Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

Marvel Heroes Omega
Maintenance is complete and the Marvel Heroes Omega PS4 & XB1 servers are now back online. Thank you for your patience!

Jean PSYCHIC dps build???

Matt34leo2Matt34leo2 Posts: 1,012 Astonishing

Can anyone help me with Jean. I was fine until reaching cosmic level. Now it just seems that it takes her FOREVER to kill stuff. I'm not sure why. Both her crit/brut hit/strike are decent, and I have 15 energy and 12 intelligence. What talents and skills do you jean players use? I'm trying to stay away from the phoenix powers. Her damage output just seems nil. Is it possible to make Jean cause real damage without the phoenix powers? Just really looking for the best skills and talents as well as decent rotation. Thanks in advance.

Oh...and I have the bow legendary too.

Comments

• KyouzenKyouzen Posts: 18 Mighty

@Matt34leo2 said:
    Can anyone help me with Jean. I was fine until reaching cosmic level. Now it just seems that it takes her FOREVER to kill stuff. I'm not sure why. Both her crit/brut hit/strike are decent, and I have 15 energy and 12 intelligence. What talents and skills do you jean players use? I'm trying to stay away from the phoenix powers. Her damage output just seems nil. Is it possible to make Jean cause real damage without the phoenix powers? Just really looking for the best skills and talents as well as decent rotation. Thanks in advance.

I think her damage in general is just average, regardless of which form you choose. I have two loadouts that have worked for me but neither is what I would consider special as far as dps is concerned.

As far as legendary's are concerned I was actually severely disappointed in Apollo's Bow (if that's what you're talking about), it's 10% damages are static - meaning they aren't affected by any stats and I find them basically irrelevant.

• Matt34leo2Matt34leo2 Posts: 1,012 Astonishing

@Kyouzen said:

@Matt34leo2 said:

I think her damage in general is just average, regardless of which form you choose. I have two loadouts that have worked for me but neither is what I would consider special as far as dps is concerned.

As far as legendary's are concerned I was actually severely disappointed in Apollo's Bow (if that's what you're talking about), it's 10% damages are static - meaning they aren't affected by any stats and I find them basically irrelevant.

Thanks for the response. It is appreciated. I have been tweaking her and playing with the build I have for her and somehow I found one that works. She is doing decent damage now. It still takes a while to kill yellow colored minibosses, but she seems to be OK now at handling everything else. Thanks again.

• brad2240brad2240 Posts: 571 Amazing

@Matt34leo2 said:

I ran into the same issue. Here's what I'm using:

Skills:
    Psychic Hammer
    Psychic Lethargy
    Psychokinetic Barrier
    Telekinetic Charge
    Telekinetic Slam
    Psychic Maelstrom
    Debis Storm
    Crushing Telekinesis

Talents:
    Omega Telepath
    Friends of the First Class
    Cycle of the Phoenix
    Phoenix Ascending
    Controlled Engagement

I really like the way it plays and it got me through the cosmic trial easily enough, but it does feel like it's fallen off in cosmic content. Or maybe Storm has just spoiled me. :p

I just got the Bow, it isn't even rank 1 yet and I'm still working on gear so I have lots of room for improvement. I'm hoping for the best since she has, surprisingly, become one of my top 3 favorites in the game.

"If you get hurt, hurt 'em back. If you get killed, walk it off." -Captain America

@brad2240 said:

@Matt34leo2 said:

Skills:
    Psychic Hammer
    Psychic Lethargy
    Psychokinetic Barrier
    Telekinetic Charge
    Telekinetic Slam
    Psychic Maelstrom
    Debis Storm
    Crushing Telekinesis

Talents:
    Omega Telepath
    Cycle of the Phoenix
    Phoenix Ascending
    Controlled Engagement

I really like the way it plays and it got me through the cosmic trial easily enough, but it does feel like it's fallen off in cosmic content. Or maybe Storm has just spoiled me. :p

I just got the Bow, it isn't even rank 1 yet and I'm still working on gear so I have lots of room for improvement. I'm hoping for the best since she has, surprisingly, become one of my top 3 favorites in the game.

Since my original post, I have somehow found a way to improve her damage output. I'm using a lot of the same skills and talents as you and the bow. Her damage output does get better as you level up the bow. I am about to achieve level 4 on the bow. I also got brut strike or Crit hit chance on all of her cosmic armor pieces; that seemed to help a lot. Finally, I focused my 120 infinity points on getting two intelligence points and then put the rest on attack speed and signature power base damage. With the better attack speed, Jean got A LOT better. :)

Attack speed, really? That surprises me. I would think, in my build, that it would only benefit Psychic Hammer. Unless I'm missing something, which is very likely.

"If you get hurt, hurt 'em back. If you get killed, walk it off." -Captain America

@brad2240 said:

@Matt34leo2 said:

Skills:
    Psychic Hammer
    Psychic Lethargy
    Psychokinetic Barrier
    Telekinetic Charge
    Telekinetic Slam
    Psychic Maelstrom
    Debis Storm
    Crushing Telekinesis

Talents:
    Omega Telepath
    Cycle of the Phoenix
    Phoenix Ascending
    Controlled Engagement

My build ended up a little different than yours it seems:

Skipping stone - to restore spirit
    Telepathic Illusion
    Crushing Telekinesis
    Psychokinetic Barrier
    Tactical Destruction - It's one of her strongest abilities imo
    Debris Storm
    Expel Phoenix Force

On the Talent side of things:

Omega Telepath
    Heart of the Team - mainly for the +25% phoenix force generation
    Environmental Hazard
    Controlled Engagement

That was the best I managed, gearing for crit and brutal strike

I've traded Psychic Hammer for Skipping Stone and replaced Maelstrom with Tactical Destruction. I feel she's performing a bit better now, though Skipping Stone feels pretty weak.

@Matt34leo2 and @Kyouzen a couple questions for you guys.

1) How much are you running in defensive stats and what slots are you getting it from?

2) Does the Bow only proc once with AOE attacks or can it proc multiple times? Likewise with Skipping Stone, does each bounce have a chance to proc or just the initial hit?

@brad2240 said:
    I've traded Psychic Hammer for Skipping Stone and replaced Maelstrom with Tactical Destruction. I feel she's performing a bit better now, though Skipping Stone feels pretty weak.

1) How much are you running in defensive stats and what slots are you getting it from?

2) Does the Bow only proc once with AOE attacks or can it proc multiple times? Likewise with Skipping Stone, does each bounce have a chance to proc or just the initial hit?

I can't be sure but it seems like the aoe from Bow of Apollo has some kind of cooldown because I've never seen it proc in quick succession with any build.

As far as defense goes, I put my infinity points into the total defense stat and I try to keep my rotation in such a way that when Telepathic Illusion ends I have Debris Storm off cooldown and ready to give me some damage resistance.

Whenever I get enough Legendary Marks, I'm considering buying the Ultimate Nullifier and putting my Infinite points in Brutal Damage.

@brad2240 said:

For defense, I use most infinity points in increase in Base % of life/HP and the infinity spot for defense. I'm not sure how many points I have in each (not on game right now). I use the catalyst that offers 3 intelligence and makes you invisible every time you use your med kit; this seems to be my main source of defense at the moment with jean. Other than that, she is on the verge of being a "glass cannon."

For the most part, on your second question I kind of agree with @Kyouzen. I haven't had any real issue with the bow to warrant switching and leveling another legendary though. On a final note, I have noticed that she benefits A LOT from added attack speed. hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies.

So you guys aren't equipping any gear with +Defense or +Deflect? And no trouble with survival?

@brad2240 said:
    Thanks for the replies.

So you guys aren't equipping any gear with +Defense or +Deflect? And no trouble with survival?

ALL of my gear either focuses on brut strike or crit hit and crit/brut damage. As long as I have the catalyst that makes you invisible with medkit use, I have had no trouble surviving with Jean. The only defensive stats I have are on her from defensive mods on utility gear and artifacts. I think I used two of them (mods) and they each give 1000 defensive stats. :)

I also use the catalyst that gives stealth on medkit (mine doesn't have 3 Int though >.<) and I have an artifact that has a chance to stealth on hit. Honestly I haven't had much trouble surviving. I don't have the game in front of atm so I can't say for sure but I prioritized intelligence with brutal damage so I'd guess my gear is very light on defense.

• MiggyDMiggyD Posts: 30 Mighty

I have prioritized intelligence over crit/brut chance and it was a mistake... I'll be switching gear soon, she's not fun to play taking forever to kill anything....I may be wrong, but in this game, the best defense is a combination of constant movement and a big offense.