Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

Marvel Heroes Omega
The Marvel Heroes Omega PlayStation 4 servers are now back online! Thank you for your patience.
The Marvel Heroes Omega Xbox One servers are now back online! Thank you for your patience.

Finished with Thor!!!

marcellogoesmarcellogoes BrazilPosts: 21 Mighty

Did Thor ruin anything to remove the Leaping Smite from the PS4 and why is it on the PC yet?

Comments

• MidnightRyderMidnightRyder Guardian Flipadelphia Posts: 246 Amazing

Yeah, I'm done with him too. They basically gutted my build with this update very sad.

• xxxBANExxxxxxBANExxx Kansas City, MO Posts: 10 Mighty

I'm back to square one with this update. He isn't as fun as he was before the update.

• djgeniusvidjgeniusvi your favorite nightclubPosts: 152 Incredible

very hard to level up...keep running out of odinforce, then i cant perform any powers

edited May 20

Looks like they nerfed a lot of heroes with this update. All powers that do CCs or were to visually overbearing got cooldowns added to them.

• ProtogalaxyProtogalaxy Posts: 11 Mighty

It's sad for sure. I saw they changed Thor but decided to give him a shot anyway since he was my favorite during closed beta. He pretty much "feels" different to play now. I found a couple builds before I really enjoyed, but with the changes to Talent tree mostly, they are not really viable anymore. I have found builds that work, but I don't enjoy as much. The character just isn't as much fun to play as he was.
    Bummed.

I have never had a dream in my life. A dream is what you want to do but still haven't pursued. I knew what I wanted and did it until it was done. So I have been the dream that I wanted to be since day one.

• GreatWhiteNorthGreatWhiteNorth Posts: 27 Mighty

Took Thor to 60 in close beta and I had a really good ranged Thor build that worked well and had a lot of fun with. Took Thor to 60 again in early access and it was much more of a chore and less fun.

I can live with the new changes but when they changed the Lightning Hammer talent to actually cost Odinforce it just killed my ranged build. Lightning Hammer is just taking a basic attack and converting it from melee to ranged, no clue why it all of a sudden requires a resource cost, just plain dumb if you ask me.

• VettVett Posts: 5 New Agent

Agreed Thor was just fine as he was played him on PC for along time with a great ranged setup. Now he is not fun to play anymore. Please roll him back.

• NeptunePirateNeptunePirate TexasPosts: 107 Incredible

He's been my main since early access started. I'm enjoying him quite a bit. Already capped him on second prestige. Built up his deflect rating and kicking butt with him. :)

PSN ID: NeptunePirate

• MutantPowerManMutantPowerMan Posts: 226 Amazing

I'm not liking him as much either: make his main attack generate odenforce or something because waiting for cool downs isn't fun

• YuuhikoYuuhiko Posts: 1 New Agent

On pc I mained lady Thor and loved the play-style, Thor was easily one of the most fun for me to play. Since the change for early access though I am not enjoying him even a little. His main attack costs odinforce and all his skills cooldown feel like they take forever and a half to be ready. As soon as I have enough splints I'll be picking a new main.

• BropolloCreedBropolloCreed The Chiss AscendancyPosts: 721 Amazing
    edited May 29

I just started using him fresh with the update, and he is absolutely dreadful early on.

But here's the rub: at endgame, he is a monster once he's geared out. I built him around Godly Smite, and Thor just wrecks everything. There's enough diversity in his kit to build a working rotation with some trial and error, and his Talents require some thought and planning to really be effective, but I'm digging him at L60.

If you time out his cooldown right, you don't even need his basic. Just nuke and crush your foes. His biggest hurdle is his squishiness, but gearing with defensive artifacts and stacking health mitigates things considerably. I'm certain that once I progress further I to the Infinity Stone System, he'll round out nicely.

"#NEVERJubilee"

"#DieGambitDie"

@djgeniusvi said:
    very hard to level up...keep running out of odinforce, then i cant perform any powers

He has more than enough skills to keep it replenished, especially at later levels. I never have an issue. The trick is to not take Talents that convert Skills which generate Odinforce (like Ragnarok) into Odinforce consuming powers. I have a nice balanced rotation that always keeps Odinforce up to take advantage of Godly Smite on more than half my attacks.

"#NEVERJubilee"

"#DieGambitDie"

• TerancertTerancert Posts: 9 Mighty

@BropolloCreed said:

@djgeniusvi said:

He has more than enough skills to keep it replenished, especially at later levels. I never have an issue. The trick is to not take Talents that convert Skills which generate Odinforce (like Ragnarok) into Odinforce consuming powers. I have a nice balanced rotation that always keeps Odinforce up to take advantage of Godly Smite on more than half my attacks

I disagree his ragnorak drain is powerfull andd u shouldnt NEED odin force u can convert it into your main asset. Im currently in cosmic and doing just fine draining my odin force. Dont build it. Depleate it thats what i do. And hes a beast. He isnt ment to keep odin force end game if u look at his spred.

edited June 3

@Terancert said:
    I disagree his ragnorak drain is powerfull andd u shouldnt NEED odin force u can convert it into your main asset. Im currently in cosmic and doing just fine draining my odin force. Dont build it. Depleate it thats what i do. And hes a beast. He isnt ment to keep odin force end game if u look at his spred.

I welcome a good argument, and commend you for using an actual argument
    to support your position instead of some of the drivel ive seen on the boards.

I really think Thor is far more versitile than people give him credit for. I like having Odinforce in stock to proc Godly Smite on nearly every attack I use; but I don't doubt that what you said is true. The build I use works for me, and I'm sure that with some tweaks, I probably could use Ragnarok as an Odinforce spender, as opposed to an Odinforce generator.

Out of curiosity, is your build cool down based, or is there another mechanic you're relying on to maximize effectiveness? I'm always looking to improve what I personally do in the game, and am not above tinkering for the sake of experimentation.

"#NEVERJubilee"

"#DieGambitDie"

• gokusongokuson Posts: 12 Mighty

Thor was way better before the update came and his talents are completely screwed up

@gokuson said:
    Thor was way better before the update came and his talents are completely screwed up

Totally agree loved Thor in closed beta. Now I just go on PC to play Thor now where he's actually fun to play.

• GreatWhiteNorthGreatWhiteNorth Posts: 27 Mighty
    edited June 7

This is my current Thor build on PS4, it’s probably not for everyone but it works well enough for me and I quite enjoy using it. It’s about 60/40 ranged/melee and I love how I was able to incorporate Hammer of Storms replacing the useless basic attack. I generate enough odinforce that gaining and spending it is not an issue.

Button Layout.
    X: Hammer of Storms. I treat this as my basic attack since Lightning Hammer is now useless. I find this to be a way better option anyways. Gains a really nice damage buff if you have odinforce to spend.

Square: Son of Odin. I use this in tandem with Hammer of Storms for the 100% crit, also refills my odinforce. Triggers a godly smite when talented.

Triangle: Anti-Force. I pop this at the start of my rotation to get the buff, also gives me full odinforce.

O: Thunderous Charge. Used for dashing quickly out of danger.

L2 X: Ragnarok. Big area damage and also refills my odinforce.

L2 Square: Hammer Smash. Big area damage. Triggers a godly smite when talented.

L2 Triangle: Crack the Sky. My main odinforce spender.

L2 O: Asgardian Smite. Leap into or out of trouble. Triggers a godly smite when talented.

Talents.
    Resounding Smite, God Force, All Mighty Mjolnir, Mjolnir Unleashed, Odin’s Favor.

My rotation is Anti-Force/Asgardian Smite/Hammer Smash/Ragnarok/Crack the Sky. Then its Son of Odin and either more Crack the Sky or Hammer of Storms depending on what the target is.

No I do not use Spinning Strike, I find that it misses more often than it hits and I brutal strike enough as it is with my other abilities that I’m not too worried about not having the 100% brutal from the Hammer of Wrath talent.

• EnforcerEnforcer Green Goliath Youngstown, OHPosts: 77 Mighty

I actually love Thor's damage.. The problem with me is I can't stay alive in harder sections of the game... I am using a Godly smite Build which requires me to do most of my abilities when I have for asgard activated.. But I pretty much have to run and heal a lot to stay alive... I do not have a legendary, so maybe ill do that next to see if it makes any difference.

• TerancertTerancert Posts: 9 Mighty

@BropolloCreed said:

@Terancert said:

I welcome a good argument, and commend you for using an actual argument
    to support your position instead of some of the drivel ive seen on the boards.

I really think Thor is far more versitile than people give him credit for. I like having Odinforce in stock to proc Godly Smite on nearly every attack I use; but I don't doubt that what you said is true. The build I use works for me, and I'm sure that with some tweaks, I probably could use Ragnarok as an Odinforce spender, as opposed to an Odinforce generator.

Out of curiosity, is your build cool down based, or is there another mechanic you're relying on to maximize effectiveness? I'm always looking to improve what I personally do in the game, and am not above tinkering for the sake of experimentation.

I have an enture guide for thor, ull see my name terancert beside it where i tell u my set up, but i do have alot of cool downs, however, with his Talent to lower all cool downs of odin force gaining moves (believe this effecrs his signature as well) it really dosent matter to much about yh cool downs. Constand energy AOE.

edited June 9

@GreatWhiteNorth said:
    No I do not use Spinning Strike, I find that it misses more often than it hits and I brutal strike enough as it is with my other abilities that I’m not too worried about not having the 100% brutal from the Hammer of Wrath talent.

I have almost the exact same set up with the exception of Spinning Strike in place of Crack the Sky. As I'm not in front of a PS4 right now, I can't confirm which Talents are active, but they're all geared towards proccing Godly Smite, and my rotation is very similar to yours as well.

Definitely going to swap in CtS for Spinning Hammer later on and see how that plays for me. Thanks for the tip.

Edit: HUGE difference. Blew through the Mandarin phase with little difficulty. Mandarin has a predictable enough attack rotation that if I melt the adds fast enough, evasion while maintaining DPS is relatively easy.

Now I just have to work through the auto-lock on for the Skull Mechs, and I'll be all set. GREAT tip, though.

"#NEVERJubilee"

"#DieGambitDie"

• NecroshanNecroshan FloridaPosts: 68 Mighty

Have 7 Heroes at 60 and mainly playing Iceman and Ghost Rider. Most of my heroes are ranged so wanted a Melee hero. I leveled Colossus and while fun and cleared Cosmic easy his style is slow. Decided on Thir and so far he is very fun so decided to move my Shield of Perseus to him from Colossus. Hopefully the Shield will make him beefier once leveled. Thanks for the tips.

• LockeLamorahLockeLamorah Posts: 15 Mighty

Hi! Still improving and upgrading his gears but check out how quick he melts cosmic Kurse mobs and Kurse WHILE still being SUPER tanky with the right stuff. I'm no pro, and there are better items out there but I think I built him good.

Melting Kurse: Supply boost and GoK farming (got a cosmic Gok and 2 Gok from supply boost)

Cosmic doom in THOR minutes XD: Farming Hand of doom (Got 2 HoD from supply boost)

• LockeLamorahLockeLamorah Posts: 15 Mighty

I think, Thor's traits and talents forced me to the HYBRID path but ENERGY emphasized build because his signature and ULT are both ENERGY.

• MythicalKnightMythicalKnight Posts: 391 Amazing

Yes stack energy.