Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

Marvel Heroes Omega

PS4 founder's packs not available to sub account users?

ShamchiShamchi Posts: 3 New Agent

So I bought 4 founder's packs some which were to get my sons access to characters, however when they log on their PS4 sub account, they have no access to the founder's packs I bought?!

So if they want to play they have to buy their own founder's packs??? If so that is extremely stupid!

I've already spent over $300 between PC and PS4 and the fact I can't have my kids access the characters I bought is extremely money hungry!

Please fix this and clear it up for me!

Will the characters be available when the official release date hits?

Best Answer

• bgfarmbgfarm Posts: 298 Amazing
    Accepted Answer

This is the ftp norm they connect each individual account to their servers. They do this bc money you spend in game is the only income they have and they don't want people abusing it. Say you had two roommates who shared a ps4 and they decided they'd just go halves on a founders pack, that's $20 their missing out on n while it dont seem like much it can add up pretty quick. Its fine for AAA games because you pay the initial $60 for the game

Answers

• CryosissCryosiss Guardian Posts: 93 Mighty

If you bought them on your account then they are tied to your account. However, if you couch co-op, your son can play the characters.

Fear me not but fear my hell.
    Man made me so I could Kill.
    Praise me in the name of war.
    I destroy both rich and poor.

• KingImp67KingImp67 Posts: 78 Mighty

@Shamchi said:
    So I bought 4 founder's packs some which were to get my sons access to characters, however when they log on their PS4 sub account, they have no access to the founder's packs I bought?!

So if they want to play they have to buy their own founder's packs??? If so that is extremely stupid!

I've already spent over $300 between PC and PS4 and the fact I can't have my kids access the characters I bought is extremely money hungry!

Please fix this and clear it up for me!

Will the characters be available when the official release date hits?

Looks like you and me are out of luck on this one.

I had a similar discussion in a thread of mine and I argued that characters bought through the PSN with real money (not in game and not with ES or G) should be considered DLC, thus making it available for all account on your system. Apparently that's not how it works around here.

I bet when I download Daredevil tomorrow on my account, he becomes available on my wife's as well. How is that any different?

• TetsukenTetsuken Soul SocietyPosts: 90 Mighty

Any online game purchases are tied to the account and cant be shared. Doesnt matter if paid or given (promotion items and such), each account has their own and are not flagged as dlc.

• SuperAndyTeeSuperAndyTee Posts: 210 Amazing

Smite, DCUO, Elder Scrolls Online, Neverwinter etc. Marvel Heroes is not the only dgame to do this. This is not new.

• ShamchiShamchi Posts: 3 New Agent

sigh That sucks. Oh well, can't do anything about it. Couch co-op it is, my kids aren't happy and gazillion isn't getting another penny from me.

• CodenamexDuchessCodenamexDuchess Posts: 1,727 Astonishing

@Shamchi said:
    sigh That sucks. Oh well, can't do anything about it. Couch co-op it is, my kids aren't happy and gazillion isn't getting another penny from me.

You understand it isn't a developer choice, right? It's an inherent limitation to how PSN's gamesharing feature works. You share the apps, not in app purchases, unlocks, or progression.

It's like this in literally every game. I understand your frustration with the result, but it's misdirected.