Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

Marvel Heroes Omega
Maintenance is complete and the Marvel Heroes Omega PS4 & XB1 servers are now back online. Thank you for your patience!

Hypnotic Ribbons Broken

MidnightRyderMidnightRyder GuardianFlipadelphia Posts: 246 Amazing

So if you're an Angela player stay away from this ability cause there's no way it doesn't get adjusted. You can basically stun lock all bosses permanently almost like Iceman freeze which I think got fixed I don't haven't played him since they broke him after closed beta.

Comments

• Blackghost3Blackghost3 Posts: 14 New Agent

I just got Angela to 60 and finished cosmic and didn't find the ribbons doing that. They usually seem to work for the intended time of 4s or less on bosses. The only exception might be when you have heavens wrath activated and u can re activate the ability before it's cooldown? But this can only be done briefly and is far from a permastun. Seeing that it's her only CC ability and kind of integral to her gameplay being an otherwise average melee, don't think it needs much in the way of adjustment.

• MidnightRyderMidnightRyder Guardian Flipadelphia Posts: 246 Amazing

When I can permanently stun lock bosses so they can't do any abilities I call that pretty broken.

• Blankman42005Blankman42005 Posts: 160 Incredible

@MidnightRyder said:
    When I can permanently stun lock bosses so they can't do any abilities I call that pretty broken.

Have u not seen deapools sig thats pretty much what he does

• Jahmish1Jahmish1 Posts: 21 Mighty

Nope squirrel girls confuse got a whopping Nerf expect this too also

• MrPICKLES2uMrPICKLES2u Posts: 124 Incredible

Its the fact that the target that is stunned will do 2000% damage to other enemies....

So for example you're fighting the sinister six in midtown. You hit that power and Electro will hit another member of the six at 2000% damage. One Angela can melt a cosmic event boss groups with EASE!

Srunning/crowd controlling bosses is a good feature but every other character ive played can only do it for a second at best. Angela's ability lasts far longer and that 2000% damage they inflict when applied to a boss can yield very abuseable results

• HolyZeroHolyZero Posts: 194 Incredible

Guys guys guys.. Shh.

• JJ82JJ82 Posts: 50 Mighty

Nope nothing to see here. Move along . if anything the power seems a little weak in my experience . Maybe increase the a.o.e or reduce cool down?

• xICEMANxxICEMANx Posts: 92 Mighty

@MrPICKLES2u said:
    Its the fact that the target that is stunned will do 2000% damage to other enemies....

So for example you're fighting the sinister six in midtown. You hit that power and Electro will hit another member of the six at 2000% damage. One Angela can melt a cosmic event boss groups with EASE!

Srunning/crowd controlling bosses is a good feature but every other character ive played can only do it for a second at best. Angela's ability lasts far longer and that 2000% damage they inflict when applied to a boss can yield very abuseable results

Its actually working as intended as the developers/gaz took off DR for crowd control abilities and since Angela's is in an area for 4s pretty much any enemy in that area is confused for 4s.... It's pretty cheese but it isn't broken (mechanic wise) but is pretty OP

@xICEMANx said:
    Its actually working as intended as the developers/gaz took off DR for crowd control abilities and since Angela's is in an area for 4s pretty much any enemy in that area is confused for 4s.... It's pretty cheese but it isn't broken (mechanic wise) but is pretty OP

Why is that no other character can CC a boss like that then? Ice Man cant freeze bosses for more then a split second. Jean Grey's Neural Panic can't do the same and its the same movie essentially.

Hypnotic Ribbons:
    Confused enemy damage - +2000% to other enemies
    Area duration - 4s
    Cooldown - 10s

Neuralc Panic:
    Confused duration - 5s
    Confused enemies deal 2000% more damage to other enemies
    Cooldown - 20s

Neural Panic much like everyone else's CC abilities only effects a boss for a split second. I tested it against multiple boss groups in midtown and they break out of the control before they really do anything. Hypnotic Ribbons though they seem to stay controlled for the full 4 seconds or at the very least long enough to do significant damage to the other bosses.

This isn't an issue on PC as they don't have the CC abilities we do. Is hate to see ours get nerfed or taken away so as to avoid issues like this but as an Angela player this needs to be addressed....preferably before the raid comes out

• IceBusterIceBuster Original East CoastPosts: 251 Amazing

Nah keep HR as it is. Makes Cosmic Patrol so much easier and efficient to farm.

Increased drop rate for cosmic artifacts would be nice.

edited July 17

@MrPICKLES2u said:

@xICEMANx said:

Why is that no other character can CC a boss like that then? Ice Man cant freeze bosses for more then a split second. Jean Grey's Neural Panic can't do the same and its the same movie essentially.

Hypnotic Ribbons:
    Confused enemy damage - +2000% to other enemies
    Area duration - 4s
    Cooldown - 10s

Neuralc Panic:
    Confused duration - 5s
    Confused enemies deal 2000% more damage to other enemies
    Cooldown - 20s

Neural Panic much like everyone else's CC abilities only effects a boss for a split second. I tested it against multiple boss groups in midtown and they break out of the control before they really do anything. Hypnotic Ribbons though they seem to stay controlled for the full 4 seconds or at the very least long enough to do significant damage to the other bosses.

This isn't an issue on PC as they don't have the CC abilities we do. Is hate to see ours get nerfed or taken away so as to avoid issues like this but as an Angela player this needs to be addressed....preferably before the raid comes out

Because they aren't continuous and are in an area. You may not understand it but her ability is continuous duration for 4s in an area around her so every time it goes on the boss the reduced affect happens but very ability persist and since there is no diminishing returns meaning the bosses don't become immune at some point means that bosses gets the full duration of confuse as her ability is continuous around her.

The other abilities you mentioned are probably a cast in a target. For example I tried a confuse with she hulk her duration is 6 seconds but it's a cast ability, not a continuous aura like Angela. The way cc works on bosses less than half a second when I cast it.... The boss gets out of it and that's expected because cc isn't meant to last a long time on bosses and since it's a cool down ability once I Cast the ability and bosses get out of it... It's is gone.

Angela's ability is different it's an ability of continuous dmg/aura for 4s and their is no DR in this game that's why it works.

Hope this make sense

2nd on pc they do have cc abilities but they also have pvp I think on pc they implemented finishing returns.

If you read the patch notes for the console version of the game around the closed/open beta time they specifically mentioned that they did have DR cc on bosses but took it out and wanted to give every hero a good option for crowd control. They did this by removing the DR on bosses
    I'm on mobile sorry for typos

@xICEMANx

I know how the move works, I've played Angela since she was released on pc. But you are incorrect you don't need to constantly stand by the boss to CC it. Hence why Angela can kite a boss for blocks in midtown without it attacking her. As it has the confused effect around his/her head. Yes you will need to go back and reapply the effect and then you go back to kiting it. By kite it I dont mean walk next to it holding its hand btw as contrary to your belief they don't need to stay in the ribbons.

Myself and 2 of my friends tested it for a few hours over the weekend.

Look I get it some people play her simply for this ability and what it can do in patrol but it is way unbalanced and needs to be adjusted

Squirrel Girl's Baffling Dialogue was nerfed to a 20-24 second cooldown(with talent) after the latest patch and now that character is weak. Those wanting Angela's Hypnotic Ribbon to be nerfed are probably going to get their wish, but it is going to be as bad as what they just did to SG.

• brad2240brad2240 Posts: 571 Amazing

@MrPICKLES2u said:

No kidding. I've spent a lot of time in Midtown over the past few days and repeatedly seen Angela destroy entire boss waves in 40-45 seconds. Sometimes there's one left for the rest of us to kill but not always.

I find it makes Midtown boring and frustrating. I like to actually participate in the battles, not watch somebody else win them for me. I also don't like completely missing an encounter if I can't drop what I'm doing and get there before she does.

"If you get hurt, hurt 'em back. If you get killed, walk it off." -Captain America

edited July 17

@MrPICKLES2u said:
    @xICEMANx

I know how the move works, I've played Angela since she was released on pc. But you are incorrect you don't need to constantly stand by the boss to CC it. Hence why Angela can kite a boss for blocks in midtown without it attacking her. As it has the confused effect around his/her head. Yes you will need to go back and reapply the effect and then you go back to kiting it. By kite it I dont mean walk next to it holding its hand btw as contrary to your belief they don't need to stay in the ribbons.

Myself and 2 of my friends tested it for a few hours over the weekend.

Look I get it some people play her simply for this ability and what it can do in patrol but it is way unbalanced and needs to be adjusted

Kites the boss because the boss is no longer confused and the aggro table is put back on Angela once the boss is no longer confused and can therefore move said boss around the midtown map.

Normally, no the enemies don't have to be in an area for the confuse to work. Against non boss enemies/non tagged CC immune abilities or if it doesn't get resisted the 4s duration will last.

However, because bosses have the CC duration of abilities placed on them severely reduced - but there is no Diminishing returns (e.g. the boss won't become immune) In order for it to work properly like the way many people are saying is OP Angela literally has to be near the boss or the boss has to be constantly within the area of the her ribbons. If not her Confuse ability.....just like everyone else will last about a sec or less.

You can try it but using on Crossbones and then just get out of range of him and ensure hes not near the ribbons...he won't stay confused at all because of the duration limitations but he will follow you for a bit (you originally had aggro) you confused him so (you dropped aggro) and now you are out of range (rather he's out of range of the ribbons) so you establish aggro again and he chases you...that's why it works or in other words that's the kiting you talk about.

You can test the other part by staying near him for the full 4 seconds and you will see that he will stay confused and that he won't become immune. (That's the diminishing returns...in this case there is none.)

Guiz can wii plz talk abut howe ridickulusly OP captin americka ez plz.

(I nearly had an aneurysm typing that.)

@xICEMANx said:
    Kites the boss because the boss is no longer confused and the aggro table is put back on Angela once the boss is no longer confused and can therefore move said boss around the midtown map.

Normally, no the enemies don't have to be in an area for the confuse to work. Against non boss enemies/non tagged CC immune abilities or if it doesn't get resisted the 4s duration will last.

However, because bosses have the CC duration of abilities placed on them severely reduced - but there is no Diminishing returns (e.g. the boss won't become immune) In order for it to work properly like the way many people are saying is OP Angela literally has to be near the boss or the boss has to be constantly within the area of the her ribbons. If not her Confuse ability.....just like everyone else will last about a sec or less.

You can try it but using on Crossbones and then just get out of range of him and ensure hes not near the ribbons...he won't stay confused at all because of the duration limitations but he will follow you for a bit (you originally had aggro) you confused him so (you dropped aggro) and now you are out of range (rather he's out of range of the ribbons) so you establish aggro again and he chases you...that's why it works or in other words that's the kiting you talk about.

You can test the other part by staying near him for the full 4 seconds and you will see that he will stay confused and that he won't become immune. (That's the diminishing returns...in this case there is none.)

You dont need to agree with me but I know what myself and many others have tested and come up with. So i guess we will agree to disagree as this isn't getting anywhere nor is it constructive.

Have a good one bud.

@brad2240 said:

@MrPICKLES2u said:

No kidding. I've spent a lot of time in Midtown over the past few days and repeatedly seen Angela destroy entire boss waves in 40-45 seconds. Sometimes there's one left for the rest of us to kill but not always.

I find it makes Midtown boring and frustrating. I like to actually participate in the battles, not watch somebody else win them for me. I also don't like completely missing an encounter if I can't drop what I'm doing and get there before she does.

By participating in battle you mean everyone stands around and spams powers to the point no one can see the bosses or even other heroes thanks to the effects. Or even worse, run out of time and probably kill only one boss.

I'd rather the bosses be like the elites in Diablo 3. Tag'em, smash'em, and move on to the next mob. And Angela's HR makes this work.

• OpticBlasttOpticBlastt Posts: 161 Incredible

@IceBuster said:

@brad2240 said:

@MrPICKLES2u said:

By participating in battle you mean everyone stands around and spams powers to the point no one can see the bosses or even other heroes thanks to the effects. Or even worse, run out of time and probably kill only one boss.

I'd rather the bosses be like the elites in Diablo 3. Tag'em, smash'em, and move on to the next mob. And Angela's HR makes this work.

Feeling like you are literally worthless because of one hero is such an awesome feeling.

• brad2240brad2240 Posts: 571 Amazing

@IceBuster said:

At least I get to play the game and not be relegated to being a spectator. Or worse, miss the whole encounter because Angela got there first and killed everything before I can fly from one end of the map to the other.

@OpticBlastt said:

Feeling like you are literally worthless because of one hero is such an awesome feeling.

This.

"If you get hurt, hurt 'em back. If you get killed, walk it off." -Captain America

@OpticBlastt said:

@IceBuster said:

@brad2240 said:

@MrPICKLES2u said:

You can always be a sidekick.

• psionikrpsionikr TXPosts: 72 Mighty

@OpticBlastt said:

@IceBuster said:

@brad2240 said:

@MrPICKLES2u said:

Midtown is a farming map and Angela provides farming support. Silly that people are complaining about better farming on a farming map. There are other game modes where certain characters feel more relevant than others.

• ATG LuckySlayerATG LuckySlayer Posts: 79 Mighty

@IceBuster sg is not weak at all she has a very quick ttk

• xXHappyPuppyXxxXHappyPuppyXx Posts: 65 Mighty

With out a few blades or at least one Angela... mid town boss fights would be fail after fail.. Seen it so often with groups. yes it sucks that we have to rely on just two type of hero's to put out enough single target on boss damage but I rather have them their then to waste 5 mins and only kill half the villains..

• psionikrpsionikr TXPosts: 72 Mighty
    edited July 23

@xXHappyPuppyXx said:
    With out a few blades or at least one Angela... mid town boss fights would be fail after fail.. Seen it so often with groups. yes it sucks that we have to rely on just two type of hero's to put out enough single target on boss damage but I rather have them their then to waste 5 mins and only kill half the villains..

Agree.. I'm always thankful whenever I see an Angela in Midtown. She can be decked out with just a few hours. Farming is diminishing returns after that. This is part of why we don't always see Angela in Midtown and will see her even less in Midtown as time passes.

• secretmedicinesecretmedicine TexasPosts: 105 Incredible

Iceman can take bosses with a leap and permafreeze them as the leap rezets their freezability, vulture and doom phase 2 never move when i fight them. That power...much like angelas confusion, has a few op situations, and other not so good situations. Confusing ribbons is just an interrupt if theres only one boss. Great in patrols, not great in ops.

• BertholdtHooverBertholdtHoover Outside of the wallsPosts: 750 Amazing
    edited July 23

Only thing that makes me sad in Midtown is when I can't get to where Angela is and I can't get the loot(but when I'm there I kinda like it... Since I don't want to spend 4 minutes to kill bosses and sometimes only want to get some loot, which almost never works if there aren't some strong heroes around and I would also like if they implement the ability to turn of other people's powers in midtown) If they nerd this ability they should also nerf those Midtown bosses :'[ you should change the name of the thread to 'Unicorns and Clouds are one and the same' before people start sending contracted killers to your house, just a heads up(joke k?).

The power of the cosmic cube protects me!

• freeedagawdfreeedagawd Posts: 1 New Agent

i despise people that constantly cry about nerfing things instead of bringing other classes and abilities in line.

As someone who mains Angela (max prestige, etc), trying to farm midtown without her on other characters is absolutely stroke inducing, without an Angela it either takes way way too long or you fail. Where as with Angela, I solo midtown with ease, lol. GAZILLION PLEASE DON'T NERF MY MAIN BRO. I'll kiss the eggplant and everything if you don't.

• xXHappyPuppyXxxXHappyPuppyXx Posts: 65 Mighty

@HolyZero said:
    As someone who mains Angela (max prestige, etc), trying to farm midtown without her on other characters is absolutely stroke inducing, without an Angela it either takes way way too long or you fail. Where as with Angela, I solo midtown with ease, lol. GAZILLION PLEASE DON'T NERF MY MAIN BRO. I'll kiss the eggplant and everything if you don't.

Or if they do.. they better buff everyone else's damage or nerf the heath on the boss's lol