Heaxgaon A Hexagon

Forums

Marvel Heroes Omega

The all brutals all the time build

Damienmc90Damienmc90 Posts: 1,416 Astonishing

Since it was requested I put this information in the Hawkeye sub forums, here goes.

In order to brutally strike all the time we need to meet a few conditions.

First, only use arrow powers. For some reason Elusive Arrow, Explosive Arrow and trick arrowheads are not being treated as arrow powers. So these must be removed from your build. This includes Three Arrow Burst and Overwhelming Force as they shoot Explosive Arrow.

Next, you need 100% brutal strike chance. At the moment, this is only achievable through arrow powers(hence this being in Hawkeye's sub forums). You need Clint's Custom Quiver omega set up to rank 3 for the 50% bonus chance. The other 50% can be obtained through a mixture of gear and infinity.

If you want to only use gear, it takes 6500 brutal strike rating to achieve 50% chance. You can have up to 5% brutal strike chance from infinity as well, reducing your needs to 5200 brutal strike rating.

Then you use at least 1 piece of the omega set Gamora's Garments. This will give you 100% critical hit chance after building up stacks. These stacks only go away from 4 different ways:
1. Getting a critical hit(not a brutal strike)
2. Dying
3. Logging off of the game
4. Switching characters

The stacks are NOT removed from switching maps, so unless you die or use a damage source that isn't an arrow power your stacks won't go away until you stop playing as Hawkeye.

Now I will say the build I personally use starting with talents

1. Can't Miss (only viable option)
  2. Speed Draw(Make 'Em Count isn't good here but is viable)
  3. Phosphorus Flashbang(Thread the Needle is also an option)
  4. Streamlined Model(Gemini Turret Arrow is also an option)
  5. Moths to Flame(only viable option)

As for powers I am currently using
1. Acrobatic Roll(dash)
2. StarkTeck Claymore Turret(sig)
3. Serrated Arrow(main basic and DPS)
4. Speed Loader Volley
5. Shrieking Arrow
6. Nerve Gas Arrow
7. StarkTeck Medical Arrow(optional)
8. Wave of Arrows(optional)

You could use Electric Arrow or Freeze Arrow instead of Wave of Arrows. You could also use the Thread the Needle talent and use Rocket Arrow or Boomerang Arrow. However, Rocket Arrow currently has a bug and isn't receiving a 100% crit chance. So I'd rather use a trick arrow myself.

You can also use Flash Bomb instead of the medical arrow, or even neither and go all damaging powers.

Never use trick arrows and rocket arrow/boomerang arrow in the same build, as trick arrowheads don't receive the 50% bonus brute strike chance and will remove your gamora stacks.

Comments

• SergeantFreshSergeantFresh Gulf of MexicoPosts: 334 Amazing

Gonna check this out later.. is there a good rotation with this build, or will it become obvious as I play with it...

• Damienmc90Damienmc90 Posts: 1,416 Astonishing

@SergeantFresh said:
    Gonna check this out later.. is there a good rotation with this build, or will it become obvious as I play with it...

Well, since you can't use Overwhelming Force I always use a Nerve Gas Arrow right after a Shrieking Arrow to simulate Overwhelming Force. Aside from that I just kinda do whatever I feel like.

Wave of Arrows hits a nice sized area but its damage and attack speed are lower, and it really eats his spirit. Not problematic with a good catalyst, but still.

Freeze Arrow hits a smaller area, but it is an explosion around the target as opposed to a cone so it can hit things up in your face more easily and hits harder and faster.

Electric Arrow doesn't hit as hard, but takes aim out of the equation.

I think the biggest thing is to make sure you got your enemies lined up when you use Speed Loader Volley as it is one of his harder hitting powers.

Also, spam his signature a lot. It'll usually kill trash mobs for me by itself and using Salvaged Alien Weapon you can get its cool down to 10 seconds. Or you can not use the streamlined model to buff his serrated arrow basic attack. That does some great single target DPS.

what other legendary besides alien weapon will work... after months of farming I finally just got one for black cat... no telling how long it would be for another... I think I have the bow on hawk at the moment, and liked him just could not get damage up where it needed to be...

@SergeantFresh said:
    what other legendary besides alien weapon will work... after months of farming I finally just got one for black cat... no telling how long it would be for another... I think I have the bow on hawk at the moment, and liked him just could not get damage up where it needed to be...

There are 3 that I think are best for this build.
    1. Salvaged Alien Weapon
    2. Ultimate Nullifier(since every hit is a brutal)
    3. Belt of Apocalypse

Started Gathering some gear and got to thinking - what are you using for the 5th piece of gear?

1. 4th Quicskilver
    2. 2nd Gamora (to up Crit damage)
    3. Armor of Apoc ( +25 atrib during ult)
    4. Something else?
    edited November 9

@SergeantFresh said:
    Started Gathering some gear and got to thinking - what are you using for the 5th piece of gear?

1. 4th Quicskilver
    2. 2nd Gamora (to up Crit damage)
    3. Armor of Apoc ( +25 atrib during ult)
    4. Something else?

I think you mean 1st quicksilver?

Right now, because I don't have the gear to change it ATM, I have 1 piece of quicksilver which is pretty nice for survivability honestly. I wish to use a 2nd gamora's though.

I don't really ever use my ultimate, can't be bothered to remember its existence with such a long cool down so I don't use apoc.

There isnt much to use after that. You can't use anything that will proc damage, such as windrider, as it won't be considered an arrow power and will remove your gamora stacks.

• cmaag42cmaag42 Posts: 14 Mighty

Have you done any test comparing that to some other builds. Ive got 2 peice gamora and 3 peice clints quiver. I tried this build and set up. All big red numbers yes, but it didnt match up to my other build ttk wise. However there is alot of good survivability with the infinite brut route.

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backwards. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means it is going ro launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming.

• Clint Barton a.k.a. Hawkeye

@cmaag42 said:
    Have you done any test comparing that to some other builds. Ive got 2 peice gamora and 3 peice clints quiver. I tried this build and set up. All big red numbers yes, but it didnt match up to my other build ttk wise. However there is alot of good survivability with the infinite brut route.

That sounds like a poor gear issue rather than it being because of the brute rating focus.... Only because you said it had better survivability. Perhaps your gear has more health/health on hit/spirit on enemy defeat etc, instead of crit/brute damage? Or maybe your base damage isn't high enough?

My brutal in comparison to my normal hits, well... There is no comparison really. My brutal hit much much harder, so I'd doubt the change in powers would hurt DPS in comparison to using stronger rotations without all brutals.

So, my question would be: What were your stats previously? In what way are you lacking now, that you weren't lacking before?

There are essentially 4 powers that you can not use with this build in comparison to without it. This is only because of bugs, so there may even be improvements down the road but it is unfortunate that some of my favorite powers aren't viable with this.(mostly with explosive arrow not working, I don't care about elusive arrow)

The only stats you could possibly have to give up, are crit hit(irrelevant here) and MA. So I'm just not seeing where the DPS reduction would come from. Overwhelming Force is nice, bit it is essentially just shooting 5 powers at the same time. 4 of which you can still use individually. Three Arrow Burst is in a similar situation, though you actually lose more DPS by losing this one as the nerve gas damage areas don't stack so you can ignore that portion from overwhelming force.

The only thing I can think of that is really hurting your DPS, is the loss of explosive arrow since that is what applies vulnerability (10% increased damage). There might be a way to remedy that, like how your SIG applies weakened with infinity bonuses. I don't know all the artifacts, so I can only hope something exists to apply vulnerable to enemies for us. That or they fix the explosive arrow bug.

@Damienmc90 said:

@cmaag42 said:

That sounds like a poor gear issue rather than it being because of the brute rating focus.... Only because you said it had better survivability. Perhaps your gear has more health/health on hit/spirit on enemy defeat etc, instead of crit/brute damage? Or maybe your base damage isn't high enough?

My brutal in comparison to my normal hits, well... There is no comparison really. My brutal hit much much harder, so I'd doubt the change in powers would hurt DPS in comparison to using stronger rotations without all brutals.

So, my question would be: What were your stats previously? In what way are you lacking now, that you weren't lacking before?

There are essentially 4 powers that you can not use with this build in comparison to without it. This is only because of bugs, so there may even be improvements down the road but it is unfortunate that some of my favorite powers aren't viable with this.(mostly with explosive arrow not working, I don't care about elusive arrow)

The only stats you could possibly have to give up, are crit hit(irrelevant here) and MA. So I'm just not seeing where the DPS reduction would come from. Overwhelming Force is nice, bit it is essentially just shooting 5 powers at the same time. 4 of which you can still use individually. Three Arrow Burst is in a similar situation, though you actually lose more DPS by losing this one as the nerve gas damage areas don't stack so you can ignore that portion from overwhelming force.

The only thing I can think of that is really hurting your DPS, is the loss of explosive arrow since that is what applies vulnerability (10% increased damage). There might be a way to remedy that, like how your SIG applies weakened with infinity bonuses. I don't know all the artifacts, so I can only hope something exists to apply vulnerable to enemies for us. That or they fix the explosive arrow bug.

Nah my stats are really solid. Pretty close to optimal gear atm.
    42k hp
    3.8k deflect
    20% attack speed
    Crit rating is low which iy should be on hawkeye
    Crit damage is 2.5k~
    Brut rating is 4.5k. And I get to 6k in combat (Crossbones)
    Brut damage is 7.2k
    Base damage is 224%

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backwards. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means it is going ro launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming.

@cmaag42 said:

@Damienmc90 said:

@cmaag42 said:

42k hp
    3.8k deflect
    20% attack speed
    Crit damage is 2.5k~
    Brut damage is 7.2k
    Base damage is 224%

So brute damage on 3 pieces of gear and crit damage on 2 pieces. It can go up higher, but certainly not bad. I am slightly worried about the brute rating though, I know it jumps up when you are in combat but that doesn't count for the 1st shot right? I do hope it isn't resetting your gamora stacks at the beginning of combat. Building up the stacks can be dreadfully annoying.

@Damienmc90 said:

@cmaag42 said:

@Damienmc90 said:

@cmaag42 said:

42k hp
    3.8k deflect
    20% attack speed
    Crit damage is 2.5k~
    Brut damage is 7.2k
    Base damage is 224%

So brute damage on 3 pieces of gear and crit damage on 2 pieces. It can go up higher, but certainly not bad. I am slightly worried about the brute rating though, I know it jumps up when you are in combat but that doesn't count for the 1st shot right? I do hope it isn't resetting your gamora stacks at the beginning of combat. Building up the stacks can be dreadfully annoying.

Im just waiting on the omega swap. I have gear that will replace brut damage for brute rating. Just need one flip and itll be at 5200+. Im not worried, i burn bosses and trash great.