Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

Marvel Heroes Omega

Thor's Gear....and WOW

NecroshanNecroshan FloridaPosts: 104 Incredible

So, I have 8 level 60s atm. Iceman and Ghost Rider are very well geared with Iceman Legendary at level 3 and GR at 2. They are both fun but I wanted a melee Hero so decided to level Thor.

Got him to 60 today and legendary (Shield) at level 1. Finished the cosmic trial on the third try. WOW is he fun and hits like a truck with gear that is not very optimized. He feel a bit squishy but not bad and once I have the Shield leveled to 3 he should be beefy. Im even considering manning him he has been that fun.

So, my question to you guys who have been playing him more what stats are you looking for in gear? Im thinking crit/brut with some deflect or defense. Also, what Artifacts and Medallions? Just curious as to what you guys are using. His hybrid style of melee, range is fun as my Sig is hitting for 700k Brut in mediocre gear, just amazing.

Comments

  • BropolloCreedBropolloCreed The Chiss AscendancyPosts: 1,441 Astonishing

    @Necroshan said:
    So, my question to you guys who have been playing him more what stats are you looking for in gear? Im thinking crit/brut with some deflect or defense. Also, what Artifacts and Medallions? Just curious as to what you guys are using. His hybrid style of melee, range is fun as my Sig is hitting for 700k Brut in mediocre gear, just amazing.

    At the Cosmic gear level, anything with +5 Strength or +5 Energy should be your priority. Both attributes increase his damage by 4% per attribute point.

    After that, I'm looking at anything that boosts his health pool or regeneration. Odinforce isn't an issue with a cooldown based build. Attack Speed is another one I'm a big fan of. There's diminishing returns after a certain point, but the lumbering ox that Thor is benefits greatly from even minor increases in speed--his leaping powers in particular.

    "#NEVERJubilee"

    Level 6 Alcoholism

  • DoserDoser Tewkesbury, UKPosts: 1,721 Astonishing

    Erm depends on the talents... as usually can do part main stat and go for crit and brutal.

    I'll probably main Deadpool... or Hulk... actually no I shall main Nova... or Rocket...
    This is and will be my life for the next undecided amount of time...
    YouTube: The_Doser
    PSN: The_Doser

  • taconightpsntaconightpsn Posts: 132 Incredible

    Here I was ready to take a break and now I gotta buy Thor.

  • NecroshanNecroshan FloridaPosts: 104 Incredible

    So, after getting the Shield of Perseus to level 3 Thor has quickly become my favorite for cosmic farming. He is very tanky and hits extremely hard. Happy i took the time to gear him out.

  • RossiferRossifer Covert Gulf CoastPosts: 341 Amazing

    @Necroshan said:
    So, after getting the Shield of Perseus to level 3 Thor has quickly become my favorite for cosmic farming. He is very tanky and hits extremely hard. Happy i took the time to gear him out.

    I have been trying figure who I want to level next and you may have solved the problem for me. Thanks, dude.

    PSN: Goosimus_Prime

  • BropolloCreedBropolloCreed The Chiss AscendancyPosts: 1,441 Astonishing

    @Rossifer said:
    I have been trying figure who I want to level next and you may have solved the problem for me. Thanks, dude.

    Do it. You won't regret it. Thor takes a bit of skill to use effectively (not like the big green mongoloid, who you can press random buttons with and smash everything), but he's worth it. Easily the most fun out of the ten or so heroes I've used.

    "#NEVERJubilee"

    Level 6 Alcoholism

  • TitusVorenusTitusVorenus Posts: 245 Amazing

    @BropolloCreed said:

    @Rossifer said:
    I have been trying figure who I want to level next and you may have solved the problem for me. Thanks, dude.

    Do it. You won't regret it. Thor takes a bit of skill to use effectively (not like the big green mongoloid, who you can press random buttons with and smash everything), but he's worth it. Easily the most fun out of the ten or so heroes I've used.

    The "green mongoloid" is my main but you're not wrong, Thor is an absolute blast and can melt cosmic content.

  • BropolloCreedBropolloCreed The Chiss AscendancyPosts: 1,441 Astonishing

    @TitusVorenus said:

    @BropolloCreed said:

    @Rossifer said:
    I have been trying figure who I want to level next and you may have solved the problem for me. Thanks, dude.

    Do it. You won't regret it. Thor takes a bit of skill to use effectively (not like the big green mongoloid, who you can press random buttons with and smash everything), but he's worth it. Easily the most fun out of the ten or so heroes I've used.

    The "green mongoloid" is my main but you're not wrong, Thor is an absolute blast and can melt cosmic content.

    I don't dislike Hulk. In many ways he's the best character for a new player to use, due to his simplicity. He is effective at clearing content, and he isn't hampered by resource management issues.

    I would never recommend Thor to a new player: a lot of his builds require skill and careful timing/knowledge, which can be tedious, or engaging, depending on the user.

    He's also a bit of a sissy boy in terms of TTL early on. He rounds out nicely, but those first 12 levels or so... yeesh.

    "#NEVERJubilee"

    Level 6 Alcoholism

  • TitusVorenusTitusVorenus Posts: 245 Amazing

    yeah when first leveling thor I hated him, glad I stuck with him though

  • hazzMAThazzMAT Posts: 252 Amazing

    100 percent base damage
    3500 crit hit and brute hit (ish)
    4k crit damage as much brute damage as you can get.

    Aa for defense maybe go with a defensive relic and a defensive ring or some artifacts. But once properly geared you won't need to worry about it. I use mkraan and I almost never die.

    Also, I'd recommend a cybernetic implant and some infinity points in spirit.

  • BropolloCreedBropolloCreed The Chiss AscendancyPosts: 1,441 Astonishing

    @hazzMAT said:
    100 percent base damage
    3500 crit hit and brute hit (ish)
    4k crit damage as much brute damage as you can get.

    Aa for defense maybe go with a defensive relic and a defensive ring or some artifacts. But once properly geared you won't need to worry about it. I use mkraan and I almost never die.

    Also, I'd recommend a cybernetic implant and some infinity points in spirit.

    It's not bad, but I'm partial to the Advanced Arc reactor

    "#NEVERJubilee"

    Level 6 Alcoholism

  • hazzMAThazzMAT Posts: 252 Amazing
    edited August 15

    @BropolloCreed

    Improved arc reactor is great for the extra spirit although since the point of Thor is to run down his spirit to zero before refilling (and quickly) you'd almost constantly be getting the damage boost from the implant.

    I feel improved arc reactor is better for heroes like iron man and war machine who also benefit base damage from suit power.

    Keep in mind Thor only needs enough spirit to sustain his rotation so he's not waiting for a generator skill to come off cooldown. Any more is almost a waste because the generator abilities do great damage anyways

  • kenshyn2k10kenshyn2k10 TexasPosts: 309 Amazing

    Man I had such a hard time with Thor in Cosmic I swear he was the definition of glass canon for me. Did punisher and Nova the other day was a pure breeze Thor however would drop 55k in hit points in a blink of a eye I couldn't even complete the trial until I added a bunch of stealth and catalyst with cosmic shield smdh... I must doing something so wrong lol....

    Not on Your life.......
    Kenshyn AKA Bishop AKA 2AG (The Original Old A$$ Gamer)

    I like big A$$ numbers and I can not lie
    You other brothers can't deny
    When you see those big A$$ numbers it puts a smile on your face.......

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/169029219

  • TitusVorenusTitusVorenus Posts: 245 Amazing

    @kenshyn2k10 said:
    Man I had such a hard time with Thor in Cosmic I swear he was the definition of glass canon for me. Did punisher and Nova the other day was a pure breeze Thor however would drop 55k in hit points in a blink of a eye I couldn't even complete the trial until I added a bunch of stealth and catalyst with cosmic shield smdh... I must doing something so wrong lol....

    I passed on my second attempt, think I used @TonyBing s build to get me through cosmic. Check it out for sure.

  • kenshyn2k10kenshyn2k10 TexasPosts: 309 Amazing

    I finally got it just a bit frustrated at how easy Punisher could take a beating stand toe to toe and I had Thor running in and out screaming like a little girl as his hp dropped like a rock. You think it would be the other way so as Hulk stated puny God...

    Not on Your life.......
    Kenshyn AKA Bishop AKA 2AG (The Original Old A$$ Gamer)

    I like big A$$ numbers and I can not lie
    You other brothers can't deny
    When you see those big A$$ numbers it puts a smile on your face.......

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/169029219

  • TitusVorenusTitusVorenus Posts: 245 Amazing

    @kenshyn2k10 said:
    I finally got it just a bit frustrated at how easy Punisher could take a beating stand toe to toe and I had Thor running in and out screaming like a little girl as his hp dropped like a rock. You think it would be the other way so as Hulk stated puny God...

    once you get some gear he is one of the most fun characters to play in the game, just have to get him out of that initial squish zone.

  • kenshyn2k10kenshyn2k10 TexasPosts: 309 Amazing

    @TitusVorenus said:

    @kenshyn2k10 said:
    I finally got it just a bit frustrated at how easy Punisher could take a beating stand toe to toe and I had Thor running in and out screaming like a little girl as his hp dropped like a rock. You think it would be the other way so as Hulk stated puny God...

    once you get some gear he is one of the most fun characters to play in the game, just have to get him out of that initial squish zone.

    Cool I already have started his cosmic patrols runs in midtown to get his 5s on it.....

    Not on Your life.......
    Kenshyn AKA Bishop AKA 2AG (The Original Old A$$ Gamer)

    I like big A$$ numbers and I can not lie
    You other brothers can't deny
    When you see those big A$$ numbers it puts a smile on your face.......

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/169029219

  • TheDoc12TheDoc12 Posts: 7 New Agent

    @kenshyn2k10 said:
    I finally got it just a bit frustrated at how easy Punisher could take a beating stand toe to toe and I had Thor running in and out screaming like a little girl as his hp dropped like a rock. You think it would be the other way so as Hulk stated puny God...

    Haha I know what you mean. Out of the several characters or so that I have gotten to 60 he has easily been the squishiest.
    He is very gear dependent IMO

  • BropolloCreedBropolloCreed The Chiss AscendancyPosts: 1,441 Astonishing

    @kenshyn2k10 said:

    @TitusVorenus said:

    @kenshyn2k10 said:
    I finally got it just a bit frustrated at how easy Punisher could take a beating stand toe to toe and I had Thor running in and out screaming like a little girl as his hp dropped like a rock. You think it would be the other way so as Hulk stated puny God...

    once you get some gear he is one of the most fun characters to play in the game, just have to get him out of that initial squish zone.

    Cool I already have started his cosmic patrols runs in midtown to get his 5s on it.....

    Toss a complete Defense Relic on him. It makes a HUGE difference.

    "#NEVERJubilee"

    Level 6 Alcoholism

  • TitusVorenusTitusVorenus Posts: 245 Amazing

    @BropolloCreed said:

    @kenshyn2k10 said:

    @TitusVorenus said:

    @kenshyn2k10 said:
    I finally got it just a bit frustrated at how easy Punisher could take a beating stand toe to toe and I had Thor running in and out screaming like a little girl as his hp dropped like a rock. You think it would be the other way so as Hulk stated puny God...

    once you get some gear he is one of the most fun characters to play in the game, just have to get him out of that initial squish zone.

    Cool I already have started his cosmic patrols runs in midtown to get his 5s on it.....

    Toss a complete Defense Relic on him. It makes a HUGE difference.

    Agreed, I have the Def relic and put an extra 20% Def with inf. points.

    Can't get one shot anymore and thats all that matters!

  • kenshyn2k10kenshyn2k10 TexasPosts: 309 Amazing

    @BropolloCreed said:

    @kenshyn2k10 said:

    @TitusVorenus said:

    @kenshyn2k10 said:
    I finally got it just a bit frustrated at how easy Punisher could take a beating stand toe to toe and I had Thor running in and out screaming like a little girl as his hp dropped like a rock. You think it would be the other way so as Hulk stated puny God...

    once you get some gear he is one of the most fun characters to play in the game, just have to get him out of that initial squish zone.

    Cool I already have started his cosmic patrols runs in midtown to get his 5s on it.....

    Toss a complete Defense Relic on him. It makes a HUGE difference.

    Oh man have to use a defense relic so against my glass canon nature but you can't dps if your dead ugh lol.

    Not on Your life.......
    Kenshyn AKA Bishop AKA 2AG (The Original Old A$$ Gamer)

    I like big A$$ numbers and I can not lie
    You other brothers can't deny
    When you see those big A$$ numbers it puts a smile on your face.......

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/169029219

  • BropolloCreedBropolloCreed The Chiss AscendancyPosts: 1,441 Astonishing

    @kenshyn2k10 said:

    Oh man have to use a defense relic so against my glass canon nature but you can't dps if your dead ugh lol.

    I mean, you don't HAVE to, but the Shield of Perseus seems like such a waste. His Hybrid Build does bonkers damage, but there's no relic that can augment it. The only other option, realistically, is Gibborum to boost his Odinforce pool.

    Use a Legendary that boosts his DPS, and fill in the gaps with gear.

    "#NEVERJubilee"

    Level 6 Alcoholism

  • kenshyn2k10kenshyn2k10 TexasPosts: 309 Amazing

    I w> @BropolloCreed said:

    @kenshyn2k10 said:

    Oh man have to use a defense relic so against my glass canon nature but you can't dps if your dead ugh lol.

    I mean, you don't HAVE to, but the Shield of Perseus seems like such a waste. His Hybrid Build does bonkers damage, but there's no relic that can augment it. The only other option, realistically, is Gibborum to boost his Odinforce pool.

    Use a Legendary that boosts his DPS, and fill in the gaps with gear.

    I started looking at the mace maybe have to see if he has any hand 2 hand skills lol.

    Not on Your life.......
    Kenshyn AKA Bishop AKA 2AG (The Original Old A$$ Gamer)

    I like big A$$ numbers and I can not lie
    You other brothers can't deny
    When you see those big A$$ numbers it puts a smile on your face.......

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/169029219

  • crainstylecrainstyle Posts: 239 Amazing

    @BropolloCreed said:

    @kenshyn2k10 said:

    Oh man have to use a defense relic so against my glass canon nature but you can't dps if your dead ugh lol.

    I mean, you don't HAVE to, but the Shield of Perseus seems like such a waste. His Hybrid Build does bonkers damage, but there's no relic that can augment it. The only other option, realistically, is Gibborum to boost his Odinforce pool.

    Use a Legendary that boosts his DPS, and fill in the gaps with gear.

    I maxed out Twilight and then Perseus for Thor just to make sure I was covered for DPS or defense as the situation called for. Then I realized what a bad joke cosmic drops are.

Sign In or Register to comment.