Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

Marvel Heroes Omega
The Marvel Heroes Omega PlayStation 4 servers are now back online! Thank you for your patience.
The Marvel Heroes Omega Xbox One servers are now back online! Thank you for your patience.

How is his end game?

SweetcheeksSweetcheeks True BelieverPosts: 51 Mighty

I recently chose Wolverine to be my 12th character to level and I got him to 21 so far. All I can say is he is a beast, I feel like I hit hard and fast and melt both solo boss mobs or grouped up trash. Does his destruction hold up at level 60 with some gear or does he drop off like I felt with Hawkeye.

"I'm good...but not that good."

Comments

• SukoshiSeppenSukoshiSeppen AlbertaPosts: 136 Incredible

I am a fairly skilled player and wolverine for his cosmic trial will actually be impossible for a fair few of players. I beat it on 3rd try where everyone else was 1st try.

His damage is low, everything is close range melee and his aoe is not great for even trash mobs on cosmic where nearly every other hero was decent.

You can gear him to be fairly tank worthy with regen per second and health on hit so if you dont mind killing 3x or more slower then other heroes. He also kind of has multiple damage resistent moves and healing moves.

For cosmic gearing ive tried multiple builds with multiple geat sets(main stat build, crit/brut chance build, atk speed build, hybrid)...and he doesnt hold up very well at all. If you go into cosmic patrols tho...good chance you will be the only wolverine.

• Gorehowl82Gorehowl82 Posts: 4 New Agent

Struggling with the exact same thing. Tank build = even slow on thrash. Go for main stat/crit/brut and you'll go down like a sack of rocks... I seriously hope they do something for Wolvie...

• GreatWhiteNorthGreatWhiteNorth Posts: 27 Mighty
    edited June 11

It pains me to say this but Wolverine is pure garbage end game, he gets out damaged by pretty much every other hero on the roster. It's almost like he's been purposely made to suck or be a joke character or something with how bad his damage is in comparison to everyone else.

He is not worthy of being a 775 splinter hero.

• VenggarVenggar Posts: 58 Mighty

Thanks for the insight, was going to purchase. Won't be doing so now

• SetfreexXSetfreexX XBOX1Posts: 83 Mighty

I think I will still pick him up, part of the fun is over coming what feels like character adversity, so I think tinkering with gear / builds will be half the fun.

There were similar complaints on Spidey in the other forum, and once you get him set up he's very effective.

XBL GT - Setfree xX (Add Me For Farming Runs - Not Newb Status)

Spiderman (60 - Cosmic Completed) <--- Main
    Hulk - (60 - Cosmic Completed)
    Wolverine - (60 - Cosmic Pending -- Gear Farming for Success)
    Nightcrawler - (60 - Cosmic)
    Scarlet Witch - (50 - No Trials Completed)
    Followed by - Iron-Man most likely

edited July 16

@SetfreexX said:
    I think I will still pick him up, part of the fun is over coming what feels like character adversity, so I think tinkering with gear / builds will be half the fun.

There were similar complaints on Spidey in the other forum, and once you get him set up he's very effective.

Update, level 48 currently and Logan is a BEAST!! This is while I still have the level 50 & 56 talents to unlock. Really good tank ability, and a triple signature charge that adds guaranteed crit/brut to three different skills is awesome!

Once I unlocked his bleed effects with the 20% damage buff to help with AOE I saw his ability to handle crowds improve. You have to move around, with him but he can also get in close and get off a nice flurry for damage. I had some critical hits eclipse 100k at level 30.

The more I play this game the more I see it's about hearing your hero properly towards their traits and talents. It makes a huge difference.

Now if you like to sit back and do damage from range I would suggest him. But if you like to mix it up he's a must.

• Blackdreeds513Blackdreeds513 Posts: 15 New Agent

Wolverine is a beast just beat cosmic trial with him in it was a struggle because you have to be on your game damage was not a problem had 32 second to spare

@Blackdreeds513 said:
    Wolverine is a beast just beat cosmic trial with him in it was a struggle because you have to be on your game damage was not a problem had 32 second to spare

You mind posting a screen shot of your stats screen (Crit/Brutal etc)

I swear my stats are on par with where I had Spidey / Hulk in relation to Crit/Brut but it's been much harder with him.

• henplophenplop Posts: 12 Mighty

@SetfreexX said:

@SetfreexX said:

Update, level 48 currently and Logan is a BEAST!! This is while I still have the level 50 & 56 talents to unlock. Really good tank ability, and a triple signature charge that adds guaranteed crit/brut to three different skills is awesome!

Once I unlocked his bleed effects with the 20% damage buff to help with AOE I saw his ability to handle crowds improve. You have to move around, with him but he can also get in close and get off a nice flurry for damage. I had some critical hits eclipse 100k at level 30.

The more I play this game the more I see it's about hearing your hero properly towards their traits and talents. It makes a huge difference.

Now if you like to sit back and do damage from range I would suggest him. But if you like to mix it up he's a must.

I'm really glad you are enjoying the Wolverine!

However, it would helpful to refrain from saying a character is a "beast" before cosmic 60. It seems you are having trouble passing cosmic, so clearly he is NOT "beast", and saying he is (based on pre-end game information, where EVERYONE can be "beast") can eclipse the feedback that wolverine is in a rough spot right now.

@henplop said:

@SetfreexX said:

@SetfreexX said:

However, it would helpful to refrain from saying a character is a "beast" before cosmic 60. It seems you are having trouble passing cosmic, so clearly he is NOT "beast", and saying he is (based on pre-end game information, where EVERYONE can be "beast") can eclipse the feedback that wolverine is in a rough spot right now.

I'm gonna keep on saying what I want, why don't you refrain from telling me what to say.

Thanks buddy!

@SetfreexX said:

@henplop said:

@SetfreexX said:

@SetfreexX said:

I'm gonna keep on saying what I want, why don't you refrain from telling me what to say.

Thanks buddy!

I apologize if I offended you in some way. Not sure how you're reading my comment, but I'm not trying to censor you.

Let me try again. I don't think that making a judgment at level 48 for a character is helpful for someone asking about end-game.

To answer OP's question, I've spent most of my time in Cosmic content and farming with Wolverine, and yeah, I'd say he's fun and viable. But at the same time, it's taken a lot more work gearing and tinkering and being "on my game" while playing him than other characters, similar to the other early comments. I don't think this is a terrible thing, and find it rewarding when I can do work in a cosmic multi-boss Midtown Patrol fight, but I still think he's pretty much "extremely OK," so I don't think he'll receive changes anytime soon. This is especially in comparison to other melee cosmic geared characters like Blade or Angela.

But then again, if what the OP is defining as "end-game" is super-heroic (purple) or lower, then yeah, wolverine is great, just like everyone else can be great with gear.

• OlslickOlslick Desert WastelandPosts: 129 Incredible

@henplop said:

@SetfreexX said:

@henplop said:

@SetfreexX said:

@SetfreexX said:

Thanks buddy!

I apologize if I offended you in some way. Not sure how you're reading my comment, but I'm not trying to censor you.

Let me try again. I don't think that making a judgment at level 48 for a character is helpful for someone asking about end-game.

To answer OP's question, I've spent most of my time in Cosmic content and farming with Wolverine, and yeah, I'd say he's fun and viable. But at the same time, it's taken a lot more work gearing and tinkering and being "on my game" while playing him than other characters, similar to the other early comments. I don't think this is a terrible thing, and find it rewarding when I can do work in a cosmic multi-boss Midtown Patrol fight, but I still think he's pretty much "extremely OK," so I don't think he'll receive changes anytime soon. This is especially in comparison to other melee cosmic geared characters like Blade or Angela.

But then again, if what the OP is defining as "end-game" is super-heroic (purple) or lower, then yeah, wolverine is great, just like everyone else can be great with gear.

I'm on the fence here as I would love to see Wolvie get a damage buff (cause he's my main), but also being realistic about what he can do. You really can't compare him to Angela or Blade or Scarlet Witch and a lot of the 'go-to, great outta the box" characters. Most of those characters are one skill being nerfed away from being completely irrelevant.

I've leveled like 26 or so characters to 60 and I've seen a lot of damage numbers and mechanics and skill sets. And I still come back to Wolvie and don't really find him lacking.

@Olslick said:

@henplop said:

@SetfreexX said:

@henplop said:

@SetfreexX said:

@SetfreexX said:

Thanks buddy!

I'm on the fence here as I would love to see Wolvie get a damage buff (cause he's my main), but also being realistic about what he can do. You really can't compare him to Angela or Blade or Scarlet Witch and a lot of the 'go-to, great outta the box" characters. Most of those characters are one skill being nerfed away from being completely irrelevant.

I've leveled like 26 or so characters to 60 and I've seen a lot of damage numbers and mechanics and skill sets. And I still come back to Wolvie and don't really find him lacking.

I actually will say I agree. If we take out the blatantly OP characters that you describe as one skill away from being nerfed, then he's in a middle of the road spot.

Also, like you, just want him to be better :)