Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

Marvel Heroes Omega

Not Looking Forward to Cosmic Trial, or even Superheroic Trial

JPW10101JPW10101 UKPosts: 5 New Agent

Not Looking Forward to Cosmic Trial, or even Superheroic Trial, with Psylocke. I died so many times on just heroic fighting doom in story mode. Is it me or is she squishier than PC? Even with her talents, it feels so very disheartening, dying so easy with her damage being pretty sub par. What are other peoples thoughts on her survivability?

Comments

• JackBurtonExpressJackBurtonExpress Assembled Posts: 252 Amazing

Survivability is not there, but worse off is she doesn't have the AoE clearing ability to make up for it. She'll take a lot longer to dispatch mob groups like in the trial. Her signature remains one of the weakest in the game while other heroes can basically wipe the board with theirs.

I passed the heroic trial with her around level 38. That wasn't bad, but then got wiped out on the Superheroic trial. I'll have to stay in heroic mode and level up, unlocking more talents and better gear before trying it again.

She's not going to be a hero you can short cut the trials with. You'll have to gear her up for them.

• Sovereign899Sovereign899 Posts: 92 Mighty

^I beat Cosmic with Psylocke with barely any good Purples. I killed Mandarin and Red Skull with 30 sec left. I went almost all DoT stuff and talent that gives you back health and barrier.

@Sovereign899 said:
    ^I beat Cosmic with Psylocke with barely any good Purples. I killed Mandarin and Red Skull with 30 sec left. I went almost all DoT stuff and talent that gives you back health and barrier.

Did you have a legendary?

I had light blues on and not much else but common artifacts in 2 slots when I failed the Superheroic trial.

I figure leveling up and at least unlocking all my talents will help. At least you were at 60 with level 60 purple gear and probably other better stuff.

Her DoT has always been the key to her being able to pass a trial. It's what passes for an AoE clear for her. I'll be trying something similar.

@JackBurtonExpress said:

@Sovereign899 said:

I had light blues on and not much else but common artifacts in 2 slots when I failed the Superheroic trial.

I figure leveling up and at least unlocking all my talents will help. At least you were at 60 with level 60 purple gear and probably other better stuff.

Her DoT has always been the key to her being able to pass a trial. It's what passes for an AoE clear for her. I'll be trying something similar.

No legendary on any character. I was about 40 something when I beat the SH trial but yes, I had all Purples when I beat Cosmic. I actually changed my build now post cosmic. My loadout is the kick (it shows a kick in icon), dash, Psi-Thrust (gives back barrier), E. Butterflies then in L2, Psi-Assault (I think it's the level 2 Dot), Assassinate (using its talent), Katana Typhoon (using talent that gives 2 charges) and F. Lotus (talent that does more dmg). Go in with F. Lotus, use all Typhoon charges, Assassinate to get them back then Psi-Assault then just kicks until back up...

My previous loadout had Psi-Blast instead of kick, Vortex (in place of K. Typhon) to suck them in paired with Assault (talent that uses both to allow health and barrier regen), and the 56 projection talent. All I did was spam F. Lotus pretty much.

@Sovereign899 said:

@JackBurtonExpress said:

@Sovereign899 said:

No legendary on any character. I was about 40 something when I beat the SH trial but yes, I had all Purples when I beat Cosmic. I actually changed my build now post cosmic. My loadout is the kick (it shows a kick in icon), dash, Psi-Thrust (gives back barrier), E. Butterflies then in L2, Psi-Assault (I think it's the level 2 Dot), Assassinate (using its talent), Katana Typhoon (using talent that gives 2 charges) and F. Lotus (talent that does more dmg). Go in with F. Lotus, use all Typhoon charges, Assassinate to get them back then Psi-Assault then just kicks until back up...

My previous loadout had Psi-Blast instead of kick, Vortex (in place of K. Typhon) to suck them in paired with Assault (talent that uses both to allow health and barrier regen), and the 56 projection talent. All I did was spam F. Lotus pretty much.

Yeah I've had to look at moving away from Typhoon and Assassinate for the trials because i can't seem to keep her alive that way. I swapped in Psi Bow for Typhoon, Vortex for Assassinate, and Psi Criah for a melee power.

• FugitiveMindFugitiveMind Posts: 230 Amazing

I'm of two minds regarding the SH trial.

On one hand more abilities helps (pro for waiting).
    On the other, the mobs can scale out of control (pro for early).

I've had the most luck doing heroic trial immediately on hitting 11.
    Then run an op or two to get my gear up, and usually hit the SH Trial around 12-14.

It seems the synergies/infinity points have more punch earlier as all your stats are lower, but that's just my mileage. I level her 5th or 6th, so I'm not back there yet, but ran SH in closed beta.

Also, an Elektra medallion for her is a godsend (heck for everyone for trials). That stealth on medkit is a great fight reset, plus pimps her damage. Catalysts can have the same effect if you don't have a medallion, but there's better survivability options out there if you can snag both.

@FugitiveMind said:
    I'm of two minds regarding the SH trial.

On one hand more abilities helps (pro for waiting).
    On the other, the mobs can scale out of control (pro for early).

I've had the most luck doing heroic trial immediately on hitting 11.
    Then run an op or two to get my gear up, and usually hit the SH Trial around 12-14.

It seems the synergies/infinity points have more punch earlier as all your stats are lower, but that's just my mileage. I level her 5th or 6th, so I'm not back there yet, but ran SH in closed beta.

Also, an Elektra medallion for her is a godsend (heck for everyone for trials). That stealth on medkit is a great fight reset, plus pimps her damage. Catalysts can have the same effect if you don't have a medallion, but there's better survivability options out there if you can snag both.

My experience seems to confirm what you've said. I failed at level 38 on Superheroic, then tried it again at 52 and failed again lol. It was not easier. It basically played out the same. So I waited until 56 to unlock the illusions talent, and ran it again. I pass but again it was not easier.

edited May 25

Basically my issues have been either Mandarin setting me on fire which does too much damage for her to take, or the red mechs locking on to me and Red Skull landing a shot.

The level 56 illusion talent was big for me. The extra illusions helped keep the mechs from targeting me long enough for me to keep hitting them and take them out.

I used the level 32 talent that lets Butterflies reduce its cool down on hit. So I was able to use it more often. I still don't like the fact I have to be very exposed to make sure Butterflies hits what I want it too. That alone causes issues that other heroes don't have with their signatures.

I have yet to decide if I will continue on to cosmic with her. I think she's a fun leveling character. I might wait for them to announce the future release schedule to decide.

• MeroMero Posts: 372 Amazing

Did they fix her talent bug with assassinate and typhoon? After the wipe a few ppl still reported it was bugged, and since there was nothing in patch notes on her I didn't buy her again.

@JackBurtonExpress said:
    Basically my issues have been either Mandarin setting me on fire which does too much damage for her to take, or the red mechs locking on to me and Red Skull landing a shot.

The level 56 illusion talent was big for me. The extra illusions helped keep the mechs from targeting me long enough for me to keep hitting them and take them out.

I used the level 32 talent that lets Butterflies reduce its cool down on hit. So I was able to use it more often. I still don't like the fact I have to be very exposed to make sure Butterflies hits what I want it too. That alone causes issues that other heroes don't have with their signatures.

I have yet to decide if I will continue on to cosmic with her. I think she's a fun leveling character. I might wait for them to announce the future release schedule to decide.

After atually doing Cosmic ops with her......she needs a dmg buff, I can still kill stuff and not die but my She-Hulk, Angela and Cpt Marvel kill stuff way faster simply because it's not DoTs. I even changed to a ranged build which despite being better still doesn't compare. Out of 8 characters I got to 60, only 3 are worth it...

@Mero said:
    Did they fix her talent bug with assassinate and typhoon? After the wipe a few ppl still reported it was bugged, and since there was nothing in patch notes on her I didn't buy her again.

Double post but... Assassinate does give back Katana Typhoon, it just doesn't give back the Kirisute Gomen

edited May 27

@Sovereign899 said:

@Mero said:

Double post but... Assassinate does give back Katana Typhoon, it just doesn't give back the Kirisute Gomen

Are you sure? Finish the job talent and psi-katana are working for you? I have had 3 ppl tell me it's still bugged after the reset patch.

• JPW10101JPW10101 UKPosts: 5 New Agent

@JackBurtonExpress said:
    Survivability is not there, but worse off is she doesn't have the AoE clearing ability to make up for it. She'll take a lot longer to dispatch mob groups like in the trial. Her signature remains one of the weakest in the game while other heroes can basically wipe the board with theirs.

I passed the heroic trial with her around level 38. That wasn't bad, but then got wiped out on the Superheroic trial. I'll have to stay in heroic mode and level up, unlocking more talents and better gear before trying it again.

She's not going to be a hero you can short cut the trials with. You'll have to gear her up for them.

I'm glad it's not just me. Yeah her AOE isn't great, but I wouldn't expect it to be from her. Also assisinate doesn't give back typhoon from the talent. As well as I've noticed some of her powers are tagged cool down which are not a cool down. I've levelled her to 54 and still no look with super heroic trail. Maybe getting her at level 60 will help. I really wish they would sort her survivability out. It's a headache to keep watching the barrier and dodging and targeting enemies simultaneously. Think I'll bench her when I max her. Games are supposed to be fun but I'm getting more frustrated with her than others like Angela, Storm, Jean, Cyclops, Doctor Strange. I think you get a xp bonus for max levelling, right?

@JPW10101 said:

@JackBurtonExpress said:

I'm glad it's not just me. Yeah her AOE isn't great, but I wouldn't expect it to be from her. Also assisinate doesn't give back typhoon from the talent. As well as I've noticed some of her powers are tagged cool down which are not a cool down. I've levelled her to 54 and still no look with super heroic trail. Maybe getting her at level 60 will help. I really wish they would sort her survivability out. It's a headache to keep watching the barrier and dodging and targeting enemies simultaneously. Think I'll bench her when I max her. Games are supposed to be fun but I'm getting more frustrated with her than others like Angela, Storm, Jean, Cyclops, Doctor Strange. I think you get a xp bonus for max levelling, right?

Yes you do. After leveling her in closed beta I benched her since her melee build is broken, I talked to the devs about it and they told me they "might fix it for next week"......that was what 3 weeks ago? I'm not getting her till she is fixed

@Mero said:

@JPW10101 said:

@JackBurtonExpress said:

Yes you do. After leveling her in closed beta I benched her since her melee build is broken, I talked to the devs about it and they told me they "might fix it for next week"......that was what 3 weeks ago? I'm not getting her till she is fixed

Have my fingers crossed that they can bring her melee build up to others, as well as some better survivability. I understand she is more about speed and getting in, hitting and getting out, but it's just honestly not working right now for her. Maybe 65 percent negation from psionic barrier see how that feels?

• libraboilibraboi VTPosts: 32 Mighty

I'm lvl 40 now... and cannot beat the Heroic Trial with Psylocke...

I've only tried a couple variations of powers, but she seems super weak to me... Almost as if her damage doesn't scale properly as you lvl

@libraboi said:
    I'm lvl 40 now... and cannot beat the Heroic Trial with Psylocke...

I've only tried a couple variations of powers, but she seems super weak to me... Almost as if her damage doesn't scale properly as you lvl

She has never been the strongest (even on PC), I wouldn't expect her to change now in numbers, unfortunately. Which is a little sad :(

• ArcEltareArcEltare Posts: 54 Mighty

Hmm . . . I'm not sure how much is really different about the trials in open beta, but in closed I cleared heroic at 11 and super heroic at 32. Both fairly easily, running a melee/stealth/clone loadout. I didn't manage to make it through cosmic as she was the last character I tried out and ran out of time.

Despite how much I enjoyed playing her, I've been hesitant to pick her up again since none of her talent bugs are listed as fixed in the patch notes. I miss her, though. She was a lot of fun.

@ArcEltare said:
    Hmm . . . I'm not sure how much is really different about the trials in open beta, but in closed I cleared heroic at 11 and super heroic at 32. Both fairly easily, running a melee/stealth/clone loadout. I didn't manage to make it through cosmic as she was the last character I tried out and ran out of time.

Despite how much I enjoyed playing her, I've been hesitant to pick her up again since none of her talent bugs are listed as fixed in the patch notes. I miss her, though. She was a lot of fun.

You are being penalised for not having certain builds and talents though, I thought the philosphy of the talents system was supposed to be viable choices.

• VenomviruVenomviru Posts: 2,371 Astonishing

@JPW10101 said:

@ArcEltare said:

You are being penalised for not having certain builds and talents though, I thought the philosphy of the talents system was supposed to be viable choices.

Wouldn't matter If the game had 100 skills per hero cookie cutter builds would rule out. Only got her to 25 doing LQ I'm staying at ranged after 4 melee characters lol she doesn't seem to bad atm but maybe once you get to 60 it changes? Like with Hulk wiped the floor on heroic but cant do Super Heroic :(

• JackalackusJackalackus HampshirePosts: 46 Mighty

I find her really enjoyable to play. I am playing her as a ranged character, i'm not on my playstation at the moment but ill post my ranged skill build if anyone is interested. I've actually found her to be really good at clearing mobs. Her AoE is actually one of the best from who I have played so far.

"And a lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, with great power there must also come–great responsibility!" Amazing Fantasy - August 1962.

Beat Super Heroic Trial at 38 her mechanics should make Cosmic easier for her ranged build + clones along with the talents. I'll give it a bash in a few hrs when she 60 and see :P

In the Super Heroic Trial I took only a few hits.

OK after 5-6 tries my build sort of works just not fast enough, I killed MR. Fireball just with a second to spare couldn't kill the Red Skulls mechs fast enough as every time I set up my combo I had to stop and dodge then I dodged into his bomb and died :pensive:

With a fully levelled legendary I'm sure it would be easy, but as much fun as she is she's not THAT much fun hehe.

• JraegunJraegun Lost AF! SOS!Posts: 174 Incredible

Hey. I am about to make your day so much better by dropping my build I breezed through Cosmic with. If you have any questions, let me know.

All the best things in Marvel Heroes Omega... or… at least a few things... Youtube-Jraegun

Er Ma Gawd Follow Meh: Insta-Jraegun
    Another One: Twitch-Jraegun

Only accepting human requests. PSN: Jraegun

• JraegunJraegun Lost AF! SOS!Posts: 174 Incredible

Posted. Have fun in cosmic!

All the best things in Marvel Heroes Omega... or… at least a few things... Youtube-Jraegun

Er Ma Gawd Follow Meh: Insta-Jraegun
    Another One: Twitch-Jraegun

Only accepting human requests. PSN: Jraegun

• xxSHEPERDxxxxSHEPERDxx Posts: 172 Incredible
    edited June 3

Finished here with a double TKO, but Skull died first, so it still counted. I hadn't tried the crossbow morph talent, which I actually ended up using in cosmic patrols afterward when gearing Bets' up, and figure it would have worked even better than this did. She definitely can hit hard, but only if she's unloading her dots and AOEs at a clustered group. If enemies won't be corraled, then you can use the bulldozer to force approach angles and get them to bunch up. Make use of the decoys, but also try to ensure the decoys are closer to each boss than you are, as the decoys don't automatically pull aggro off you when used.

• MadMax352MadMax352 Posts: 16 Mighty

I love her so far! Out of 6 heros(lvl60 and cosmics) she has been the easiest/most fun. I completed super heroic at level 17! Currently have her at level 32 and looking forward to getting her to 60.

• ShanepoolShanepool Posts: 28 Mighty

Just decided to give her a whirl today. Beat heroic at 11 and super heroic @22 I believe. Used a ranged/movement load out.

• mecstermecster Posts: 83 Mighty

@Shanepool said:
    Just decided to give her a whirl today. Beat heroic at 11 and super heroic @22 I believe. Used a ranged/movement load out.

How strong compared to say Blade, Iceman or SW?

• taconightpsntaconightpsn Posts: 132 Incredible

She's actually really good. Fun to play also. I went pure melee and clones. May make her my main focus. Gonna she how she does against cosmic bosses and danger room tonight.