Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

Marvel Heroes Omega

Cyclops Feedback Thread

Hey folks,

This thread is specifically for any Cyclops feedback you may want to share with the developers based on your experience during Closed Beta.

If you’re unsure what type of feedback to offer, here are some questions to think about based on your experience with this hero:

• Were there any powers that you found yourself preferring over other powers, or any powers that you disliked using? What about those powers did you find yourself liking or disliking compared to other powers?

• Were there any powers that weren’t clear or didn’t work like you expected after reading the power’s tooltip?

• Were there any powers that you felt were particularly difficult to use with the gamepad controls?

• If you have reached a high enough level to unlock Talents for this hero, were there any Talents that you found too powerful, or too weak relative to other Talents in that tier?

• While leveling and unlocking new powers, were there powers that you felt should have unlocked earlier in level progression? In the earliest levels, did you feel that you were lacking a specific type of power that made leveling that hero less fun (such as not having enough area-of-effect powers to deal with groups, not having enough single target powers to effectively fight more dangerous boss enemies, etc)?

• How did you feel about the hero’s resource usage? Were you having difficulty maintaining resources, or felt like you always had too much resource and not enough ways to use it?

These are just some ideas to consider - you’re welcome to share any kind of feedback you feel is worth telling us!

Note that if you encountered any outright bugs with this hero, please feel free to report those issues here in the Bug Report forums:

Please put [Cyclops] at the start of your thread subject when reporting bugs for this hero specifically so it is easier for our developers to collect and assess your bug reports more quickly. You can check out our Bug Report Formatting thread for more information on the best way to report any bugs you may encounter during Closed Beta:

Thanks!

Comments

• djgeniusvidjgeniusvi your favorite nightclubPosts: 336 Amazing

Cyclops doesn't have an all beam loadout that is viable...and that is very disappointing...plz address this...

and I'd rather him have the option to call his teammates out as temporary summons, than as cooldown powers

• wrath1978wrath1978 Posts: 3 New Agent

played as Cyclops last night, as well as star lord and it occurred to me for both,

Its a bit daft when someone comes in real close, you dont just punch them, just
    use the rangerd ability?
    to stand there, shooting them up close with eye beams, or pistols (any weapon), is daft.
    Cyclops and Hawkeye both have some good fighting skills , and introducing a a low damage punch or shove, will make it seem more realisitic.
    if if its a carbon cop of Kitty Prides or Logans strikes, the effect will feel better, than just zap zap zap, and only within a certain range to.

His first roll away is ridiculous, mega combat roll forward of immense speed, i find the animation for calling in beast would be better suited, a swift leap aside then continue fighting. Cyclops is not super strong, so having a believable doge or or move away will sit better.

having this after a quick 1-2/shove, could be effective, and using the blue power bar to represent a 'stamina' usage perhaps?

on occasion summoning iceman would not see him, just his ice patch turns up.

using the constant eye blast, second big one you unlock, and on occasion when i fire it, cant see the beam going screen, if i stop and go again, can be seen.
    cant be lag as it was just me and one other player on a side/loot mission.

• leom88leom88 Posts: 1 New Agent

Sometimes cyclops when he shoots his beams it doesn't show until you press it again. It visually doesn't appear.

• SuperAndyTeeSuperAndyTee Posts: 195 Incredible

Cyclops's Ult is affected by his first talent tree. If one selects the X-Man on Standby, neither Iceman nor Angel appear during his ultimate (Iceman only appears if triggered from the talent)

• CutoffslimCutoffslim Posts: 1 New Agent

Hey you guys, just posting that when the Optic Beam is used after a 3-5 minute non use of it, them beam doesn't show up but the damage can be seen happening on the enemies

Cyclops's +2.5% Energy Synergy effects only one of his skills, being Optic Beam (or Hyper Optic Beam if you upgrade it).

Would you be able to change his synergy to effect Force? Seems more suited to him, or the rest of his abilites Energy based so he can get the full effect of the +2.5% energy?

• brad2240brad2240 Posts: 597 Amazing

Leveling Cyclops was a great experience. His playstyle of ranged blaster with summons is a lot of fun and brings home that teamwork he should have as leader of the X-men. I would prefer it if his summons fought with him for a short period, though.

My main skills were Focused Beam for single targets, Ricochet Beam for multiple. I miss not having the Vulnerability from Explosive Blast but RB is more fun to use, in my opinion. Similarly, RB is more fun than Ruby-Quartz Prisms or Shotgun Beam, I prefer spammable AOE spenders to cooldown powers. Playstyle preference.

I agree with the point made above about Cyclops being invulnerable during Visor Off, it should be a standard part of the ability.

"If you get hurt, hurt 'em back. If you get killed, walk it off." -Captain America

• MespoMespo Posts: 171 Incredible

@SuperAndyTee said:
    Cyclops's +2.5% Energy Synergy effects only one of his skills, being Optic Beam (or Hyper Optic Beam if you upgrade it).

Would you be able to change his synergy to effect Force? Seems more suited to him, or the rest of his abilites Energy based so he can get the full effect of the +2.5% energy?

Did this get fixed yet cus i was about to buy cyclops but saw his synergy is still for energy when he has all force powers

Complaints, comments, and or praises for Marvel Heroes Omega apparently are to be sent here:
    https://twitter.com/VonDorman

https://twitter.com/GazillionGames

@Mespo said:

@SuperAndyTee said:

Did this get fixed yet cus i was about to buy cyclops but saw his synergy is still for energy when he has all force powers

No it has not T-T

Some tooltip mistakes:

Eye in the Sky does not list a maximum channel time nor a cooldown, but it has both.

The Optic Power talent has 3 issues:
    1) it reads "will now Stun enemies for twice as long if fully stunned." That makes no sense and I assume it should read "fully charged."

2) After selecting the talent, Optic Devastation now says "Stun duration: 4 secs" but it's unclear if that is now the base time (which would be doubled according to the wording of Optic Power) or if that is the maximum duration when used fully charged. 8 seconds seems like a very long time for a stun...

3) It does not say that it increases Optic Devastation's listed damage, nor that it lowers the power's cooldown by 4 seconds. Both can be seen in Optic Devastation's tooltip after selecting the talent.

"If you get hurt, hurt 'em back. If you get killed, walk it off." -Captain America

• MGRRaiden4MGRRaiden4 Sudbury, OntarioPosts: 31 Mighty

I believe Cyclops' 2.5% energy damage syrengy needs to be changed to 2.5 force damage due to the fact that it only benefits optic beam/hyper optic beam while all of his other attacks are force based attacks or change his force based attacks to energy. So that the 2.5% energy damage syrengy can effect all of his attacks not just simply one attack. I just hope you guys look into this asap.

• InvisiblePhoenixInvisiblePhoenix Posts: 26 Mighty
    edited June 13

Is it just me or is Cyc's melee attacks absolutely hideous? He looks like he isn't trained in combat at all. His kicks kind of look like an amateur. Also, I really dislike how his melee moves cover all of his good beam attacks. I want to use both but there isn't absolutely no reason to because of the low melee damage.

Why aren't any of his optic beams tagged with energy?.....

• MGRRaiden4MGRRaiden4 Sudbury, OntarioPosts: 31 Mighty

@InvisiblePhoenix said:
    Is it just me or is Cyc's melee attacks absolutely hideous? He looks like he isn't trained in combat at all. His kicks kind of look like an amateur. Also, I really dislike how his melee moves cover all of his good beam attacks. I want to use both but there isn't absolutely no reason to because of the low melee damage.

Why aren't any of his optic beams tagged with energy?....

I just hope that they change his beam attack tags to energy or change his 2.5% energy damage syrengy into force damage. So that he can get full effect of his own syrengy. That's what is preventing me from buying him.

• Da5ThElementDa5ThElement New York CityPosts: 17 Mighty

I Notice when you use Cyclops Optic Beam It wont show its Animation/ Visual Till you hit it more then once

• InvisiblePhoenixInvisiblePhoenix Posts: 26 Mighty

@MGRRaiden4 said:

@InvisiblePhoenix said:

Why aren't any of his optic beams tagged with energy?....

I just hope that they change his beam attack tags to energy or change his 2.5% energy damage syrengy into force damage. So that he can get full effect of his own syrengy. That's what is preventing me from buying him.

Agreed.

• LethlenLethlen Posts: 10 Mighty

I am so happy to get to play as Cyclops. He is very powerful and looks awesome! His lvl 30 power is my favorite. Somtimes the animations from his optical blasts don't show on my screen. Besides that Great job on Cyclops!

• Archangel4o23Archangel4o23 Posts: 3 New Agent

Cyclops was my first character (and he's one of my favorite Marvel characters). For the most part, I do really enjoy him. After getting him to 60 I bought Magik and played around with her for a bit and then started thinking, why doesn't Cyclops' Master Tactician power work like Magik's Soul Brand power? Most of Scott's moves are ranged unless you are intentionally making him a melee character via talents. So why does master tactician on hit an area right in front of him? In the PC version, you can aim the power to be centered on an enemy, or maybe an area. I've not played him on PC, just watched a few videos. This seems much more effective to apply his debuff to many enemies at a distance rather than just hitting the guys right in front of you.

Thanks for your consideration. I hope to see Cyclops become even better as the game leaves beta.

• MespoMespo Posts: 171 Incredible

@AgentVapor said:
    Hey folks,

This thread is specifically for any Cyclops feedback you may want to share with the developers based on your experience during Closed Beta.

If you’re unsure what type of feedback to offer, here are some questions to think about based on your experience with this hero:

• Were there any powers that you found yourself preferring over other powers, or any powers that you disliked using? What about those powers did you find yourself liking or disliking compared to other powers?

• Were there any powers that weren’t clear or didn’t work like you expected after reading the power’s tooltip?

• Were there any powers that you felt were particularly difficult to use with the gamepad controls?

• If you have reached a high enough level to unlock Talents for this hero, were there any Talents that you found too powerful, or too weak relative to other Talents in that tier?

• While leveling and unlocking new powers, were there powers that you felt should have unlocked earlier in level progression? In the earliest levels, did you feel that you were lacking a specific type of power that made leveling that hero less fun (such as not having enough area-of-effect powers to deal with groups, not having enough single target powers to effectively fight more dangerous boss enemies, etc)?

• How did you feel about the hero’s resource usage? Were you having difficulty maintaining resources, or felt like you always had too much resource and not enough ways to use it?

These are just some ideas to consider - you’re welcome to share any kind of feedback you feel is worth telling us!

Note that if you encountered any outright bugs with this hero, please feel free to report those issues here in the Bug Report forums:

Please put [Cyclops] at the start of your thread subject when reporting bugs for this hero specifically so it is easier for our developers to collect and assess your bug reports more quickly. You can check out our Bug Report Formatting thread for more information on the best way to report any bugs you may encounter during Closed Beta:

Thanks!

hoping to get a response to this but cyclops synergy with energy power seems like an error as he has no energy abilities. Are you guys considering changing it to force,range, or even summon?

Complaints, comments, and or praises for Marvel Heroes Omega apparently are to be sent here:
    https://twitter.com/VonDorman

https://twitter.com/GazillionGames

• SychoSoldierSychoSoldier NYPosts: 4 New Agent

I have not tried him yet, but i do want to. From what I have heard though, I am interested in how they yall will update him. I would really like to see some new play-styles arise for him, since many of the characters have multiple play styles and i have seen that many people build cyclops all in the same way. Many say the build they use is the only good build and I want more options if that is true.

@SychoSoldier said:
    I have not tried him yet, but i do want to. From what I have heard though, I am interested in how they yall will update him. I would really like to see some new play-styles arise for him, since many of the characters have multiple play styles and i have seen that many people build cyclops all in the same way. Many say the build they use is the only good build and I want more options if that is true.

Cyke is kind of forced into a hybid ranged/summoner build. He doesn't have a viable all beam build, unfortunately. Through talents you can make something of a melee build but the thought of that honestly just makes me shudder. :/

So basically everybody has the same build with minor variations to personal taste. I find the build fun but her really does need more options.

• OpticBlasttOpticBlastt Posts: 162 Incredible

I would be fine if we just got rid of his inherited 3% crit hit trait for some guaranteed crit hits or brute hits on his attacks. This would help his optic powers

• RawThunderHustleRawThunderHustle Posts: 45 Mighty
    edited August 1

Do any of the energy power synergies give benefits to Cyclops' powers?

• FloodblueFloodblue PortsmouthPosts: 237 Amazing

@RawThunderHustle said:
    Do any of the energy power synergies give benefits to Cyclops' powers?

His optic abilities are tagged as Force at the moment.

Xbox One - Flood31
    Mains - War Machine, Iron Man, Colossus, Cyclops, Spider-Man, Captain America, Wolverine
    Always looking for a group to play with!

• RandomdriveRandomdrive Posts: 168 Incredible

His 50 synergy now states it's for Force powers

• RemyLebeau77RemyLebeau77 new castle,dePosts: 8 Mighty

I'm probably gonna seem greedy, lovin the character. no issues at all thus far, any possibility of adding "Havok" by some miracle in his 90's costume also?

@Randomdrive said:
    His 50 synergy now states it's for Force powers

Not on PS4. Still Energy Power Damage.

• RandomdriveRandomdrive Posts: 168 Incredible

Ah good point - should have said I'm on XBOX1. Weird they haven't fixed both.