Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

Marvel Heroes Omega
The Marvel Heroes Omega PlayStation 4 servers are now back online! Thank you for your patience.
The Marvel Heroes Omega Xbox One servers are now back online! Thank you for your patience.

Black Panther Feedback Thread

Hey folks,

This thread is specifically for any Black Panther feedback you may want to share with the developers based on your experience during Closed Beta.

If you’re unsure what type of feedback to offer, here are some questions to think about based on your experience with this hero:

• Were there any powers that you found yourself preferring over other powers, or any powers that you disliked using? What about those powers did you find yourself liking or disliking compared to other powers?

• Were there any powers that weren’t clear or didn’t work like you expected after reading the power’s tooltip?

• Were there any powers that you felt were particularly difficult to use with the gamepad controls?

• If you have reached a high enough level to unlock Talents for this hero, were there any Talents that you found too powerful, or too weak relative to other Talents in that tier?

• While leveling and unlocking new powers, were there powers that you felt should have unlocked earlier in level progression? In the earliest levels, did you feel that you were lacking a specific type of power that made leveling that hero less fun (such as not having enough area-of-effect powers to deal with groups, not having enough single target powers to effectively fight more dangerous boss enemies, etc)?

• How did you feel about the hero’s resource usage? Were you having difficulty maintaining resources, or felt like you always had too much resource and not enough ways to use it?

These are just some ideas to consider - you’re welcome to share any kind of feedback you feel is worth telling us!

Note that if you encountered any outright bugs with this hero, please feel free to report those issues here in the Bug Report forums:

Please put [Black Panther] at the start of your thread subject when reporting bugs for this hero specifically so it is easier for our developers to collect and assess your bug reports more quickly. You can check out our Bug Report Formatting thread for more information on the best way to report any bugs you may encounter during Closed Beta:

(PH BUG REPORT FORUM STICKY LINK)

Thanks!

Comments

• Ccaps512Ccaps512 Posts: 208 Amazing

Resource management feels very flawed with panther. I was frequently running out of spirit with him and being trapped.

• BlackvandalBlackvandal Damp BasementPosts: 2 New Agent

He burns through spirit like none other also I wish he'd have a little more time in stealth after his roll movement.

• polarbearking10polarbearking10 Almost home of the Asgardians pre-Fear ItselfPosts: 180 Incredible

@Ccaps512 said:
    Resource management feels very flawed with panther. I was frequently running out of spirit with him and being trapped.

I feel like this is intentional. On PC Black Panther always relied on his basic powers more than most heroes before and after BUE. Now spirit management is harder across the board, so maybe they should revisit him, but leveling BP has always required an understanding that you are going to use his basics. The balance to this is that his basic powers have pretty high dps compared to other heroes.

• Ccaps512Ccaps512 Posts: 208 Amazing

Seems like the newest patch nerfed his AoE even more. That cooldown on knockdown sweep and jungle snare are rough. Also the fact that jungle snare can only be used once

• MrKnightMrKnight West Coast PSTPosts: 108 Incredible
    edited May 22

BP needs some loving. @MichaelMayhem

Never have been a fan of his ranged build, its not my BP. BP is a king and on the same level as Dr. Doom intel wise (See Secret Wars 2015) and combat skills (Same as Cap) and gadgets (IM/Reed levels).

BP melee wise needs some additional tweaks.
    He is acrobatic in fights (CW movie).
    He needs another kick cd skill like in CW (airport scene) for single targets.
    Wouldnt hurt to have a street sweeper like attack for groups and melee tagged players.

His whole gadgets skills needs an update.
    Mobile Mine field/ Vib Trap can go. Hardly used in any builds.
    Switch Mobile Mine Field to a grenade that would make it easier to see or a shockwave from his new comic series
    Vib trap just remove and add in additional fighting skill from above (kick or street sweeper).

BP doesnt really feel like BP in MH, missing the fight and the gadgets that makes him a top tier hero like in the comics. He needs to be quick, have the best fighting skills and have some cool gadgets.

PSN: MoonKnite114

• StellarJStellarJ Posts: 1 New Agent

I think there are aspects of BP that are good although I think he should focus more on his stealth. Maybe some kind of bonus to his melee attacks when stealthed. I do agree he needs some attention in the melee/claws/kicks area. He is a slow character because of his spirit use. You have to pause in combat where I think he should "Flow' quicker from kick to jump to melee/claw.

• ibrajoker59ibrajoker59 Posts: 39 Mighty

Tested him out today and felt very underwhelmed. His damage doesn't feel anywhere near decent. Only good thing was the stealth after a roll.

• MdotSCOTTMdotSCOTT Posts: 7 New Agent

i play on ps4 and purchased him. i dont get why he doesnt have a way to get his spirit back? like tiger gods blessing or something of that nature. i think he needs some work overall as well to feel more like his actually character. his bleed doesnt feel very strong. also some of the skill are a bit redundant.

• MightykinglawMightykinglaw Posts: 2 New Agent

I'm on PS4 and BP range moves suck, all of them second his talent close-combat mines are broken they hit softer than the original ranged version

i play on ps4. some of his talents feel weak especially compared to other heros. his first set is just bad in my opinion. the 2 that drain spirit just arent worth it because the abilities still dont hit hard and its really tough to keep up spirit as is. dont need another drain. resonant blades would be good if i could actually see the stacks. maybe the is just a bug in the beta. overall it just seems like this awesome hero is underwhelming in the game. id really like to see a rework.

• UsperoUspero Posts: 75 Mighty

I really like Black Panthers hit and hide playstyle, playing him feels like the comic version...but only works well on low difficulty.

1) He needs some damage increase on several skills to make up the time lost while stealthing and dodging away (and waiting for resource to refill). More burst damage please from stealthed attacks.

2) He also needs a faster regeneration on his main power resource.

3)His bleeding/claw style needs to be reworked with more area effects (maybe through talents?) and less resource heavy to make it an option. (Cooldown skills would be ok but please no spirit skills)

4) If spirit stays at it is, getting spirit back through stealthing would be a great way to compensate those high resource cost skills.

• CooIestLoserCooIestLoser Posts: 4 New Agent

@Uspero said:
    I really like Black Panthers hit and hide playstyle, playing him feels like the comic version...but only works well on low difficulty.

1) He needs some damage increase on several skills to make up the time lost while stealthing and dodging away (and waiting for resource to refill). More burst damage please from stealthed attacks.

3)His bleeding/claw style needs to be reworked with more area effects (maybe through talents?) and less resource heavy to make it an option. (Cooldown skills would be ok but please no spirit skills)

4) If spirit stays at it is, getting spirit back through stealthing would be a great way to compensate those high resource cost skills.

I like your last point about gaining spirt back through stealth. Like maybe twice the rate? Or maybe using an ability to break stealth wouldn't use any spirit?

I just hit 60 with BP and I liked his play style to start, up to like level 30, but once I beat super heroic I find myself running in circles waiting for spirit and my sig to get off cool down.

• CooIestLoserCooIestLoser Posts: 4 New Agent
    edited June 18

@CooIestLoser said:

@Uspero said:

I like your last point about gaining spirt back through stealth. Like maybe twice the rate? Or maybe using an ability to break stealth wouldn't use any spirit?

I just hit 60 with BP and I liked his play style to start, up to like level 30, but once I beat super heroic I find myself running in circles waiting for spirit and my sig to get off cool down.

To continue on what I was saying, a slight rework could be wonderful. Just a few (maybe not so good) ideas.

It seems BP is a heavy ranged character (based off of some must-have talents that make BP usable late game) but yet you can't alter his sig to scale off your range, it's stuck melee. Maybe something could be done there?

Another thing I've come across is the level 50 talents feel so useless. The one I use is paitient hunter to get a ranged jungle snare, but it debuffs another abitlity just to do that.. hm..
    Edit: was messing around with Prowling Predator and thought it would be a great way to add burst to my build, but then I realized it only has 100% crit chance when you use Unseen predator.. so once ever 30 seconds you can have burst.... sigh...

I'm no expert and I don't want to see BP become overpowered like Blade, but atlesst throw him a bone.

Anyone have any thoughts about that?

i also think he needs to hit much harder. and his suit doesnt feel like anything special. he doesnt feel like hes from the most advanced civilization there is

• BusterBunny187BusterBunny187 Posts: 3 New Agent

Hello,

Im on the XB1 and I'm having a severe problem beating the cosmic trial with black panther. I successfully beat the super heroic trial at level 12 or 14 first prestige. But, I can barley get pass the cosmic trial and when i get close I either run out of time or get one shot killed by the auto-lock on robots.

So, to put in perspective of what my stats are looking like: Durability is a 5, Strength is 6, Fighting is 8, Speed is 6, Energy is 6, and Intelligence is 8. My overall health is 5,9030-Damage reduction is 46%, Defense rating is 4,484 W/7%multiplier. Attack speed is 19.9, crit rating is 4229. I also, have the advanced amulet of Agamotto, Cybernetic Implant(because he burns through spirit like crazy), and the Nefarious mask of Doom( +1 too all attributes). I have decent gear, but i only have one cosmic item body armor equipped. I was able to acquire super heroic gear for my character at a low level, which helped me beat the super heroic with ease. But, i feel since i lack the cosmic gear it is too hard to complete the cosmic trial without cosmic gear.
    On top of that, Black Panther's damage is lack luster. I have switched to many different gear sets and skill sets, but nothing is successful.

• punchkickflippunchkickflip Posts: 2 New Agent

On Super Heroic difficulty, it is a blast to play Black Panther as either Melee or Ranged, but there seems to be a significant drop-off in how powerful you feel once you start doing the Cosmic Trial. The most common theme seems to be the lack of a power that regenerates spirit like other characters have such as Iron Man, Spider Man, etc.

I think if the Unseen Predator had a spirit-regen affix, either natively or through talents, then that would give players a reason to use one of the first talents. Currently, none of the first talents (level 32 unlock able) provide the player with anything worthwhile in terms of spirit cost. Reducing the spirit cost of Predator's Frenzy is enticing, but without a way to top up spirit, even this becomes an empty slot the longer a fight progresses.

There are some pretty intriguing builds centered around bleeding that the PC community have come up with, and I feel that in time us console players will be able to meet the sustainability and survivability requirements necessary to do so, but right now, Black Panther feels a bit lackluster for us.

• EthromelEthromel Posts: 8 Mighty

I have to be honest ... Most of Black Panthers powers are crappy, and do not represent the character well.

Many of his powers could have had animations that were merged together. Many are powers are redundant or just plain boring to look at. None of his powers convey the martial arts prowess that he's suppose to have, first and foremost.

I did a comparison between him and Daredevil, and found that DD was more player friendly. One of the reasons are because DD has auto-tracking abilities that don't necessarily need the lock-on feature. BP's abilities lack auto-tracking capability, and his abilities make him jump around way too much to not to have something that helps him pin-point targets. And unfortunately some of his best and strongest moves make him jump away from the fight, taking him out of melee, which doesn't make sense for a character with his background. He's a predator and afraid of no one.

There is also way too much focus on gadgets than there is on BP and his fighting expertise and style.

I hate his Ultimate. It takes too long to activate and it's very impersonal. I feel that the choice to make a bunch of astral panthers run around him was just lazy. I would have rather seen him transform in to a dark mist like panther for a time and swiftly pounce and tear apart all in his path, with a roar and growl that is something out of nightmares.

One of his abilities should have been tailored towards his armor. Perhaps something that activates a vibration pulse around him that doesn't just cancel a percentage of damage but more importantly redirects it at the attacker, to showoff the power of his vibranium.

As far as power merging ... I'll put that topic in another post.

• EthromelEthromel Posts: 8 Mighty
    edited July 22

Black Panther is suppose to be a predator in combat, but too many of his powers are more focused on evasion, and retreating from battle. His powers could have been cooler and looked cooler, and many of their functions could have been combined. Doing so would make room for more awesome abilities.

Why does Daredevil have the zig-zag attack between targets that BP should have had? DD moves through enemies like a speedster, which is completely inaccurate. That move belongs to BP.

The powers that should have been merged, and why:

1) Claw Slash and Predator's Frenzy, need to be combined, offering a bleed - DoT - critical - and attack speed. Besides Claw Slash is arguably the most boring looking ability in the game, and the ability need to be turned in to a lunging ability that brings BP INTO battle. Both these powers are currently too stationary and should offer a small melee cone that allows for three targets to be slashed simultaneously.

2) Slashing Lunge and Evasive Throw need to be combined. First off, Evasive Throw needs to become a dive-in move instead while throwing the powerful vibranium dagger forward at his enemies. This move will be for the purpose of bringing BP in to melee and allow him to automatically dash to the next enemy, but the move won't work unless it auto-tracks like Daredevil's Street Sweeper ability. So basically the opening animation is a dive-in throw followed-up by a dash to a second target if applicable, otherwise BP will stay at his first target. The first part should have a long dive range while the follow-up is a close proximity move.

3) Cryo-Dagger and Mobile Mine Field need to be combined,keeping the aesthetic of minefield, but is followed up by an explosion of cold fog that conceals BP for a few seconds and freezes the enemy at ground zero, while slowing down all surrounding enemies by a percentage. This power can also, perhaps, have a debilitating fear affect that lowers enemy damage due to being afraid they can't see BP.

4) Scything Sweep, Knockdown Sweep, and Savage Strike need to be combined. These three moves are needlessly separate. Their combined aesthetic can turn this ability in to a very fancy looking martial arts beat-down with the stream streaks and shine of his vibranium weapons in tow. Needless to say the ability would have to be a bit expensive to his spirit, but the offense it offers would be very much worth it in damage output and crowd control. It would basically be fast, brutal, precise with a heavy increase in critical percentage and damage. It can even be called 'Spirit of a Predator', showing his martial arts prowess.

Powers that could be added:

1) A Panther form (as a symbol) when Unseen Predator is activated - This ability changes BP in to an actual semi-big panther with scary eyes increasing BP's speed in movement and attack, and allows him to automatically pounce between targets causing great damage and fear. So inside this dark mist BP panther form can be heard roaring.

2) Add a powerful side-kick move that can knock an enemy away and immediately let BP to throw down a smoke bomb that conceals him. This move is a good one for giving breathing room and opening up in to letting BP make use of his range weapons while he's hidden for a time, and maybe get some health back.

Conclusion:

Imagine BP coming up to a crowd of enemies. He dives in throwing a powerful dagger at one them, hurting him and immediately dashes to the next guy and throws down an ice mine that freezes the target and slows the rest of the group down. He lunges in again putting down a jungle snare begins Predator Slashing all surrounding enemies, and for the bigger prey he uses the Spirit of a Predator. Maybe by at some point he starts taking too much damage and decides to do a Panther leap in to a side-kick and activates Panther form creating a large dark cloud and viscerally finishing off his remaining enemies, or maybe he decides to bombard them with fans of vibranium daggers while he's shrouded in darkness unable to be targeted.

There needs to be more assertiveness in pouncing in to battle and less retreating from it while being fluid, embracing the shadows and showing thought (since he's the 8th smartest person in the world and tactician) behind his unique fighting expertise. Thanks for reading.