Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

Marvel Heroes Omega
The Marvel Heroes Omega PlayStation 4 servers are now back online! Thank you for your patience.
The Marvel Heroes Omega Xbox One servers are now back online! Thank you for your patience.

Yanski Chamba's Hybrid Thor Cosmic Build

KingofFreaksVAMHKingofFreaksVAMH Posts: 24 Mighty
edited July 7 in THOR

Yanski Chamba's Hybrid Thor NOT MY BUILD

Skills:

• Bring the Thunder
  • Hammer Smash
  • Hammer of Storms
  • Asgardian Smite
  • Ragnarok
  • Son of Odin

Talents:

• Building Power
  • God Force
  • Almighty Mjolnir
  • Thor, King of Asgard
  • Odin's Favor

>

Gear:
Legendary = Perseus
Medallion = HYDE's (OP) (Your brute crit will be "based" on this)
Relic = Either HP + melee or range depending what you build, or HP + Def. You can see what you got.
Catalyst = +4 STR or ENE as long as you have the perk 5 OF every power hit
Weapon = BRUTE and CRIT and +5 STR or ENE
All other gears = BRUTE and CRIT and +5 STR or ENE
Ring = Brute crit or HP
Artifacts= GoK of course, and find stuff that gives off HP and Damage ratings! (Anything with hp too and Damage rating)

Synergy = HP and melee
Infinity - Ur call on HP % or BRUTE/crit rating %

My rotation: Bring the Thunder > Hammer Smash > Bring the Thunder* > Hammer of Storms > Asgardian Smite > OdinForce Generator (use Anti-Force when available, also if a power is on cooldown, move to the next power, never stop fighting and moving)

• = The second Bring the Thunder will give you 0 OF, but so will the following move, Hammer of Storms.

Here are some Youtube videos (where I found this build) of a run-through of Odin's Palace and Cosmic Doom.

Again, not my build, but I prefer to follow builds by text, so that they are easier to input than having to watch a video and see the rotations or search through to find where they show the Talents screen for two seconds.

Thanks a ton, Yanski Chamba, this got me through Cosmic with no Legendary and two pieces of Cosmic.

"'Man Without Fear,' they call me. Only because I'm blind. If I could see half the stuff I get myself into, I'd be scared brown" -- Daredevil (Volume 3, #10, written by Mark Waid)

Comments

• crainstylecrainstyle Posts: 127 Incredible

Thanks for posting this. My Thor build is getting a little stale, I think I'll mix it up and give it a shot.

• KingofFreaksVAMHKingofFreaksVAMH Posts: 24 Mighty

Let me know how it works for you then head over to his channel I've got linked and give him some love.

"'Man Without Fear,' they call me. Only because I'm blind. If I could see half the stuff I get myself into, I'd be scared brown" -- Daredevil (Volume 3, #10, written by Mark Waid)

• crainstylecrainstyle Posts: 127 Incredible

@KingofFreaksVAMH said:
    Let me know how it works for you then head over to his channel I've got linked and give him some love.

Will do

• MythicalKnightMythicalKnight Posts: 458 Amazing

Hhhmmm you stoled my build :p
    But can you tell me what is that the Hyde medallion does, I think you get on DR right?
    I hate DR so is that medallion really worth it my friend?

@MythicalKnight said:

I stole Yamski's build from a Youtube video. Everything is derivative, dude. ;)

@MythicalKnight said:
    But can you tell me what is that the Hyde medallion does, I think you get on DR right?

I've never gotten it to drop, but in the video I posted linked under Odin's Palace, it says:

"When you are attacked gain 500 damage rating for 5 seconds (10 second cooldown)
    +900 Damage Rating vs. Bosses
    +1,189 Critical Damage Rating"

As I'm coming to understand it, Brutal Damage in and of itself shouldn't be your sole focus, you should go Base Damage, Crit Damage, and Brute Damage in that order since Brutal is basically a Critical on top of Critical.

If you have any questions I can't answer, go talk to Yamski on his Youtube channel here

@KingofFreaksVAMH said:

@MythicalKnight said:

@MythicalKnight said:

I've never gotten it to drop, but in the video I posted linked under Odin's Palace, it says:

"When you are attacked gain 500 damage rating for 5 seconds (10 second cooldown)

As I'm coming to understand it, Brutal Damage in and of itself shouldn't be your sole focus, you should go Base Damage, Crit Damage, and Brute Damage in that order since Brutal is basically a Critical on top of Critical.

If you have any questions I can't answer, go talk to Yamski on his Youtube channel here

Thanks
    If that's what the medallion does then is irrelevant.
    Yes brutals acts as double crit basically but it can only be proc if you crit first.
    Critical hit ratings is your chances to crit.
    Critical brutal ratings is your chances to brutal after you crit
    Then the damage is applied.
    So if you don't crit you get nothing.
    My build is a little different but same concept and I went with Mandarin medallion because my heavy hitters are ranged.
    Good stuff mate.

@MythicalKnight said:

@KingofFreaksVAMH said:

@MythicalKnight said:

@MythicalKnight said:

Thanks
    Yes brutals acts as double crit basically but it can only be proc if you crit first.
    My build is a little different but same concept and I went with Mandarin medallion because my heavy hitters are ranged.
    Good stuff mate.

I'll make sure to pass on the info and praise.

@KingofFreaksVAMH said:

@MythicalKnight said:

@KingofFreaksVAMH said:

@MythicalKnight said:

@MythicalKnight said:

Thanks
    Good stuff mate.

I'll make sure to pass on the info and praise.

That video is a little outdated, Gaz nerfed the medallions and now none of the comes with crit or brutal as an affix. Unfortunately.
    Is a very good video none the less

• LockeLamorahLockeLamorah Posts: 16 Mighty

@KingofFreaksVAMH said:

Yanski Chamba's Hybrid Thor NOT MY BUILD

Skills:

• Bring the Thunder
    • Hammer Smash
    • Hammer of Storms
    • Asgardian Smite
    • Ragnarok
    • Son of Odin

Talents:

• Building Power
    • God Force
    • Almighty Mjolnir
    • Thor, King of Asgard
    • Odin's Favor

>

Gear:
    Legendary = Perseus
    Medallion = HYDE's (OP) (Your brute crit will be "based" on this)
    Relic = Either HP + melee or range depending what you build, or HP + Def. You can see what you got.
    Catalyst = +4 STR or ENE as long as you have the perk 5 OF every power hit
    Weapon = BRUTE and CRIT and +5 STR or ENE
    All other gears = BRUTE and CRIT and +5 STR or ENE
    Ring = Brute crit or HP
    Artifacts= GoK of course, and find stuff that gives off HP and Damage ratings! (Anything with hp too and Damage rating)

Synergy = HP and melee
    Infinity - Ur call on HP % or BRUTE/crit rating %

My rotation: Bring the Thunder > Hammer Smash > Bring the Thunder* > Hammer of Storms > Asgardian Smite > OdinForce Generator (use Anti-Force when available, also if a power is on cooldown, move to the next power, never stop fighting and moving)

• = The second Bring the Thunder will give you 0 OF, but so will the following move, Hammer of Storms.

Here are some Youtube videos (where I found this build) of a run-through of Odin's Palace and Cosmic Doom.

Again, not my build, but I prefer to follow builds by text, so that they are easier to input than having to watch a video and see the rotations or search through to find where they show the Talents screen for two seconds.

Thanks a ton, Yanski Chamba, this got me through Cosmic with no Legendary and two pieces of Cosmic.

Oh finally a forum for that vid. Thanks @KingofFreaksVAMH for doing this. It's on Youtube so it's yours and EVERYONE's Build now. Plus you prolly know more mechanics with crits and all that than I do, I just got lucky with a good build and shared it hoping you guys could analyze it rofl.

Props to you my friend coz now we can make the build better or discover a new path. RKT (cough)

edited July 7

@KingofFreaksVAMH said:

@MythicalKnight said:

@MythicalKnight said:

@MythicalKnight PS4 builds are kind of limited at the mo. I didn't see a single ps4 Thor build that actually showed gameplay so I thought I'd post a vid of my build, and I would say it's a high possibility of a coincidence that we have the same build ;)

I actually want to see great builds for Thor, no competition, just to share to see how awesome he can become

Your vid is a great base for new Thors brother, good job.
    That nerf really hurts, now i went with Electro for the extra damage but Mandarin and Dr Ock seems good , maybe Gorgon or Doom medallion? I don't know lol.
    Good build.

Hey bro, I just went home for lunch to see if anything's changed since launch. My items looks to be operating the same way lol. I will record a vid that shows you the Hyde medallion still stacks, (up to 8k damage rating) and I still think is the best medallion.

I'm sticking to it just because it's my preference lol. But if I'm doing the raid dummy TTK, I would change it to Sentinel/mandarin/doom medallion, since Hyde needs you to get hit, and the dummies stay still.

True tho that my choices would be Mandarin, Sentinel and Doom. Gluck mah man!

edited July 7

@KingofFreaksVAMH said:

@MythicalKnight said:

@MythicalKnight said:

Guys, I just went home to check it out, It still stacks lol.

That +500 DR for 5 secs, still stacks, up to 8k DR.
    Everytime you're hit, you get +500 DR.

So if 8 mobs hit you... once each.. then that's automatically +4k Damage Rating on top of your normal out of battle Damage rating.

But then, you get hit most of the time because the build allows you to take hits. I try to stay away from dodge stats. I NEED to get hit lol.

That + 500 DR for 5 seconds prolongs the duration every time you're hit. It might be a glitch but it is what it is rofl.

Interesting and weird, it doesn't say that stack , I know Dr Ock stack up to 8 times. Yea is probably a glitch but hey take it .

@LockeLamorah
    I decided to copy paste your range build since mine was hybrid, very fun to play man and really good for groups. Awesome job , recommend this build.
    My build seem good for single target with some aoe, yours is the other way around, nothing can be perfect isn't it. Glad to see Thor has some variety.
    Keep it up peace.

@MythicalKnight said:
    @LockeLamorah
    I decided to copy paste your range build since mine was hybrid, very fun to play man and really good for groups. Awesome job , recommend this build.
    My build seem good for single target with some aoe, yours is the other way around, nothing can be perfect isn't it. Glad to see Thor has some variety.
    Keep it up peace.

Very good for Ops and trials. :smiley:

edited July 10

@MythicalKnight

Yeah, I wish we could combine our builds lol. This build is hybrid because it uses both melee and range, but focuses on ENERGY. (Although I should really start splitting it with STR.)

I also have a vid of this build killing Cosmic Doom without dying.. (well I let him kill me because of Cargill's Rerwrite lol)

I DO want to make him kill bosses faster though like your build, so if you guys have any input I would love to incorporate it.

@LockeLamorah said:
    @MythicalKnight

Yeah, I wish we could combine our builds lol. This build is hybrid because it uses both melee and range, but focuses on ENERGY. (Although I should really start splitting it with STR.)

I also have a vid of this build killing Cosmic Doom without dying.. (well I let him kill me because of Cargill's Rerwrite lol)

I DO want to make him kill bosses faster though like your build, so if you guys have any input I would love to incorporate it.

I manage to play with 4 spenders and the build is not finish yet , my god is a blast but it takes long to get there and a lot of work and also cosmic artifacts with increase odinforce while in battle.
    I'll finish with around 1k Odinforce so imagine.
    And yes I did combine both builds . Results.
    Lightnings for days lol.

@MythicalKnight said:

@LockeLamorah said:
    @MythicalKnight

I manage to play with 4 spenders and the build is not finish yet , my god is a blast but it takes long to get there and a lot of work and also cosmic artifacts with increase odinforce while in battle.
    I'll finish with around 1k Odinforce so imagine.
    And yes I did combine both builds . Results.
    Lightnings for days lol.

Do share. :smile:

Sure. You're gonna need the shield to cover defense.
    Spenders: jumping smite, hammer smash,crack the sky and bring the thunder. Dash
    Your 3 main generators
    Talents 13333
    You need 40 infinity points Deep though for 100 Odinforce.
    Cosmic GoK and Sinisters Diamond with 150 Odinforce while in battle cosmic affix.
    Complete relic of Gobborin.
    That's a total of 600 Odinforce + 500 that you start with is around 1.1k Odinforce in total. More than enough to spam all your spenders.
    Yea you need a lot of stuff to make this work but is worth it.

@MythicalKnight

Yeah, true. My build is gear dependent also. I guess Thor's design is really just that. I'm sad lol.

But I tried something last night and managed to up his base damage to +232% but low Crit and Brut rating.
    The only reason I'll build crit and brut is if my build uses spinning strike (guaranteed brute)

I use all +5 atts on gears, and +1 all atts with Jordan's unique ring.
    Artifacts, demonicus +3 all atts, Cargill's +3 All atts, and well, GoK.
    Then infinity I am 50 deep so 2 STR

The previous vid has his BD only at %202. Will let you know if this amps it up or makes it worse ;)

@LockeLamorah said:
    @MythicalKnight

Yeah, true. My build is gear dependent also. I guess Thor's design is really just that. I'm sad lol.

But I tried something last night and managed to up his base damage to +232% but low Crit and Brut rating.
    The only reason I'll build crit and brut is if my build uses spinning strike (guaranteed brute)

I use all +5 atts on gears, and +1 all atts with Jordan's unique ring.
    Artifacts, demonicus +3 all atts, Cargill's +3 All atts, and well, GoK.
    Then infinity I am 50 deep so 2 STR

The previous vid has his BD only at %202. Will let you know if this amps it up or makes it worse ;)

Oh I see, I'm completely opposite because I focus on stacking crits and brutal with my base dame at 100% only.
    With this I've seen 1.1M coming out of my signature and regularly do between 500-800k across all my skills.
    Have no idea how stacking attributes works on Thor tbh.
    I crit and brut almost all the time man, all you need is get your Crit and Brutal Ratings to 2500+
    Let me know how your build is working.

edited July 11

Where do you get GoK? I've never come across it.

edited July 11

@MythicalKnight

Oh I see, THAT's why I'm hitting so weak, my Crit and Brut Ratings are under 500 lol. Just imagine if you have 200% + BD and 2k crit/brute rating. WOW. Add Hyde's stacking DR and he will be RKT.

I'm so gunna farm for brut and crit rates now with +5 str/energy and try it. Thanks man!

@KingofFreaksVAMH
    Hey bro, GoK drops from supply boost and Kurse himself or the boxes after killing him. Try to farm lower Asgard operations. It's a grind though, so I would suggest buying the supply boost to double the chances of getting it. I've gotten a cosmic Gok drop from him, and 2 regular Gok and 3 Hyde medallions off of supply boost! Just keep at it and it will eventually drop man! Gluck!

• TrophyHoarderTrophyHoarder Posts: 45 Mighty

Any thoughts on Advanced Reserve Electrical Generator? What about the efficiency artifacts mod? How much spirit reduction is it? The build is pretty fun once you max out. I'm on meh gear with cosmic GOK, Advanced Reserve Electrical Generator and Cargill and Thor still hits like a truck.

edited July 11

@TrophyHoarder said:
    Any thoughts on Advanced Reserve Electrical Generator? What about the efficiency artifacts mod? How much spirit reduction is it? The build is pretty fun once you max out. I'm on meh gear with cosmic GOK, Advanced Reserve Electrical Generator and Cargill and Thor still hits like a truck.

Yes definitely good for Thor if you are worried about Odinforce, I was using it before getting Cosmic Sinister Diamonds.
    Here, if you have 10 points in Energy that's 2.5% cost Reduction + 7%+ out of the artifact is like 10% Reduction.
    Not bad at all, the thing about cosmic artifacts is that the cosmic yellow text can give plus 150 Odinforce while in battle wish is better than the Reduction.
    Cosmic GoK and Sinister Diamond drop from the chest in operations so do the bounty.
    I'm using Efficiency Mod on my Hand of Doom.

@LockeLamorah
    Is going to be difficult to have both, high crits and brutals and high base as well, let me know if you can do it because usually is either gear with +attributes or crit and brutals, except maybe the ring.

edited July 11

@TrophyHoarder

IF, you're talking bout my build, then no need for more of as it uses the catalyst perk +5 OF every power hit, so you can spam hammer of storms and Bring the thunder while waiting for OF generators.

BUT if you're referring to his build using crack the sky or other channeling skills then yes you need OF.

Efficiency mods, I have it on all of them to compare it since I can't crunch the numbers. Farmed Legendary Marks using currency booster and boom 36 LM per 5-7 mins (timesquare)

@MythicalKnight

Dude I tried to swap out my gear during lunch break ROFL. You're right, my BD went down to 144% but in exchange I gained and lost:

HP: 60219 - 76K in battle (DUNNO WHAT TRIGGERS THAT)
    CHR: 1950
    BSR: 2125
    CDR: 9k
    BDR: 3922
    Defense went down from 52% - 45%

No + energy means I'm squishier to range attacks too.

Used Demonicus, Cargill's and Cosmic Gok
    Changed Demonicus to HoDoom, and Cargill's to Zigurat

Infinity changed from Def/HP % Split to 25% Brutal Damage

Not bad, fun and all... 2M + Signature Brutal damages... but I run away a lot more to survive lol.

I'll try to find +5 atts plus CHR and let you know it is at all possible. If not, I will definitely leave the utilities slots for +5 atts.

edited July 11

@LockeLamorah
    I know how you feel , had the same problem but is because I was doing the wrong rotation and taking unnecessary damage. Here try this one.
    The key for this build is positioning and Jumping Smite.
    You have to be close enough so you can leap but not face to face.
    1-Start with Signature to get Odinforce and the buff and also killing trash mobs in the process.
    2-Throw a couple of Bring the Thunder.
    3-Finilly use Jumping Smite to close the gap and get into the melee part of the build, follow by Hammer Smash and Crack the Sky.
    4-Get out pop generator 2 and repeat.

After doing this I barely take damage and my health is above 75%. Give it a shot it takes a little practice but is easy once you get the hang on Jumping Smite.

@MythicalKnight

No your combos are fine, I'm just talking bout the gears I switched. I had 40 Energy and All HP DEF % on infinity, then I switched to all out Crit Brut Rate/damage lol. That's why I'm running away a lot hahah.

But thanks for detailing how your combo works. Thanks!