .
    Also is useless because I'm missing a lot because some random dash and the enemies move aaand it cost energy. Really?
    Range is extremely boring and a walk in the park with no challenge for what so ever.
    I was wondering why Nova is so cheap, now I know why. Good job team , it looks like everything that you "fix" it came out worse..... applause.

• JayShockblastJayShockblast ALL THE DEADPOOLS Worcester, MAPosts: 119 Incredible

Yeah don't listen to this guy. Sound aside, which I don't have an opinion on, Nova is perfectly fine as is.

• MythicalKnightMythicalKnight Posts: 458 Amazing

@JayShockblast said:
    Yeah don't listen to this guy. Sound aside, which I don't have an opinion on, Nova is perfectly fine as is.

Right because nobody is complaining about melee , yea your are absolutely right.