Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

Marvel Heroes Omega
The Marvel Heroes Omega PlayStation 4 servers are now back online! Thank you for your patience.
The Marvel Heroes Omega Xbox One servers are now back online! Thank you for your patience.

Sorceress Supreme

AeraxAerax Posts: 9 Mighty
edited April 26 in MAGIK

Greetings everyone! Are you a fan of the Magik? Do you have a love for all things Illyana? Then this is the place for you!

This is a place to post some art of Magik or just talk about what it is that you love about her.

Why is she your favorite character?
How long have you been a fan of hers?
What do you think about her representation in this game?
Are there any costumes you are looking forward to? :)
|

Comments

• huckmoehuckmoe Posts: 5 New Agent

Can't wait for the movie

• LordShadeLordShade Forever trapped in the 80sPosts: 206 Amazing

First off, I love every single bit of art you have in that post.

When I was much much younger I was at a thrift store with my dad and was bored silly. Knowing I was an avid reader he found a comic book somewhere and smacked me with it and told me to go read. This turned out to be The New Mutants Graphic Novel and my very first comic book. I was hooked. Everything was amazing and I just wanted to know all about everyone in the comic. Thankfully this was 1989 so there was a good bit of New Mutant and X-Men stuff to find and collect

Illyana however stuck out for me. I was 7 at the time and she was kind of 7 too, you know, minus Limbo. She was an outsider who dealt with that by simply trying to forget that fact. Which was so different from me I couldn't grasp it. I've always slipped in and out of social groups like water and never really worried what people thought of me. Toss on top of that the simple fact that here was a girl character that not only could out fight Captain America, but could summon demons and cast spells? I've been in love with Magik ever since. I cried a lot when she died.

well it's 2017 now so you do the math

She's pretty spot on I think, aside from targeting issues and I miss her perm summons. I really like the different builds you can make with her and she seems varied and fun to me.

Are there any costumes you are looking forward to?
    Any and all of them. I want http://comicattack.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/magik2.jpg
    so bad I can't even describe. https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.zNZg_d-2x5l2OCZ4S_0KCgDGEs&pid=15.1 that would also be an insta buy.

• SmirwarfSmirwarf Fearless Leader Orlando, FloridaPosts: 36 Mighty

Colossus Sister and a Necromancer!?

To be honest I never knew who she was until I started playing Marvel Heroes, after a bit of research I learned she is Colossus Sister and after that.... I was interested lol Im a big fan of Colossus (Gambit being my ultimate favorite lol) and glad he got some real justice in the Deadpool movie ^_^

After playing with here on Marvel Heroes PC when she first came out I right away realized she had to be based off of the Diablo 2 Necro, and thats when she quickly became my favorite character to play! Once I got onto Marvel Heroes Omega I right away bought her with my free splinters.

As a side note, only reason I got Cap as my avatar pic (at the time of this post) is for my little 3yr old Nephew who is obsessed with wanting to become Cap when he grows up lol Otherwise it would be Colossus :smiley:

• ZukalosZukalos Ace Otherplace Posts: 9 Mighty
    edited May 26

Illyana is not only my favorite Marvel character she is my favorite fictional character period! The reason why she is my favorite fictional character is because she is a bad kupo, and despite basically being a demon pretending to be human she is one of the kindest characters in the Marvel Universe and I love that kind of oxymoron, of course later they went and retconned Nightcrawler into a demon too but still she was the kind demon before it was cool.

I have been a fan of hers for about 20 something years now.

For the most part I like her representation in the game and feel it is pretty accurate, but I cannot stand the Chris Bachalo costume and that he turned her Soul Sword into a Cloud Buster Sword, I would rather the New Mutants volume 3 costume be the default costume.

The costume I would like to see most in the game is her New Mutants volume 3 costume, and her New Mutants graduation costume.

Magik's New Mutants graduation costume.

Other people who love Illyana! hugs

Don't worry. Actual Magik is still dead. Surfboard her is just a construct by Bellasco.

edited May 26

@LordShade said:
    Other people who love Illyana! hugs

Don't worry. Actual Magik is still dead. Surfboard her is just a construct by Bellasco.

I used to think the same thing but it is not necessarily true even though the real Illyana actually died during New Mutants Inferno event while alternate timeline baby Illyana died of Legacy Virus during Uncanny X-Men 303.

Apparently the current Illyana is actually the real Illyana by Marvel standards because she has the memories and soul of the one that died during New Mutants Inferno. Even though she was created by Belasco it still makes her real because if that was the case Hawkeye who was created by the Scarlet Witch after he was killed, and most of the heroes that were killed by Onslaught and recreated by Franklin Richards would also not be considered real.

I chose to handle Onslaught the same way as I do Axis. NO DAMMIT MARVEL NO!!!
    So moving in from that. Illyana was deaged, hung out with the Xmen, died from the virus Sinister time walked to give her, we all cried. The end. New her is still great and I'm happy she's in comics. Discounting the Brooke Hogan look. She's still a golem made be Bellasco.
    Also old man Logan constantly remembers stuff he can't know so it's a marvel thing.
    o:)

@LordShade said:
    I chose to handle Onslaught the same way as I do Axis. NO DAMMIT MARVEL NO!!!
    So moving in from that. Illyana was deaged, hung out with the Xmen, died from the virus Sinister time walked to give her, we all cried. The end. New her is still great and I'm happy she's in comics. Discounting the Brooke Hogan look. She's still a golem made be Bellasco.
    Also old man Logan constantly remembers stuff he can't know so it's a marvel thing.
    o:)

True Marvel's continuity is a huge mess.

• MagikFanatikMagikFanatik Posts: 3 New Agent

@Aerax said:
    Greetings everyone! Are you a fan of the Magik? Do you have a love for all things Illyana? Then this is the place for you!

This is a place to post some art of Magik or just talk about what it is that you love about her.

Are there any costumes you are looking forward to? :)

I was an original reader when her 4part special came out. still have it somewhere :)

Favourite costume is the one you first posted:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/b0/2b/66/b02b666adff4e9562e0dcde32dac8cb8.gif

troubled girl trying to make good :)

• AlakdilionAlakdilion U.S.A.Posts: 30 Mighty

Not my favorite character, but she's certainly up there. I'm a sucker for cosmic/magic stuff so when I first read the character in Bendis' Uncanny X-men, I thought she was one of the most interesting team members in that book. I picked it up for Cyclops, but I think Magik came out on top since I found out she had a lot of mystic potential on top of her mutant ability. Eventually read her old stuff and liked the constant state of struggle she has with her demonic traits and reputation. I even picked up Extraordinary X-Men just for her.

I think they nailed it personality down. Her powers were also translated well into the game, considering how she has virtually limitless potential when it comes to sorcery.

Are there any costumes you are looking forward to?

I'd like the Exiles costume with the old sword design as well as the Extraordinary costume with the current sword design.

Oh man I never thought about Exiles. Oh, or House of M!