Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

Marvel Heroes Omega

Black Widow Feedback Thread

Hey folks,

This thread is specifically for any Black Widow feedback you may want to share with the developers based on your experience during Closed Beta.

If you’re unsure what type of feedback to offer, here are some questions to think about based on your experience with this hero:

• Were there any powers that you found yourself preferring over other powers, or any powers that you disliked using? What about those powers did you find yourself liking or disliking compared to other powers?

• Were there any powers that weren’t clear or didn’t work like you expected after reading the power’s tooltip?

• Were there any powers that you felt were particularly difficult to use with the gamepad controls?

• If you have reached a high enough level to unlock Talents for this hero, were there any Talents that you found too powerful, or too weak relative to other Talents in that tier?

• While leveling and unlocking new powers, were there powers that you felt should have unlocked earlier in level progression? In the earliest levels, did you feel that you were lacking a specific type of power that made leveling that hero less fun (such as not having enough area-of-effect powers to deal with groups, not having enough single target powers to effectively fight more dangerous boss enemies, etc)?

• How did you feel about the hero’s resource usage? Were you having difficulty maintaining resources, or felt like you always had too much resource and not enough ways to use it?

These are just some ideas to consider - you’re welcome to share any kind of feedback you feel is worth telling us!

Note that if you encountered any outright bugs with this hero, please feel free to report those issues here in the Bug Report forums:

Please put [Black Widow] at the start of your thread subject when reporting bugs for this hero specifically so it is easier for our developers to collect and assess your bug reports more quickly. You can check out our Bug Report Formatting thread for more information on the best way to report any bugs you may encounter during Closed Beta:

(PH BUG REPORT FORUM STICKY LINK)

Thanks!

Comments

• rxmanxvarxmanxva Posts: 4 New Agent

I am thourghly enjoying black widow throughout the entire closed beta; nonstop have played her and I love her. But she does have some animation issues, they're not bugged, but they could just flow a lot better, especially with her basic attack when she switches to the "double knee jab thing" she kind of floats in air and just like swaps horizontal orientation, it's just awkward. And then the leg sweep rigt after that attack seems so fast that I never even noticed it was a leg sweep :(. But in all honestly I wish her basic attack showed off her martial arts a lot more, I mean she was training in the red room most of her life, she should have a little more range in her technique. I mean psylocke basic attack shows a good example of technique and variety in the attacks. Her fighting stance could also be edited a bit but that's just my taste, I just don't see someone being an elite spy to be kind of like half crouching awkwardly, no offense but she kind of looks like a praying mantis?

Regardless her combat roll provides just the perfect distance for her to attack with her twin pistols so I commend for that. Her coup de grace definitely needs a damage increase, it seems sadly so futile compared to the rest of her abilities.

Also I don't know if this is just me but on all the black widow costume models, her arms seem literally just a tad too short? It might just be me but something to take note of. I appreciate all the effort you're taking to listen to us. I am throughly enjoying the gameplay.

I also wonder why black widow has blue eyes?? In the comics and all cinematics she has green eyes? Wonder if it's just an Easter egg? Or a confusion?? I don't know.

Why would stinging strikes be moved to level 6? That would make her only default attack her snap shot...

• polarbearking10polarbearking10 Almost home of the Asgardians pre-Fear ItselfPosts: 180 Incredible

@rxmanxva said:
    Why would stinging strikes be moved to level 6? That would make her only default attack her snap shot...

Probably because she started off with no spirit-spenders. They did a similar thing with Moon Knight who started with two basics, they gave him statue of khonshu at level 1 (used to be 24!) They probably want to allow players to see how the resource works right from the beginning and I feel like that makes sense.

@polarbearking10 said:
    Probably because she started off with no spirit-spenders. They did a similar thing with Moon Knight who started with two basics, they gave him statue of khonshu at level 1 (used to be 24!) They probably want to allow players to see how the resource works right from the beginning and I feel like that makes sense.

Yeah fair enough I feel like that makes enough sense; thank you :)

• Bx2marzBx2marz Posts: 39 Mighty

Is anyone else having problems with "Timed Explosive" skill, being stuck on " Remote Detonation" ? Its bugged and i cant seem to get the skill to work anymore. Its completely Unusable.

• brad2240brad2240 Posts: 597 Amazing
    edited May 25

Anti-Personnel Grenades has a Cooldown but it is not listed in the power description.

Stinging Shot and Shock Field have such similar icons it's nearly impossible to tell them apart. Sweepkick and Backflip Kick are also very similar.

BW's motorcycle sounds terrible. Can it just sound like everybody else's?

Edit to add: Twilight Cloaking Device does not reset the CD on Anti-Personnel Grenades.

"If you get hurt, hurt 'em back. If you get killed, walk it off." -Captain America

• polarbearking10polarbearking10 Almost home of the Asgardians pre-Fear ItselfPosts: 180 Incredible

The more I play Black Widow, the more I adore her. However, there are some things you guys need to fix even beyond any bugs:

• Add the cooldown to the power description for Anti-Personnel Grenades and increase its damage to the level of a cooldown power. I believe it is still dealing the same damage it did when it was a basic.
    • Add the grenade tag to Black Widow's grenade powers. She is rolling gear with +DR: grenade affix, but she has no powers with that keyword. (alternatively remove this keyword from the game and be satisfied with explosive.)
    • Tag Micro-Drones and Rolling Grenades as burn powers.
    • Tag Micro-Drones as an explosive power. (honestly it looks like Black Widow was practically ignored when it came to tagging her powers.)
    • Why does part of the tooltip for Micro-Drones say "leaves enemies vulnerable to further lingering damage effects"? Did that represent an effect that the power once had but no longer does? If that sentence is just for flavor please remove, because it is misleading.
    • I still don't understand why Micro-Drones has a cooldown when none of her other gauntlet powers do.
    • I think you should take another look at Coup de Grace and compare its damage with Covert Sniper. CS deals about 15% more damage than CdG (assuming crit damage of 175% and enemy at 25% health). The gap widens when we notice that CS could still crit, hits multiple targets, and has half the cooldown of CdG. We notice a similar discrepancy when we compare Deadly Kick to CdG. Basically, what I'm trying to show is that the base damage figure for Coup de Grace is surprisingly low. I feel like an 8s cooldown execute should pack a significant wallop, but as it is I can't justify keeping CdG on my bar with such low damage.
  • djgeniusvidjgeniusvi your favorite nightclubPosts: 336 Amazing

I really hate the micro drone animation...I mean...I REALLLY hate it...

• InvisiblePhoenixInvisiblePhoenix Posts: 26 Mighty

Why doesn't Black Widow have gadget as a keyword to any of her powers? Half of her skill set is gadgets.

• OnoroianOnoroian True Believer Posts: 16 Mighty

@rxmanxva said:

@polarbearking10 said:

Yeah fair enough I feel like that makes enough sense; thank you :)

This fixed yet ? having same issue

@AgentVapor

PSN - Kinesis

• Blackdreeds513Blackdreeds513 Posts: 15 New Agent

I'm also having detonator problem it's glitched out I can't use time explosives at all it not a cool down issue it is broken please fix I've signed out switched character nothing fixes it

• djgeniusvidjgeniusvi your favorite nightclubPosts: 336 Amazing
    1. put stealth tag on covert sniper....and also remove charge up via talents, add 100% brut
    2. better animation for microdrone
    3. too squishy
    4. a "crashdown" flipping melee power so she is more mobile in melee
  • IceBusterIceBuster Original East CoastPosts: 395 Amazing

Her dash power seems to be broken. It doesnt go to stealth upon activation at times.

Increased drop rate for cosmic artifacts would be nice.

• ChristopherByrdChristopherByrd NCPosts: 62 Mighty

@IceBuster said:
    Her dash power seems to be broken. It doesnt go to stealth upon activation at times.

I've mentioned this and have been experiencing this as well.

• IceBusterIceBuster Original East CoastPosts: 395 Amazing

@ChristopherByrd said:

@IceBuster said:

I've mentioned this and have been experiencing this as well.

Yup. Seems to happen when I am in combat. Was running her Omega trial and this happened often. When I changed strategy a bit and stayed a little further back it seemed to work normally.

Increased drop rate for cosmic artifacts would be nice.