Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

Marvel Heroes Omega

Am I building him wrong?

SweetcheeksSweetcheeks True BelieverPosts: 51 Mighty

He's my favorite hero and I play him a lot but after reading the forums I feel like my damage is low. I pretty much just stack Dodge and Speed and Brutal DMG.

I dont know my talents off the top of my head and im not at home to check them but for skills i use
Assault and Battery - Opener (Ups Damage with Buff)
@ Full Combo I use Street Sweeper/Overhead AoE for faster animation
I use Bouncing Batons and his Signature basically on CD
Tornado Kick after every Combo Spender

Basically I dont have any issues but people say their Tornado Kick is hitting for anything from 500k-1mil dmg and the highest I think I have ever seen against a boss is like 240k Brutal Strike. Was just curious if I am not doing something that I should be. My survivability is really high though and even with 200k Brute Strike Tornado Kicks I smashed the Cosmic Trials twice. I mean are they talking like collective damage from an AoE Kick?

Mostly I am just curious due to him being my favorite hero and wanting to get the most out of him.

"I'm good...but not that good."

Comments

• GDWarheroGDWarhero Posts: 15 Mighty

I was doing the same thing at first... "guaranteed brutal hit = just stack brutal dmg"

It is my understanding now that brutal damage alone isnt that great. Its just a multiplier to your critical. If you want the really big numbers your gonna need high base damage, high crit damage and brute damage to top it off. While also having radar ping active.

I'm still trying to learn all this too, so maybe someone else with some more experience can explain it better

• ArcEltareArcEltare Posts: 54 Mighty
    edited June 2

@Spoofs has the right of it. Great write up.

It's worth noting that the crazy high Tornado Kick damage(the roughly 1million ones that I get) that I mentioned in another thread comes from a few things.

1: Full Cosmic gear
    2: A whole lot of brutal damage (7361+an additional 16% from infinity points)
    3: Always having vulnerability from Rebounding Club up.
    4: Making use of Radar Ping's double damage effect.
    And 5: There's a boss affix that lays down a field around them which increases all damage dealt by those inside of it. Affects both for you and the boss.

My base Tornado Kick damage is only about 300k

• SweetcheeksSweetcheeks True Believer Posts: 51 Mighty

All great info thanks for the help, cant wait to try it in game. Radar Ping being the big part i was misusing.

"I'm good...but not that good."

• MotorCityPlMPlNMotorCityPlMPlN Michigan USAPosts: 8 Mighty

is radar ping just apart of the game or is it something you equip?

• KingofFreaksVAMHKingofFreaksVAMH Posts: 38 Mighty

@MotorCityPlMPlN said:

It's automatic once you build full (five) combo points or if you have the All-Out Brawl talent selected, it pings every four seconds or so.

"'Man Without Fear,' they call me. Only because I'm blind. If I could see half the stuff I get myself into, I'd be scared brown" -- Daredevil (Volume 3, #10, written by Mark Waid)

PSN: KingofFreaks2

Characters:

Main: Daredevil (Prestige Rank 6, Cosmic Level 60)
    Thor (Prestige Rank 6, Cosmic Level 43) *Leveling
    Spider-Man (Prestige Rank 2, Cosmic Level 16) *Leveling
    Gambit (Prestige Rank 1, Cosmic Level 60)
    Nightcrawler (Prestige Rank 1, Cosmic Level 60)
    Iceman (Cosmic Level 60)
    Moon Knight (Cosmic Level 60)
    Wiccan (Cosmic Level 60)
    Star-Lord (Level 60)
    Deadpool (Level 16) *Leveling

• MotorCityPlMPlNMotorCityPlMPlN Michigan USAPosts: 8 Mighty

Thank you! I get it now.

• xICEMANxxICEMANx Posts: 92 Mighty
    edited July 10

@KingofFreaksVAMH said:

@MotorCityPlMPlN said:

It's automatic once you build full (five) combo points or if you have the All-Out Brawl talent selected, it pings every four seconds or so.

Doesn't the king only happen once every 4 seconds... Even if talented for combo points? Essentially they broke dare devil.

@xICEMANx said:

@KingofFreaksVAMH said:

@MotorCityPlMPlN said:

Doesn't the king only happen once every 4 seconds... Even if talented for combo points? Essentially they broke dare devil.

Can you explain a bit? I don't really follow.

"'Man Without Fear,' they call me. Only because I'm blind. If I could see half the stuff I get myself into, I'd be scared brown" -- Daredevil (Volume 3, #10, written by Mark Waid)

Characters:

Iceman (Cosmic Level 60)
    Wiccan (Cosmic Level 60)
    Star-Lord (Level 60)

edited July 11

@KingofFreaksVAMH

Well from what I could tell even if you aren't talented in the talent that removes combo points no matter how quickly you get to 5 he only pings once every 4 seconds maybe it's me but it's bugged.

Try this out. Get 5 combo points (ping should go off) activate finisher and then immediately activate signature (another ping should go off) which should give you the bonus dmg to TK maybe its me but I don't ever see the 2nd ping from the signature. I think there is an ICD

Sorry for gross typos lol on mobile

Do you still get the damage for it?

Characters:

Iceman (Cosmic Level 60)
    Wiccan (Cosmic Level 60)
    Star-Lord (Level 60)

• FaizahnFaizahn A galaxy far, far away....Posts: 51 Mighty

@Spoofs said:
    Hmm that's annoying my post ate itself, had to redo it...

So, most of this comes down to Radar Ping. When you reach 5 combo points, you proc radar ping which increases the damage of your next finisher or tornado kick by 100%. ( This has a 4 second cooldown)

From what you've said, you use your finisher every time after you reach 5 combo points, which means any radar ping procs are going towards that ability, not tornado kick.

Rotationally, what should happen is you build 5 combo points, use a finisher, build 5 combo points, then use Tornado Kick, followed by your finisher. Tornado kick lasts 3 seconds after using a finisher which is enough time to build 5 combo points again instead of immediately using it after the finisher.

A basic rotation without all the min-maxing would be something like this:

5 combo points (radar ping procs)> finisher > 5 combo > Tornado Kick > finisher > 5 combo(radar ping) > TK > finisher > 5 combo > TK > finisher > 5 combo(radar ping) > TK > finisher etc.

Every bolded attack you see here is benefiting from the radar ping damage buff, effectively doubling the damage of every other Tornado Kick after the first.

For your signature, replace any 5 combo generation with your Sig when it's off cooldown because of the 5 combo points it gives you when you hit.

For talents you'll want to go with:

Knockout Punch or Extra Torque

Gatecrasher or Ring the Bell depending on which basic you use

Blind Justice - personally i never found the other options helped much for survivability here

Fighting Rhythm - Much higher Signature uptime

Combo Fighter

Thank you. I was looking for a better way to use him. I believe I was making the same mistakes as the OP.

Great info.

XBox One: Faison13

• SpoofsSpoofs Posts: 16 Mighty

@xICEMANx Yeah they added a 4 second CD to Radar Ping but no damage compensation elsewhere during the "biggest update ever" patch for PC. Console got that version as well. It's a shame because his damage wasn't in an amazing spot before, but it's gotten severely worse now.

@KingofFreaksVAMH said:
    Do you still get the damage for it?

No do don't get bonus dmg from it. Sucks. If fighting more than one enemy I would use my single target finisher on one enemy then switch to a different enemy and use TK.
    Thats the only way you are getting the bonus dmg

• JohnnyPersiaJohnnyPersia Posts: 108 Incredible

I'm still a bit confused on this.

What I was doing previously was building up the combo, doing a finisher, and then performing tornado kick.

Now, it seems like an extremely tight window to build up the combo, perform a finisher, then within three seconds, build up another combo, and perform a tornado kick after the ping to get the extra damage. I feel like there's too much of a chance to miss altogether on the damage from the tornado kick this way.

But, my problem with the cosmic trial at the moment is that I run out of time with one or two enemies left.

• SpoofsSpoofs Posts: 16 Mighty

@JohnnyPersia having some attack speed helps a lot for him. It'll let you build your combo faster and give you a little more wiggle room. But honestly if it looks like you're gonna let your TK time out because of positioning just use it early that time around.

Generally for the trial I was kind of jumping in and out of melee depending on whether my medkit was up because you're almost always going to be trading blows when there's a bunch of enemies up.

Sliding strike into the fray lets you build 3 combo points instantly when you're at 0 and stuns everything for at least a second or 2 which can let you do the rotation properly once. Then back out and throw some rebounding clubs to keep damage and the vulnerability debuff up.

Grouping stuff together is fairly important too. TK does have a cone area of effect and you should always be trying to hit at least more than 1 target with it.

To add to this, keeping the boss by some of the tankier mobs lets you save time since you're whittling him down while taking care of the adds with the same attacks.

• adawg1337adawg1337 Posts: 6 New Agent

Howdy. Not really new to the game, but very new to trying in it. lol

I'm thinking I'm thinking that last talent which treats every finisher as a CD w/max combos is the way to beast tornado kick. Basically your radar ping will go off when you hit someone. Its actually more immersive IMO. Has a 4s CD, so I'm thinking this is designed to use a finisher right before the pings CD is up, then you have all the time you need to hit the tornado kick without panic button smashings. Haven't figured out my endgame combo yet since I'm still under 60, so far it's been the easiest to figure out though. Try and start a fight at max combo. If so I start with 'jumping strike' as my finisher. I chose it because it moves me to my target fast for the kick and gets me exactly where I want to be. If I have no combo points I use sliding strike and roll away. Sometimes, for many enemies like the trials, I'll throw my rebounding club (is it me, or does anyone else think that icon looks like chain linked sausage?) in right about here and then the firecracker 'apprehend' and depending on the danger I either leap in with my finisher and kick their face off or roll away again to find a better window. I'll ALWAYS save my finisher till the window, usually throwing the sausage at them and rolling till it opens. If I get the finisher off quick enough I'll use my 'devils due' to refill combo and start looking for finisher window again. For my basics attack I'm using Staff Strike cause it FEELS like combo points generate at the same overall speed and more dmg, but I'm thinking I'm wrong and should be 'chucking' for quicker attacks. (Thoughts would be appreciated on ANY of this. I welcome the most constructive of criticisms, insults can ping off ;)

I still haven't worked out his kinks, at first I ignored his personal crit dmg boost and stacked brute damage. But at lvl 55 I still can't beat superheroic? I did that with deadpool at 40, and Scarlet Witch at 13!!! And it's not that he can't do it since about lvl 30 I have gotten 2nd boss down to 20% each try, and I have tried about 6 times now.

I'm going another route and gonna try stacking his natural crit dmg and def stat. Looks like it's dodge but he has a deflect boost too, I'm still figuring out how to actually read the stats.

Played WoW for almost 4 years off and on, and if it wasn't my main character the stats were Greek to me. This game is infinity easier to read, but where it should spell out specific things all I see are vague 1 line quick FAQs type instructions. And I don't mean online forums and stuff, that's the in game descriptions that are vague. >.<

• ThemisterphenixThemisterphenix South Carolina Posts: 260 Amazing

@adawg1337 said:
    Howdy. Not really new to the game, but very new to trying in it. lol

I'm thinking I'm thinking that last talent which treats every finisher as a CD w/max combos is the way to beast tornado kick. Basically your radar ping will go off when you hit someone. Its actually more immersive IMO. Has a 4s CD, so I'm thinking this is designed to use a finisher right before the pings CD is up, then you have all the time you need to hit the tornado kick without panic button smashings. Haven't figured out my endgame combo yet since I'm still under 60, so far it's been the easiest to figure out though. Try and start a fight at max combo. If so I start with 'jumping strike' as my finisher. I chose it because it moves me to my target fast for the kick and gets me exactly where I want to be. If I have no combo points I use sliding strike and roll away. Sometimes, for many enemies like the trials, I'll throw my rebounding club (is it me, or does anyone else think that icon looks like chain linked sausage?) in right about here and then the firecracker 'apprehend' and depending on the danger I either leap in with my finisher and kick their face off or roll away again to find a better window. I'll ALWAYS save my finisher till the window, usually throwing the sausage at them and rolling till it opens. If I get the finisher off quick enough I'll use my 'devils due' to refill combo and start looking for finisher window again. For my basics attack I'm using Staff Strike cause it FEELS like combo points generate at the same overall speed and more dmg, but I'm thinking I'm wrong and should be 'chucking' for quicker attacks. (Thoughts would be appreciated on ANY of this. I welcome the most constructive of criticisms, insults can ping off ;)

I still haven't worked out his kinks, at first I ignored his personal crit dmg boost and stacked brute damage. But at lvl 55 I still can't beat superheroic? I did that with deadpool at 40, and Scarlet Witch at 13!!! And it's not that he can't do it since about lvl 30 I have gotten 2nd boss down to 20% each try, and I have tried about 6 times now.

I'm going another route and gonna try stacking his natural crit dmg and def stat. Looks like it's dodge but he has a deflect boost too, I'm still figuring out how to actually read the stats.

Played WoW for almost 4 years off and on, and if it wasn't my main character the stats were Greek to me. This game is infinity easier to read, but where it should spell out specific things all I see are vague 1 line quick FAQs type instructions. And I don't mean online forums and stuff, that's the in game descriptions that are vague. >.<

I feel Nunchuck beatdown has faster attack speed and with attack speed added it has a faster animation.Plus with the talent Nunchuck beatdown can stun.Try it out and see what you think.

• adawg1337adawg1337 Posts: 6 New Agent

It feels like it does build combo points faster.(I actually tries it around the time you posted and never looked back, but only read you post today) I guess originally I was tunnel visioned by damage, and the staff does hit harder per hit. My thinking was if I'm running around in only gonna get in 1-2 hits before I wanna move again, staff would max the damage. But really you can get a few hits in before you need to move. Definitely play it safe in the cosmic and move sooner rather than later. But 1-2 hits was the kinda caution that is more dangerous in the long run.