Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

Marvel Heroes Omega
The Marvel Heroes Omega PlayStation 4 servers are now back online! Thank you for your patience.
The Marvel Heroes Omega Xbox One servers are now back online! Thank you for your patience.

Hulk Smash! build

EhpicEhpic Posts: 466 Amazing
edited June 14 in HULK

Hey guys, Ehpic here and thought i'd post a detailed guide on the wonderful world of Hulk smashing! This sub forum seems a little dead so hoping we can get some discussion going. I'll post a video and picture of my skills below.

The general playstyle that I use for solo ops is 1 shotting non elite/white mobs to wrack up the kill counter for bonus chests, you'll see me doing that in my video below. with this build your hulk smash will have a 4 second cooldown and 100% brutal strike chance so your stat priority is as much brutal damage as possible while stacking some defence. I only kill elites/blues if there's a good chunk of them i can stack up or a dupe with them.

As for stats here is what I aim for so that i'm tanky while still packing a punch!

60% damage reduction (can go higher but not really required with current content)
70k health
as much crit damage as i can without sacrificing brutal damage
3000-3500 brutal strike rating
maximum possible brutal damage without sacrifising defence.
you'll want a little crit chance so your meteor strike has a chance to brutal now and then. I'm toying with the idea of adding a bit more crit hit but for now i keep that fairly low.

in the below video, sorry i forgot to take a screenshot of my stats and synergies but i'll list them here from memory. I'll edit this post tonight with screenshots of both.

My stats fluctuate depending if i'm going for a bit more survival or dps.
25~ durability
17~ strength
500-1000~ crit strike rating
3000+ brutal strike rating
5000+ crit damage rating
12000+ brutal damage rating
60% damage reduction
68,000 effective health.

all infinity in brutal damage rating.
all damage/melee/str/dur synergies

here's a screenshot of stats & synergies, as said above it fluctuates this is just with one of my gearsets.
http://imgur.com/a/yuHpQ

artifacts that work well with this build are
Gem of the Kursed
Vibro Smashers
Ultron Bi-Level Concussion projector
Sentinel targeting unit
in lieu of ultron projector and sentinel targeting unit, if you don't have one i'd suggest either white suit jacket or a ziggarut. You want to get brutal damage and brutal strike ideally, durability / str are ok if you can't do that.

Doc Oc Medallion with crit damage or brutal damage rating roll.

aoe rotation:
Leap twice to get vulnerability rolling, try to spread your leap around to make sure it's on as many people as possible. use roar then hulk smash to kill all the white mobs. With over 10k brutal damage you should 1 shot all white mobs on the screen. If it's a pack of blues/yellows that i want to kill the rotation is a bit different and will be as follows.

single target & burst aoe on elites rotation:
spread leap vulnerability > Roar to stun everything > Hulk smash to max out anger > use dusters > pummel biggest clump twice > leap again > meteor strike > pummel twice more now that everything is stacked > roar > hulk smash again. wait for just before 2 stacks of pummel to use dusters again and pummel twice

use leap/pummel/smash/roar on CD until meteor is back up then repeat the above rotation, always leap before pummel to ensure weaken is active on target. about 5 seconds before meteor resets save your pummel so you have 2 stacks to use in the rotation. use your punch as filler when everything is on cd.

if you have stats around what i've listed above that should be enough to kill any pack of yellows/blues in 1 full rotation and solo burst bosses down in 15 seconds or so.

With this build you will have Meteor strike on a 30 second cooldown, try to use it as often as possible and have it up for the start of the boss fight if you're soloing ops/DR. it'll be less than 30 seconds if you have a max level nullifier. I personally went axe first and i'm currently leveling my nullifier.

skills
http://imgur.com/KwmeYXi

talents
http://imgur.com/3XmzdfJ

Build in action

twitch.tv/videos/151568531

added bonus this is the run i hit level 5 on my axe ;) Enjoy! now to grind that nullifier up.

Comments

• sicklordsolarsicklordsolar Philadelphia Posts: 75 Mighty
    edited June 14

Congratz on leveling your legendary. I just unlocked rank 4 yesterday.

Sub forum is so dry because everyone just looks and does not comment. Window shopping with money lol

• EhpicEhpic Posts: 466 Amazing

thanks! and yeah, not as dry as some others but still pretty quiet.

• DarkallahDarkallah Posts: 5 New Agent

Thanks for the build idea, I think I'll try this out tonight.

have fun!

• HulkSMASSHHHulkSMASSHH Posts: 457 Amazing

@Ehpic said:
    Hey guys, Ehpic here and thought i'd post a detailed guide on the wonderful world of Hulk smashing! This sub forum seems a little dead so hoping we can get some discussion going. I'll post a video and picture of my skills below.

The general playstyle that I use for solo ops is 1 shotting non elite/white mobs to wrack up the kill counter for bonus chests, you'll see me doing that in my video below. with this build your hulk smash will have a 4 second cooldown and 100% brutal strike chance so your stat priority is as much brutal damage as possible while stacking some defence. I only kill elites/blues if there's a good chunk of them i can stack up or a dupe with them.

As for stats here is what I aim for so that i'm tanky while still packing a punch!

60% damage reduction (can go higher but not really required with current content)
    70k health
    as much crit damage as i can without sacrificing brutal damage
    3000-3500 brutal strike rating
    maximum possible brutal damage without sacrifising defence.
    you'll want a little crit chance so your meteor strike has a chance to brutal now and then. I'm toying with the idea of adding a bit more crit hit but for now i keep that fairly low.

in the below video, sorry i forgot to take a screenshot of my stats and synergies but i'll list them here from memory. I'll edit this post tonight with screenshots of both.

My stats fluctuate depending if i'm going for a bit more survival or dps.
    25~ durability
    17~ strength
    500-1000~ crit strike rating
    3000+ brutal strike rating
    5000+ crit damage rating
    12000+ brutal damage rating
    60% damage reduction
    68,000 effective health.

all infinity in brutal damage rating.
    all damage/melee/str/dur synergies

here's a screenshot of stats & synergies, as said above it fluctuates this is just with one of my gearsets.
    http://imgur.com/a/yuHpQ

artifacts that work well with this build are
    Gem of the Kursed
    Vibro Smashers
    Ultron Bi-Level Concussion projector
    Sentinel targeting unit
    in lieu of ultron projector and sentinel targeting unit, if you don't have one i'd suggest either white suit jacket or a ziggarut. You want to get brutal damage and brutal strike ideally, durability / str are ok if you can't do that.

Doc Oc Medallion with crit damage or brutal damage rating roll.

aoe rotation:
    Leap twice to get vulnerability rolling, try to spread your leap around to make sure it's on as many people as possible. use roar then hulk smash to kill all the white mobs. With over 10k brutal damage you should 1 shot all white mobs on the screen. If it's a pack of blues/yellows that i want to kill the rotation is a bit different and will be as follows.

single target & burst aoe on elites rotation:
    spread leap vulnerability > Roar to stun everything > Hulk smash to max out anger > use dusters > pummel biggest clump twice > leap again > meteor strike > pummel twice more now that everything is stacked > roar > hulk smash again. wait for just before 2 stacks of pummel to use dusters again and pummel twice

use leap/pummel/smash/roar on CD until meteor is back up then repeat the above rotation, always leap before pummel to ensure weaken is active on target. about 5 seconds before meteor resets save your pummel so you have 2 stacks to use in the rotation. use your punch as filler when everything is on cd.

if you have stats around what i've listed above that should be enough to kill any pack of yellows/blues in 1 full rotation and solo burst bosses down in 15 seconds or so.

With this build you will have Meteor strike on a 30 second cooldown, try to use it as often as possible and have it up for the start of the boss fight if you're soloing ops/DR. it'll be less than 30 seconds if you have a max level nullifier. I personally went axe first and i'm currently leveling my nullifier.

skills
    http://imgur.com/KwmeYXi

talents
    http://imgur.com/3XmzdfJ

Build in action

twitch.tv/videos/151568531

added bonus this is the run i hit level 5 on my axe ;) Enjoy! now to grind that nullifier up.

Needs that Ant-Man synergy... Pfffft slacking!

PSN - Toddrick87
    Streaming Marvel Heroes Omega nightly at - https://www.twitch.tv/ gamezandgainz
    (Remove space before name)

haha ant man is one of the 8 characters i dont have unlocked :P

• EggdwopthoupEggdwopthoup Posts: 23 Mighty

I have to say I tried your build and it's very effective, and most of all a lot of fun. Now if I can only get a Gem of the Kursed to drop, cosmic or otherwise.

@Eggdwopthoup said:
    I have to say I tried your build and it's very effective, and most of all a lot of fun. Now if I can only get a Gem of the Kursed to drop, cosmic or otherwise.

glad you're enjoying it. Good luck on the kurse drop!

• mortamurmortamur Marvel heroes omega Posts: 45 Mighty

The twitch link for me Isn't working do you have a youtube video

Hulk Smash? im usually playing if you see me say hi

@mortamur said:

sure here's one from a couple days ago.

• mortamurmortamur Marvel heroes omega Posts: 45 Mighty

@Ehpic said:

@mortamur said:

sure here's one from a couple days ago.

Thanks

Hulk Smash? im usually playing if you see me say hi

• DoserDoser Tewkesbury, UKPosts: 1,155 Astonishing

Just wanna say thanks for this build. Wanted to give Hulk another blast so tried this last night and was wrecking. Got Nullifier to rank 1 and starting to feel the difference building up Brute Strike

I'll probably main Deadpool... or Hulk... actually no I shall main Nova... or Rocket...
    This is and will be my life for the next undecided amount of time...
    YouTube: The_Doser
    PSN: The_Doser

@Doser said:
    Just wanna say thanks for this build. Wanted to give Hulk another blast so tried this last night and was wrecking. Got Nullifier to rank 1 and starting to feel the difference building up Brute Strike

sweet, 15 second meteor strike once you get nullifier to level 5 almost feels OP ;) have fun!

• DoserDoser Tewkesbury, UKPosts: 1,155 Astonishing

Any reason on high brutal strike if you've already got guaranteed brutals... or is that for the first part of the pummels that only crit prior to the brutal?

I'll probably main Deadpool... or Hulk... actually no I shall main Nova... or Rocket...
    This is and will be my life for the next undecided amount of time...
    YouTube: The_Doser
    PSN: The_Doser

edited July 12

@Doser said:
    Any reason on high brutal strike if you've already got guaranteed brutals... or is that for the first part of the pummels that only crit prior to the brutal?

pummels plus i want meteor strike to brutal as much as possible. with level 5 nullifier it's on a 15 second cooldown and with my stats i've had it brutal for over 2 million

• hazzMAThazzMAT Posts: 156 Incredible
    edited July 14

I'm surprised to see hulks Sig isn't in your build. Can you comment on that? I'm actually just levelling my hulk now.

@hazzMAT said:
    I'm surprised to see hulks Sig isn't in your build. Can you comment on that? I'm actually just levelling my hulk now.

I personally found the damage output from the sig lacking, compared to utilizing Hulk Smash (with guaranteed brut) and meteor strike on a 15 second cooldown. (with level 5 nullifier)

@Ehpic said:

@hazzMAT said:

I personally found the damage output from the sig lacking, compared to utilizing Hulk Smash (with guaranteed brut) and meteor strike on a 15 second cooldown. (with level 5 nullifier)

But wouldn't the damage output be higher than knuckledusters?

@hazzMAT said:

@Ehpic said:

@hazzMAT said:

to be honest i use knuckle dusters for the immunity while it's casting more than for the damage. Doesn't hurt that the aoe damage usually hits for 150k plus the added damage on pummel hits. the knockback on the clap is also quite annoying as it breaks clumps up, when i want things stacked..

if you're comfortable with your survival there's no reason you couldn't drop dusters for sig if you want to. I just like the extra immunities :)

@Ehpic said:

@hazzMAT said:

@Ehpic said:

@hazzMAT said:

to be honest i use knuckle dusters for the immunity while it's casting more than for the damage. Doesn't hurt that the aoe damage usually hits for 150k plus the added damage on pummel hits. the knockback on the clap is also quite annoying as it breaks clumps up, when i want things stacked..

if you're comfortable with your survival there's no reason you couldn't drop dusters for sig if you want to. I just like the extra immunities :)

Ah yes that push back would be a pain. I know I avoid all cosmics with any pushback on dash.

• lxWHITExllxWHITExl Planet HulkPosts: 5 New Agent

Hey Ehpic if you don't mind sharing, I would like to know what stats you have on each piece of gear. Would help me out allot. If you don't want to go through all that trouble I understand.

• Omi43221Omi43221 Posts: 13 Mighty

I had idea for exact same build but was planning on putting a lot more in the anger stat than you. Have you considered trying this?

edited July 18

+anger isn't that great for hulk since most abilities/benefits are percentage based, you actually want your max anger to be low, so it fills faster. At least that's how i understand it.

@Omi43221

@lxWHITExl said:
    Hey Ehpic if you don't mind sharing, I would like to know what stats you have on each piece of gear. Would help me out allot. If you don't want to go through all that trouble I understand.

kind of a pain to take pictures of all my gear but if you want to inspect me sometime just add me on PSN and you can inspect me.

I am on X1 but maybe one day crossplatform will be the norm and won't be a problem :) but that's fine I'll just shot for the base stats you mentioned and trial and error the best spot to get them, thanks a ton for the build tho.

@lxWHITExl said:
    I am on X1 but maybe one day crossplatform will be the norm and won't be a problem :) but that's fine I'll just shot for the base stats you mentioned and trial and error the best spot to get them, thanks a ton for the build tho.

fair enough, if i get time tonight i'll just record a short video going through the gear :)

That would be much appreciated!

• JugamaxxJugamaxx Weapon-X Illinois Posts: 3 New Agent

Just wanted to say thanks for the build having fun with it!