Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

Marvel Heroes Omega
Maintenance is complete and the Marvel Heroes Omega PS4 & XB1 servers are now back online. Thank you for your patience!

How good is Cyclops?

RandomMindRandomMind CanadaPosts: 166 Incredible

I'm about to tryout Cyclops and was just wondering if the people that have played just how good of character he is. I looked at his PC Hero forum and the main thing that I read is that his damage output is really lacking and this kind of sucks. I am a big fan and would like to know to if the PS4 version is better than the PC version.

Comments

• ChrianChrian Gazillion QA LandPosts: 70 Staff
    edited April 27

Hello @RandomMind ,
    With the new item's available on the PS4 version, His builds and damage output have changed.You can play him till level 10 without unlocking to give yourself some experience with him and his powers. I personally would recommend giving him a go.

• AlecTheLadAlecTheLad Mutated Posts: 10 Mighty

@Chrian

You raise a good point regarding the new itemization. As a big fan of Scott, when I finally get into the beta (lucky key or open) I'm excited to try him out.

A big problem with good ol' Cyke is his talents are a mess. Which raises the question, and any insight you give would be appreciated but I understand if you can't: Does fixing the talents on console or PC mean the same changes will go to the other platform? If this has been mentioned before I apologize.

Itemization will definitely help him. His selection of talents will make for an entirely different ball game.

• dennisgaledennisgale Wellington, NZPosts: 5 New Agent

@AlecTheLad said:
    @Chrian

You raise a good point regarding the new itemization. As a big fan of Scott, when I finally get into the beta (lucky key or open) I'm excited to try him out.

A big problem with good ol' Cyke is his talents are a mess. Which raises the question, and any insight you give would be appreciated but I understand if you can't: Does fixing the talents on console or PC mean the same changes will go to the other platform? If this has been mentioned before I apologize.

Itemization will definitely help him. His selection of talents will make for an entirely different ball game.

This needs to happen, because if console Cyke received changes without being back-ported to PC, PC players will only feel like they're getting the shaft more. But I think this'll happen anyway.
    Best of luck to console players though. To the OP, if you like the character, definitely try him out ;)

• AlecTheLadAlecTheLad Mutated Posts: 10 Mighty

@Dennisgale

Oh trust me, I agree with you. The only real reason I ask is because of how often it's been touted as a different game. If items make that big of a difference in terms of power, then I'd hate for some characters (such as Cyclops) to have his talents put on hold just because he's fine on PS4.

• EnforcerEnforcer Green Goliath Youngstown, OHPosts: 82 Mighty

I just bought him with 400 splinters.. I got him level 20 so far.. He seems ok.. My probem lies with what 8 powers do i Use? Because I love his 2 buffs, but it takes up precious space, so I am still debating on what really to use.. Overall Liking him so far..

• RandomMindRandomMind CanadaPosts: 166 Incredible
    edited April 27

I just capped out Cyclops and he was pretty fun, just had some spirit issues, hopefully there is a way to manage that.

• greensborohillgreensborohill The Savage LandPosts: 10 Mighty

I'm at lvl 25. I really don't know what's "good" or "bad" at this point. Last night I went to mid-town and did find myself running out of spirit when facing the Brotherhood. That being said, I LOVE that some of his powers include summoning the original 5 X-Men. It's the first thing I do in battle: Summon Beast, then Iceman, then Jean (haven't got Angel yet).

• EnforcerEnforcer Green Goliath Youngstown, OHPosts: 82 Mighty

Yep I am level 47 and I am finding out he is very squishy on Super Heroic... But i truely do love his summons and his Sig! Really trying to figure out which beams are the best to use... I honestly think Focused is the best boss killing one.. But Ritochet blast is really good for crowd control.. So still deciding.. Overall love the character!

• polarbearking10polarbearking10 Almost home of the Asgardians pre-Fear ItselfPosts: 180 Incredible

Also, he is very handy if you play with friends often because he has good team buffing. I have found him to be slightly above average at dps so far and manageable with survivability. You have to use your basic a lot to keep his spirit up in the mid-game, but once you have most of your gear slots unlocked you can manage his spirit much better as well.

• ArtCommissionsArtCommissions Posts: 26 Mighty

I remember seeing his synergies changed on console, no more +10% exp. unless I saw wrong. So changes to talents may happen regardless of PC version.

• RandomMindRandomMind CanadaPosts: 166 Incredible

Has anyone bought the Marvel Now! costume for Cyclops? I bought the' 90s costume for Cyke, because I think if I was to use Cyclops that would be the costume I would use, but I am interested in knowing how people like his Marvel Now! costume.

• SuperAndyTeeSuperAndyTee Posts: 183 Incredible

@RandomMind said:
    Has anyone bought the Marvel Now! costume for Cyclops? I bought the' 90s costume for Cyke, because I think if I was to use Cyclops that would be the costume I would use, but I am interested in knowing how people like his Marvel Now! costume.

I bought it just to try it. I prefer the 90s one still, just because I grew up with it. Not really a fan of the Marvel Now one but Jean's costume does change to her Marvel Now costume when summoned just like how she changes to her 90s attire.

• DavinDaLilAznDavinDaLilAzn Posts: 28 Mighty

Is he still the best choice to level up first to 60? I thought I read somewhere about Cyclops boosts other characters XP gain or has that been changed?

• AgentYetiAgentYeti Posts: 707 Amazing

@DavinDaLilAzn said:
    Is he still the best choice to level up first to 60? I thought I read somewhere about Cyclops boosts other characters XP gain or has that been changed?

That's been changed, his synergy is no longer an exp bonus.

• brad2240brad2240 Posts: 571 Amazing

Leveling up Cyclops, I thought he was great. I had low expectations after reading that he was bad but honestly he felt as strong or stronger than some other ranged heroes I've been playing. My primary skills are the Beast and Jean summons, Optic Devastation, Visor Off and main spenders of Focused Beam and Ricochet Beam. It worked very well for me and Cyke is going to be one of the first heroes I unlock after open beta starts, if not the very first.

"If you get hurt, hurt 'em back. If you get killed, walk it off." -Captain America

• SuperAndyTeeSuperAndyTee Posts: 183 Incredible

@Chrian said:
    Hello @RandomMind ,
    With the new item's available on the PS4 version, His builds and damage output have changed.You can play him till level 10 without unlocking to give yourself some experience with him and his powers. I personally would recommend giving him a go.

Is it on purpose that his first synergy bonus gives +2.5% to Energy Damage yet none of his attacks are labelled as Energy Damage but Force Damage? So he doesn't benefit at all from his first synergy (aside from Optic Beam is oddly Energy Damage even though it isn't labelled as it)

• KaeldoKaeldo ViennaPosts: 196 Incredible

So his Synergy is changed. that means there is no more XP Bonus in this Synergy system for now. and is it only on console?

" Chimi-Ketchup!-Changas "
    Bad As
    Smart As
    Great Ketchup!
    " See these days they cencored everything! " ~Deadpool~

• DavinDaLilAznDavinDaLilAzn Posts: 28 Mighty

@Kaeldo said:
    So his Synergy is changed. that means there is no more XP Bonus in this Synergy system for now. and is it only on console?

Yes, his (along with a few others) Synergy change is console only. Instead of +XP Bonus, he gets +Spirit on Enemy Defeat

• KaeldoKaeldo ViennaPosts: 196 Incredible

bit sad, that was an awesome lvl bonus to get i think.

" Chimi-Ketchup!-Changas "
    Bad As
    Smart As
    Great Ketchup!
    " See these days they cencored everything! " ~Deadpool~

• IsaachumIsaachum Posts: 31 Mighty

I'm sorry but imo, from the 9 characters I've taken to 60 Cyclops was the absolute worse in every aspect, he needs an overhaul on his talents and damage reduction naturally on his signature