Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

Marvel Heroes Omega

DPS vs DEF (Cosmic)

AlakdilionAlakdilion U.S.A.Posts: 39 Mighty

For those of you running Cosmic difficulty, what are your stats priorities when picking out new gear? Typically, I've been going through the normal order of Crit hit > Crit dmg > Brut hit > Brut dmg. Once I hit Cosmic, I realized that I need some kind of damage mitigation since no one can DPS if they're dead. Except I'm not sure what's a good Damage Reduction % to aim for. Currently, I'm at 30% since that's the best compromise I found without sacrificing too much DPS. I will still keep farming for gear that'll roll me both defensive stats and crit/brut, but it'll definitely be a while. 30% is still squishy and I need to constantly move around to stay alive. The highest I ever got it was 46% and I could face-tank elites, but bosses took too long to die.

Anyways, how do you guys gear for stats?

Comments

• RossiferRossifer Covert Gulf CoastPosts: 348 Amazing

I have been stacking Durability first and that seems to do pretty good for me.

PSN: Goosimus_Prime

• WARMACHINEROXXXXWARMACHINEROXXXX West Coast PSTPosts: 709 Amazing

If youre going ranged then less than lethal is invaluable for CC for mobs.
    I stack Durability over Strength due to the health benefits.
    But Brute Rating and Crit Rating is also key.

I have gone with
    Mkrann for legendary to drop his ranged basic.
    dropped heat via talent.
    focused on
    Durability on some rolls/crit rating/brut rating/crit damage/brutal damage.

Focusing solely on attributes is a waste considering its only a small %4 increase in damage.
    getting crit/brute rating to 4000 ( I wished %s were available like PC) is important then go for crit damage.

He holds up decently in ranged for defense. Hes no tank at all though. Built for war talent which heals helps/plus catalyst shield/ less than lethal is enough to survive solo play.

I AM THE BFG

• AlakdilionAlakdilion U.S.A.Posts: 39 Mighty

Thanks for the feedback. I don't struggle with mobs since I have gear that generates a shield and my defense lets me face-tank blues and under. Yellows require a bit of movement on my part since their AoEs and CCs still hurt. It's the Cosmic Midtown boss fights that keep me on my toes, though. 1v1 isn't an issue, but multiple bosses will eventually hurt me and I'm just trying not to fold after one or two direct hits. I wish he was more tanky since he only has Less than Lethal to reduce aggro. My other characters (Angela, Psylocke, Daredevil) at least have several means to instantly reduce aggro or at least become temporarily invincible so they don't require as much defense.

• WARMACHINEROXXXXWARMACHINEROXXXX West Coast PSTPosts: 709 Amazing

Yeah he doesnt have much to use to drop aggro.
    on PC he has two charges of less than lethal so atleast he could cover more areas.
    They need to add two charges or increase the AOE of it along with plasma cannon/Hammer of War's AOE.

I AM THE BFG

• EmperorBooshEmperorBoosh Posts: 7 New Agent

@Alakdilion said:
    For those of you running Cosmic difficulty, what are your stats priorities when picking out new gear? Typically, I've been going through the normal order of Crit hit > Crit dmg > Brut hit > Brut dmg. Once I hit Cosmic, I realized that I need some kind of damage mitigation since no one can DPS if they're dead. Except I'm not sure what's a good Damage Reduction % to aim for. Currently, I'm at 30% since that's the best compromise I found without sacrificing too much DPS. I will still keep farming for gear that'll roll me both defensive stats and crit/brut, but it'll definitely be a while. 30% is still squishy and I need to constantly move around to stay alive. The highest I ever got it was 46% and I could face-tank elites, but bosses took too long to die.

Anyways, how do you guys gear for stats?

I went durability/crit hit/crit dmg/rng dmg and brutal after that. I beat it with 32% dmg reduction

• AlakdilionAlakdilion U.S.A.Posts: 39 Mighty

@EmperorBoosh Yeah 32% is what I'm running quests and patrols on now. I think I had it at 46% when I did Cosmic Trial but it took a while since I sacrificed DPS. Now my DPS is solid and 32% is alright as long as I pay attention to my health bar and avoid OHKO or burst damage moves from bosses.

• Spanishfly56Spanishfly56 Posts: 14 New Agent

I have found for cosmic going glass cannon with 70% suit power with durability +5 and using catalyst with +3 and invisible when using a med kit did just fine. I'm constantly on the move and doing my attacks. I don't have my legendary unlocked so I'm using relic +200 suit power 2 artifacts giving me a total on 800 suit power. Reactive sheild to refill resources and give a sheild bonus.

• Nybling2Nybling2 Winchester, VAPosts: 9 Mighty

I'm at 50k Avg. Effective Health and have 44% damage reduction and I feel a decent balance between straight damage and defense. Granted, I'd like to get some gear with a bit more crit rating on it, but can only go with what the RNG gods give ya. :)

That said, I do think going between 35-40% Dmg Reduction is probably where I'm going to try and aim for. I definitely think there is value in being able to take a big hit (since I failed 1 cosmic trial run because I got stuck on some invisible thing and took a couple big hits), but I think more infinity points and more synergies will help round things out.

• RavagerooRavageroo Posts: 4 New Agent

I personally feel that that around 50k avg effective health song with at least 40% damage reduction is keep to help you dump damage without becoming butter in a microwave. Only reason I say is this: my observation is that you will be rooted for most of your abilities short of hammer of war and will be taking damage. I actually did cosmic trial without an legendary and not as much brutal strike and critical hit ratings, however I did have a good amount of suit power to make it happen.