Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

The Marvel Heroes Omega Servers for the PlayStation 4 is back up with Patch 1.04a! Thank you for your patience and enjoy the game.

Mistakes were made...Might want to hold off making Gambit your first hero.

DrazharDrazhar WallcrawlerPosts: 81 Mighty
edited May 19 in GAMBIT

So, even knowing Gambit was in a pretty bad state for the launch, I chose him as my starting hero since he's my favorite.

Big mistake.

This patch makes Gambit virtually unplayable thanks to 2 changes that I've noticed so far.

Royal Flush his only decent spammable AoE now has an 8 second cooldown, when it had none prior to this patch, and this change was not listed in the patch notes. The Kinetic Energy "bonus" halves the cooldown if you have the KE to spend.

Street Sweep instead of having no cooldown now has an 8s cooldown. Again, unlisted in the patch notes.

These changes make a bad hero straight up unbearable.. this is just unacceptable for Gambit players.

Street Sweep cooldown might be due to the ground effect changes, but an 8s cooldown on something like this is awful when it was vital to trash clearing. If anything get rid of the ground effect and just have the DoT apply to enemies it makes contact with. Remove the cooldown.

I have no clue who thought any of these changes were good, or why they made it in to this patch. The only thing I can figure is these were being tested and a mistake was made that slipped it to the live patch? This makes me wonder if there are any other changes in this patch that weren't listed though...

@KomoriMan @Asros @MichaelMayhem @AgentVapor etc, how would I go about refunding my Splinters that I spent on Gambit? Or do I just have to wait for eventual changes before I can play?

Gambit is in desperate need of an update (for both console and PC) @MichaelMayhem ...plz halp.

EDIT: Another change/bug I see is that Fold 'Em has no Kinetic Energy effect. At least it's not listed in the tooltip.

I can't see if there were any talent changes as I can't even look at them until I'm level 32...for whatever reason. (should probably change that @GazFirefly )

Comments

• oxxANUBISxxooxxANUBISxxo Posts: 3 New Agent

@Drazhar I was looking for somewhere to post this exact same thing. It's crazy to me that gazillion thought it would be better to do something like this to an already mid tier character. On top of that, they don't even mention it in the update or notes. Which means I wasted 900 G on him! This to me is downright awful and somewhat shady. Gazillion needs to address this issue ASAP!

• AtricksAtricks Posts: 6 New Agent

I prefer it having a cool down, it just needs to hit harder to compensate.

• GwenverineGwenverine Posts: 41 Mighty

Those two powers have 8 second effects on them, but that's still an odd change. It makes him much less fluid.

Thanks for bringing this up. I'll have to keep an eye on other characters.

And yes, not even being able to look at Talents until 32 is straight up nonsense.

Jubilee: How did you do that?
    Gambit: With style, petite. With style.

• GrievereGrievere Posts: 12 Mighty

Agreed plyed gambit to prestige green. Still couldnt pass cosmic trial with full cosmic gear,legendary rank 1, ke cost,cooldowns and low damage output.Also squishy. Beat it first try with jean grey

• AtricksAtricks Posts: 6 New Agent

I've been playing other heroes since I got gambit to 60. Wow he is weak, maybe he has abnormally good omega gear?

• AlllDayAlllDay Posts: 3 New Agent

I'm 60 with decent gear and ya he does seem weak, which suks cause I luv his character

• DrazharDrazhar Wallcrawler Posts: 81 Mighty
    edited May 23

So I'm level 47 now, and a couple more things;

• Royal Flush costs a ridiculous 198.5~ Kinetic Energy to use now. Come on... at least this one doesn't literally drain your entire bar of KE regardless of how much you have I guess.

• Fold 'Em most definitely does not have a KE effect, it doesn't appear to just be a tooltip error. No KE is spent when you use it, and nothing additional happens (that I've noticed anyways). So that makes this his only (non-sig/ult) in the kit that doesn't have a KE effect.

• All In is just weird right now. In good (broken?) and bad ways:

• The knockback portion of this happens every single time now, due to the CC changes. So you're literally just pushing non-boss mobs (usually elites/champions as those are the only ones who live long enough for it to matter) straight down the block as you channel All In. Now this is more obnoxious than it is helpful for trash mobs as they tend to take forever to kill when you're pushing them all over the place - Makes it impossible to properly AoE them (especially with the awful radius this particular skill already has), and it knocks them clear out of your 2 ground DoTs you have which are both cooldown skills now (Street Sweep and House of Cards). Beyond frustrating. If the CC aspect of it is going to stay this needs to be changed to a knockdown...

• Now on bosses...this CC thing is probably OP? It doesn't push them back, but it continually interrupts anything they're trying to do. Basically they stand there as you channel All In for 5 minutes before they die.

• And this is what we have to work worth now, as you guys broke all the other spammable AoE (Royal Flush and Street Sweep cooldowns, Ace of Spades is clunky/sucks/too KE dependent) we have in one way or another.

• All that said, the CC thing works that way on other heroes too. I did a quick test on Iceman and he constantly has his enemies frozen every tick of Ice Slick....which is a million times better than having to channel All In for a similar (but worse) effect.

Overall Gambit is just not at all polished/fluid right now, and it's extremely frustrating to play him. He needs help... he's needed help for awhile.

The cooldowns make him much clunkier to use, though I'm sure there may be some that prefer it (maybe make it an option via talents...but don't push it on the main skills).

• xXShynXxxXShynXx New JerseyPosts: 17 Mighty

@Drazhar said:
    So I'm level 47 now, and a couple more things;

• Royal Flush costs a ridiculous 198.5~ Kinetic Energy to use now. Come on... at least this one doesn't literally drain your entire bar of KE regardless of how much you have I guess.

• Fold 'Em most definitely does not have a KE effect, it doesn't appear to just be a tooltip error. No KE is spent when you use it, and nothing additional happens (that I've noticed anyways). So that makes this his only (non-sig/ult) in the kit that doesn't have a KE effect.

• All In is just weird right now. In good (broken?) and bad ways:

• The knockback portion of this happens every single time now, due to the CC changes. So you're literally just pushing non-boss mobs (usually elites/champions as those are the only ones who live long enough for it to matter) straight down the block as you channel All In. Now this is more obnoxious than it is helpful for trash mobs as they tend to take forever to kill when you're pushing them all over the place - Makes it impossible to properly AoE them (especially with the awful radius this particular skill already has), and it knocks them clear out of your 2 ground DoTs you have which are both cooldown skills now (Street Sweep and House of Cards). Beyond frustrating. If the CC aspect of it is going to stay this needs to be changed to a knockdown...

• Now on bosses...this CC thing is probably OP? It doesn't push them back, but it continually interrupts anything they're trying to do. Basically they stand there as you channel All In for 5 minutes before they die.

• And this is what we have to work worth now, as you guys broke all the other spammable AoE (Royal Flush and Street Sweep cooldowns, Ace of Spades is clunky/sucks/too KE dependent) we have in one way or another.

• All that said, the CC thing works that way on other heroes too. I did a quick test on Iceman and he constantly has his enemies frozen every tick of Ice Slick....which is a million times better than having to channel All In for a similar (but worse) effect.

Overall Gambit is just not at all polished/fluid right now, and it's extremely frustrating to play him. He needs help... he's needed help for awhile.

The cooldowns make him much clunkier to use, though I'm sure there may be some that prefer it (maybe make it an option via talents...but don't push it on the main skills).

Yea they really need to change him back to closed beta status at least this is just bad, royal flush and street sweep with a cooldown......no thx.

• DrazharDrazhar Wallcrawler Posts: 81 Mighty
    edited 12:08PM

I just realized this the other night when I last played... Street Sweep no longer applies Vulnerability.

So Gambit has no vulnerability applicator in his entire kit, including via talents (unless I'm missing something?).

Not sure how many heroes that this is the case for. (Remove vuln from the game already, please)

Sooo...another thing to add to the ever growing list.

• DrBubbles360DrBubbles360 Posts: 13 Mighty

I tried him because he was going to be my next character to unlock but he really was terrible. I've leveled several heroes to level ten just to try them out and he's by far been the hardest one to level just because it took so long to kill anything and he died a lot. Like died at areas the other characters just flew through. I hope they fix him because he's a great character and he should be fun to play which he's currently not.

• TechnoGolemTechnoGolem Posts: 8 New Agent

Gambit is the third character I started trying to get to 60. So far he feels like the weakest of the three. I switched back to Cyclops to level up his legendary while trying to earn more for other characters.