Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

Marvel Heroes Omega

Boss/Patrol Melt Guide

EchosaurusEchosaurus Posts: 22 Mighty

I know that there are build guides on other sites, but I am playing the current patch on Ps4 and the characters guides are usually for the pc version.

Just jumping into specifics:

Powers: Hunter's Blades, Rage of Xiphos, Angelic Smite, Heavenly Charge, Hypnotic Ribbons, Stunning Ichors, Ichor's Wrath, Nothing for Nothing.

Talents:

Wrathful Blade, Wrath of Goddess, Mistress at Arms, Guardian Ribbons, Thirsty Blades.

Infinity:

I would prioritize Power Gem/Strike Through first, then Space Gem/Durability.

Synergies:

Angela, Luke Cage, Moon Knight, Squirrel Girl, War Machine, Hulk, Daredevil, Colossus, Black Widow, She-Hulk (in no particular order except priority on the first two)

Rotation:

Lock on if possible, Angelic Smite to close distance, Rage of Xiphos to build more Wrath, Hit at least once with Hunter's Blades just in case target isn't yet bleeding, Stunning Inchors, Ichor's Wrath.

Hypnotic Ribbons should be used whenever you have it up, need health, or are in between bosses or elites so they attack each other for 2001% damage.

Using Nothing for Nothing can build wrath, contain threats of needed.juat make sure you are locked on to take full advantage, same with Angelic Smite.

When you get Rage of Asgard use either Ichor's Wrath or Stunning Ichors depending on where your target is. Ichor's wrath overall does more damage, and can hit in an arc so prioritize it.

Gear:
Prioritize anything with brutal strike damage rating. Both "Ichors" attacks always brutal strike, so this build utilizes that. Durability is next followed by melee/base damage/etc.

Cosmics:

Catalyst: I recommend damage shield over damage rating for survivability because she's pretty squishy even with durability bonuses. Mystic is of course the revive.

Ring: Cosmic Stacking for extra damage or air juggle for the utility.

Everything else: I really like invulnerability on her followed by 800 bonus damage rating. Cosmic blasts aren't the most useful on Angela because half your attacks will be doing 200-300k damage anyway.

Medallion: Gordon and Doc Oc are great for her. I prefer Gordon with brutal damage affix for the extra utility and the vulnerability status.

Artifacts:

Recalibrated S.H.I.E.L.D Protection Sphere is amazing on her.

Advanced Phoenix feather is a hood choice of you have survivability problems.

Rhino's Indestructible Horn works well on her as well.

These are based on personal preference but remember to look for the brutal damage affix.

Thanks for reading, and I wrote this on my phone so I apologize for any formatting errors.

Comments

• CaledroCaledro New ZealandPosts: 11 Mighty

You sir are a GOD! I just completed Cosmic today and was so surprised at how OP she was in there. Started doing CosMid and really love her utilities. Your guide is awesome. I will definitely be following your guidelines so I can enjoy her even more. Thank you!

• EchosaurusEchosaurus Posts: 22 Mighty

I'm sorry but I forgot to mention that the legendary I like most for her is the Ultimate Nullifier for the burst/brutal damage.

Other options are the M'Kraan Crystal for the added health and wrath, or the Savage Ave of Ares if you felt like giving a bump to your overall attack rating and basic attacks.

• MrNoodlesworthMrNoodlesworth Posts: 22 Mighty

This is awesome. Seriously thank you. It's good to see some actual builds posted on the site. One thing that I mentioned in the possible artifacts for her is that lizards formula has been really good on her if you can get your hands on one. Just as another possibility for artifact choice. I need to try rhinos horn on her now though lol.

Thank you for the feedback! I love comparing and contrasting different ideas. Hopefully this site will receive a little more activity once the game is officially released. :smiley:

• VakaliVakali True Believer CAPosts: 213 Amazing

What about the golden mace for legendary? I know rank 4 hand to hand is useless but I like some offense with some def in it overall. Wish it was melee crit.

I like the final stacking defensive and melee damage bonuses.

If you wanted more defense and attack you could always choose Red Muramasa Blade. If you have guardian ribbons on the over half your attacks will proc bleed, so get the +2000 damage boost. Also gives you deflect.

The legendaries are affixed to focus on one specific area, and there really isn't a good combination of attack and defense.

If you felt too squishy Shield of Perseus is a great choice. You get lots of health, every defensive type, 20% boost on top of that for two of them, and the rank 5 ability that gives you more damage and utility. Turning all enemies to stone, dealing damage, and giving you 10% bonus on every damage type for 5 seconds is huge.

Yeah the defensive stack caught my attention, and with the synergies that increase def % that could be a really nice bonus. Just curious what those numbers would turn out to be.

• IsaachumIsaachum Posts: 31 Mighty
    edited June 17

What are your brutes looking like?

Have you chosen a relic yet?

Complete Relic of Asgard. Wakanda works if you want the extra survivability, but straight power works for me because of her healing and the med kit/shield.

edited June 23

@Isaachum said:
    What are your brutes looking like?

I'm getting 300-400k on every hit.
    Still need a lot of work on my legendary at this point- I have been building up my colossus trying to get his to level two.

Edit: Paid attention to it today, highest I saw so far was 501,000 (lvl 1 legendary)

edited June 17

@Vakali said:
    Yeah the defensive stack caught my attention, and with the synergies that increase def % that could be a really nice bonus. Just curious what those numbers would turn out to be.

So all defensive attributes have a hard cap, but I don't know specifically what it is on consoles. So on my equipment I just gear towards brutal damage and speed. That way you get bumps in dodge rating, while also boosting your damage ratings by 4% for each point. Only half my gear is loaded the way I ultimately want right now, but I still have a +112% bonus.

Edit: So the best piece of cosmic gear that I have equipped right now is:
    +5.2‰ Damage Reduction
    +3600 Health
    +2666 Brutal Damage Rating
    20% to create a damage shield that absorbs 3675 damage within 8s when attacked
    +720 Rating vs Bosses

• Albion74Albion74 Posts: 19 Mighty

Thx for this thread. Bought Angela yesterday and the posts here are very useful. B)

@Albion74 said:
    Thx for this thread. Bought Angela yesterday and the posts here are very useful. B)

My pleasure. :smile:

• VystrallVystrall LouisianaPosts: 43 Mighty
    edited June 27

I am using this build, but I have a couple of questions.

First, what stats are people preferring with her? I feel like I've hit a hard wall. My Brutal strike damage is over 15k, but I feel like I'm still lacking in damage. I see people saying their brutals are hitting for 300-500k and I do good to see over 300k. I have my base damage at 164%. I don't know what else I'm missing.

Second question is, anyone else not impressed with nothing for nothing? I have been having better results using the move that grants 150 heven's wrath on a 4.5 second CD (forgot the name).

Thanks for any advice and responses. Angela is now going to be my main. I'm about to start prestiging her once I get a couple more characters to 60 for the experience boost. She is a lot of fun, and my favorite part of her is her back story. I didn't know much about her, but I have thoroughly enjoyed learning about her.

edited June 27

@Vystrall said:

First, what stats are people preferring with her? I feel like I've hit a hard wall. My Brutal strike damage is over 15k, but I feel like I'm still lacking in damage. I see people saying their brutals are hitting for 300-500k and I do good to see over 300k. I have my base damage at 164%. I don't know what else I'm missing.

Second question is, anyone else not impressed with nothing for nothing? I have been having better results using the move that grants 150 heven's wrath on a 4.5 second CD (forgot the name).

Thanks for any advice and responses. Angela is now going to be my main. I'm about to start prestiging her once I get a couple more characters to 60 for the experience boost. She is a lot of fun, and my favorite part of her is her back story. I didn't know much about her, but I have thoroughly enjoyed learning about her.

If you're not seeing the big numbers it could be the order of your attacks. Having the enemies bleeding/vulnerable plus her attacks with the talents I listed do extra damage. Nothing for Nothing is helpful when you have the Gorgon Amulet or any other that relies on signature powers such as Doom. Just depends on how you play her. If you prefer her other moves just go with them,because in the end you want to have the best experience for you. :smile:

@Echosaurus said:

@Vystrall said:

If you're not seeing the big numbers it could be the order of your attacks. Having the enemies bleeding/vulnerable plus her attacks with the talents I listed do extra damage. Nothing for Nothing is helpful when you have the Gorgon Amulet or any other that relies on signature powers such as Doom. Just depends on how you play her. If you prefer her other moves just go with them,because in the end you want to have the best experience for you. :smile:

I'm making sure they are bleeding. I must be missing some other kind if stats somewhere. I am using Gorgons but only because it's the only medallion I can manage to get with brutal rating on it. I'm really frustrated with the stats in this game because the UI is poorly designed. I've basically only been stacking brutal damage rating, durability, and melee damage rating in that order. I'm wondering if I haven't hit diminishing returns on some sort. Anyway, thank you for the prompt response! Cheers!

• ButteryCarlButteryCarl Posts: 4 New Agent
    edited July 3

Great guide, but i might recommend a different rotation?
    Well atleast a different spender once you have rage of asgard procced, spam rage of xiphos i currently get 4-5 strikes out and it does way more burst damage then my brutals even with level 1 legendary and brutal damage slotted on almost every gear item.

Edit: if that was clear i get 4-5 cast of rage of xiphos out sometimes 6 depending on rng and its a little over a the 600k-1m mark depends on crits etc.

@ButteryCarl said:
    Well atleast a different spender once you have rage of asgard procced, spam rage of xiphos i currently get 4-5 strikes out and it does way more burst damage then my brutals even with level 1 legendary and brutal damage slotted on almost every gear item.

Edit: if that was clear i get 4-5 cast of rage of xiphos out sometimes 6 depending on rng and its a little over a the 600k-1m mark depends on crits etc.

Although this seems plausible with the right amount of crit hit chance and brute hit chance, right now I usually get off 5 Ichor's Wrath which do at least 300k each if the boss has any damage taken and bleeding. Towards the end of their health bar mine hit for mid 400ks to the occasional 500k due to the execute mechanic. I think the overall rotation here is solid. Only think I am still not sold on is her signature.

• ButteryCarlButteryCarl Posts: 4 New Agent

@Vystrall said:

@ButteryCarl said:

Although this seems plausible with the right amount of crit hit chance and brute hit chance, right now I usually get off 5 Ichor's Wrath which do at least 300k each if the boss has any damage taken and bleeding. Towards the end of their health bar mine hit for mid 400ks to the occasional 500k due to the execute mechanic. I think the overall rotation here is solid. Only think I am still not sold on is her signature.

Her signature to me is used only as a heal i use the axe talent and use it to heal from what i noticed it doesnt leap anymore with that talent and doesnt start cool down till you use all three uses.

• HolyZeroHolyZero Posts: 260 Amazing

Hey guys and gals, new to the game. Just got Angela to level 60 and finished cosmic trial (second try! :smile:) I have some questions..

1:) Are Stunning Ichor and Ichor's wrath considered cooldown or melee?
    2:) What stats are priority? Durability/Speed/Brut Damage/Melee damage?
    3:) What is the best place to farm items? Patrols? I have a Gorgon medallion with brutal damage.
    4:) Can I reset a story instance? I want to farm Doc Ock for his medallion but I kill him once a day and can't do it again. :(

@HolyZero said:
    Hey guys and gals, new to the game. Just got Angela to level 60 and finished cosmic trial (second try! :smile:) I have some questions..

1:) Are Stunning Ichor and Ichor's wrath considered cooldown or melee?
    2:) What stats are priority? Durability/Speed/Brut Damage/Melee damage?
    3:) What is the best place to farm items? Patrols? I have a Gorgon medallion with brutal damage.
    4:) Can I reset a story instance? I want to farm Doc Ock for his medallion but I kill him once a day and can't do it again. :(

1) Both are cooldown, but Wrath is melee and Stunning is ranged. You can check by looking above the skill in the menu. It has all damage types that apply to a move listed.
    2) I am still on the fence about this. I've hit a wall stacking brutal damage. Since Angela has two moves that are guaranteed critical, it drastically changes how you prioritize stats. I would recommend focusing you main stat on durability though as Angela can be squishy. Try to get at least 100% base damage while stacking brutal damage rating. Someone could correct me on this. I may be off. I'm still playing with her stats a bit.
    3) Patrols are the best for cosmic gear. For artifacts and medallions, operations are your best choice. Make sure to do the extra bounties in the operations.
    4) No you can't replay the story, but you can get the Doc Ock medallion from running the Kingpin's Warehouse operation.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Thank you!

1:) I have about 1800 Cooldown DMG stuff on, my bonus damage is 160% and I have 13.4k Brutal damage, my Ichors do about 300k near the end of a bosses life in a patrol. Should I reduce my primary stats and push crit damage and brutal damage? I feel like my damage is low. Idk. :(
    2:) I do not currently have a Brutal Nullifier legendary, does this item increase your damage quite a bit?

Thank you again!

@HolyZero said:
    2:) I do not currently have a Brutal Nullifier legendary, does this item increase your damage quite a bit?

Oh yeah.

@HolyZero said:
    Thank you!

1:) I have about 1800 Cooldown DMG stuff on, my bonus damage is 160% and I have 13.4k Brutal damage, my Ichors do about 300k near the end of a bosses life in a patrol. Should I reduce my primary stats and push crit damage and brutal damage? I feel like my damage is low. Idk. :(

Thank you again!

1) like I said, I'm on the fence with stats. I'm still play testing. I have 18k brutal damage with 10k crit damage and 200% base damage and I rarely get a hit above 410k. To me, it seems like diminishing returns are in play. I'm trying different adjustments to gear and comparing it with the raid dummy. I will update with whatever I find. So far, I haven't been able to find anything that significantly increases damage out put.
    2) yes get that legendary.

1:) Oh my god, I never realized there was a target dummy. Time to do some testing! :smiley:
    2:) Thanks! I'm a free player ATM, so I'll spend a day off grinding legendary quests to get it.

I'm currently using the build in this guide, what talents and skills is everyone using? I personally switched out one of the talents to reduce hypnotic ribbons CD. Its such a big part of the toolkit.

@HolyZero said:
    1:) Oh my god, I never realized there was a target dummy. Time to do some testing! :smiley:
    2:) Thanks! I'm a free player ATM, so I'll spend a day off grinding legendary quests to get it.

I'm currently using the build in this guide, what talents and skills is everyone using? I personally switched out one of the talents to reduce hypnotic ribbons CD. Its such a big part of the toolkit.

I've been using the build here except the signature. My target dummy time decreased by almost 30 seconds by replacing the signature with the the ability that generates 150 heven's wrath (I can never remember the name. She just stabs in front of her). While you lose some utility and it's absolutely situational as the dummy does not move, it does build your heven's wrath faster so that you can spam Ichor's Wrath. Ribbons already has a very low CD (to the point I actually think it may see a slight nerf). I think using the talent to decrease it further is a bit of a waste. That's just my opinion though. If it helps you, by all means. Everyone is going to play a little differently.

• AManHasNoNameAManHasNoName mentat.goldenpath@gmail.comPosts: 960 Amazing

So what is her BIS for legendary? Nullifier? Does she have guaranteed brut strikes?

Stunning Ichor and Ichor's Wrath are both guaranteed brutal. I personally went with Nullifier.

On a side note I found a way to farm story instances? It allows 5-6 attempts at a cosmic medallion an hour. Because I got impatient doing Doc Ock once a day only (operation drop rate seems terrible), I found if you log out for 8-10 min, when you log back in you can do a fresh run on whichever story bosses you want a medallion for. Not perfect, but handy.

• DasBrandoDasBrando Posts: 4 New Agent

@HolyZero said:
    On a side note I found a way to farm story instances? It allows 5-6 attempts at a cosmic medallion an hour. Because I got impatient doing Doc Ock once a day only (operation drop rate seems terrible), I found if you log out for 8-10 min, when you log back in you can do a fresh run on whichever story bosses you want a medallion for. Not perfect, but handy.

You can do that about infinity times faster by just switching heroes in your roster.