Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

Marvel Heroes Omega
The Marvel Heroes Omega XB1 and PS4 servers should now be back online. A 10% Experience Bonus will be active until 11:59 PM (PDT) Sunday (8/20) to help make up for the unexpected connectivity issues. Thank you for your patience!

Thor's Gear....and WOW

NecroshanNecroshan FloridaPosts: 88 Mighty

So, I have 8 level 60s atm. Iceman and Ghost Rider are very well geared with Iceman Legendary at level 3 and GR at 2. They are both fun but I wanted a melee Hero so decided to level Thor.

Got him to 60 today and legendary (Shield) at level 1. Finished the cosmic trial on the third try. WOW is he fun and hits like a truck with gear that is not very optimized. He feel a bit squishy but not bad and once I have the Shield leveled to 3 he should be beefy. Im even considering manning him he has been that fun.

So, my question to you guys who have been playing him more what stats are you looking for in gear? Im thinking crit/brut with some deflect or defense. Also, what Artifacts and Medallions? Just curious as to what you guys are using. His hybrid style of melee, range is fun as my Sig is hitting for 700k Brut in mediocre gear, just amazing.

Comments

• BropolloCreedBropolloCreed The Chiss AscendancyPosts: 852 Amazing

@Necroshan said:
    So, my question to you guys who have been playing him more what stats are you looking for in gear? Im thinking crit/brut with some deflect or defense. Also, what Artifacts and Medallions? Just curious as to what you guys are using. His hybrid style of melee, range is fun as my Sig is hitting for 700k Brut in mediocre gear, just amazing.

At the Cosmic gear level, anything with +5 Strength or +5 Energy should be your priority. Both attributes increase his damage by 4% per attribute point.

After that, I'm looking at anything that boosts his health pool or regeneration. Odinforce isn't an issue with a cooldown based build. Attack Speed is another one I'm a big fan of. There's diminishing returns after a certain point, but the lumbering ox that Thor is benefits greatly from even minor increases in speed--his leaping powers in particular.

"#NEVERJubilee"

"#DieGambitDie"

• DoserDoser Tewkesbury, UKPosts: 1,342 Astonishing

Erm depends on the talents... as usually can do part main stat and go for crit and brutal.

I'll probably main Deadpool... or Hulk... actually no I shall main Nova... or Rocket...
    This is and will be my life for the next undecided amount of time...
    YouTube: The_Doser
    PSN: The_Doser

• taconightpsntaconightpsn Posts: 132 Incredible

Here I was ready to take a break and now I gotta buy Thor.

• NecroshanNecroshan FloridaPosts: 88 Mighty

So, after getting the Shield of Perseus to level 3 Thor has quickly become my favorite for cosmic farming. He is very tanky and hits extremely hard. Happy i took the time to gear him out.

• RossiferRossifer Covert Gulf CoastPosts: 313 Amazing

@Necroshan said:
    So, after getting the Shield of Perseus to level 3 Thor has quickly become my favorite for cosmic farming. He is very tanky and hits extremely hard. Happy i took the time to gear him out.

I have been trying figure who I want to level next and you may have solved the problem for me. Thanks, dude.

PSN: Goosimus_Prime

@Rossifer said:
    I have been trying figure who I want to level next and you may have solved the problem for me. Thanks, dude.

Do it. You won't regret it. Thor takes a bit of skill to use effectively (not like the big green mongoloid, who you can press random buttons with and smash everything), but he's worth it. Easily the most fun out of the ten or so heroes I've used.

"#NEVERJubilee"

"#DieGambitDie"

• TitusVorenusTitusVorenus Posts: 49 Mighty

@BropolloCreed said:

@Rossifer said:

Do it. You won't regret it. Thor takes a bit of skill to use effectively (not like the big green mongoloid, who you can press random buttons with and smash everything), but he's worth it. Easily the most fun out of the ten or so heroes I've used.

The "green mongoloid" is my main but you're not wrong, Thor is an absolute blast and can melt cosmic content.

@TitusVorenus said:

@BropolloCreed said:

@Rossifer said:

The "green mongoloid" is my main but you're not wrong, Thor is an absolute blast and can melt cosmic content.

I don't dislike Hulk. In many ways he's the best character for a new player to use, due to his simplicity. He is effective at clearing content, and he isn't hampered by resource management issues.

I would never recommend Thor to a new player: a lot of his builds require skill and careful timing/knowledge, which can be tedious, or engaging, depending on the user.

He's also a bit of a sissy boy in terms of TTL early on. He rounds out nicely, but those first 12 levels or so... yeesh.

"#NEVERJubilee"

"#DieGambitDie"

• TitusVorenusTitusVorenus Posts: 49 Mighty

yeah when first leveling thor I hated him, glad I stuck with him though

• hazzMAThazzMAT Posts: 211 Amazing

100 percent base damage
    3500 crit hit and brute hit (ish)
    4k crit damage as much brute damage as you can get.

Aa for defense maybe go with a defensive relic and a defensive ring or some artifacts. But once properly geared you won't need to worry about it. I use mkraan and I almost never die.

Also, I'd recommend a cybernetic implant and some infinity points in spirit.

@hazzMAT said:
    100 percent base damage
    3500 crit hit and brute hit (ish)
    4k crit damage as much brute damage as you can get.

Aa for defense maybe go with a defensive relic and a defensive ring or some artifacts. But once properly geared you won't need to worry about it. I use mkraan and I almost never die.

Also, I'd recommend a cybernetic implant and some infinity points in spirit.

It's not bad, but I'm partial to the Advanced Arc reactor

"#NEVERJubilee"

"#DieGambitDie"

• hazzMAThazzMAT Posts: 211 Amazing
    edited August 15

@BropolloCreed

Improved arc reactor is great for the extra spirit although since the point of Thor is to run down his spirit to zero before refilling (and quickly) you'd almost constantly be getting the damage boost from the implant.

I feel improved arc reactor is better for heroes like iron man and war machine who also benefit base damage from suit power.

Keep in mind Thor only needs enough spirit to sustain his rotation so he's not waiting for a generator skill to come off cooldown. Any more is almost a waste because the generator abilities do great damage anyways

• kenshyn2k10kenshyn2k10 TexasPosts: 28 Mighty

Man I had such a hard time with Thor in Cosmic I swear he was the definition of glass canon for me. Did punisher and Nova the other day was a pure breeze Thor however would drop 55k in hit points in a blink of a eye I couldn't even complete the trial until I added a bunch of stealth and catalyst with cosmic shield smdh... I must doing something so wrong lol....