Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

Marvel Heroes Omega

Iron Fist Feedback Thread

AgentVaporAgentVapor Posts: 239

Hey folks,

This thread is specifically for any Iron Fist feedback you may want to share with the developers based on your experience during Closed Beta.

If you’re unsure what type of feedback to offer, here are some questions to think about based on your experience with this hero:

  • Were there any powers that you found yourself preferring over other powers, or any powers that you disliked using? What about those powers did you find yourself liking or disliking compared to other powers?

  • Were there any powers that weren’t clear or didn’t work like you expected after reading the power’s tooltip?

  • Were there any powers that you felt were particularly difficult to use with the gamepad controls?

  • If you have reached a high enough level to unlock Talents for this hero, were there any Talents that you found too powerful, or too weak relative to other Talents in that tier?

  • While leveling and unlocking new powers, were there powers that you felt should have unlocked earlier in level progression? In the earliest levels, did you feel that you were lacking a specific type of power that made leveling that hero less fun (such as not having enough area-of-effect powers to deal with groups, not having enough single target powers to effectively fight more dangerous boss enemies, etc)?

  • How did you feel about the hero’s resource usage? Were you having difficulty maintaining resources, or felt like you always had too much resource and not enough ways to use it?

These are just some ideas to consider - you’re welcome to share any kind of feedback you feel is worth telling us!

Note that if you encountered any outright bugs with this hero, please feel free to report those issues here in the Bug Report forums:

Please put [Iron Fist] at the start of your thread subject when reporting bugs for this hero specifically so it is easier for our developers to collect and assess your bug reports more quickly. You can check out our Bug Report Formatting thread for more information on the best way to report any bugs you may encounter during Closed Beta:

Thanks!

«1

Comments

  • Brendyn4222Brendyn4222 Posts: 1 New Agent

    If I purchase the Marvel's Iron Fist Costume without buying all the founders packs, will I get Iron Fist?

  • DasShugoDasShugo Posts: 154 Incredible

    @Brendyn4222 said:
    If I purchase the Marvel's Iron Fist Costume without buying all the founders packs, will I get Iron Fist?

    I'd assume that wouldn't work. I have only seen that Iron Fist is exclusive not his costume.

    Your shoe is untied

  • DasShugoDasShugo Posts: 154 Incredible

    @AgentVapor said:

    • Were there any powers that weren’t clear or didn’t work like you expected after reading the power’s tooltip?

    Some of his stance openers state they do not restore Chi, but as I've been playing Iron Fist I noticed all of them do.

    • How did you feel about the hero’s resource usage? Were you having difficulty maintaining resources, or felt like you always had too much resource and not enough ways to use it?

    With the Stance openers working as they currently do (all stance openers restoring Chi) Managing resource is great if you keep an eye on it and change stances appropriately.

    After playing Iron Fist quite a bit he is one of my two favorite heroes.

    anyone looking to play him will definitely enjoy his style!

    Your shoe is untied

  • BeerBellyAbs79BeerBellyAbs79 Posts: 1 New Agent

    I feel he has too many stance openers or not enough ability slots. It was very difficult to choose what to put into his lineup versus other characters I played. It also felt like he was relegated to one or two abilities button mashed repeatedly, change stance, repeat.

  • SukoshiSeppenSukoshiSeppen AlbertaPosts: 136 Incredible

    I could only figure out one useful build for him when playing on cosmic difficulty but his aoe is terrible i found. I have nothing to compare to tho. I was able to beat every boss on cosmic except some took forever like the one before loki cant remember his name. Will edit my post with cooldown names later.

  • DeksamDeksam Posts: 1,825 Astonishing
    edited May 17

    I liked the character but he was lacking in several areas. AOE as mentioned before is severely lacking. While some abilities aren't bad, he's way too stationary while attacking and when facing the cosmic trial you really see his glaring faults.

    Each of his stances are a nice addition, akin to how Starlord switches elemental ammo, but they are all very hard to hit with and on multiple occasions serpent stance wouldn't actually complete the animation which caused me to have to activate it a second (and on several occasions a third) time.

    Leopard stance is the only stance ability I consider close to a movement power that also grants any forward attack, and every other stance opener just felt cumbersome to use.

    The abilities I used the most were Leopard stance. Like Unto Iron, Five hundred Fists, Crimson hammer talent, and seven armies sundered. I disliked how all the final abilities are geared towards balance of chi.

    The Talent layout otherwise was good. I think there is a lot of potential for damage boosts, although it seems Iron Fist at this time is so lacking in the AOE department, to compensate if not changes are made, I could see an increase in damage overall.. perhaps a guaranteed brutal strike on several powers? Akin to She Hulk or Blade?

    I also noticed on several occasions that some attacks wouldn't connect, making them a wasted abilities, most notably Five Hundred Fists.

    I would love to see some updates to some powers. Add a lunge to tiger Claw with a single hit instead of 2. Make Crane stance a ranged Cone attack. Make Dragon Stance a movement backflip instead of just an in place kick. We need more movement and more AOE if we are expected to beat cosmic.

  • NastygurlllllNastygurlllll St. Louis, MOPosts: 19 Mighty

    I was able to get through cosmic trial and all the cosmic bosses pretty easy once I fully understood his build and how to max burst damage while still being able to take an absolute pounding and still survive, once I figured that out it's almost too easy now going through things. I am using only 2 stances, leopard and tiger

  • DaivienDaivien Posts: 37 Mighty

    I'm not sure if the lvl 50 talent Flow Like the River is working. There's nothing that indicates I have or that I'm building stacks of flow.

  • DraykusDraykus True Believer Las Vegas, NVPosts: 1 New Agent
    edited July 18

    I love how I can freely use spells and abilities on every hero but Iron First. I feel the stances are nice but once his chi runs out he cant do anything. I would like to be able to use every melee attack without chi and when you have chi it does more damage because right now when you run out of chi you are useless. Or better yet make it where his chi don't run out because really the whole changing from one chi to another just to do damage is annoying and really takes away the fun of playing Iron Fist...

  • WayneRuinieWayneRuinie Los AngelesPosts: 20 Mighty

    One of his first tier talents does absolutely nothing, it says it increases things by zero.

  • TaskSpideyTaskSpidey Posts: 148 Incredible

    Still wondering when we will be able to purchase Iron Fist. I want to play him and he still isn't unlocked yet. It would be very Disheartening to find out he is a locked character and permanently grayed out on my screen just because I didn't drop 100$+ on the game buying the character bundles(even though I have dropped 100$+ on loot boxes). Any dev feedback would be great at this point in time.

    Twitch: Sar_Ras

    This post was brought to you by THE BEST!

  • WintersWinters Posts: 78 Mighty

    Iron fist will be locked for at least 6 months. Don't know if that's since beta or official launch.

  • bonbienbonbien CaliforniaPosts: 5 New Agent

    First, I would like to say I am enjoying Iron Fist immensely. He's one of my favorite characters and THANKS! for bringing Marvel Heroes Omega to PS4.

    Once you understand how to balance your chi Iron Fist is AWESOME! I run a Tiger/Leopard stance, with Crimson Hammer, Seven Armies Sundered, Fury of 500, Good Fortune Kick and Like unto Iron.
    With those skills cosmic wasn't very difficult, get in, drop some burst damage and dash out. Burst & Dash, run the Tiger chi down then proc Leopard, use leopard chi then switch back to Tiger.

    You guys did a great job with him, he feels very balanced and is really fun to play. Im interested in trying to make a magic build out of him based around Chi Blast.

  • CataclysmicCataclysmic Posts: 160 Incredible

    @bonbien said:
    First, I would like to say I am enjoying Iron Fist immensely. He's one of my favorite characters and THANKS! for bringing Marvel Heroes Omega to PS4.

    Once you understand how to balance your chi Iron Fist is AWESOME! I run a Tiger/Leopard stance, with Crimson Hammer, Seven Armies Sundered, Fury of 500, Good Fortune Kick and Like unto Iron.
    With those skills cosmic wasn't very difficult, get in, drop some burst damage and dash out. Burst & Dash, run the Tiger chi down then proc Leopard, use leopard chi then switch back to Tiger.

    You guys did a great job with him, he feels very balanced and is really fun to play. Im interested in trying to make a magic build out of him based around Chi Blast.

    I have the same build on my iron fist I also chose the talents where your stance effects persist for 10 seconds. He is a lot of fun to play but unfortunately his aoe is terrible single target he is awesome and love him for boss fights but seven armies sundered does nothing to groups.

  • WintersWinters Posts: 78 Mighty

    @bonbien said:
    First, I would like to say I am enjoying Iron Fist immensely. He's one of my favorite characters and THANKS! for bringing Marvel Heroes Omega to PS4.

    Once you understand how to balance your chi Iron Fist is AWESOME! I run a Tiger/Leopard stance, with Crimson Hammer, Seven Armies Sundered, Fury of 500, Good Fortune Kick and Like unto Iron.
    With those skills cosmic wasn't very difficult, get in, drop some burst damage and dash out. Burst & Dash, run the Tiger chi down then proc Leopard, use leopard chi then switch back to Tiger.

    You guys did a great job with him, he feels very balanced and is really fun to play. Im interested in trying to make a magic build out of him based around Chi Blast.

    Running a similar build. I wanted to try a magic build too. I tried it for 10 minutes and went back lol. I'm sure there is a decent build for it, but I wanted to get back to leveling my golden mace.

  • Shinobi88Shinobi88 Posts: 10 New Agent

    I agree with alot of the post too many stances hes limited to only a few attacks that combo with the stance opener being used i found 2 good set ups but its requires a solo stance opener and his second talent n first row seems confusing 0 percent reduced dmg and cooldown? I didnt really c the point

  • VicMa215VicMa215 Posts: 292 Amazing

    Iron fist definitely feels underwhelming I get it he's supposed to be a very talented martial artist but I find it a pain to do cosmic in. He need either better skills or some sort of balance.

    OP

    Storm level 46, Jean/Phoenix level 10

    Cosmic Prestige 6

    SW/Wicaan, Iron fist, Gambit, Hawkeye,DD

    MHO-Gambit "nappy time"

    psn:vickym215

    alwaysjubilee

  • MadspunkMadspunk Posts: 45 Mighty

    It would seem that Iron fist's damage is nerfed majorly in comparison to PC, I don't understand why.. I have him on both platforms and he performs massively better on PC. That is with using Omega gear on console, very underwhelming I feel sorry for founders who spent money just for Iron Fist.

  • RidethelightninRidethelightnin Posts: 379 Amazing

    @Madspunk I use tiger mainly and he hits hard as heck I get a lot of red bruts.

  • MadspunkMadspunk Posts: 45 Mighty
    edited October 31

    That isn't really relevant @Ridethelightnin - The actual damage numbers, in better gear than on PC is roughly equal to half of PC damage. I almost only ever get Brutes.. but that doesn't change the fact the base damage is different and I'm concerned as to why..

  • RidethelightninRidethelightnin Posts: 379 Amazing

    @Madspunk oh ok lol. So how much better is his offense on pc?

  • MadspunkMadspunk Posts: 45 Mighty

    I'll use Good Fortune Thunder Kick as my Example.
    On PC I have 1192 Damage, 128% base damage, 4k crit dmg, 3k brutal dmg, no legendary. It brutes for 900k

    On Console I have 3194 Damage rating, 160% base damage, 8.4k crit dmg, 6.8k brute dmg, rank 5 belt of apocalypse, it brutes for 400-450k.

    This is while in Crane stance, with follow through and Deliberate Tempo talents on both platforms.

  • RidethelightninRidethelightnin Posts: 379 Amazing

    @Madspunk I have 5300 critical damage and 11k brutal damage and 1500 melee damage and 88 percent base damage. I get red brutal for 500k on occasion on normal attacks. My sig
    does up to 1.5 mil max. Like i said before i usually run tiger mostly. I got 1.5 mil hit on serpent stance. Why I asked before about the difference. I still think he's great not like on pc but still great and my new main. Once I get my critical and brutal strikes to 1k it will be interesting and my legendary maxed it's only at rank 1.

  • MadspunkMadspunk Posts: 45 Mighty
    edited October 31

    You're not really contributing to the discussion, nothing you've just said has added value. Either Iron fist is broken or you're lying, with less everything you're 'normal' attacks, hit harder? What exactly are normal attacks, you've missed out so much information and afaik, everyone knows his sig hits hard in serpent stance, that's nothing new..?

  • RidethelightninRidethelightnin Posts: 379 Amazing

    @madspunk normal as in thunder kick, fury of five hundred fists and seven armies sundered. It's rare. I did 500k once with the kick.

  • PapaWahooPapaWahoo Posts: 6 New Agent

    Just started piloting Rand this week, crushed the cosmic and i have to say it was pretty easy once i figured out the dmg issues. Serpent and Crane all day.

    Biggest issue is the sig power. 40s is too long and dmg is a bit limp for a 40s resting period. I would take ot out, but too many bonuses tied to the sig.

  • csangels1128csangels1128 Posts: 221 Amazing

    @Ridethelightnin said:
    @Madspunk I have 5300 critical damage and 11k brutal damage and 1500 melee damage and 88 percent base damage. I get red brutal for 500k on occasion on normal attacks. My sig
    does up to 1.5 mil max. Like i said before i usually run tiger mostly. I got 1.5 mil hit on serpent stance. Why I asked before about the difference. I still think he's great not like on pc but still great and my new main. Once I get my critical and brutal strikes to 1k it will be interesting and my legendary maxed it's only at rank 1.

    88% base damage is low. Like, really low. Also, I run tiger and serpent. I'm still trying to gear him, but my sig tips out at about 5 million.

  • csangels1128csangels1128 Posts: 221 Amazing

    @PapaWahoo said:
    Just started piloting Rand this week, crushed the cosmic and i have to say it was pretty easy once i figured out the dmg issues. Serpent and Crane all day.

    Biggest issue is the sig power. 40s is too long and dmg is a bit limp for a 40s resting period. I would take ot out, but too many bonuses tied to the sig.

    You can get a lot of cooldown reduction. But even getting it down to maybe 30ish seconds is good because it's so powerful. The problem with crane is it doesn't do much for the signature.

    But realistically, his signature is a boss killer. His dps is good enough that the signature doesn't even need a shorter cooldown (short of maybe midtown). As long you can consistently make it hit hard (in your case crit chance and brutal chance), that's all you need.

  • PapaWahooPapaWahoo Posts: 6 New Agent

    @csangels1128 said:

    @PapaWahoo said:
    Just started piloting Rand this week, crushed the cosmic and i have to say it was pretty easy once i figured out the dmg issues. Serpent and Crane all day.

    Biggest issue is the sig power. 40s is too long and dmg is a bit limp for a 40s resting period. I would take ot out, but too many bonuses tied to the sig.

    You can get a lot of cooldown reduction. But even getting it down to maybe 30ish seconds is good because it's so powerful. The problem with crane is it doesn't do much for the signature.

    But realistically, his signature is a boss killer. His dps is good enough that the signature doesn't even need a shorter cooldown (short of maybe midtown). As long you can consistently make it hit hard (in your case crit chance and brutal chance), that's all you need.

    I agree that Crane and the Sig is not a great pairing, but i can fall on Serpent for the Sig. I am sure i can gear for for the cooldown, but i love staying in the fray with mobs and getting in the face of a boss. Crane makes me feel pretty tanky and with the pairing of serpent lets the dmg roll. By far my favorite character and now my main.

    After reflecting a bit.....I can live with the sig; I think it provides balance to him. I would like to see his sig do something different for Crane stance. BB poison touch provides healing and rolls the DoT at the same time due to talents, I am healing evry 6s.

  • csangels1128csangels1128 Posts: 221 Amazing

    @PapaWahoo said:

    @csangels1128 said:

    @PapaWahoo said:
    Just started piloting Rand this week, crushed the cosmic and i have to say it was pretty easy once i figured out the dmg issues. Serpent and Crane all day.

    Biggest issue is the sig power. 40s is too long and dmg is a bit limp for a 40s resting period. I would take ot out, but too many bonuses tied to the sig.

    You can get a lot of cooldown reduction. But even getting it down to maybe 30ish seconds is good because it's so powerful. The problem with crane is it doesn't do much for the signature.

    But realistically, his signature is a boss killer. His dps is good enough that the signature doesn't even need a shorter cooldown (short of maybe midtown). As long you can consistently make it hit hard (in your case crit chance and brutal chance), that's all you need.

    I agree that Crane and the Sig is not a great pairing, but i can fall on Serpent for the Sig. I am sure i can gear for for the cooldown, but i love staying in the fray with mobs and getting in the face of a boss. Crane makes me feel pretty tanky and with the pairing of serpent lets the dmg roll. By far my favorite character and now my main.

    After reflecting a bit.....I can live with the sig; I think it provides balance to him. I would like to see his sig do something different for Crane stance. BB poison touch provides healing and rolls the DoT at the same time due to talents, I am healing evry 6s.

    He's grossly underrated and incredibly fun. What legendary are you running?

«1
Sign In or Register to comment.