Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

Marvel Heroes Omega

Ant Man Cosmic Trial Completion + Build

DeksamDeksam Posts: 1,825 Astonishing

With the new changes came some growing pains (no pun intended). After working hard on several potentials, I found a pretty easy build to pass cosmic trial with, and it will also carry over to story missions too. It has a lot of upkeep and rotations, but the payoff is... that you pass cosmic without grinding legendaries or cosmic gear. Let me know if you have any questions!

Comments

• TheDiscipleApostleTheDiscipleApostle Posts: 3 New Agent

What talents did you use?

• DoserDoser Tewkesbury, UKPosts: 1,868 Astonishing

@TheDiscipleApostle said:
    What talents did you use?

It shows at end of video.

I'll probably main Deadpool... or Hulk... actually no I shall main Nova... or Rocket...
    This is and will be my life for the next undecided amount of time...
    YouTube: The_Doser
    PSN: The_Doser

• KrazyAceOfSpadesKrazyAceOfSpades Posts: 23 Mighty

I must have bad gear, for the most part, i'm surviving but, I run out of time. suggestions for stats on gear? He's probably the hardest character I've tried doing cosmic with

• DeksamDeksam Posts: 1,825 Astonishing

@KrazyAceOfSpades said:
    I must have bad gear, for the most part, i'm surviving but, I run out of time. suggestions for stats on gear? He's probably the hardest character I've tried doing cosmic with

The gear I used is at the end including the build. Surviving isn't an issue, he has some of the best and most consistent crowd control, but his damage is low. Make sure you're using the build I put together, and try and get close to the same gear I have - main attributes, critical rating, critical damage, and brutal rating.

• EnourmousSauceEnourmousSauce Posts: 40 Mighty

I'm struggling to complete super heroic! I love playing Ant-Man any suggestions?

• MarkVsColinMarkVsColin Posts: 89 Mighty

@Deksam said:
    With the new changes came some growing pains (no pun intended). After working hard on several potentials, I found a pretty easy build to pass cosmic trial with, and it will also carry over to story missions too. It has a lot of upkeep and rotations, but the payoff is... that you pass cosmic without grinding legendaries or cosmic gear. Let me know if you have any questions!

Awesome just recently bought Ant Man after I packed the civil war costume in loot box thanks dude

You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one ...

• IceBusterIceBuster Original East CoastPosts: 449 Amazing

I did a slightly different build and was able to get by the CT. The constant balancing of ACP resource really hinders Ant-Man overall and makes his CT harder than it needs to be.

Increased drop rate for cosmic artifacts would be nice.

• GR8BobGR8Bob Posts: 19 Mighty

with antman its all about drinking coffee ,moisturizing your thumbs before you start then keeping that dot damage going constantly while luring all enemys around that digger while side stepping in circles distracting enemy with ant decoy and disrupting red attacks with fist full of ants between

i had only upto 6 speed damage in speed tree
    upto 4 on int because thats all the game gave me for the character and all the rest of infinity set to acp in mind

the electric blast attack or its trait as strong as it is doesnt have the dps needed to complete the trial and for colony is slow to cast and unreliable with that 15% spam trait i did not use neither of these traits , go for all attack bonus traits to fist full ants , ant decoy and drone dot skills only and the tanker

forget rotation of the melee skills use which ever cool down ends first but if possible once you have a lock on boss
    definitive particle , big foot and that invulnerability melee attack then dashing out to respam drone and decoy

redskull lock on is not a one hit kill attack dont panic with dash just run around digger or even on those street lamp posts to break that skill

most important part is lock on (R1) boss because that summon ant decoy directly on boss will eventually pull last surviving enemys (even robots eventually charge/leap at the decoy too) closer to boss for drone and tanker dot skills to get rid of them all
    and since fist full ants interrupts the bosses heavy attacks you only need to step to the side of robot attacks and that aoe while decoy not active

• UnadvisedGoose445UnadvisedGoose445 KansasPosts: 278 Amazing

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason you don't use Inch High Goodbye (Giant Uppercut)? It seems like it might be useful with the Giant Sized talent, so was wondering if you just didn't like the power or..?

PSN: UnadvisedGoose

Heroes Unlocked:

Dr. Strange (60) Cosmic
    War Machine (60)
    Daredevil (60) Cosmic
    Rocket Raccoon (60)
    Nightcrawler (3)
    Beast (60) Cosmic
    Psylocke (60)
    Blade (60)
    Storm (60)
    Wolverine (3)
    Iceman (4)
    Jean Grey (60)
    Thor (60) Cosmic
    Scarlet Witch (60)
    Hulk (60)
    Elektra (60)
    Black Panther (60)
    Colossus (55)
    Black Widow (10)
    Captain Marvel (49)

@UnadvisedGoose445 said:
    Just out of curiosity, is there a reason you don't use Inch High Goodbye (Giant Uppercut)? It seems like it might be useful with the Giant Sized talent, so was wondering if you just didn't like the power or..?

I ended up not using it because the scope is too narrow, for the Cosmic trial, it is important to slot abilities like that when you have issues with single targets, but the cosmic trial really calls for more of an AOE approach. Also IHG requires you to be extremely close to a target to activate it, and at the time of this trial, Mandarin didn't have his fire nerfed like it is now meaning if he hit you with it, it was instant death, so the strategy was to be able to keep enough distance without having to sacrifice too much damage.

@Deksam said:

@UnadvisedGoose445 said:

I ended up not using it because the scope is too narrow, for the Cosmic trial, it is important to slot abilities like that when you have issues with single targets, but the cosmic trial really calls for more of an AOE approach. Also IHG requires you to be extremely close to a target to activate it, and at the time of this trial, Mandarin didn't have his fire nerfed like it is now meaning if he hit you with it, it was instant death, so the strategy was to be able to keep enough distance without having to sacrifice too much damage.

Perfect, good to know. Thanks so much. I like to make builds that include a strong "boss killer" attack, a basic, and then the rest AOE. Good note about Mandarin's fire being different. This helps with how I plan to build him once I unlock.

I find him to be a fun character in general (outside of the game), and his powers are really unique. I'm hoping he's not as undertuned as people say he is.

Heroes Unlocked:

Dr. Strange (60) Cosmic
    War Machine (60)
    Daredevil (60) Cosmic
    Rocket Raccoon (60)
    Nightcrawler (3)
    Beast (60) Cosmic
    Psylocke (60)
    Blade (60)
    Storm (60)
    Wolverine (3)
    Iceman (4)
    Jean Grey (60)
    Thor (60) Cosmic
    Scarlet Witch (60)
    Hulk (60)
    Elektra (60)
    Black Panther (60)
    Colossus (55)
    Black Widow (10)
    Captain Marvel (49)

@UnadvisedGoose445 said:

@Deksam said:

@UnadvisedGoose445 said:

Perfect, good to know. Thanks so much. I like to make builds that include a strong "boss killer" attack, a basic, and then the rest AOE. Good note about Mandarin's fire being different. This helps with how I plan to build him once I unlock.

I find him to be a fun character in general (outside of the game), and his powers are really unique. I'm hoping he's not as undertuned as people say he is.

I've worked hard on him post 60 to get him some good gear. I think that he's a character that has potential. While he does need a damage boost, if you really plan his build out, he can put out a good amount of damage while keeping most enemies stunned or focused on other things.

I really wish they would balance him a little better. Ant-Man should actually play like a stealth character, more than some of the others out there. That's kind of his thing - going small so people can't see him, but when he shrinks they don't consider that stealth.

@Deksam said:

@UnadvisedGoose445 said:

@Deksam said:

@UnadvisedGoose445 said:

I've worked hard on him post 60 to get him some good gear. I think that he's a character that has potential. While he does need a damage boost, if you really plan his build out, he can put out a good amount of damage while keeping most enemies stunned or focused on other things.

I really wish they would balance him a little better. Ant-Man should actually play like a stealth character, more than some of the others out there. That's kind of his thing - going small so people can't see him, but when he shrinks they don't consider that stealth.

That's actually a really great point. Very strange he doesn't have stealth in his kit...

War Machine has a Stealth option, through talents. So, that's weird to think about in comparison to this haha.

Heroes Unlocked:

Dr. Strange (60) Cosmic
    War Machine (60)
    Daredevil (60) Cosmic
    Rocket Raccoon (60)
    Nightcrawler (3)
    Beast (60) Cosmic
    Psylocke (60)
    Blade (60)
    Storm (60)
    Wolverine (3)