Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

Marvel Heroes Omega
Maintenance is complete and the Marvel Heroes Omega PS4 & XB1 servers are now back online. Thank you for your patience!

Changes to Hawkeye since closed beta

brad2240brad2240 Posts: 571 Amazing
edited June 2 in HAWKEYE

I posted this in a thread in General but it belongs here, too. There's been some changes to Hawkeye not listed in the patch notes.

Boomerang Arrow no longer has a stun effect.

Flash Bomb now has a 2 second stun component, but lost the 25% base damage increase. The Phosphorous Flashbang talent now adds 2 seconds to the duration, up from 1, but doesn't increase base damage.

Freeze Arrow no longer actually freezes, and has had the Vulnerability component removed.

Shrieking Arrow has its cooldown increased from 8 seconds to 12.

Wave of Arrows no longer has a Slow effect.

The Can't Miss talent now applies to all Arrow powers instead of all non-Trick Arrow powers.

"If you get hurt, hurt 'em back. If you get killed, walk it off." -Captain America

Comments

• BluBmbrBluBmbr Posts: 90 Mighty

I didn't play in closed beta, but from the sounds of it they really nerfed Hawkeye. I find his damage right now is really quite bad. Also, his Trident Arrowheads trait isn't working for me. It says Wave of Arrows, Serrated Arrow and another skill (blanking on it, Speed Loader Volley?) have a 25% chance to proc a trick arrow, and yet I have never got it to proc. I put it in the Hero Bugs section.

I do hope that they give Hawkeye some attention. I get that he's not a super popular hero, but he's got a dedicated fan base who main him.

• brad2240brad2240 Posts: 571 Amazing

I just tried out Trident Arrowheads in the training room and it works for me. Tried all three skills with all three Trick Arrow types and all worked. Speed Loader Volley and Wave of Arrows hit so many times that they proc the Trick effect fairly consistently.

for the sake of clarity, you are firing a Trick Arrow first aren't you? The Trident talent doesn't generate the Trick effect, it just gives those three skills a chance to proc the effect like Rocket Arrow and Boomerang Arrow do.

As to the general state of Hawkeye, I've been leveling him on Heroic, like I do all my toons, and I feel he's solidly average. He's got very good single-target damage but struggles a bit with packs, largely because Wave of Arrows does pitiful damage for its cost. And he's squishy, which is keeping me more mobile than the other ranged characters I've been playing. Overall, I'm having fun with him but I don't see myself playing him long after I ding 60.

"If you get hurt, hurt 'em back. If you get killed, walk it off." -Captain America

@brad2240 said:
    I just tried out Trident Arrowheads in the training room and it works for me. Tried all three skills with all three Trick Arrow types and all worked. Speed Loader Volley and Wave of Arrows hit so many times that they proc the Trick effect fairly consistently.

for the sake of clarity, you are firing a Trick Arrow first aren't you? The Trident talent doesn't generate the Trick effect, it just gives those three skills a chance to proc the effect like Rocket Arrow and Boomerang Arrow do.

As to the general state of Hawkeye, I've been leveling him on Heroic, like I do all my toons, and I feel he's solidly average. He's got very good single-target damage but struggles a bit with packs, largely because Wave of Arrows does pitiful damage for its cost. And he's squishy, which is keeping me more mobile than the other ranged characters I've been playing. Overall, I'm having fun with him but I don't see myself playing him long after I ding 60.

Ah! I knew there was something I was missing, I am not doing a trick arrow first. I thought it would give them a chance to proc a random trick arrow. I believe this is what the PC version does?

@brad2240 said:

So, I've been playing with Hawkeye trying to get Trident Arrowheads to work, and it still will not proc even with using a trick arrow first. With that talent, the 3 skills in its description should have a 25% chance to proc a trick arrow without having to do anything other than use those skills. This is how it works in the PC version, and I believe it's intended use on console. Doesn't make sense to have to first use a trick arrow.

• TonyBingTonyBing Posts: 1,738 Astonishing

Eugh do not like. Why are these changes happening without any documentation :(

-------------------------------------- NEW TO MARVEL HEROES OMEGA? CHECKOUT MY BEGINNERS GUIDES HERE | COSTUME PREVIEWS HERE ---------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW ME TWITTER & YOUTUBE | PSN ID: TONYBING_MHO | STEAM ID: TONYBINGGAMING -------------------------------------------------

• brad2240brad2240 Posts: 571 Amazing

@TonyBing said:

I don't know. Nor do I know why Hawkeye, of all characters, needed nerfs. I wasn't too happy to discover them either.

On the bright side, I still have fun with him. I need to play him more. There just aren't enough hours in the day for all the heroes "I need to play more." :p

• TrophyHoarderTrophyHoarder Posts: 116 Incredible

@TonyBing said:

Same thing with Gambit. Why all the unnecessary nerfs? What is the point of having patch notes if you don't note all of the changes? Shady as hell practices. Might as well dump the patches without any sort of notes at all.