Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

Marvel Heroes Omega
The Marvel Heroes Omega XB1 and PS4 servers should now be back online. A 10% Experience Bonus will be active until 11:59 PM (PDT) Sunday (8/20) to help make up for the unexpected connectivity issues. Thank you for your patience!

War Machine Roxxx (Ranged Build Guide)

WARMACHINEROXXXXWARMACHINEROXXXX West Coast PSTPosts: 243 Amazing
edited August 16 in WAR MACHINE

z664318

Starting a guide for War Machine- he is blast to play ranged ! Clears Cosmic OPs/Trial easily. Tons of AOE and Crazy Sig #s.

1. Basic Info: Press Triangle on Skill to see this info
    Traits: Strength / Durability (4% added bonus per)
    Suit Power: Damage rating increase with increased spirit(suit power)

2. Basic Skills

• Solo Play Skills

A) Limited War- Basic Range *Switch to Total War once You get Mkraan to rank 1/Gib Relics (Full stack is 150 Spirit)/Improved Arc Reactor usually 2 out these 3 items would be enough spirit to drop the basic.
B.) Dash
C) Clear the Room
D) Suppressing Fire

L2
A) Built For War
B.) Army Of One
C) Hammer of War
D) Plasma Cannon

* Group Play/Single Target Focus/Boss rush Drop Suppressing fire and take Spit Fire* See Talents for reason.

3. Gear (Slots 1-5)
A Load up on Damage traits/Ranged Damage
B. Crit Rating
C Crit Damage
D. Brute Rating

1. Legendary
    300 Marks: MKraan Crystal
    Rank 1: 200 Spirit
    2: 3k Health
    3: 600 Damage Rating
    4 1500 Crit Rating
    5 Proc to send enemies to White Room* Useful in patrols/Ops
  2. Artifacts

• WM is lacking in ideal niche Artifacts the best I have found so far
      Advanced Arc Reactor Up to 550 spirit/ 5% less area damage from enemies / 5% boss damage.

• Magneto was right 3 Durability 450 Ranged Damage 250 Crit
      • GOK Crit/Crit Damage/Brute/Brute Damage.- Drops from Kurse OP/Midtown/
      • Crossbones Teaching Creds- +3 Strength 200 ranged damage 250 crit rating 350 brute rating + proc for 1500 brutal damage* ( I got this from Shield Supply box)
      • Rhino Horn- 200 Spirit/200 brute rating + 3 Durb while still/ +3 strength while moving.(BUGGED as of 8/17)

I think a trifecta of GOK/Ar Reactor and Tombstone with cosmics affixs of 150 spirit and +1 all attributes is BIS currently
      ADDITIONAL ARTIFACTS
      Tombstone 3 piece suit= 5 durability with a 4 durability proc under 20%
      Green Goblins the big one- 2 strength/400 brute rating 700 damage to explosive powers (Sig+Hammer of War) and proc for additional 700 explosive damage under 40% health (20s CD).

3. Relics
    Relic of Giborim 150 + spirit at 100 relics. The advanced trade in relic gives a total of 200 Spirit +1 all attributes.

4. Talents
    Row 1: Heavy Plasma Load: 25% More Damage to Plasma Cannon while Plasma is active powers gain 10% Damage
    Row 2: Arc Reactor 20% more Damage in exchange for 50% more suit cost (Once Mkraan/Gibs/Arc Reactor artifact this spirit is a non-issue)
    Row 3:Missile Deployment: Mainly for 2x Hammer of War Charges
    Ro 4: Reactive Defense System: Built for War Gets a damage shield for 2 secs and restores health (wining)
    Row 5: 2 choices here A) Playing solo take Coolant Reactor (Eliminates Heat) so you can use suppressing fire on trash.
    B.). Overclocking talent for patrols/ group play. Since trash can be taken out easily this is a single target DPS increase with 15% for heat generating powers. This drops suppressing fire and uses spit fire instead for single target sustained DPS.

5. Medals

6. Early on settle for a Pyro/Mags/Mandarin with a +spirit affix to help boosts the suit power pool to drop a basic as fast as possible.
  7. End game Pyro is great for single target (its proc on works on 1 target at time).
  8. Currently using a Mandarin with +1k Brute Rating. Loving it so far.

9. Ring
    Anything +crit rating/Brute Rating or +Strength/Durability

10. Synergies
    Must haves:
    Ant Man- + 1 Strength
    Luke Cage + 1 Durability
    Very good
    Punisher
    Star Lord
    DeadPool
    Widow
    Squirrel Girl

11. Artifact Mods
    I went with the 300 ranged Damage/300 Brute Rating mod for 3 artifacts so far.

12. Cosmic Affix for Artifacts
    +1 all attributes= 320 Damage Rating
    +150 Spirit=Roughly 10% Suit Damage bonus = 400 Damage Rating
    -10% Sig reduction

13. Infinity Points Theory
    Currently at 100 points Dropped in all in =Signature Damage which is +50%. Best bang for the buck at the moment. At cosmic level trash is easy so this is for the bosses.

I AM THE BFG

Comments

• brad2240brad2240 Posts: 447 Amazing

If you're stacking that much Suit Power, do you really stick wick with Limited War over Total War? I can't see you needing a basic at that level.

How much Strength/Durability are you stacking and where are you getting it from, if not slots 1-5?

I appreciate the guide, WM is one of my favorites but I've had a bit of a struggle balancing stats on him.

"If you get hurt, hurt 'em back. If you get killed, walk it off." -Captain America

• WARMACHINEROXXXXWARMACHINEROXXXX West Coast PSTPosts: 243 Amazing
    edited June 10

@brad2240,

Good catch, I updated it to show when to switch over to Total War.
    Usually after achieving rank 1 on Mkraan and a high level of Gibs Stacks. If you can get the improved arc reactor then you can unload war on everyone. Ill upload a video this weekend but he can easily do the Juggernaut OP on Cosmic and do a full clear easily.

Regarding stacking Traits I am up to 130% all from Gear cosmics 1-5.
    Bonus suit damage is up to 80% from stacking spirit.
    I think the Magneto Artifact with 4 Durability/ 450 Range Damage with 250 crit rating is a top contender for DPS.
    and probably a GOK.

Cosmic Affixes for Artifacts
    +150 Spirit
    +1 All Attributes
    10% Sig CD Reduction.

The Cosmic 150 spirit affix would drop the spirit affix needed from the medal to switch to Crit Rating for more DPS.

I AM THE BFG

• ThecasillasThecasillas Posts: 4 New Agent

What talents did you run with or am i overlooking these?

@Thecasillas
    Just added:

Talents
    Row 1: Heavy Plasma Load: 25% More Damage to Plasma Cannon while Plasma is active powers gain 10% Damage
    Row 2: Arc Reactor 20% more Damage in exchange for 50% more suit cost (Once Mkraan/Gibs/Arc Reactor artifact this spirit is a non-issue)
    Ro 4: Reactive Defense System: Built for War Gets a damage shield for 2 secs and restores health (wining)
    Row 5: 2 choices here A) Playing solo take Coolant Reactor (Eliminates Heat) so you can use suppressing fire on trash.
    B). Overclocking talent for patrols/ group play. Since trash can be taken out easily this is a single target DPS increase with 15% for heat generating powers

I AM THE BFG

@WARMACHINEROXXXX said:
    @Thecasillas
    Just added:

Talents
    B). Overclocking talent for patrols/ group play. Since trash can be taken out easily this is a single target DPS increase with 15% for heat generating powers

How do reelease your heat if you run with overclocking?

Sorry should have explained that better
    If taking Overclocking drop suppressing fire and take Spit Fire due to not needing to clear out trash in patrols since the group usually does it. Overclock/Spit Fire here is good for sustained boss damage

I AM THE BFG

Lastly, preferred end of of game (early medallion) pyro? Also, early artificats.

Still working on a medal:

Pyro seems BIS for a single target ( it can only proc on 1 target). Affix early on should be +spirit to until you can get a Mkraan or a stack of Gibs or the improved arc reactor. Then I would suggest +Crit.

Currently I used a Magento: has ranged damage and my spirit affix I needed previously. Mandarain has ranged damage so thats not bad also.

Ideally Id settle for a Lizard ( it has crit rating and brute and health roll) with a crit rating affix.

Early Artifacts I used whenever I found, He was my first 60 so I just rolled with whatever I had. I think there was a skrull targeting system and some other lower artifact like Taskmasters from story.

I AM THE BFG

dude im sorry to keep asking, but i am really trying to make my WM my main. I played about 15 tunes to 60 and i still dont who i really like. Im a tanky type player.

Anyways, what about you infinity points? any focuses? I have about 50

edited June 11

Unfortunately WM is listed as his archetype a Tank (Strength/Durability) but is a ranged Hero (in media/comics hes a ranged guy). However in this game playing as ranged he is not tanky. His fourth row talent helps with built for war provided a 2sec shield/ 20% health regen. (When you get a cosmic catalyst with a 50% hp shield for 2 seconds on Medkit he survives much better). Having a Melee Tree wasted so much potential for War Machine to literally be insane with weapons. They missed on a rockets (write Rocket like IM, Repulsar Blasts which he uses in his melee laser strike attack but is not a ranged skill like cmon, Missle Salvo skill to have a short 4 sec CD missle attack) So much missed opportunities with a wasted melee tree.

For infinity points I went with + Spirit until I found a point where it wasnt needed. I think 50 points nets you can extra 140 spirit or so.

Eventually his infinity point allocation will be (Atleast it was on PC). When you reach a high level probabyl 200-300 points
    In order of importance
    1. Crit
    2. Brute
    3. Crit Damage
    4. Signature Damage
    5. then Stat bonuses.

Thats probably my order when I get to 250 points or so. Unfortunately the grind of IP is rough I am at 90% XP bonuses with level 60s and its a long point grind I have around 65 points.

For low level Points
    Signature Damage since right now he clears trash easy and its all about killling bosses. I dont have enough points to make a difference with +Crit Rating or anything else meaningful

I AM THE BFG

• ZierroZierro Posts: 4 New Agent
    edited June 17

@WARMACHINEROXXXX
    Where did you get the advanced arc reactor artifact from?

@zierro, I got it from the crafter recipe science research I believe artifact recipes are random rare. :/

I AM THE BFG

Sadly no new updates since nothing new has been introduced yet.

The new Daily Bugle Op has some potential artifacts but I have to see how they translate to console.

I AM THE BFG

• koniowsky717koniowsky717 Posts: 105 Incredible

@WARMACHINEROXXXX said:
    z664318

Starting a guide for War Machine- he is blast to play ranged ! Clears Cosmic OPs/Trial easily. Tons of AOE and Crazy Sig #s.

1. Basic Info: Press Triangle on Skill to see this info
      Traits: Strength / Durability (4% added bonus per)
      Suit Power: Damage rating increase with increased spirit(suit power)

2. Basic Skills

• Solo Play Skills

A) Limited War- Basic Range *Switch to Total War once You get Mkraan to rank 1/Gib Relics (Full stack is 150 Spirit)/Improved Arc Reactor usually 2 out these 3 items would be enough spirit to drop the basic.
    B.) Dash
    C) Clear the Room
    D) Suppressing Fire

L2
    A) Built For War
    B.) Army Of One
    C) Hammer of War
    D) Plasma Cannon

* Group Play/Single Target Focus/Boss rush Drop Suppressing fire and take Spit Fire* See Talents for reason.

3. Gear (Slots 1-5)
    A Load up on Damage traits
    B. Crit Rating
    C Crit Damage
    D. Brute Rating

1. Legendary
      300 Marks: MKraan Crystal
      Rank 1: 200 Spirit
      2: 3k Health
      3: 600 Damage Rating
      4 1500 Crit Rating
      5 Proc to send enemies to White Room* Useful in patrols/Ops
    2. Artifacts
      • WM is lacking in ideal niche Artifacts the best I have found so far
        Advanced Arc Reactor Up to 500 spirit/ 5% less area damage from enemies / 5% boss damage.
        • Magneto was right 3 Durability 450 Ranged Damage 250 Crit
        • GOK Crit/Crit Damage/Brute/Brute Damage.
    3. Relics
      Relic of Giborim 150 + spirit at 100 relics. The advanced trade in relic gives a total of 200 Spirit +1 all attributes.

4. Talents
      B.). Overclocking talent for patrols/ group play. Since trash can be taken out easily this is a single target DPS increase with 15% for heat generating powers. This drops suppressing fire and uses spit fire instead for single target sustained DPS.

5. Medals

6. Early on settle for a Pyro/Mags/Mandarin with a +spirit affix to help boosts the suit power pool to drop a basic as fast as possible.
    7. End game Pyro is great for single target (its proc on works on 1 target at time). Ideally Depending on crit/brute rating a Lizards could work with a Crit Rating affix. It would allow for more Brute Rating to roll on gear. Still working on some #s.

8. Ring
      Anything +crit rating/Brute Rating or +range
      The ideal ring is a unique ring obtained through the relic trade in vendor. It boosts spirit by 50 with 10% base increase and rolls a +1-4 all attributes.

9. Synergies
      Must haves:
      Ant Man- + 1 Strength
      Luke Cage + 1 Durability
      Very good
      Punisher
      Star Lord
      DeadPool
      Widow
      Squirrel Girl

Where does Advanced Arc Reactor and GOK drop from?

@WARMACHINEROXXXX what do your defensive stats look like? Effective health, damage reduction, etc.

"If you get hurt, hurt 'em back. If you get killed, walk it off." -Captain America

edited July 11

@koniowsky717

Arc Reactor I got from scientist research blueprint at the crafter level 3. Its RNG so its all by chance attaining it.

@brad2240 I Dont know effective health I think Damage reduction is like low 30%.

Its all cosmic gear. nothing defensive all gear is either Durability Strength/ Crit/Crit Damage or Brute Rating. minus some affixs for 20% more health on medkit and a defensive proc.

Cosmic Gear affix important ones at 800 @Damage proc/ Invulnerable proc and if you get lucky get an Invisibility on medkit catalyst with a HP shield.

I can clear Kurse on Cosmic in about a little over 2 mins with no deaths got aroud 100 Infinity Points all in Sig Damage.

I AM THE BFG

Update on Artifacts

WM is lacking in ideal niche Artifacts the best I have found so far
    Advanced Arc Reactor Up to 500 spirit/ 5% less area damage from enemies / 5% boss damage.
    * Magneto was right 3 Durability 450 Ranged Damage 250 Crit
    * GOK Crit/Crit Damage/Brute/Brute Damage.- Drops from Kurse OP/Midtown/
    * Crossbones Teaching Creds- +3 Strength 200 ranged damage 250 crit rating 350 brute rating + proc for 1500 brutal damage* ( I got this from Shield Supply box)
    * Rhino Horn- 200 Spirit/200 brute rating + 3 Durb while still/ +3 strength while moving.

I think a trifecta of GOK/Xbones Teaching Creds and Rhino with cosmics affixs of 150 spirit and +1 all attributes is BIS currently

I AM THE BFG

CTC has a terrible drop rate if you're farming Crossbones in Midtown. I've gotten one normal version and no cosmic in days of farming it. He also drops the Kevlar Helmet, which I've gotten two of, to make matters worse. CTC can also roll with Energy or (I think) Intelligence in place of Strength. Mine is Energy. Of course. :(

What do you think about Cargill's Rewrites with +3 all attributes in place of the Rhino Horn? I don't think there's a cosmic version though.

@brad2240 ouch, yes I was hesitant to mentioned Xbones with +strength due to Ketchup! poor drop rates and I got mine from a supply box. I know the PC version of it being cosmic has a flat +1 all attrbute instead of rolling a Main Attribute. So its rare at the moment.

As for Cargills I used it for a while a +3 one which translate to 960 Damage Rating.
    Rhino is 480 D.R for the Durb and 480 D.R for Stregth. Since both wont be up 70% of the time id only count one in the damage math.
    200 spirit = roughly 12.5% Suit power damage bonus (also can drop a basic limited war skill). = 1% =40 damage rating so thats 500 Damage Rating ( This is with talent row 2 adding more suit power to 6% conversion).
    200 Brute Rating helps since WM lacks Brute.

So breaking it down
    Cargils 960 plus other goodies due to attributes

Rhino
    980 D.R with only 1 damage proc being up= 1440 if both are up+ Brute Rating with talent on row 2 being selected.

Rhino gains more love if its cosmic with a plus 1 or with 150 spirit affix. Cargill is a great placeholder but could be replaceable as you get more drops

I AM THE BFG

• Nybling2Nybling2 Winchester, VAPosts: 9 Mighty

For synergies, here are a couple of other interesting options:

Angela - I think she's pretty great. 2.5% more cooldown power damage is a bonus to 4 of your powers.
    Ghost Rider - yes it's more fire damage but that actually has an effect on our signature since it's got the Fire keyword.
    Hawkeye - while 2% more movement speed is kinda 'meh', 3% more critical damage is pretty nice as that's also 3% more brutal strike damage as well (brutal strike damage is crit damage + 150% + brutal damage).

@Nybling2 thanks for the suggestions added Ghost Rider/Deadpool synergies, I overlooked some tags.

I AM THE BFG

@WARMACHINEROXXXX do you actually have a cosmic Rhino Horn and, if so, where did you get it? I've been farming his story mode showdown with no luck and it's tedious.

Dr. Doom Ops end chest has a chance to drop it

Also the new Daily Bugle OP should have it as droppable/ end chest

@brad2240

I AM THE BFG

I hate the Doom op. :'(

Maybe the Bugle will be fun.

@Brad2240 Bugle looked awesome on PC videos...great variety of bosses that changes out of a pool of 8 or 9 and tons of items. so its the new Doom OP to farm for a assortment of artifacts

I AM THE BFG

With the new Bugle update One new potential artifact update:

Cosmic Tombstone Suit Artifact
    +1 Durability when hit
    +4 Durability
    Proc under 20% health +5 durability

also it is easier to farm this and get a Cosmic Rhino Horn

Sadly nothing else is useful from the drops a close one is
    The Big One-Goblin Artifact can roll cosmic
    +2 Strength
    +400 Brute Rating
    +500 Explosive Damage
    Proc when under 40% health gain 700 damage rating to Explosive powers for 10s.
    and some movement damage +500 which is useless but it helps Hammer of War/ Army of One so its not completely useless

I AM THE BFG

Added from the event crafting Stark Credits:

Starktech Arc Enhancement: 5-20 Primary Resource (Weapon or Accessory; Cost:1 Stark credit)

I AM THE BFG

• xxbigcountryxxxxbigcountryxx Posts: 4 New Agent

Will this build be good for console I heard there are some differences in legendarys I'm not sure about artifacts could someone let me know if this build would be good for console

@xxbigcountryxx

yup this is for console players everything is for console items

I AM THE BFG

• xxbigcountryxxxxbigcountryxx Posts: 4 New Agent

Ok thanks