Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

Marvel Heroes Omega

Best enemy to take as minion?

JoebobsamJoebobsam Posts: 9 New Agent

Just wondering if anyone knows the best minion and where to get him for magik?

Comments

• MeroMero Posts: 372 Amazing

I was really hoping we could take one from the dimension collides....nope

• MutantJugMutantJug Posts: 22 Mighty
    edited June 10

I imagine any elite with 'Commanding', and 'Frenzied' would be fine. I don't exactly see any stat changes by using them but as is I'm just assuming its working as intended. Just avoid using the purifier deacons, atm they seem to sheild everything including enemies.

Personally I've been using an obliterator, but the big elite wasps are nice too, they spawn more little wasps.

• KyouzenKyouzen Posts: 18 Mighty

I tried a bunch of them - the brood wasps were okay but the lil wasps they spawned always died immediately after the summon ended and they were basically worthless while they were around anyhow.

My favorite so far is Cyclops...
    Well - his clone anyway, found in Sinister's Lab, it seemed a shame to let a perfectly good copy of him go to waste. Now you're probably thinking, hey if you can get the clones as minions why not grab Colossus or Wolverine? Because they're both broken, neither target enemies and instead stand around passively while their summon timer runs out. Lazy. Cyclops on the other hand runs around and shoots stuff. A vast improvement, however he's not the strongest minion I've found but he does have eye beams - so he has that going for him.

• MeroMero Posts: 372 Amazing

@Kyouzen said:
    I tried a bunch of them - the brood wasps were okay but the lil wasps they spawned always died immediately after the summon ended and they were basically worthless while they were around anyhow.

Well - his clone anyway, found in Sinister's Lab, it seemed a shame to let a perfectly good copy of him go to waste. Now you're probably thinking, hey if you can get the clones as minions why not grab Colossus or Wolverine? Because they're both broken, neither target enemies and instead stand around passively while their summon timer runs out. Lazy. Cyclops on the other hand runs around and shoots stuff. A vast improvement, however he's not the strongest minion I've found but he does have eye beams - so he has that going for him.

I noticed colossus gets stuck sometimes. Plus he is melee so and has trouble chasing things when fist knocks them around. I have considered trying cyclops since we would be ranged

edited June 11

After more experience I learned that I was kinda wrong, it's not just Wolverine and Colossus that are lazy (they are though) but all minions that have this targeting bug and it's actually certain maps that cause it. For instance, basically the entirety of hell's kitchen seems to be problematic and a number of treasure rooms seem to be bugged as well. I'll have to do more testing.

That being said there's a named heavy gunner in the mine shaft at the Training Camp that I've been using and he seems to do more damage than some of the others I've used.

• JraegunJraegun Lost AF! SOS!Posts: 174 Incredible

Post a build shortly in which I picked up a Dark Elf Assassin Elite?(blue aura) for the teleport and movement powers so he was always in range of mobs.

All the best things in Marvel Heroes Omega... or… at least a few things... Youtube-Jraegun

Er Ma Gawd Follow Meh: Insta-Jraegun
    Another One: Twitch-Jraegun

Only accepting human requests. PSN: Jraegun

• secretmedicinesecretmedicine TexasPosts: 106 Incredible

@Kyouzen said:

How are you guys capturing these enemies? I channel and kill tons of enemies with the skill but do not get the return from limbo

edited June 12

@secretmedicine said:
    How are you guys capturing these enemies? I channel and kill tons of enemies with the skill but do not get the return from limbo

Hold 'Eternal Servitude' on an enemy till it is finished, the ability changes to 'Back from Limbo'. Use this to summon the captured enemy. Dismiss the captured enemy by opening your powers menu highlighting the said power and holding 'square'.

It seems that a large chunk of their damage comes from the aoe dot that surrounds these minions, so really where you summon them and their proximity to enemies has a bigger impact on their dps than the particular minions set of attacks. This makes ranged far less effective if you summon them away from the group or if you or the tank pull the enemies away from them. Not to say ranged minions are worse, I'm still using the named gunner, but you definitely need to be cognizant of where you are when you summon them. Just my evolving two cents on this subject though.

@Joebobsam said:
    Just wondering if anyone knows the best minion and where to get him for magik?

"O'Bolrik the Cairnlord" - Yellow Elite Mele with both the 'Commanding' and 'Frenzied' Affix.

Go to Chapter 4: Lower East Side (Cosmic)
    Travel to the 'Old Warehouse' (Treasure Room)

Finding the right Affix will not be easy. There can be many combinations, so if it's not the right ones just teleport away, down 'D-pad' to bodyslide back to your hub, switch heroes to reset the room and repeat. Took me a couple hours at least.

• SZuko63SZuko63 Posts: 4 New Agent

I've noticed that if you take bigger minions they get to attack once or not at all, i.e. King Lizard, due to the fact that they are slow. I've taken Wolverine's clone as one and he seems to attack more often but I'm not sure how much damage the minions do...it doesn't seem to be much.

I also heard that whatever minion you have the damage or special affixes don't matter and that they all end up doing the same damage with regular attacks, is this true?

edited June 13

@SZuko63 said:
    I also heard that whatever minion you have the damage or special affixes don't matter and that they all end up doing the same damage with regular attacks, is this true?

This is certainly a possibility, although using a summon with the commanding affix leaves a visually distinct glyph like aura under each of your summoned minions. While this doesn't necessarily prove that your minions are getting a buff, it does seem to verify that the game is reading this attached affix on the captured summon, and that your minions are reacting to it.

• SZuko63SZuko63 Posts: 4 New Agent

@MutantJug said:

@SZuko63 said:

This is certainly a possibility. Although using a summon with the commanding affix leaves a visually distinct glyph like aura under each of your summoned minions. While this doesn't necessarily prove that your minions are getting a buff, it does seem to verify that it the game is reading this attached affix on the captured summon, and that your minions are reacting to it.

I see, I'll try to capture O'Bolrik the Cairnlord, whether he uses it or not at least he looks cool.

• mecstermecster Posts: 83 Mighty

How much damage does this mob dish out with the ability? Is it worth taking the skill over soul cleave?

edited June 13

@mecster said:
    How much damage does this mob dish out with the ability? Is it worth taking the skill over soul cleave?

While the damage from summoning a captured enemy does feel significant, I wouldn't suggest dropping soul cleave. That is IMO the best spirit dump magik has.

• mecstermecster Posts: 83 Mighty

@MutantJug said:

@mecster said:

While the damage from summoning a captured enemy does feel significant, I wouldn't suggest dropping soul cleave. That is IMO the best spirit dump magik has.

Is it worth replacing any other skills? I managed cosmic trial without the limbo ability but my damage feels extremely low compared to other summoners

edited June 13

@SZuko63 said:
    I've noticed that if you take bigger minions they get to attack once or not at all, i.e. King Lizard, due to the fact that they are slow. I've taken Wolverine's clone as one and he seems to attack more often but I'm not sure how much damage the minions do...it doesn't seem to be much.

I was testing out the dps from gear and it certainly does seem to have an impact an all of your summon's damage. I tried gearing for both "summon damage rating" and then "fighting stat" gear and the fighting stat did more damage hands down. It's not even close.

It seems to affect both the attacks and aoe of minions as well as regular summons. Stacking a character's main stat on gear seems to be the way to go for dps no matter the character.

The stat you want for each character can be found in the "traits" menu, which you get to through the powers menu, for the curious. Just fyi for those interested for other characters - fighting or intelligence appear to be the go-to gear for dps.

:edit:
    Got distracted and forgot to add that I'm not sure on whether affixes matter but as far as all minions doing the same damage with regular attacks seems to be completely untrue.

• raideroutlawsraideroutlaws Posts: 22 Mighty

Cyclops worked very well for me.

• psychicdrillpsychicdrill Posts: 253 Amazing

I have used random blue enemies, and after I cast them, I get distracted by the mobs, that when I check how they're doing, they're already gone lol Still, I love the sense of security I get with all my minions around me <3

• Kvic89Kvic89 Posts: 58 Mighty

Are any of the dinosaurs worth taking?

• LordShadeLordShade Forever trapped in the 80sPosts: 219 Amazing

Colossus for me for lore reasons. Or brood wasp king for numbers. He's a summon that summons! How cool is that?

• eternalscourgeeternalscourge Posts: 494 Amazing
    edited July 16

Can dinosaurs even be taken? I don't want to give up my stalker x drone with 4 Affixs for Adi issue that can't be captured. I tried capturing people in chapter 9 and even normal enemies it wouldn't let me capture

GT: EternalScourge feel free to add me

• ToTheHeavenzToTheHeavenz Posts: 3 New Agent

I still havent found one that does significant damage or use. I feel that replacing this power with a different one entirely will do more dps anyways. Maybe if the dmg were buffed or the summon duration increased, but yeah... not much use from this power.

• eternalscourgeeternalscourge Posts: 494 Amazing

I disagree; its uniqueness makes it worth using regardless. I'm not a min/maxer tho.

GT: EternalScourge feel free to add me

• MythicalKnightMythicalKnight Posts: 562 Amazing

Hey guys I'm new to Magik, question.
    If I have a thrall/minion and I travel to tower do I have to go and get a new one, do I loose it?

• OnesOwnGriefOnesOwnGrief Posts: 603 Amazing

@MythicalKnight said:
    If I have a thrall/minion and I travel to tower do I have to go and get a new one, do I loose it?

You keep it forever until you dismiss it.

PSN: OnesOwnGrief

Gazillion, treat your paying consumers better.

@OnesOwnGrief said:

@MythicalKnight said:

Thanks
    I suppose that if you change the skill you loose them right?
    If they die you loose it too?

@MythicalKnight said:

@OnesOwnGrief said:

@MythicalKnight said:

Thanks

No. You keep them forever. The skill remains Back From Limbo until you dismiss the thrall. You don't have to worry about them taking damage either.

@OnesOwnGrief said:

@MythicalKnight said:

@OnesOwnGrief said:

@MythicalKnight said:

Thanks

No. You keep them forever. The skill remains Back From Limbo until you dismiss the thrall. You don't have to worry about them taking damage either.

Thanks for the help man but do you think is better than command lesser demons ? Because I'm going for a hybrid build and have to choose.
    Is only 10 sec vs 30 sec cooldown. Not sure if the damage is worth the cooldown.

@MythicalKnight said:
    Thanks for the help man but do you think is better than command lesser demons ? Because I'm going for a hybrid build and have to choose.
    Is only 10 sec vs 30 sec cooldown. Not sure if the damage is worth the cooldown.

If you're going Hybrid, it would depend on which talents you're going to take. Both could be low DPS compared to your other options. I would pick lesser demons over Back From Limbo. Depends on what you do with Dark Pact/Alliance.