Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

Marvel Heroes Omega
Maintenance is complete and the Marvel Heroes Omega PS4 & XB1 servers are now back online. Thank you for your patience!

Black Widow Opinion

OdiinOdiin Posts: 58 Mighty

BW is highly under rated. I found her to be very fun to play. Her roll invisibility was very useful, her gadgets are powerful. There isn't anything I can even say bad about her. I suggest everyone pick her up at some point.

Comments

• YarsyPS4YarsyPS4 Posts: 4 New Agent

I think it's just a "cheap hero syndrome": everyone wants Rocket and Iron Man and they are expensive (I'm talking about splinter cost), but Widow is "bad" since she's cheap, and many people think cheap = "for beginners" = "not really good". If you played League of Legends you know what I'm talking about: champions like Annie and Ryze was considered "for beginners" since they were pretty easy to learn and understand, and pro players didn't picked them, but when a couple of pros tried them and achieved great success, even in big tournaments, suddenly everyone started to like them and play them.
    MHU is not very competitive game, but people still has that kind of mindset. I really liked Widow and I'm glad I'm not the only one.

• psychicdrillpsychicdrill Posts: 165 Incredible

I got her last night, cause I have preference fo female characters. I'm level 16 or so, and she's not grabbing me. I hope it isn't a case similar to Psylocke, where I lost interest at level 56 lol.

• brad2240brad2240 Posts: 571 Amazing

@YarsyPS4 said:
    I think it's just a "cheap hero syndrome": everyone wants Rocket and Iron Man and they are expensive (I'm talking about splinter cost), but Widow is "bad" since she's cheap, and many people think cheap = "for beginners" = "not really good". If you played League of Legends you know what I'm talking about: champions like Annie and Ryze was considered "for beginners" since they were pretty easy to learn and understand, and pro players didn't picked them, but when a couple of pros tried them and achieved great success, even in big tournaments, suddenly everyone started to like them and play them.
    MHU is not very competitive game, but people still has that kind of mindset. I really liked Widow and I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I don't really think so. I don't know how long you've been playing but in beta Widow was a mid-priced hero, 525 splinters like the majority of the roster. She was never seen much then, either.

And in this game, price really has nothing to do with power. I would hope that even new players would see Hulk at 200 ES and realize that cheap does not equal weak. Those with a bit of experince realize that Nova and Angela are also among the best in the game and they've been cheap since the beginning.

I think Widow just has a smaller fanbase than most others. And most people who aren't a dedicated fan would probably rather play a real "super" hero than a normal person. She's a great character but she's not flashy, in a game full of characters with stunning visuals.

Personally, I like her a lot but don't play her as much as I should. Since most of my other characters are stuck grinding artifacts I may pick her up again, get her caught up.

"If you get hurt, hurt 'em back. If you get killed, walk it off." -Captain America

• newbadonenewbadone Connecticut Posts: 193 Incredible

I like the character so I got her. She's fun to play, more so than Nightcrawler. Not doing the artifact grind yet, just having fun, getting trophies, and leveling heroes for now.

• BertholdtHooverBertholdtHoover Outside of the wallsPosts: 750 Amazing
    edited July 31

She is great and I'm not that big of a fan of hers, really glad I bought her when I did, Hawkeye, Hulk, Nova... All great, in fact. I think the only hero of 200 splinters cost I don't hear almost anything about in here is Captain Marvel, I got her friday last week along with some other heroes, but I'm only playing her when I get the Classic costume from the WoP loot box tomorrow.

The power of the cosmic cube protects me!

• CurseofAresCurseofAres MilanPosts: 103 Incredible

She's a great character in my opinion. Recently, I was just grinding characters to get the 60 so I could get the marvelous box and the synergy bonus but with BW, she was absolutely fun. She's the 11th character I've gotten to 60 and had fun. I found myself stopping through the story line and killing mobs just for fun. Her combo is simple and easy to use. The cooldowns are nice and she has that beautiful roll that makes her invisible and then if you had the catalyst that makes her invisible for 3 seconds, that thing can stack.

"One batch, two batch, penny and dime"
    Xbox One - Curse of Ares

• IceBusterIceBuster Original East CoastPosts: 267 Amazing

She is a steal at 200 ES. Very good ranged fighter.

Increased drop rate for cosmic artifacts would be nice.

• FaizahnFaizahn A galaxy far, far away....Posts: 45 Mighty

I picker her up because of the fact that she is a 200ES character. I've been playing her a bit more lately trying to get her to 60 and I'm having fun.

She is capable and a joy to play but I do see why some people would shy away from her.

XBox One: Faison13

• XBearWXBearW Posts: 4 New Agent

She is pretty strong imo. She just isn't as flashy as most heroes